We don't need this kind of change

The people said "We want change" and "We will vote ourselves a new leader," his name being Obama.

What the people did not see is that we have been having change since Franklin Roosevelt. The change has been minute over the years until Lyndon Johnson revived Herbert Hoover's "chicken in every pot."

If there is one thing I have learned in 73 years, it is that you will not get something for nothing; sooner or later you will pay for it, in some way. We started on our downslide with FDR, but it was at such a slow pace we did not notice. Every year we would lose a little more of our freedom to our government and special interests.

As the years progressed we lived in a state of apathy, then along came LBJ and the "chicken in every pot" paid for by the taxpayer; you got a chicken whether you contributed or not. During the next few years the government and special interests (crooks) decided they wanted more power and control over the people, so they introduced the people to pork -- and as the saying goes, the rest is history.

We now have a president who is bent on destroying this once-great country. We have a chance in 2010 to try to put this nation back on the track to God, country and man. Just remember when you look in the mirror every morning you are looking at part of the problem or part of the solution. Which will you be? ...

I do not know about you, but I have had about all the change I want.

Harry Gilmore Jr.

Lincolnton

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/22/09 - 12:59 pm
prezbho can't even get his

prezbho can't even get his own party to vote for this horrible plan so they have delayed the vote. The arrogant ego prezbho isn't use to be being told NO. Remember when someone disagreed with the ballerina/enforcer, rambo; he wrapped a dead fish in newspaper and sent it to them. The Chicago thugs will start working overtime. This is gonna get interesting.

jackfruitpaper833
jackfruitpaper833 07/22/09 - 01:00 pm
All these angry conservatives

All these angry conservatives (I left out white) LOL... only think that because a democrat is in the white house, did you think that last year convertedsoutherner. I'm glad change is here, (even though I voted for Bush twice). Come up with something original of your own.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/22/09 - 01:04 pm
prezbho and his band of

prezbho and his band of crooks are out spreading their usual gloom/doom and crisis rhetoric to get the horrible prezbho health care plan passed. How many illegals will be insured under the prezbho health care plan? How many businesses will be hurt by prezbhos' plan? Why do approx 85 to 90% that have good health care have to change their health care to the horrible prezbho plan for 10 to 15% (many that choose to have no health ins)? Why do people from other countries come to the US for our excellent health care? How much of our health care will be rationed and how about the care of the senior citizens? Why do libs think it is a good idea to destroy medicaid/medicare/prescription plan and now give us another trojan horse in this horrible prezbho health care? Why oh Why???

concernednative
concernednative 07/22/09 - 01:07 pm
What president Obama has done

What president Obama has done good. Get combat troops out of Baghdad and set a time line for them to be out of Iraq. Sent additional troops to Aghanastan which is were Al-quada and the perpertrators of 9-11 reside and came from. Renew diplomacy with the world and stopped torture. Addressed the fact that we spend entirely too much on healthcare to have 47 million + uninsured and started a debate that will end with improvements and new legislation. That will certainly be better than the status quo. Signed Lilly Ledbetter act for equal pay for men and women. Credit card act and foreclure prevention act. Extended SCHIP. Ethics reform including ban on lobbyists gift. Reversal of Bush's ban on embryionic stem cell research. There is more and most importantly prevent Sarah Palin from being within a hearbeat of the Presidency.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/22/09 - 01:14 pm
I've looked back at the posts

I've looked back at the posts and if you notice, most of the posts by the obvious libs - are attacking anyone that disagrees with the plans/policies of prezbho and clan. They still give absolutely NO facts or information regarding what prezbho has done/or will to help them or our great country. All they've done is to give us the same-0 rhetoric with absolutely NO substance. Looks like they are only able to attack anything/anyone that disagrees. Must be difficult to be a lib...

Fresh_Cope
Fresh_Cope 07/22/09 - 01:15 pm
CS- The only thing I will

CS- The only thing I will disagree with you on in your 1:04 post, is the number of people that come to the US for our excellent healthcare. I think that is different/seperate from the health care plan for America. Do they really come here to cure the sniffles, i doubt, most of the foreign nationals that we hear about coming over is usually for some type of specialized care, becuase we have the best doctors and medical training in the world,a long with the technology that goes along with that.

CN-of the 47 million uninsured, how many can afford healthcare but elect not have it, that number is pretty high.

carcraft
carcraft 07/22/09 - 01:18 pm
corgimom on Wed Jul 22, 2009

corgimom on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:20 AM I have no idea what you are talking about. I have disablity insurance through work...concernednative on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:14 AM You have no right to social security payments, the supreme court ruled it is a tax and any benefits you get are simply the largess of the government! Social Security is broke due to the Democrates putting social security funds into the general fund... Look at the broken promises of social security, the add on safty nets like survivor benefits, SS was never designed for these things... Now after looking at what has happened to SS how do you think that a national health care plan will work...Still waiting for AA to tell me how we will pay for this program from Obumbler

carcraft
carcraft 07/22/09 - 01:25 pm
concernednative on Wed Jul

concernednative on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:07 My son, recently sent to the out skirts of Bagdad is happy they are out of Bagdad BWAAAAA (because they aren't), Stopped torture, Obama has kept the policy of redition in place (you know the one Holder instituted with Clinton to send prisoners to places where they can be tortured). Obumbler's reversal of embryonic stemcell research is a joke because the real progress is being made with ADULT stem cells partly because of Bush's restrictions... Obumbler is such an arogant clown..

