Georgia Lottery seems to be fixed

As a person who plays the lottery a lot, I would like to know whether your subscribers feel that the Georgia Lottery is fixed where 90 percent of the top prizes are won in the Atlanta area.

My thoughts are based on the high percentage of online games that are won in the area -- simply because the more winners produced in that area, the more it will boost the economy surrounding the location of the winners.

History shows that top prizes and second place prizes of the Mega Millions, Fantasy 5, Win 4 Life drawings and instant tickets games are won in the Atlanta area or within a 100-mile radius. Only a few top prizes can be tracked to Augusta, the second-largest city in Georgia, and the surrounding areas.

If your readers don't believe my theory, I would like to suggest that they go to galottery.com and view the winners tab and see for themselves. In the event those players who are hoping that more winning tickets will soon find their way to Augusta and the surrounding area, many will be surprised to learn that their chances are very slim.

I believe the Georgia Lottery is fixed. Former Georgia Lottery execs have confirmed that they dictate when top prizes should appear, and the online drawings are monitored so that the lottery can ensure that they have made a profit before declaring a winner for a particular online game.

Selena Garrison Vick

Augusta

charliemanson
charliemanson 08/08/09 - 02:39 am
Save your money. The odds of

Save your money. The odds of winning at any lottery is too high. If you want better odds at making money, learn how to the play the stock market. It won't be easy but once you learn how to pick your own stocks and cut out the broker, you will never go back to playing the lottery, again. And yes, you can make money in the stock market if the market is going up or down.

opiner
opiner 08/08/09 - 03:17 am
All lotteries are fixed,

All lotteries are fixed, otherwise I'd win one of those mega-prizes.

MtnMan
MtnMan 08/08/09 - 05:59 am
Charlliemanson....of course

Charlliemanson....of course the odds are way too high! However, somebody out there is winning and it may as well be me!

MtnMan
MtnMan 08/08/09 - 06:01 am
...total winnings in my life

...total winnings in my life a new VW....90 bucks of the Gerorgia Lotto.....and "chicken change" here and there.....as far as losses? Hey, I am waaay ahead of the game....

southernguy08
southernguy08 08/08/09 - 07:17 am
You'd stand a better chance

You'd stand a better chance of winning going to Vegas and trying the blackjack table. At least there, you have an even chance against the house. If you don't like the odds with the lottery, Selena, simple, just don't play. Problem solved.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 08/08/09 - 08:18 am
The lottery is a tax on

The lottery is a tax on people who can't do math.

dashiel
dashiel 08/08/09 - 09:20 am
That might be true, Tigger,

That might be true, Tigger, but it still doesn't explain why we love playing it. Hope sells.

triscuit
triscuit 08/08/09 - 09:53 am
Maybe there are more winners

Maybe there are more winners in Atlanta because there are more players in Atlanta.

Martinez
Martinez 08/08/09 - 10:28 am
I don't know about fixed but

I don't know about fixed but their payout ratios seem a lot lower then other states. I have played lottos and scratch offs in other states with far higher success rates. I rarely see anything more then a free ticket in Georgia.

omnomnom
omnomnom 08/08/09 - 11:32 am
okay, looks like the "why

okay, looks like the "why would the AC print such a stupid LTE" post falls to me.

MandJ
MandJ 08/08/09 - 11:39 am
Lottery: Taxes for people

Lottery: Taxes for people that can't do math.

corgimom
corgimom 08/08/09 - 12:19 pm
Atlanta has a bigger

Atlanta has a bigger population, yes, statistically they would have more winners. The solution to this problem is easy. If you think it's fixed, then don't buy lottery tickets.

TechLover
TechLover 08/08/09 - 12:49 pm
Ga's population is around 9

Ga's population is around 9 million. Metro Atlanta's polpulation is alost 5.5 million. If you extend it to 100 miles around Atlanta, you get well over 7 million. More people, more winners. The second largest jackpot in Ga history was by a family in Washington, Ga and when I worked at the VA, a lady won 9 million. The numbers are statistcally fixed so there is only a set amount as payout. Where they are won is random.

bettyboop
bettyboop 08/08/09 - 12:55 pm
folks who waste their money

folks who waste their money on the lottery are just plain "silly":..(now you know that is not what I wanted to say but the word police will look for anyway to censure ............so we must play with "cotten candy words and rainbow thoughts"...lol)

NEWS REPORTER
NEWS REPORTER 08/08/09 - 01:09 pm
ohh yea check out the winning

ohh yea check out the winning last month of that cash 3 game they had most was near atlanta n let me know what you think

TechLover
TechLover 08/08/09 - 01:29 pm
dame: I think people spend

dame: I think people spend their money on a lot of silly things, if the lottery is what floats your boat, go for it. I think it's silly to pay $7.59 for a hamburger and fries at Applebees or $4.00 for a cup of coffee at Starbucks, and for God sakes anyone who spent any money to buy disco music, but that's just me.

bettyboop
bettyboop 08/08/09 - 01:38 pm
tech..I am with you ...I

tech..I am with you ...I would not eat at a fast food place if my life depended on it.....lol 4.00 for coffee!!...I make the best coffee in my own home...no need to enrich anyone else. But thats just me..(lol)

