We don't need this kind of change

The people said "We want change" and "We will vote ourselves a new leader," his name being Obama.

What the people did not see is that we have been having change since Franklin Roosevelt. The change has been minute over the years until Lyndon Johnson revived Herbert Hoover's "chicken in every pot."

If there is one thing I have learned in 73 years, it is that you will not get something for nothing; sooner or later you will pay for it, in some way. We started on our downslide with FDR, but it was at such a slow pace we did not notice. Every year we would lose a little more of our freedom to our government and special interests.

As the years progressed we lived in a state of apathy, then along came LBJ and the "chicken in every pot" paid for by the taxpayer; you got a chicken whether you contributed or not. During the next few years the government and special interests (crooks) decided they wanted more power and control over the people, so they introduced the people to pork -- and as the saying goes, the rest is history.

We now have a president who is bent on destroying this once-great country. We have a chance in 2010 to try to put this nation back on the track to God, country and man. Just remember when you look in the mirror every morning you are looking at part of the problem or part of the solution. Which will you be? ...

I do not know about you, but I have had about all the change I want.

Harry Gilmore Jr.

Lincolnton

jackfruitpaper833
jackfruitpaper833 07/22/09 - 09:50 am
As I drive up Route 66, GW

As I drive up Route 66, GW Parkway, down constitution ave, up and down 14th street, the Dulles toll road, I see so many white people with Obama/Biden stickers on their cars. When I drive downtown DC, there are so many tourist from all backgrounds of life. Augusta is stuck in a time warp.

concernednative
concernednative 07/22/09 - 09:50 am
Once again thank you hot

Once again thank you hot foot. It is just amazing the hate and lack of factual basis so many of these posters have. I mean I don't get it I hate to bring up race but the way they call him all the names and the racial overtones it has to play a factor. I mean one guy on hear blamed Obama for him having to pay social security and give his social to open a bank account. I mean racism makes you irrational and stuff like that and the birthers are irrational so it just stands to reason.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/22/09 - 09:55 am
The libs can't discuss the

The libs can't discuss the policies and plans of the incompetent/teleprompter, uh, uh, uh prezbho. They can't tell us about any of the great things he has done for our country so they continue the attacks on anyone that disagrees with his horrible plans/decisions and policies of this crooked admin and dim controlled congress. How about some facts for a change and not just the same-o rhetoric with no substance. Their continued tactics are to avoid, divert, and blame everyone else.

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/22/09 - 09:57 am
I'm not race-baiting Hot

I'm not race-baiting Hot Foot. If you agree with the President's policies, that's your right (but why you agree is beyond me). I'm just so sick and tired of hearing and being called a racist because I DON"T agree. What facts do you suggest I get straight. I didn't mention any on here. Only comment I made was about opposing the President's policies and being called a racist for it. Maybe you should re-read my post before jumping down my throat. Like I said it's the only defense they can come up with for why we would be disagree with the president's runnability of this country.

jackfruitpaper833
jackfruitpaper833 07/22/09 - 10:03 am
LOL inChristlove stating "but

LOL inChristlove stating "but why you agree is beyond me", Hot Foot and others and myself can say to you: Why you disagree is beyond us. And you can skirt around it continually, you know all you see are angry white/men and women throughout the land since he's been elected don't kid yourself. You should be praying asking God to change the hearts and minds of people and to come into their lives as their Lord and saviour.

HotFoot
HotFoot 07/22/09 - 10:05 am
ICL, the Carter distortion

ICL, the Carter distortion was someone else's.I didn't mean to suggest that you posted that. My post was in response to several people's earlier comments.

AAQueen
AAQueen 07/22/09 - 10:06 am
You all should have read

You all should have read 'some of these postings' so if you are offended then I can only say a hit dog will bark.

carcraft
carcraft 07/22/09 - 10:11 am
concernednative on Wed Jul

concernednative on Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:33 AM I've paid into social security for 44 years..my benefits to date Zero...and I haven't been happpy about it since I started figuring this all out, about 1974...I see the Obumbler health care system just putting more regulations on me and more controls...If you don't think we've lost freedom tangle with the government when they condemn property for a right away, or the RPA..

concernednative
concernednative 07/22/09 - 10:14 am
carcraft, But just like all

carcraft, But just like all Americans unless you becomed disabled you will get your benefits at age 65. I nor anyone I know have had freedoms taken away from them since Obama's presideny. If he has raised your taxes or taking your guns or something please share with us.