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/22/09 - 01:26 pm
What does a timeline mean

What does a timeline mean when it's another empty promise that hasn't been completed... More deaths in Afghanistan but don't get a daily report, like we did in Iraq... Apologized for the arrogance (got nothing of substance) of the US to our enemies... 47million figure inaccurate and get different figure daily and also includes illegals (incl prezbho aunt) and people that choose to have NO ins... ledbetter act is a litigious attys dream... credit card act hasn't taken effec and many have increased their rates... ask those that have had foreclosures how they like that act... how about those that weren't qualified in the first place. .. stem cell??? So we get the incompetent/teleprompter uh, uh, prezbho; plagerist/GAFFE machine biden; ballerina/enforcer rambo; tax cheats; racists; socialists; crooks; liars; lobbyists (won't have any); 30+ czars (to do prezbho's job) and on and on and on. Oh yea, and all you can be concerned with is Sara.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/22/09 - 01:30 pm
Oh and we must remember

Oh and we must remember Gitmo. He's going to close GITMO but has changed his promises several times. How about those that he sent to Bermuda? In that situation, guess we wish we had been in GITMO. Paid Palau millions to take 16 or so prisoners. Wants enemies to get marandized. Yea and you're concerned about Sara.

concernednative
concernednative 07/22/09 - 01:36 pm
convertedsoutherner, I never

convertedsoutherner, I never said he was perfect. You asked what he had done in just six months. Carcraft, calling him an arrogant clown doesn't change the facts I posted. I said Baghdad not Iraq. Sorry your son is there but obviously Barack Obama was against the war from the beginning so he is gradually getting them out there. He certainly isn't the reason we are in Iraq. He is however trying to get us out in a responsible manner.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/22/09 - 01:47 pm
I don't think I gave a number

I don't think I gave a number for the people that come to this country for our health care.

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/22/09 - 01:51 pm
jackfruitpaper, I think you

jackfruitpaper, I think you have been dipping in the fruit paper too long. How in the world did you get the idea that if someone in my church voted for Obama that I considered them not saved? I never mentioned anything even remotely like this. You are way out there man!! I couldn't even understand most of your 12:54pm post.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/22/09 - 02:00 pm
I just gave comments to what

I just gave comments to what you said prezbho has done. In that same line, doesn't look like what he did was so good for our country. When you make decisions for the country, you can't guess as to what will happen. We've had the promises as to what SS would cost and the figure was wrong; medicaid and the figure was wrong; medicare and that figure was wrong; prescription drug plan and that figure was wrong. Now prezbho (who by the way said he hasn't read the health care bill) tells us what that will cost and we're suppose to believe that? Look at the IRS and how it will have to grow to handle those that do or don't have insurance. Look at the promise of more guv'mint jobs and all that does is put more people under the prezbho guv'mint health care. And you think that private insurance companies will be able to continue in business and you'll be able to maintain that private ins? Think again...

concernednative
concernednative 07/22/09 - 02:09 pm
Yes, I if a person believe

Yes, I if a person believe that the govt is as inefficient as you believe of course private insurance will thrive. All one needs to do is look at the postal service versus UPS and FedEx. The government has an option and private industry has an option.

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 07/22/09 - 02:09 pm
Converted, so you did not

Converted, so you did not ever believe that we needed change in this country in 2000-2008? Sure times are tough now; but the poop did not hit the fan in the last 6 months. It was stored up and flung in the air long before this. A prolonged war with tax cuts, come on? Forget the fact that going into Iraq was stupid. Afghanistan should have been cleared up in 2004, and if it were maybe even I would have voted for W then. But just take the point of going to war and cutting taxes at the same time. My God, how can anyone agree with such stupidity. Well we shall see about how things change in 2010. Frankly, I don't think we'll see much but you can always hope for the change that You can believe in. I certainly did in 2008, and I got my wish. Enjoy watching the President tonight on the Tube.

