Fasten seat belts - here comes socialism

Health Care for America Now's commercial urging all Georgians to contact U.S. Rep. John Barrow to vote for the president's new health care program is just another Democratic-backed group cramming the president's programs down our throats.

The only reason Health Care for America Now is pushing this is because Rep. Barrow realizes it won't do the job, and will cost all of us our health care programs and a whole lot of money. It is just another example of Democrat tactics, plain and simple -- just yell and push until they get their way.

I'll go along with the president's health care program just as soon as the president, his whole staff and appointees and Congress have to use the same health care program. Isn't it interesting that Congress and the president don't fall under this program?

Look out, country -- here comes socialism in its finest form. For Sen. Lindsey Graham here in South Carolina, backing the president's plan is the end of his career in Congress.

Richard A. Wilson, Aiken S.C.

KSL
KSL 08/03/09 - 06:40 pm
Here is a health care plan

Here is a health care plan that is bi-partisan, is favored by the CBO, and would start accumulating funds in the second year. But it doesn't accomplish O's intent of taking over all aspects of our lives. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124545885464333145.html

Taylor B
Taylor B 08/03/09 - 07:02 pm
KSL, word up on the deatbeat

KSL, word up on the deatbeat dads. My stepkids dad is almost 5k back with two new cars in the driveway.

KSL
KSL 08/03/09 - 07:07 pm
I can understand. Instead of

I can understand. Instead of chasing low level drug users, law enforcement should be going after these deadbeat parents.

imdstuf
imdstuf 08/03/09 - 07:59 pm
I want them to chase both if

I want them to chase both if possible.

imdstuf
imdstuf 08/03/09 - 08:01 pm
I do not mind alternative

I do not mind alternative plans, just find it ironic that until Obama brought up the issue no one, hardly on either side, cared to discuss the issue. However it gets done, something needs to be done. If health care is expensive for me, a young single healthy individual, I would be scared to see how much it is for someone over 40 or who also has to cover kids, especially if they actually needed to use it.

KSL
KSL 08/03/09 - 08:08 pm
In a perfect world, imdstuf.

In a perfect world, imdstuf.

KSL
KSL 08/03/09 - 08:10 pm
For what we pay, we could buy

For what we pay, we could buy a new car for cash every year. And for what we are paying, I'm not driving a new car. But, I was raised to believe that you paid what you had to in order to be able to count on in being there when you needed it. That's one reason my parents told me not to search for the cheapest car insurance I could find.

Pu239
Pu239 08/03/09 - 08:57 pm
I'm just gonna go ahead and

I'm just gonna go ahead and signup for that end of life counseling now. Then pi$$ 'em off by living 10 or so years!

KSL
KSL 08/03/09 - 09:12 pm
I sincerely hope it is way

I sincerely hope it is way more than that. Really pi$$ 'em off.

bcs2k
bcs2k 08/03/09 - 10:17 pm
*yawn* More Republican

*yawn*

More Republican babble.

Nothing "they" say has proven correct yet and their last president ruined us financially. I'm no longer afraid. Be quiet and come back when you finally have it "figured out". lol

LaTwon
LaTwon 08/03/09 - 10:55 pm
socialism is great til you

socialism is great til you run out of the other persons money.
then it is the bayonet and the noose.

Pu239
Pu239 08/03/09 - 11:01 pm
BCS? you are dismissed! Your

BCS? you are dismissed! Your current president is ruining us financially and you do not have the vision to "figure it out" BLESS YOUR HEART

Pu239
Pu239 08/03/09 - 11:04 pm
Coincidentally....your

Coincidentally....your college bowl selections leave a great deal to be desired!

imdstuf
imdstuf 08/03/09 - 11:55 pm
Many rich people are born

Many rich people are born into it. They did not all earn it. The ones that have earned it are often times not NEO CONS.

imdstuf
imdstuf 08/04/09 - 12:00 am
That counciling is just an

That counciling is just an option for older people who might want special care such as nursing home options, etc.

KSL
KSL 08/04/09 - 08:25 am
It's not an option.

It's not an option.

Temple's novel filled with familiar characters

Merle Temple’s second novel, A Ren­ted World, is a tell-all book filled with local and state figures so thinly veiled he might as well have used their real names although he ...