corgimom
corgimom 07/22/09 - 10:20 am
Carcraft, I hope you took me

Carcraft, I hope you took me seriously when I told you that there is no such thing as supplemental disability insurance, that it's prohibited by insurance regulations. Think about it. If such a product were legal, don't you think that reputable companies would sell it? I would hate for you to throw away your money on a scam.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/22/09 - 10:26 am
Sounds like that hit dog has

Sounds like that hit dog has been barking a lot but doesn't give any facts with that barking. Tell us why we should want to be part of a health care tax that prezbho, his admin, congress and unions are exempt from participating in. Tell us why we would want cap and trade tax that will raise prices unnecessarily. Tell us why we should want an insurance that will stop giving us other options when guv'mint insurance shuts private health industries out. Tell us why we should be happy about an admin that has 30+ czars to do the job of prezbho and his admin. Tell us why we should want prezbho taking charge of industries/private businesses. Until then your posts are just the same-o whining, complaining and rhetoric with no substance.

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/22/09 - 10:28 am
jackfruitpaper, you can

jackfruitpaper, you can continue to repeat the same old phrase all you want but that still doesn't make it true. No, I don't see a lot of angry white men/women....I see a lot of concerned people (of all racial background) about the direction this country is going and they are speaking out about it. I will give that, there are some people from all ethnic groups that speak racially on this forum, but it's not just one group. And AGAIN, your concern for my prayer life is touching but unnecessary. My walk with God may not be perfect but my prayer life is fine. Let me ask you a simple question. What should happen if God starts changing peoples hearts and opening their eyes to the destruction our President is leading this country? What should become of you if your precious President isn't so precious anymore?

LolaJean
LolaJean 07/22/09 - 11:04 am
He exposes himself daily as a

He exposes himself daily as a racist. A black man's actions cant just be judged by an outsider. Right Fruitbasket! That outsider is always racist.

AAQueen
AAQueen 07/22/09 - 11:52 am
You usually whine when you

You usually whine when you think you have a problem. I have no problem with our president. Sounds like that hit dog has been barking a lot but doesn't give any facts with that barking. Maybe if GWB had czars he wouldn't have been able to deny knowledge of all their wrong doings.
I can't fathom how you all think teh President is trying to take over the country. You rant about the same old thing over and over because the sore loser CONS in congress say so and like a parrot repeat after them. I'm glad that the CONS will post the health bill before signing so maybe you all can read ALL of it and makeup your OWN mind.

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 07/22/09 - 12:02 pm
Harry, for God's sake be more

Harry, for God's sake be more like your brother HAPPY Gilmore. Go golfing, have a bloody mary, go to a good movie and dinner at one of the finer CSRA restaurants. Quit moaning and complaining and being fearful of what's going to happen next and dreaming about the good old days! Embrace change! Embrace the platform of the democratic party. Unless you are filthy rich (like me) then you will not have to pay additional taxes. Years of tax cuts for rich folks like me has come back to haunt the GOP. Sonny Perdue and Zaxby Chamblis (the chicken hawks) are now furloughing state employees & teachers. So I am going to pay my fair democratic share of taxes (an increase for rich folks like me) so that you will not have to be fearful that the sky is falling and we are becoming a Socialist state. We do need to get more Social though (without the IST). Be cool & prosper!

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/22/09 - 12:04 pm
Try reading and

Try reading and understanding, it does wonders. Still no facts and still no answers. Still the whining and complaining about those you say are whining and complaining. Still can't tell us any policy/plan prezbho has done that is good for our country. Still can't tell us why we should want a health care policy that exempts union members, congress and the prezbho clan. Nothing new from the sheeple. All we hear from the prezbho sheeple is the same-o rhetoric with no substance.

HotFoot
HotFoot 07/22/09 - 12:13 pm
convert, it wouldn't matter

convert, it wouldn't matter what programs and policies I mention, because YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME. btw, Congress and the Executive branch are exempt from the current plan because they already have insurance provided by the government.

shamrock
shamrock 07/22/09 - 12:15 pm
By the time I got this far I

By the time I got this far I forgot what the article was about ...