LastAviator
LastAviator 07/22/09 - 02:12 pm
"The people who always want

"The people who always want something for nothing will have to, sooner or later, pay for it". WRONG! The people who want something for nothing will always want something for nothing and will get it. They feel entitled to it. That is what they are taught as children. Change that and the world will be a better place.

jackfruitpaper833
jackfruitpaper833 07/22/09 - 02:12 pm
This is what you said

This is what you said inchristlove: What should happen if God starts changing peoples hearts and opening their eyes to the destruction our President is leading this country? What should become of you if your precious President isn't so precious anymore? It sounds like you praying against the man, what about those like me and others who's praying for the man? Your prayer and my prayer are waring against each other, do you think God will honor your prayer and not mine and vice versa. When God changes peoples heart he changes their mind, once they are saved he then can begin to mold them into what he wants if they allow him to. George Bush was precious IMO so what are you saying, I voted for him twice he was my president like yours. So again you can skirt all around it, white people are losing their minds.

vascar
vascar 07/22/09 - 02:18 pm
I see all the blacks are hot

I see all the blacks are hot on the racist button again today---sorry bloods, the button is disconnected

vascar
vascar 07/22/09 - 02:18 pm
Page 16 concerned

Page 16 concerned native---try reading it!

jackfruitpaper833
jackfruitpaper833 07/22/09 - 02:19 pm
And nothing inchrislove

And nothing inchrislove nothing, I'm going to keep living if Obama isn't precious, what are you going to do when he's not so precious?

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 07/22/09 - 02:22 pm
Quit with the Gitmo routine

Quit with the Gitmo routine too. It's getting real old. One thing you can say for Obama is that he is not afraid to change his mind when presented with some facts that make him rethink an issue. W could never and would never do that! That's why Iraq is a mini-Vietnam. And why can't these Muslim prisoners be transferred to Leavenworth or another maximum security prison on our US soil? Who in Kansas is really scared of these guys? I could close Gitmo if other prisons would accept these Al Queda losers. Cmon, this is so simple. Close Gitmo and move these guys to US Maximum Security prisons.

vascar
vascar 07/22/09 - 02:22 pm
concerned, re your 1:07, are

concerned, re your 1:07, are you really that stupid??? To believe prezbo has done all you say??? the Iraq timeline was in place befoe Jan 20th. Renewed diplomacy, how? By bowing and kissing Abdulla's hand?? Yes, I guess you are that stupid!

sunnyday
sunnyday 07/22/09 - 02:25 pm
AAQueen, your words don't

AAQueen, your words don't hurt me. In fact, your words prove my point. You are angry at me because I chose not to vote for Obama. I chose not to vote for him because I didn't know anything about him, other than he was preaching "change". Well, that wasn't enough for me. If he stood for what I believe in, I would have voted for him because, unlike you, I do not see race...I see the person. When this country is destroyed I hope that you're happy with the "change". There are a lot of people out there, white, black, whatever, who are not happy with your president. Again, thanks for proving my point. Sad that so much anger has to be thrown at folks just because we disagree with you. But good to know my point's been proven.

vascar
vascar 07/22/09 - 02:25 pm
niko, it has nothing to do

niko, it has nothing to do with changing his mind, it has all to do with flip flopping constantly like a fish out of water. minivietnam---hmm . Has obamaliar pulled us out? W? who is that? obamaliar is the prezbo now!

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/22/09 - 02:27 pm
You know if you really want

You know if you really want to go back. clinton should have been doing the job we hired him to do and not monica. He had how many chances to get bin laden??? And still you try to ignore the fact that the dims have had control for over 2 1/2 yrs. Like I said before; I wonder how many limp wristed questions prezbho will get tonight from the fawning crowd. Oh if we only had reporters instead of these wimps that want to make the news instead of reporting it. Your right when you say "how could anyone agree with such stupidity". We are all wondering how the sheeple can continue to be sheeple.

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 07/22/09 - 02:32 pm
It's quite easy. You believe

It's quite easy. You believe in what is right because you have already had an excellent look at what was done wrong. If that is not the case then why did a American War hero lose the last election by more than 7 million votes?

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/22/09 - 02:32 pm
jackfruitpaper, I have no

jackfruitpaper, I have no clue what you are praying for. My prayer is that God will speak to the President and place Godly men around him so that he makes wise Godly decisions. That he will lead this country in prosperity, not debt that we can not get out of. I don't see that in the decisions he's making. Truthfully I don't think he's asking for God's leadership. IMO he comes across as prideful and arrogant. You are right, when God changes man's heart he changes their mind also and that's what I'm hoping will happen to President Obama. And you can deny it all you want, white people are not the only ones loosing their minds.....continue making this a black/white issue if it makes you feel better.

jackfruitpaper833
jackfruitpaper833 07/22/09 - 02:40 pm
And there you go that's the

And there you go that's the prayer most true believers are praying and what you say and think about him I don't, we all have different views. And I'm not denying it all I see on TV, hear on radio, see online are ANGRY WHITE people just angry and have been since his election. The Homeland Security Report is evident everyday here with these local posters. Doesn't make me feel better it's a fact, so keep praying with me that God will heal the land

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/22/09 - 02:41 pm
An American War hero lost the

An American War hero lost the last election because this country was so enthralled with having our first Black president that they did not look beyond the fact that neither of these two men have the backbone to run this country. I truly think President Obama got caught up in the excitement of running for President and when he finally got into office and discovered the magnitude of running this country, I think he discovered he has bitten off more than he can chew. I will have to give the man credit, he appears to be trying to be a good President, but his judgement is immature and the decisions he's making (IMO) are heading this country down the wrong path.

Search of alleged dealer's home found drugs, firearms