We don't need this kind of change

The people said "We want change" and "We will vote ourselves a new leader," his name being Obama.

What the people did not see is that we have been having change since Franklin Roosevelt. The change has been minute over the years until Lyndon Johnson revived Herbert Hoover's "chicken in every pot."

If there is one thing I have learned in 73 years, it is that you will not get something for nothing; sooner or later you will pay for it, in some way. We started on our downslide with FDR, but it was at such a slow pace we did not notice. Every year we would lose a little more of our freedom to our government and special interests.

As the years progressed we lived in a state of apathy, then along came LBJ and the "chicken in every pot" paid for by the taxpayer; you got a chicken whether you contributed or not. During the next few years the government and special interests (crooks) decided they wanted more power and control over the people, so they introduced the people to pork -- and as the saying goes, the rest is history.

We now have a president who is bent on destroying this once-great country. We have a chance in 2010 to try to put this nation back on the track to God, country and man. Just remember when you look in the mirror every morning you are looking at part of the problem or part of the solution. Which will you be? ...

I do not know about you, but I have had about all the change I want.

Harry Gilmore Jr.

Lincolnton

jackfruitpaper833
jackfruitpaper833 07/22/09 - 02:32 pm
Somebody please help vascar,

Somebody please help vascar, he/she is under the impression that no russian politician wanted to shake Obama's hand during his visit, when clearly you can see Obama was introducing US politicians to the russian president one by one with an open palm extended to the person in front of him at the time of introduction LOL. I know all you die hard conservatives can agree to that.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/22/09 - 02:32 pm
guv'mint controlled high

guv'mint controlled high priced health care. Stop and think about just what this is going to cost a country that has added more debt (debt to China) in just 6 months and plans for more debt. When do libs realize enough is enough and that this debt can't be sustained. Try to get a grip on reality.

jackfruitpaper833
jackfruitpaper833 07/22/09 - 02:34 pm
Hey vascar go look at it

Hey vascar go look at it here, over and over and over and over LOL. Tell me what you think afterwards.

vascar
vascar 07/22/09 - 02:34 pm
Tech lover still deosn't

Tech lover still deosn't understand the wording on page 16--a pity!

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/22/09 - 02:35 pm
When they say something that

When they say something that is on record, I will post it. prezbho said it. Sorry you don't like it but that's too bad.

vascar
vascar 07/22/09 - 02:36 pm
Well fruit, I've been in many

Well fruit, I've been in many a receiving line and all parties shook hands. Looks to me like he is being ignored. Can you name one american dignitary in the line? By the way, the announcer didn't say he was introducing dignataries. Sure looked like he was getting ignored to me!

sunnyday
sunnyday 07/22/09 - 02:39 pm
To AAQueen, quoting

To AAQueen, quoting TechLover: "sunnyday: Those that disagree with the President's policies arent automatically racists."

Thanks TechLover. Like I said before, if I had agreed with what Obama was campaigning about, I would have voted for him regardless of his race.

vascar
vascar 07/22/09 - 02:46 pm
I would be willing to bet

I would be willing to bet that on purely a percentage basis, blacks are the most ethnic racist group in the US!

LolaJean
LolaJean 07/22/09 - 02:59 pm
I see Fruitcake never

I see Fruitcake never answered your question INChristLove. *Shrugs* Like many other real racists who call others racist without evidence, Fruitbasket moves to someone else or changes the topic when backed into a corner.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 07/22/09 - 03:02 pm
Converted Southerner, get

Converted Southerner, get over it. Man, you are so pathetic. Find something more important to do with your time.Vacar, folks like you are just on here for the race issues.I can count those making racial comments and it would be too obvious who the real racist are.Do the math yourself.

AAQueen
AAQueen 07/22/09 - 03:02 pm
lunny day I have no idea what

lunny day I have no idea what you are talking about. I am probaly the happiest, most content person on here. I can care less if you voted for President obama so stop your whining.
Carcraft
who pays the government. It is a govt health bill. LOL

Time to go home. Ya'll have a good evening. Conf tomorrow so I'll tag yall Friday.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 07/22/09 - 03:05 pm
vascar, it had to happen,

vascar, it had to happen, fruit is finally right about something. Obama is introducing a number of people to dignitaries and each time he presents them with a hand motion. From the angle of the camera it looks as though he's being ignored, but from all of the other angles shown on tv it's obvious he's just being the head prezbo in charge and carrying out a social duty.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 07/22/09 - 03:14 pm
ICL, it's probably because of

ICL, it's probably because of your overwhelming history and your continued racist rhetoric. Can you tell me why blacks with college degrees, are twice as likely to be unemployed as whites?Can you tell me, why blacks with the same health insurance, can't get the same treatment as whites?Why did those in Richmond County seek to remove the first black Mayor, the first black fire chief, the first black school Superintendant, the first black city engineer, the first black Senate Majority leader and have such obvious hate for the first black president?Maybe, we shouldn't believe our lying eyes.We don't have to mention slavery, racism is still thriving.

vascar
vascar 07/22/09 - 03:17 pm
You are right rcr--do the

You are right rcr--do the math on the racist--you can do that, can you not?

vascar
vascar 07/22/09 - 03:18 pm
PT, I will take your word for

PT, I will take your word for it. i only saw one video angle and it sure appeared he was being ignored. My apologies on that Fruit!

