Fasten seat belts - here comes socialism

Health Care for America Now's commercial urging all Georgians to contact U.S. Rep. John Barrow to vote for the president's new health care program is just another Democratic-backed group cramming the president's programs down our throats.

The only reason Health Care for America Now is pushing this is because Rep. Barrow realizes it won't do the job, and will cost all of us our health care programs and a whole lot of money. It is just another example of Democrat tactics, plain and simple -- just yell and push until they get their way.

I'll go along with the president's health care program just as soon as the president, his whole staff and appointees and Congress have to use the same health care program. Isn't it interesting that Congress and the president don't fall under this program?

Look out, country -- here comes socialism in its finest form. For Sen. Lindsey Graham here in South Carolina, backing the president's plan is the end of his career in Congress.

Richard A. Wilson, Aiken S.C.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 08/03/09 - 01:02 pm
Who cares what a clown like

Who cares what a clown like you say about me.Your 11:19 is as racist as anything ever posted here.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 08/03/09 - 01:07 pm
I know a bitter loser like

I know a bitter loser like KSL aka Krazy Sick Lady had to come in. I,m going to post, you or how you feel don't matter.It's not like I woke up saying, I'm going to post something KSL or Justthefacts would like to hear.

The Ode
The Ode 08/03/09 - 01:07 pm
Puhleeze RCR. Turn it around.

Puhleeze RCR. Turn it around. For most of you [blacks], no matter what the president does, you are [for] it. It is about policy not skin color or at least it should be and it is to those who believe in the Constitution and freedoms and liberties and equal opportunities for all Americans.

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 08/03/09 - 01:09 pm
Well if that's the same for

Well if that's the same for the other side (and more rightly so) then I will not converse either. Oh what the hey, you'll never change a racist anyway until there dead and gone. Gone where you say? They'll be taking the down elevator.

justthefacts
22080
justthefacts 08/03/09 - 01:16 pm
KSL/Ode, I knew it would

KSL/Ode, I knew it would construed by some. I am secure in my views on race. You notice that when someone calls ALL southerns racist (jackfruit) it is OK, but, when someone return the favor and you are a racist.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 08/03/09 - 01:17 pm
The Ode, I wish I could

The Ode, I wish I could believe you. I don't buy the it's about policy and not skin color bit. Looking at history and many occurrences of today, for too many, race is the factor. Folks like KSL are bitter. They come on here looking for fights, even on days I don't post.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 08/03/09 - 01:22 pm
Justthefacts, no matter how

Justthefacts, no matter how you slice it, your above post is purely racist in motive and deed.KSL and Ode's credibility is shot.They have been making ridiculous claims for months now.ie. birth certificate, college records.

KSL
KSL 08/03/09 - 01:38 pm
Ridiculous claims? Obama's

Ridiculous claims? Obama's records are sealed for some reason. By the way, we didn't initiate those claims. RCR, you are pretty conceited if you think that it can't be anything but color in our opposition to Obama.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 08/03/09 - 01:43 pm
For folks like you, yeah

For folks like you, yeah color is a factor.It's not for all whites, but you have strong history of making racist comments.Besides, the Supreme Court refused to hear the case. What other Court will you file your claim?

KSL
KSL 08/03/09 - 01:57 pm
That's only one of the

That's only one of the lawsuits. You did know that didn't you?

Chuchi
Chuchi 08/03/09 - 02:03 pm
Earlier, someone posted:

Earlier, someone posted: "Only selfish people are against socialism because selfish people don't like to share. The rich only make a token effort when they do share." Well, this is a free country and people have the right to be selfish if they so choose. It's not very nice, perhaps, but nevertheless, anyone who makes money has the legal right to keep that which they have earned. They can spend their money, save their money, burn their money --- whatever. It's their money and their choice. Other people are not entitled to that which someone else has earned. The problem with raising taxes, for instance, is that it takes away earners' rights to their own earnings, oftentimes for programs the earners don't believe are good for the nation and that they themselves do not support. In this country, everyone has the right to hang on to their money. Charity is supposed to be voluntary, otherwise it isn't charity. It may be selfish not to give, but no one has the right to force charity down your throat if you aren't interested in donating.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 08/03/09 - 02:05 pm
Go ahead, waste your time if

Go ahead, waste your time if it makes you feel better. But elections are won in the voting boothes.Voter nullification will not stand, period!!!

