We don't need this kind of change

The people said "We want change" and "We will vote ourselves a new leader," his name being Obama.

What the people did not see is that we have been having change since Franklin Roosevelt. The change has been minute over the years until Lyndon Johnson revived Herbert Hoover's "chicken in every pot."

If there is one thing I have learned in 73 years, it is that you will not get something for nothing; sooner or later you will pay for it, in some way. We started on our downslide with FDR, but it was at such a slow pace we did not notice. Every year we would lose a little more of our freedom to our government and special interests.

As the years progressed we lived in a state of apathy, then along came LBJ and the "chicken in every pot" paid for by the taxpayer; you got a chicken whether you contributed or not. During the next few years the government and special interests (crooks) decided they wanted more power and control over the people, so they introduced the people to pork -- and as the saying goes, the rest is history.

We now have a president who is bent on destroying this once-great country. We have a chance in 2010 to try to put this nation back on the track to God, country and man. Just remember when you look in the mirror every morning you are looking at part of the problem or part of the solution. Which will you be? ...

I do not know about you, but I have had about all the change I want.

Harry Gilmore Jr.

Lincolnton

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 07/22/09 - 09:12 pm
Converted Southerner, I don't

Converted Southerner, I don't care enough about you, to care what you think of me.You're a silly clown, who continue to post the same stuff, day after day.You don't even pay taxes, so why are you worried.Get a Life, we already know how you feel and still will support the president.O the President!!!

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/22/09 - 09:27 pm
Since when don't I pay taxes?

Since when don't I pay taxes? You are a very twisted person that needs help. With your attitude, your not going to live to enjoy your senior years. I care and I'll continue to post anything and everything I find that is revelent to what is being forced on our great country. Sorry to disappoint you but I have a wonderful life. If you don't like what I say, I suggest you stop reading it because your mind is closed to anything that tells the truth about your inept and incompetent prezbho. You are the perfect example of the fawning follower.

concernednative
concernednative 07/22/09 - 09:41 pm
I think everyone has been

I think everyone has been exposed.

corgimom
corgimom 07/22/09 - 10:00 pm
"You haven't seen any

"You haven't seen any evidence"- no, the Grand Jury investigation, that's not evidence. Everyone, everywhere, from all over, is engaged in a vast conspiracy against black people, right, RCR? There was a conspiracy in Washington DC, when Few lied on his resume too, right? In a city that reelects Marion Berry as mayor, and they ran Few out of town? I know lots of fine, decent intelligent black people. I teach lots of fine, decent, intelligent black kids, but the people that Augusta have had in the past have been just awful. And THAT is the truth.

corgimom
corgimom 07/22/09 - 10:09 pm
Oh, and BTW, RCR, here's the

Oh, and BTW, RCR, here's the composition of that 2002 Special Grand Jury: In November 1999, Judge Fleming ordered the special grand jury to be empaneled after two regular grand juries made allegations of corruption in city government. More than a half-century separates the youngest and oldest members of the 23-member panel: The youngest grand juror is 23, and the oldest is 78. There are 10 women, five black and five white; and 13 men, nine white and four black.

jack234
jack234 07/22/09 - 10:13 pm
I would just like to be the

I would just like to be the first to congratulate Sen. Graham for putting his partisanship aside and endorsed the soon to be next supreme court judge. "for the good of the country". After the news conference tonight, I am very satisfied with the President's respond to all the concerns we have about the new health care system we will have very soon. He was able to clear up all the concerns brought up on this post. What a wonderful way to start a new administration and there are even better things to come as he remakes our America. To Mr. President Obama, I say HELLO! HELLO! HELLO!

concernednative
concernednative 07/22/09 - 10:17 pm
What a great job President

What a great job President Obama did tonight. He really expressed how he is not going to sit back and let problems go unfixed. He is not taking the easy route of status quo. Thank God we finally have a problem solver in office.

jack234
jack234 07/22/09 - 10:19 pm
The terrorists are hoping

The terrorists are hoping that he fails. I always pull for the home team. HELLO! HELLO!

jack234
jack234 07/22/09 - 10:20 pm
President Obama has kept us

President Obama has kept us safe during his watch. We had three attacks under GW"S watch. HELLO! HELLO!

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 07/22/09 - 10:23 pm
I'd like to thank Obama for

I'd like to thank Obama for exposing all of the Dems that don't buy into his health care takeover as Repubs. And I'd like to thank him for telling me that all bluedog Dems are using scare tactics to stop his socialization of health care. And I'd especially like to thank him for saying those Dems that are asking him to adhere to the transparency he promised before a bill is passed are just mean ole obstructionists. What a wonderful speech. Does anyone have any idea what he was saying? This genius messiah can't be voted out soon enough. America will breath a sigh of relief when this horrible experiment is over.

concernednative
concernednative 07/22/09 - 10:29 pm
America be proud of President

America be proud of President Obama.

jackfruitpaper833
jackfruitpaper833 07/22/09 - 10:33 pm
so many local angry white

so many local angry white people

concernednative
concernednative 07/22/09 - 10:36 pm
bes? Is that some kind of

bes? Is that some kind of joke about ebonics are something. That is a statement I was making.

Pu239
Pu239 07/22/09 - 10:40 pm
Reading this tripe is so much

Reading this tripe is so much like a train wreck....Good night and good ridance!

concernednative
concernednative 07/22/09 - 10:41 pm
I am glad everyone is finally

I am glad everyone is finally coming out with the full fledge racism now. So at least it is obvious why none of you are rational in your criticism of Obama. Good night all.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 07/22/09 - 10:46 pm
fruit, are you going to let

fruit, are you going to let concernednative talk about you like that?

jack234
jack234 07/22/09 - 10:55 pm
They must really be bitter.

They must really be bitter. Openly racists statements by PT is something new. He should be bitter without the racists statements. I don't remember any racists statements about GW ever. HELLO! HELLO!

jack234
jack234 07/22/09 - 10:58 pm
PT had two comments removed.

PT had two comments removed. That is unusual. PT you need to get a grip. Don't lose the respect that you have from others. Take a deep breath and go to bed and think about what you have posted today. This is not the PT I know. HELLO! HELLO!

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 07/22/09 - 11:00 pm
I see we have an ethnic

I see we have an ethnic webmaster tonight. Who knew?

Ashtray
Ashtray 07/23/09 - 02:56 am
My stupid arss bother in law

My stupid arss bother in law said the other day. He would vote again for Obama. He said he is better that the last 8 years we've had. For me what has happened in the last 8 years, I made more money than ever in my life. Not in investments and the stock markets, but in working. So for this year I'm in line to make what I made in 1998. I'll be in bankrupt by next year if things don't chnage soon. Thanks Obama you've made life.............. Now I'm reminded why I've never voted Dumocrat.

concernednative
concernednative 07/23/09 - 07:41 am
You notice caretaker didn't

You notice caretaker didn't mention one policy Obama has that has changed his life so dramatically.

Ashtray
Ashtray 07/23/09 - 10:38 pm
I didn't have to, just look

I didn't have to, just look around as your rights are slowly being taken away from you. If we can't figure it out on our own the government sure aint about to. Sometimes you have to think for yourself. All you need to do is take responcibilty for yourself and quit looking for solution from our government.

Ashtray
Ashtray 07/23/09 - 10:40 pm
Why should we be proud.

Why should we be proud. Becaue we have a President with a silver tongue.

Former commissioner's case remains under review

While former Augusta commissioner Donnie Smith's statements to Georgia State Patrol investigators likely can't be used against him, the state Office of the Inspector General continues to conduct ...