Obama has won; I've given up the fight

Folks, this may well be my last letter to the editor. I've come to realize that in the six months he has been in office, Obama now has control of the House, the Senate and will shortly control the Supreme Court.

The federal government is fast becoming controllers of our entire economic and industrial nation.

You can soon forget about the First and Second Amendments, and thereafter whatever they choose to do with the Constitution and the rest of the amendments!

I thank the folks who sided with me in the past on the various issues I've raised, and I apologize to my oldest daughter because I have given up the fight.

Unfortunately, too many Americans don't care and are willing to allow the oxen yolk to be placed around their necks and follow the rest of the cattle to slaughter. They don't realize the handouts that are being tended to them now will cost them to pay very dearly in the future.

If Obama is allowed to put his "civilian police force" into action, we are now looking at the Mussolini "Brown Shirts" and the Hitler Gestapo. I don't want to look out of my window one day and see a half a dozen black SUVs with dark tinted windows in front of my house. I am not willing to put my family at risk.

Believe me, if he is allowed to do this, which I believe he will be allowed to do and anything else he wants to do, you had better be afraid also!

"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty." -- Thomas Jefferson.

William Zimmerman, Hephzibah

Steve Wylie
Steve Wylie 07/13/09 - 12:46 am
Funny, I remember the same

Funny, I remember the same situation just one president ago. Quit ending the world in your imagination: this dramatic language is as absurd as the junk going on during the Bush years. We are all still here (mostly), and the tyranny, the antichrist, and all of the other horrors predicted have not yet arrived, no matter what party is in power. Come on: You seriously think like this?

KSL
KSL 07/13/09 - 02:40 am
"You ain't seen nothing yet."

"You ain't seen nothing yet."

jsherrill
jsherrill 07/13/09 - 02:45 am
All the so called "czars"

All the so called "czars" that Obama has placed in power are only responsible to Obama and not the the Senate, or House, or the Judicial. He has his own leaders in all aspects of governmentr answerable to no one except to Obama. WAKE UP AMERICA!!!

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 07/13/09 - 05:56 am
Silly Steve Wylie, the

Silly Steve Wylie, the situation one president ago was COMPLETELY created on the left wing press. This president is creating the situation himself and the left wing press is supporting his actions. The situation isn't as bad as Mr Zimmerman fears, though the potential is. The balance in the Supreme Court won't change with the addition of Sotomayor. She's replacing someone of the same mindset. The "uninvolved and easily swayed" moderates that put Obama in office are being hit the hardest with the new taxes and restrictions. We'll see if they're happy with their new, more governed, lot in life when the next election rolls around.

southernguy08
southernguy08 07/13/09 - 06:27 am
Bill, don't give up so fast.

Bill, don't give up so fast. Polls show Obama and the Dems are slipping and the 2010 elections will be here soon. If we can survive 4 years of that idiot Jimma Cahtuh, we can survive Obama.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 07/13/09 - 07:12 am
southernguy I don't think

southernguy I don't think that we can compare that we can survive Obama just because we survived Jimmy. First of all, Jimmy didn't appoint all those Czars and secondly I don't temember Jimmy taking control of our banks (to this extent) and private business such as Obama has done. Jimmy also didn't apologize to as many people for America's "arrogance" and "meddling". I would never give up the fight but it is disheartening to see America come closer to a socialist state than ever before in its history since becoming an independent nation.

Steve Wylie
Steve Wylie 07/13/09 - 07:37 am
PT is a laugh riiot. That

PT is a laugh riiot. That girl ought to be a comedian. The same thing is happening now that was happening then, but in THIS case it is real whereas in the last case it was just imagined. How about there are as many crazies on the left as there are on the right? Isnt that far more likely? And as one of those more taxed and governed moderates she would argue will be enslaved to the sinister powers of some nazi-style government--I'm not unhappy so far because everything I was told would happen has happened.

xanadu
xanadu 07/13/09 - 07:47 am
the democrats and the

the democrats and the republicans have both been guilty of instigating, maintaining and perpetrating the ruination of America for the last 200+ years. Time for a new party, folks, and one that wants to go by the constitution our country was founded upon rather than whatever daily interpretation the powers that be come up with as they sit around with their morning bagels and cappucino. And after reading this morning's headline about Friedman and Pelosi jumping on their high-and-mighty-horses over the prior admin's policy regarding TERRORISTS WHO WANT TO KILL US, i am convinced all democrats have totally lost any grip on reality or common sense, if, indeed, they ever had any to begin with. Why don't they go knit booties for their grandkids, bake a pie, and find a bingo game instead of acting like old, post-menopausal shrews? Oh, that's because they ARE old, post-menopausal shrews! I say we ship these two off to Antartica, let 'em live in an ice tent and chew on whale blubber for awhile. In the meantime, William, don't give up the fight, if only for the ornery reason cause that's what those bonebrains want you to do.

ldsmith1
ldsmith1 07/13/09 - 07:51 am
Steve- You are naive at best.