Chuchi
Chuchi 08/03/09 - 02:11 pm
On another comments page

On another comments page recently, someone posted that these govt-sponsored social programs were "all for the common good" and people who do not wish to contribute are all about "me, my, myself." What if someone does not agree that certain social programs are for the common, or greater, good? Why should that person be forced to pay for something he does not support and did not vote for? What about his right to opt out of having his earnings garnished for things the govt says are good but he believes are bad? Is that not "forcing morality down his throat"? Many tyrants have used the "it's for the greater good" argument in order to squeeze money, property, freedom and blood from citizens. I am concerned that it is happening in our great nation now.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 08/03/09 - 02:25 pm
Churchi, many of us didn't

Churchi, many of us didn't vote for tax cuts for the rich or the Iraq war. Some things provided by the government won't benefit us all. Building a highway in New York maybe neccessary.Even though you or I don't live in New York.The social program thing, is a worn out mantra of rightwingers.They didn't mind providing corporate welfare or subsidies for wealthy farmers. Too often their social programs are cleverly labeled and target the wealthy. Churchi are you rich?

disssman
disssman 08/03/09 - 02:27 pm
I assume Richard has seen the

I assume Richard has seen the plan and it specifically exempts the President, his appointees and staff and the Congress from being a part of the plan. BTW the president has a health care plan that trys to insure the operating of the country in the event some idiot trys to assinate him. This health care is at the direction of Congress and I think it is a pretty good idea. Now when he isn't President I believe he will fall under the same laws as you and I. But I guess Richard has read something the rest of us aren't privy to. Maybe he could enlighten the rest of us by providing the page number for his data. No, A Ruch Limbaugh talk show isn't really a source of data, so tell us the page number of the bill in Congress now.

justthefacts
22080
justthefacts 08/03/09 - 02:56 pm
disssman, I don't know what

disssman, I don't know what to tell you. If you don't know by now that the President, his family, Congress, Congress's staffers, all their families, and Unions are exempt from the HC bill, well, OK.

RebelTA
RebelTA 08/03/09 - 03:47 pm
if sorry people would take

if sorry people would take care of their self then there would be no delusion of having this need. They could pay the insurance premium with what they spend on bling and cell phones!

southernguy08
southernguy08 08/03/09 - 03:53 pm
DISSMAN, love your

DISSMAN, love your spelling...assinate instead of assassinate...Ruch Limbaugh instead of Rush Limbaugh. While I'll give you the "assinate" part of your argument for the president, assassinating a member of congress, although tragic, would hardly disrupt the operation of the country. Again, the president and congress should LEAD BY EXAMPLE! If this bill is so great, let them drop their current cushy, taxpayer funded healthcare plans and sign up for this. If they don't and still try to ram this down our throats, they are the PILLARS OF HYPOCRISY!

Chuchi
Chuchi 08/03/09 - 04:16 pm
RCR: no, I am most assuredly

RCR: no, I am most assuredly not rich (wouldn't it be nice, though). But I do not have any problem at all whatsoever with tax cuts for the wealthy or corporations. This is because I do not envy the rich. I congratulate them on their good fortune while trying to learn their wealth-building techniques. Wealthy people are the ones who provide jobs; I have personally never been employed by a poor man. The more you tax the wealthy, the more jobs are lost. And it is a myth that corporations pay taxes. When tax hikes affect companies, they merely raise the prices of goods and services, utilize legal tax shelters and lay off workers. This benefits no one; in fact, it hurts the poor and middle class. Charities that the wealthy patronize are also affected as donations go down when taxes go up. Rich people and the companies they create or work for owe me nothing.