LolaJean
LolaJean 07/22/09 - 03:20 pm
The first black mayor of

The first black mayor of Augusta accepted a bribe from an undercover federal agent for rezoning of the neighborhood, Waters Edge. Thats why he was booted out of office and into the slammer. It had nothing to do with race, RCR. By most accounts, he was a pretty good mayor until his greed set in.

vascar
vascar 07/22/09 - 03:31 pm
RCR, would it be because they

RCR, would it be because they were all either crooks or incompetent? Black mayor and senate both crooks, fire chief engineer and and super incompetent and shady dealings. Now show proof of blacks with college degrees being twice as likely as whites to be unemployed and where blacks with insurance get less care than whites. Easy to throw out crap that you can't back up, isn't it?

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 07/22/09 - 03:34 pm
Vacar, folks like you are

Vacar, folks like you are just smallminded bigots on here to back your pals.Lola, I'm glad to see you're such a fan of my post, that you have to respond whether I'm here or not.I don't care about your reasoning, the post speaks for itself.We know they set Mr. McIntyre up, because wanted to remove the first black mayor and continually disrespect the black community.And you wonder why they don't trust you?Pulleeze!!!

BabyCanYouDigYourMan
BabyCanYouDigYourMan 07/22/09 - 03:40 pm
I can prove your faith in

I can prove your faith in Obama is sadly misplaced: he smokes Marlboro Reds. Everyone knows only angry white men smokes Reds. You have been duped bro! Put that in your blunt & smoke it!

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 07/22/09 - 03:41 pm
Vacar, you're either dumb or

Vacar, you're either dumb or a racist, probably both. You can't possibly believe that. The one trait the folks had in common, is they where black and firsts.Say what you want, but the truth is the truth.Just check the Commerce Dept and any insurance industry stats. I got mine from Black Enterprise,via the Commerce Dept.Check it out.

vascar
vascar 07/22/09 - 03:42 pm
rcr, you didn't answer the

rcr, you didn't answer the questions and by the way, are you a racist?

BabyCanYouDigYourMan
BabyCanYouDigYourMan 07/22/09 - 03:45 pm
Since it is fact more white

Since it is fact more white males have lost jobs in the current recession than any other demographic, can they not claim racial victimization?

SusieQ
SusieQ 07/22/09 - 03:46 pm
I have been unable to pull up

I have been unable to pull up the video on the shaking hands of Obama. It comes up blank everytime. Anyone have any suggestions, I am one of them old folks on the computer, maybe I'm doing something wrong!! SusieQ

vascar
vascar 07/22/09 - 03:48 pm
gimme a link rcr! So you

gimme a link rcr! So you don't think McIntyre and Walker were crooks????

carcraft
carcraft 07/22/09 - 03:50 pm
AAQueen on Wed Jul 22, 2009

AAQueen on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:02 PM Huh! to quote lil Barack Obumbler, the tax payers do, but there isn't enough money in the treasury to pay the bill, according to the Congressional Budget Office this program is going to bankrupt America because it INCREASES the cost of health care! LOL your self when your taxes go through the roof or inflation is out of control because the government is printing money to pay for Obumbler's program..

BabyCanYouDigYourMan
BabyCanYouDigYourMan 07/22/09 - 03:51 pm
Susie: it is nothing you are

Susie: it is nothing you are doing wrong. It is a result of recent law passed requiring truth in internet. Since all Obama has done thus far is useless, so now any video portraying him must be useless also.

vascar
vascar 07/22/09 - 03:54 pm
Car. the ones for it don't

Car. the ones for it don't pay taxes in the first place--you haven't got that yet!

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 07/22/09 - 03:59 pm
Well Vacar, I have to go make

Well Vacar, I have to go make some money.I just stopped in to chat. I hope learned something.Just use your Google. I gave you my source.Later!!!

HotFoot
HotFoot 07/22/09 - 03:59 pm
TechLover, I made the exact

TechLover, I made the exact same point to ol' convert earlier in the day and he chose to ignore it and continue to promulgate his distortions (I'm talking about the public option and the fact that the President and Congress are already covered and hence have no need for a new insurance plan). Most of the most rabid, paranoid, racist (yes, racist) posters here are completely impervious to reason. I guess by definition, huh...

BabyCanYouDigYourMan
BabyCanYouDigYourMan 07/22/09 - 04:01 pm
Why is it a person can say

Why is it a person can say blacks are more spiritual than other races (fact) without repercussion yet when you point out a negative fact about blacks (high incarceration percentage) it's racism?