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 07/22/09 - 12:30 pm
Still won't reply to the

Still won't reply to the likes of you, still have no desire to try and change your poisoned way of looking at life and the future. And Still Crazy after all these years! But still embracing the hope and change for the future! And cannot wait to watch and listen to my President tonight on TV. The Big O. the O-radicator, the Obaminator, the successor of the W and the GOP incompetence, the educated African American, YES!!!!!!

concernednative
concernednative 07/22/09 - 12:31 pm
Congress and the prez won't

Congress and the prez won't change insurance just like irs or homeland security employees won't change. Stop trying to make it what it isn't people that insurance won't have to change unless they choose.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/22/09 - 12:32 pm
Mad Max Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:49

Mad Max Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:49 AM. Very good comments made using Common Sense (not known to the LIBs). I would like to add to support this a little more..Just look at some of his educated voters when asked "how they felt about his running mate Shara Palin, they all said she was going to be a good VP.
This is the voting intelligence we have today.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/22/09 - 12:38 pm
My mind is poisoned? And

My mind is poisoned? And yours isn't? Reality sucks to be a lib, doesn't it? What limp wristed questions will your incompetent/teleprompter uh, uh, uh prezbho get from the fawning ones that will be asking the questions? prezbho is so educated, he thinks there are 57 states. And you wonder why the conservatives look at the entire picture instead of just sitting in that boiler room stating the same-o lib mantra over and over.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/22/09 - 12:42 pm
Typical dim response. What

Typical dim response. What has prezbho done to change things for the bettter for you? Doesn't matter if I don't agree with you. Just give us something that you can be proud of that he has done for the good of the country. Try. If this health care tax is so great for all the citizens, why isn't it as great for union members (why are they exempt), congress and the prezbho clan. Still no answers. Why is it so hard? How could anyone vote for someone that's done nothing good for the country? prezbho hasn't even read the plan. Must be difficult to be a lib...

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 07/22/09 - 12:43 pm
It's really tough to try and

It's really tough to try and convert one who is already converted, or contorted or even confused. But certainly envious because he is no longer as happy & contented as his good friend, the Niko Mahs!

Fresh_Cope
Fresh_Cope 07/22/09 - 12:51 pm
i think the letter write was

i think the letter write was right, when he said we do not need this kind of change. As an Obama supporter, I will honestly say this was not what I was expecting, I had higher expectations of him. The economy is still in the tank, however at this point Ol John's economy would not be any better. He would have been over shawdowed by Palin. I really do not think that there would be loads of cash falling from the sky right now with the republicans in control either. Obamas healthcare plan will not work. The healthcare system needs to be fixed, but a government run health system will end up in the toilet. For the record Obama is not the first president to use a teleprompter, at least he has a grasp of the English language, more than I can say for the last guy. We can balme Bush for destroying America all we want, but the sad truth is that he had plenty of help from republicans, democrats, and everyone else. Everyone had huge support for Bush at one time, when everything was great, the question will be how much support will Obama get IF, everything turns around for the better. and for both sides, the race card is getting old, who really cares what color he is.

jackfruitpaper833
jackfruitpaper833 07/22/09 - 12:54 pm
inChristLove surely you know

inChristLove surely you know when God saves a person he changes their mind, washes them with the blood of his son Jesus. Why is it destruction, it may be destruction to you but what about the others? why is it destruction to you and some others but to others it's what's needed in this day and age? Do you not see the For it and the not for it out there. God allows us to work out on our soul salvation. So are you saying those (maybe even in your church who voted for Obama) are not saved, what makes you right to say he's leading the country down a destructive path, what about the other presidents before him and those after him, did you think like that then NO. LOL at concerned men/women that's a riot if you think that, all that hate in those people eyes and mind, keep praying.

Fresh_Cope
Fresh_Cope 07/22/09 - 12:55 pm
If Hillary was elected

If Hillary was elected everyone that did not support her, would be a sexist. The bottom line is that EVERYONE in America is looking for our President to be a leader, and make the hard decisions on what is best for the country. Right now it does not look like our guy, is looking out for everyone.

Fresh_Cope
Fresh_Cope 07/22/09 - 12:56 pm
my apologies for any spelling

my apologies for any spelling or grammar errors

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 07/22/09 - 12:57 pm

Thank you for your concern about my life but I would imagine I'm happier and more content than most of the libs. I, along with most conservatives) happen to believe our country is headed in the wrong direction. I will HOPE that we start making CHANGE in 2010. That is a CHANGE we can believe in.

jackfruitpaper833
jackfruitpaper833 07/22/09 - 12:57 pm
convertedsoutherner it's

convertedsoutherner it's funny you still REPEAT every talking point DAILY from KKKanity, Drugbaugh, O'Reilly, Ingraham, Scarbrough, Buchanan, Liz Cheney, etc. EVERYTHING they say you say daily, I'm waiting on the next big word that group is going to use to see if you will add it to your talking points list.