TechLover
TechLover 08/08/09 - 01:54 pm
dame: Try Folger's Black

dame: Try Folger's Black Silk. Goooood Coffee. Write them and tell them you like it and they'll send you a couple of dollar off coupons. (that's not why I wrote, it's just my favorite and I want it to stick around, the coupons were just a bonus). I will grab a Whopper Jr or a junior burger at Sonic for a buck. When I'm living dangerously I'll hit Sonic after 5pm on Tuesdays and get their regular Sonic burger for half price. Last one I got was one of the best burgers I've had anywhere. Not cheap, just thrifty. :>)

bettyboop
bettyboop 08/08/09 - 02:24 pm
Yeah ..thanks for the

Yeah ..thanks for the tips...coupons are our friends....While I will not eat a burger from mikey dees....I will sometimes revert to my high school days and get a whopper...been at least a year since I did that....the feeling of utter decadence is fabulous!.., ..but alas Mc Donalds can not tempt me with anything! Never tried a Sonic...............

TechLover
TechLover 08/08/09 - 02:33 pm
dame: At Mcd'd, the only

dame: At Mcd'd, the only thing I get is the Egg McMuffin. Saw a report on the news a few weeks ago and it's actually the healthiest (or least unhealthy) and lowest cal, high protein breakfast sandwich out there. When feeling decadent, you must try a Sonic burger, loaded.

bettyboop
bettyboop 08/08/09 - 02:37 pm
must try it!!...........

must try it!!...........

bone
bone 08/08/09 - 02:41 pm
sure the lottery is rigged.

sure the lottery is rigged. will that stop you from playing the lottery a lot, ms. vick? the saying goes (with gender modification for your benefit):"a fool and her money are soon parted." hope & change seem to spring eternal around here, dashiel, as proven by the continued election of libs in political races.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 08/08/09 - 03:41 pm
Miracles never cease....I

Miracles never cease....I agree with TL on something..........Black Silk....most excellent!

Lumbarsupport
Lumbarsupport 08/08/09 - 05:36 pm
Don't you have a dogfight to

Don't you have a dogfight to go to, Ms. Vick? Don't forget your tinfoil hat.

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/08/09 - 06:54 pm
nova??

nova??

usnvet
usnvet 08/08/09 - 07:51 pm
I noticed that there were 16

I noticed that there were 16 winners from Stone Mountain, Ga. (a town of 7,000 people) in the recent Cash 3 promotion 333 winners in 33 days and only 4 from Augusta (over 200,000 people). That alone should prompt an investigation by someone., No way in a million years that could happen without it being rigged. Also, look at the Fantasy 5 winners list. A disproportionate number of winners are from Cumming, Georgia. Scratch off tickets with odds of winning at 1 in 4 but you buy 20 tickets and don't win anything...not even a ticket. The lottery is simply put: CARDBOARD CRACK and they know it. Every ticket design is carefully crafted by experts that know EXACTLY how to get you to buy them and suck you in to take your cash. A State sponsored scam. Billions wasted on "education" and people are just as stupid as they were before...AND BROKER!

JohnQPublic
JohnQPublic 08/08/09 - 08:59 pm
What about some local stores

What about some local stores owners who want to sell loose instant tickets? I bet they have some sort of scanner that shows the winners and they have family members cash them in. Did you see the lottery scam on tv the other night? Folks ask the store to scan their tickets and the store clerks tell the customer its not a winner. The state of California sends workers with fake winners to see if the store workers are honest. Most workers lie to the customer and tell them the ticket worth $1000.00 was a loser. They got arrested on camera!

radiatingtatas
radiatingtatas 08/08/09 - 10:19 pm
Well my hubby and I have been

Well my hubby and I have been very lucky on the scratch offs. We have one $500 off of one JUMBO BUCKS $100 off another JUMBO BUCKS and 85 off another one we buy $20 every two weeks are we ahead HECK NO but it sure is fun. Am I confused about the tax opinions. I thought that people buying the tickets (most are losers) actual pays for the winnings?? How does the tax fit into this. Of course I am new to GA but in KS and PA it is that way?? Just curious!!!

Opinionated1234
Opinionated1234 08/08/09 - 10:54 pm
I'm just surprised about how

I'm just surprised about how silly some people can be with their comments. To me, it seems like Ms. Vick was just attempting to get some open dialogue about the possibility of the lottery being fixed. Wow, its amazing how insensitive some people can be. I didn't think that Ms. Vick was saying that she was so fed up with the lottery, I took her comments as a hypothetical analogy. I don't think it has nothing to do with the population or the number of people that play. According to lottery officials, the online games are picked at random, so the logics given by too many to name that the randoming picked winning numbers happen to be selected from Atlanta or within a 100 mile radius. I'm not the only the feels this way, I have two friends, who play the lottery for recreation, she and a co-worker purchased 10 of the same $20 tickets from four different stores----all 40 tickets were non-winners. Yet, Atlanta, Columbus, Covington, and Conyers all had top prize winners for the same ticket.

usnvet
usnvet 08/08/09 - 11:27 pm
Anywhere there's money;

Anywhere there's money; Somewhere there's a crook. There are NO EXCEPTIONS!

Arrest in fatal Sunday shooting

Walter L. Johnson, 60, was booked into the Richmond County jail Tuesday on charges of murder and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime.