We don't need this kind of change

The people said "We want change" and "We will vote ourselves a new leader," his name being Obama.

What the people did not see is that we have been having change since Franklin Roosevelt. The change has been minute over the years until Lyndon Johnson revived Herbert Hoover's "chicken in every pot."

If there is one thing I have learned in 73 years, it is that you will not get something for nothing; sooner or later you will pay for it, in some way. We started on our downslide with FDR, but it was at such a slow pace we did not notice. Every year we would lose a little more of our freedom to our government and special interests.

As the years progressed we lived in a state of apathy, then along came LBJ and the "chicken in every pot" paid for by the taxpayer; you got a chicken whether you contributed or not. During the next few years the government and special interests (crooks) decided they wanted more power and control over the people, so they introduced the people to pork -- and as the saying goes, the rest is history.

We now have a president who is bent on destroying this once-great country. We have a chance in 2010 to try to put this nation back on the track to God, country and man. Just remember when you look in the mirror every morning you are looking at part of the problem or part of the solution. Which will you be? ...

I do not know about you, but I have had about all the change I want.

Harry Gilmore Jr.

Lincolnton

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/22/09 - 01:46 pm
Then jackfruitpaper, all I

Then jackfruitpaper, all I can say is you need to change the TV station, tune into another radio station, and do some more internet research. Not every one here opposed to Obama is an angry white person. Maybe you don't feel so good because what you think is fact, is not really fact, just your preception. Either way, My God is a big God and in control..so I guess we'll see what happens.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/22/09 - 01:46 pm
Why did an incompetent

Why did an incompetent Chicago thug agitator, quit as IL state Senator, US Senator of 143 days (voted present and a quitter), racist, stated 'my muslim faith', cocaine user, friend of racist-terrorists-felons-etc., and on and on and on win the last election? There are some reasons that are obvious but others that make you wonder how someone like this could win. I guess that promise to make their house payment, put gas in their cars, spread that wealth and put food on their tables probably had a lot to do with why he won.

carcraft
carcraft 07/22/09 - 01:49 pm
convertedsoutherner on Wed

convertedsoutherner on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:30 PM Not only did he pay Palau 200 million to take them but the prisoners ARE REFUSING TO GO and Palaua is shaking us down for more money!!BWAAAAHAHAHAHA That is why I call Obama Obumbler what a clown, trides up to the podium with his arrogance and he doesn't realize what a buffoon he is.. Gives the queen an ipod with his speaches on it...openly oogles a 17 year old girls rear end while Sarkozy laughts, runs around Europe asking people to take Git MO prisoners, France take one LOL Obumbler makes grand statements and signs papers then get the facts and realizes he can't achieve his goal so he changes the distance to the goal post...BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

vascar
vascar 07/22/09 - 01:49 pm
Niko, except for blacks, the

Niko, except for blacks, the win by obamaliar was not so much an endorsement of him but a dislike for W enhanced by the left wing media! A monkey could have won against McCain in 2008!

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 07/22/09 - 01:50 pm
ICL, I understand that a

ICL, I understand that a small percentage of people voted for Obama for that reason, but I did not consider his skin color as a positive feature and a reason to vote for him. In fact, I knew that skin color would play a definite part in some people not voting for him or even being nonsupportive once he was elected. My own dear Mother feels exactly that way. But I still love my Mom.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 07/22/09 - 01:55 pm
Do you have to be a racist to

Do you have to be a racist to post here or will any old opinion do?

vascar
vascar 07/22/09 - 01:56 pm
converted, the best video

converted, the best video I've seen of obamaliar was him going through the russian receiving line and not one, not one Russian dignitary would shake his outstretched hand. All ignored him and reached past him to shake the hand of the Russian prezbo!

jackfruitpaper833
jackfruitpaper833 07/22/09 - 01:58 pm
Well inchristlove maybe you

Well inchristlove maybe you need to tune into some of these tv, and radio stations other than your norm. And I think if he had been elected McCain probably would have ran the country as good as any president.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/22/09 - 02:00 pm
He accomplished nothing in

He accomplished nothing in his overseas apologist trips other than to give them something to laugh about.

vascar
vascar 07/22/09 - 02:01 pm
Really?

Really?

vascar
vascar 07/22/09 - 02:02 pm
Now

Now

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/22/09 - 02:02 pm
All racists are obviously

All racists are obviously welcome.

jackfruitpaper833
jackfruitpaper833 07/22/09 - 02:03 pm
vascar you need to go back

vascar you need to go back and see that again, OBAMA was introducing US dignitaries to the Russian president LOL. GO BACK and relook at what you think you saw. At each instance Obama stretched his hand to the man in front of him with an open palm, after that the russian president shook the American dignitary hand LOL... OMG nutcases.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/22/09 - 02:04 pm
I've worked closely with

I've worked closely with insurance companies for 30 yrs and yes I have knowledge as to how they work so I'm not just spinning words to make my posts. Read and understand because it sounds like most of the libs that are defending this horrible prezbho health care tax - have absolutely no idea as to what they are talking about. A mind is a terrible thing to waste. So use it to study and understand what is being spun and pushed at the public. Most have no idea as to what is in the plan but will defend it (as they do prezbho). prezbho even says he hasn't read the plan. He has NO clue. He is so totally clueless but shows well so they put him out there to BS the people.

jackfruitpaper833
jackfruitpaper833 07/22/09 - 02:05 pm
convertedsoutherner you and

convertedsoutherner you and your conservative talking points "apologist" LOL *SIGHS*

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/22/09 - 02:08 pm
So what's not true - FRUIT?

So what's not true - FRUIT?

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/22/09 - 02:09 pm
prezbho likes the title and

prezbho likes the title and the campaign but is totally clueless about doing the job. His ego and arrogance makes him believe that no matter what he does, everyone should love him. He hasn't been told NO along the way. He intimidated and attacked his opponents and won office. He's been the front man for the likes of ayers and rambo who declares 'you never let a good crisis go to waste'. So they have made everything a crisis with their doom, gloom and threats to intimidate and get what they want. It's gonna be interesting. Hang on because it's going to be one heck of a ride.

jackfruitpaper833
jackfruitpaper833 07/22/09 - 02:10 pm
What vascar just said LOL

What vascar just said LOL about none of the russians shook President Obama's hand LOL... OMG

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/22/09 - 02:11 pm
You addressed me. So what's

You addressed me. So what's not true? Try reading and comprehension.

jackfruitpaper833
jackfruitpaper833 07/22/09 - 02:12 pm
LOL convertedsoutherner now

LOL convertedsoutherner now you sound like who was that talking about he's never been told NO, one of those republicans was it Dimint? you have added yet another talking point LOL.

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/22/09 - 02:14 pm
jackfruitpaper, I will have

jackfruitpaper, I will have to agree with you that McCain probably would have run this country as well as any other president and I'm sure that he would have made some decisions that would not have been approved by everyone. So why is it that when people disagree with our current Presiden't's policies and the direction they feel he is taking this country they are called angry white men or racist, but if McCain was president and people disagreed the racial issue would never be brought up.????

vascar
vascar 07/22/09 - 02:14 pm
fruitcake, what were you

fruitcake, what were you drinking, wrong!!!

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/22/09 - 02:14 pm
Look back on my previous

Look back on my previous posts and you will notice I stated that about a week ago. So get a grip and spin something else. Your posts show your lack of understanding. Now you lost any credibility you might have ever had. Go find another spin you can use cuz you wore this one out.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/22/09 - 02:17 pm
Again. What is false about

Again. What is false about my posts?

SusieQ
SusieQ 07/22/09 - 02:17 pm
People wake up! 2 Chronicles

People wake up! 2 Chronicles 7:14 reads-- If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. SusieQ

TechLover
TechLover 07/22/09 - 02:22 pm
sunnyday: Those that disagree

sunnyday: Those that disagree with the President's policies arent automatically racists. Those that throw in phrases like "mulatto Muslim" and "mammy in law" fit the bill. converted: the health care reform plan is for people who don't have insurance. The groups you mentioned already have isurance coverage, as do most Americans, so naturally they need not participate. For someone who throws the word "facts" around so much, you sure are light on them. If you currently have health insurance, great, don't participate in the new plan. If you ever get laid off or lose your job and benefits due to illness, you might consider it a blessing.

IMRIGHTYOUREWRONG
IMRIGHTYOUREWRONG 07/22/09 - 02:22 pm
The reason people who

The reason people who criticize President Obama are frequently called racists is because they generally are racist. If someone would come out and complain based on policy without a racial utterance then their complaints would go a lot further. But all validity in an argument is lost when you reduce yourself to name calling. As for Mr. Gilmore, his sheer lack of reference to the 20th Centuries most notable events destroys the validity in any argument he chooses to make. He is simply restating history as he chooses to remember it.

jackfruitpaper833
jackfruitpaper833 07/22/09 - 02:27 pm
LOL vascar go BACK and look

LOL vascar go BACK and look at it again, Obama was introducing US politicians to the Russian president, I guess your eyes want you to see otherwise LOL. http://www.breitbart.tv/did-russian-leaders-snub-obama-by-refusing-to-sh...

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/22/09 - 02:28 pm
Read and understand. I

Read and understand. I worked with insurance for 30 yrs and I'm not sure but probably have more experience than you. There will eventually be no private insurance. prezbho is increasing guv'mint employees who will opt out of their private insurance, plus those changing jobs and those that don't have ins now and on and on. Tell me what has been false about the facts I have given?

TechLover
TechLover 07/22/09 - 02:31 pm
converted, vascar, and car:

converted, vascar, and car: If you want to make logical discussions about policy fine, When you come up with all the BS, ie "oogling" and the "muslim faith" crap, you lose what little credibilty you have.

Daniel Field removes trees, lights structures in airspace

Daniel Field, managed by operations company Augusta Aviation, has spent more than $30,000 conducting land surveys, removing 30 trees and installing red blinking lights on top of the Newman Tennis ...