Obama fiddles while the nation burns

President Obama's reign thus far reminds me of a story in ancient history in which Emperor Nero played a fiddle while Rome burned.

Obama smiles in front of the cameras on a daily basis as his policies unravel the fabric of the United States, sending us into oblivion. His lack of leadership capabilities in international affairs will make more enemies than friends. Between him and former President Carter, the terrorists have to think they have new allies in their quest to destroy the world.

Obama's continuous television airings, touring his ill-conceived ideas as to how the country should be run, destroys everything the United States has stood for since its inception. Government takeovers in the private sector are killing prosperity.

Instead of making decisions based on previous leadership experiences, Obama has to make up committees and appoint czars to study how to address any given issue. From my perspective, that's not leadership. If I were to psychoanalyze this guy, I would say that he delegates his responsibilities to others to cover his rear end so that no one can criticize him, all the while protecting his fragile ego and hiding his ineptness.

Further, prior to the elections, I wrote that there should be a new bill submitted to Congress making a job application for the presidency mandatory. Those running for that position should have leadership experience; education; have governed a state; and have been a CEO of a corporation, or run something other than their mouths.

It is clear to me that Obama is out of his depth; he lied his way into office, promising the world to all who would vote for him. What we got was a man on an on-the-job training program who fills positions of authority using Al Capone politics right out of Chicago.

As I watch Obama smile and mesmerize the masses with his persona, I wonder how many of his followers will be smiling when this country burns to the ground.

Gregory J. Topliff

Warrenville, S.C.

Craig Spinks
Craig Spinks 07/18/09 - 04:19 am
Must be a dearth of LsTTE.

Must be a dearth of LsTTE.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 07/18/09 - 06:00 am
I don't know, Mr Topliff. I

I don't know, Mr Topliff. I think I disagree with most of your conclusions. I think Mr Obama is a true Marxist and actually believes that a benevolent dictator is the best form of government. I think he actually believes the federal government can run a business better than the owners and that the federal government knows better how to spend your money than you do. I firmly believe Mr Obama feels that if you'd just relinquish all of your wealth to government management, you'd be allowed enough to live comfortably and the "less fortunate" would too. Everyone would know joy in the Utopian States. I don't think Mr Obama is evil, socialism and naivete just make him seem that way. May this horrible mistake end soon.

concernednative
concernednative 07/18/09 - 06:10 am
Mr. Obama is president of

Mr. Obama is president of the US for another 3 1/2 yrs to 7 1/2 years. That is what he is you can call him Marxist, Socialist, whatever other names Hannity gives you. I and people that respect the constitution call him Mr. President. He won an uncontroversial victory. So for the next 3 1/2 to 7 1/2 yrs say it with me President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 07/18/09 - 06:44 am
PT - if he really does

PT - if he really does believe that government can run a business better than anyone else he should be shown the Brothel the federal government owned in Nevada. They couldn't even keep the doors open selling alcohol and other basic services.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 07/18/09 - 06:45 am
Hey there's the naive guy

Hey there's the naive guy again. Hi concernednaive.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 07/18/09 - 06:54 am
Yes, overburdened, but so far

Yes, overburdened, but so far I haven't noticed Obama being that concerned with facts or history. I believe ideology is his driving force and Karl Marx is his mentor.

concernednative
concernednative 07/18/09 - 07:05 am
Say it with me ladies and

Say it with me ladies and gentlemen the President of the United States Barack Hussein Obama.

xanadu
xanadu 07/18/09 - 07:14 am
concernednative: registering

concernednative: registering dead people and convicted felons to pad the democratic vote is uncontroversial? producing a phonied up birth certificate in order is uncontroversial? its pretty sad that the best the democrats could come up with out of their party was this inexperienced, confused, america-hating nitwit. it's even sadder that there are people like you with little or no gray matter upstairs who choose to follow him blindly and scream foul when anyone dares to criticize him. and no, i will NOT call him President, no matter how many times you post it.

concernednative
concernednative 07/18/09 - 07:23 am
Aztech, I won't argue with

Aztech, I won't argue with conspiracy theorists. I do believe people register fake names, dead people, etc because they get paid to bring back names. But Elvis, Mickey Mouse, Daffy, etc certainly don't ever cast votes. And if any sane person believe a 19 yr old white woman in the 60's living in Hawaii with her parents got on a plane flew to Africa delivered a baby and flew back to Hawaii a day later and raised him is CRAZY.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 07/18/09 - 07:28 am
Barry Sotereo...Poster boy

Barry Sotereo...Poster boy for the swindler's list of charachters known as the Democratic Party. And the hits just keep on coming. When you're standing in the liquor store with a gun to get money to feed your family....the "I told you so." will be a moot point. I just hope the "Yes We Can" hopers and changers take first priority on the unemployment roles. Maybe they'll ask who YOU voted for at the unemployment office......good luck with that one, suckers...

concernednative
concernednative 07/18/09 - 07:28 am
Aztech, according to our

Aztech, according to our constitution he is president. So if you don't support the founding documents of this great nation that is your issue.
And please try to stick to facts in your postings. Not one fact all conspiracy theories. Not one fact.

americafirst
americafirst 07/18/09 - 07:29 am
PT: the only thing left out

PT: the only thing left out of your comment (6:00) is Obama's belief that none of that applies to himself. As King, he gets to live in luxury and his family can jet around the world like royalty on the tax payers dime. Do as I say but I am entitled to do different. A bigger hypocrite has never before occupied the White House.

xanadu
xanadu 07/18/09 - 07:32 am
concerned: you are so typical

concerned: you are so typical of the democrat mindframe. that is: deny, deny, deny, counteraccuse, deny. get it? and no, those are not conspiracy theories, darling.