cara1985
cara1985 08/03/09 - 04:21 pm
i agree with Chuchi. I am by

i agree with Chuchi. I am by far not wealthy but I do agree that, for the most part, you are rich because you earned the right to achieve a higher way, whether it be through experience, education, etc. I do not believe it is up to these people to pay for everyone's elses health care if they don't want to. Even though I would love someone to give me a hand out every now and again (middle class people never do get a break), I would not condone receiving it from someone who is not 100% willing to give. I would not want to accept anything from anyone who feels forced into it. That is all we are saying in terms on this healthcare bill. It should be optional to pay into it, to receive it, or to have any part of it.

Chuchi
Chuchi 08/03/09 - 04:29 pm
Once a very liberal young

Once a very liberal young woman complained to me that "the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer." I advised her that if she was so concerned about the plight of the poor, she should immediately cash in her college and trust funds and savings accounts and give the money to those less fortunate than she. She did not bring the topic up again. I find it interesting that those in power who are fairly or very well-to-do are the first ones to complain about the downtrodden masses crushed under the heels of the very naughty wealthy corporations, yet are the last ones to lead by example. Rather, they prefer to spend Other People's Money to advance their social directives. A good example is before us at this time, with health care reform pending. Politicians would be exempt from public health care while the rest of us shmoes will have to eat it. Doesn't seem quite right to me.

Chuchi
Chuchi 08/03/09 - 04:33 pm
Reading recommendation: "The

Reading recommendation: "The Millionaire Next Door". Can't recall the authors' names, my apologies. The book is very illuminating and quite instructive. It might surprise you. The wealthy are not always who we think they are.

KSL
KSL 08/03/09 - 04:42 pm
Obama campaigned in 2000

Obama campaigned in 2000 saying that he wanted a single payer health care system. In 2006 he stated the same thing. Now he runs around saying those who are satifed with their health insurance can keep it. Yet the bill he wanted voted on before now, before it was fully understood by the people and the members of Congress, would eventually result in a single payer system for all but the exempted (UAW) and federal employees

LaTwon
LaTwon 08/03/09 - 04:43 pm
perhaps some of you gubment

perhaps some of you gubment worshippers can get a job at the internment relocation camps. help operate a displaced civilian resettlement facility.

KSL
KSL 08/03/09 - 04:47 pm
Frightening, isn't it,

Frightening, isn't it, LaTwon.

KSL
KSL 08/03/09 - 04:59 pm
This is a parable that is

This is a parable that is making its way around the Internet. And while it is not a true story, what it is relating is true. After decades and decades of help given since the Depression and the Great Society, we have countless people who are content to live off the government, multiple generations of them. http://www.puritanboard.com/f52/professor-fails-whole-class-find-out-why...

imdstuf
imdstuf 08/03/09 - 05:10 pm
Talk about sealed records,

Talk about sealed records, what about Bush in the National Guard or Dick Cheney's private energy meeting with Enron and Halliburton. All these big wigs have some secrets. The socialism cry is the same song and dance as when Medicare came about. The federal postal service is socialism I guess.

imdstuf
imdstuf 08/03/09 - 05:14 pm
KSL, there are lazy people

KSL, there are lazy people living off the government, true. Unfortunately some are not trying to, but need temporary assistance. The bad apples should not spoil it for the entire bunch. There needs to be reform in those areas just like many others.

KSL
KSL 08/03/09 - 05:16 pm
And it runs so well, doesn't.

And it runs so well, doesn't. No reflection on our mail delivery people. I'm talking about the post office as a whole.

KSL
KSL 08/03/09 - 05:20 pm
There are a lot of bad apples

There are a lot of bad apples who have made that life style a permanent one. I have no problem with temporary assistance. Used to be a caseworker.