Brad Owens
Brad Owens 07/18/09 - 07:43 am
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The first

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The first family is heading to Massachusetts next month for some rest and relaxation. White House aides said President Obama, first lady Michelle Obama and daughters Sasha and Malia will spend the final week of August together in Martha's Vineyard, a favored vacation spot for then-President Bill Clinton and his family in the '90s. The aides confirmed on Friday what had been rumored for months but had been kept under wraps for security and other reasons, including the fact that vacation plans are very sensitive in the middle of a painful recession. Aides have privately held open the possibility that Michelle Obama and the girls may arrive at the vacation spot a few days earlier while the president works on a variety of issues, including his push for health reform....FROM THE FILES OF CNN.

americafirst
americafirst 07/18/09 - 07:47 am
I know that Michelle and the

I know that Michelle and the girls must need a vacation after that exhausting tax payer funded shopping spree in London and Paris. I really appreciate how the Obaas are sacrificing so much in empathy for the millions of Americans who are out of work and have or are losing their hoes. This is real leadership.

55 F-100
55 F-100 07/18/09 - 07:49 am
The Mulatto Muslim Messiah's

The Mulatto Muslim Messiah's incompetence in decision making is only overshadowed by his arrogance and ego. The campaign lies are becoming obvious to those foolish voters who believed in "change", and yet there are still those voters who will still be waiting for their mortgages to be paid and their gas tanks to be filled by the government. These Oprah-influenced and A.C.O.R.N. recruited voters do not possess the gray matter to realize what the Mulatto Muslim Messiah is doing to this nation, they are still waiting for their "post office money" to be increased by taxing the "evil rich" so that they can "get the share that they deserve". America is waking up and realizing that the snake oil salesman's lube job/sales pitch is as flawed and impotent as Prezbo himself.

Brad Owens
Brad Owens 07/18/09 - 07:50 am
concernednative, how much

concernednative, how much time off are our soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq getting? Not too many R&R trips to Martha's Vinyard are being offered to our wounded vets in Walter Reed huh? Zell Miller is right, this guy needs to be glued to his chair in the White House and doing the job he was elected to do. Would you disagree that a vacation to one of the most expensive and exculsive resort areas in our country is a bit much with unemployment reaching double digits and so many Americans suffering?

dashiel
dashiel 07/18/09 - 07:54 am
Nero had much more in common

Nero had much more in common with President Bush. President Obama might be tapdancing as fast as he can but he's not fiddling.

justthefacts
justthefacts 07/18/09 - 07:54 am
Funny how some people pick

Funny how some people pick and choose what part of the constitution we should ahhere.

americafirst
americafirst 07/18/09 - 07:56 am
Not to mention Michele's

Not to mention Michele's recent purchase of a $6000 purse. That certainly didn't get much press coverage.

justthefacts
justthefacts 07/18/09 - 07:57 am
dashiel, didn't expect racist

dashiel, didn't expect racist comments from you. wow.

jacobwriggsly
jacobwriggsly 07/18/09 - 07:57 am
Let them eat cake!

Let them eat cake!

Brad Owens
Brad Owens 07/18/09 - 08:03 am
concernednative, and all

concernednative, and all supporters of Obama, Would you disagree that a vacation to one of the most expensive and exculsive resort areas in our country is a bit much with unemployment reaching double digits and so many Americans suffering?

apex24
apex24 07/18/09 - 08:05 am
Did anyone see the speech to

Did anyone see the speech to the NAACP on Thurs. night by Obama. It was amazing how he's dialect changed. He was sounding just like Rev. Wright. He was getting everyone all jazzed up. I didn't think you could do that in black congregations especially if you are half white.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 07/18/09 - 08:07 am
And don't forget the girls

And don't forget the girls and Michelle in Italy shopping away.

dashiel
dashiel 07/18/09 - 08:07 am
justthefacts, some of my best

justthefacts, some of my best friends are racists.

Brad Owens
Brad Owens 07/18/09 - 08:14 am
Why is it that NONE of

Why is it that NONE of Obama's supporters will answer my one simple question? Would you all disagree that a vacation to one of the most expensive and exculsive resort areas in our country is a bit much with unemployment reaching double digits and so many Americans suffering?

americafirst
americafirst 07/18/09 - 08:17 am
It can't be justified. And

It can't be justified. And the King can do no wrong.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 07/18/09 - 08:21 am
Brad they can't give you any

Brad they can't give you any reasons for what Obama does or what he has done for the country that has produced any real positive results. All they can do is tell you that is still all Bush's fault and cut you down for asking.

dani
dani 07/18/09 - 08:23 am
I plan to apply for a job as

I plan to apply for a job as a czar. I have all the experience I need. I can overlook just about everything.

Officers tell of trauma from taking life

Although every experience is different, officers who take a life often experience severe bouts of depression, alcoholism, marital problems, sleepless nights and feelings of being alone in the ...