Steve- You are naive at best.

Happy Camper 455
Happy Camper 455 07/13/09 - 07:53 am
Oxen Yolk? Shut up.

Oxen Yolk? Shut up.

Happy Camper 455
Happy Camper 455 07/13/09 - 07:53 am
Glad you gave up. So now

Glad you gave up. So now shut up.

Happy Camper 455
Happy Camper 455 07/13/09 - 07:56 am
Steve Patricia ain't NO GIRL.

Steve Patricia ain't NO GIRL. IT is a HE, using that name. Although I hear he does wear...........nah, never mind. lmao

xanadu
xanadu 07/13/09 - 07:57 am
idsmith, stevie suffers from

idsmith, stevie suffers from HUA syndrome, as well as all the other obama lovers. you must pray for their salvation, rather than condemn them.

confederate american
confederate american 07/13/09 - 08:10 am
you are a sad american,when

you are a sad american,when you want to lay down and give up your freedoms.there have been thousands of men and women dead on the battlefield for your freedoms.i lived through viet-nam even though i was wounded and i'll tell you and everyone else,i don't mind lying dead in my front yard for my freedom.get up off your a-- and fight for your freedom.

justus4
justus4 07/13/09 - 08:21 am
Ha! Ha! Another "I quit"

Ha! Ha! Another "I quit" Palin-type individual whose ideology is completely flawed, historical facts distorted, and probably got a closet full of weapons and don't know how to properly engage a target. But he heard something about "guns" being a right and believe that the dark-skinned president will soon come for his stuff. Good grief! Well, at least ol' Will, along with Palin & Sanford, has recognized the handwriting on the wall and got gone. However, there is an issue with that stubborn Constitution and getting it changed to include Reparation. That's going to be completely uphill....wish "us" luck.

soldout
soldout 07/13/09 - 08:21 am
Pray for Obama's methods to

Pray for Obama's methods to fail. Pray all truth be revealed. I think we are in the first part of a depression and that could end up being a blessing. God is our source , not the government. All battles can be won in the Spiritual realm. There is no competition for a praying man!

AAQueen
AAQueen 07/13/09 - 08:22 am
PT this statement you posted

PT this statement you posted says it all, " ithe situation one president ago was COMPLETELY created on the left wing press." U have lost ALL credibility and sound like you are in the first stages of AH. Mr Zimm you think too much of yourself.

jackfruitpaper833
jackfruitpaper833 07/13/09 - 08:29 am

Thank you for not writing to the chronicle again I hope a few others follow suit. All this fearmongering is unhealthy for any and all those who follow it up. I am so blessed, glad, thankful and greatful, I've got Jesus in my life, that makes me FEAR NOT nor be DISMAYED at the cares of this world as I know God will take care of me.

TechLover
TechLover 07/13/09 - 08:30 am
PT hasn't lost his/her

PT hasn't lost his/her credibility. Never had any, never will.

jackfruitpaper833
jackfruitpaper833 07/13/09 - 08:34 am
soldout what about all those

soldout what about all those who are praying for his methods to succeed? and for God to hedge him in and protect him from hurt, harm and danger and all those around him? there is a war going on in high places yes.

jack234
jack234 07/13/09 - 08:41 am
William: Thank you for giving

William: Thank you for giving up and writing your last letter. That will give more room to rational thinking human beings. HELLO! HELLO!

sjgraci
sjgraci 07/13/09 - 08:43 am
Breakout the tinfoil hats.

Breakout the tinfoil hats.

NANF
NANF 07/13/09 - 08:54 am
Obama is spelled AntiChrist.

Obama is spelled AntiChrist.

55 F-100
55 F-100 07/13/09 - 09:01 am
justus, "Changing the

justus, "Changing the Constitution to include Reparation"??? Surely you haven't huffed enough spray paint to believe that the mulatto muslim messiah could make that happen. That's not a dream, justus, that's a hallucination!

soldout
soldout 07/13/09 - 09:07 am
Jackfruit only prayers that

Jackfruit only prayers that are in God's will are effective. Those praying for him to succeed would be praying for bondage, death, and poverty; none of those are God's will. Jesus even said He didn't pray for the world but for His children. The only prayer needed for Obama is for him to come to believe and accept Christ and then you will see a heart change. There are no pro-death Christians.

TechLover
TechLover 07/13/09 - 09:11 am
sold: Glad your against the

sold: Glad your against the death penalty and the wars. 55: Don't your robes and pointy hat need washing?

TechLover
TechLover 07/13/09 - 09:18 am
Wait 30 days and see if Mr.

Wait 30 days and see if Mr. Zimmerman keeps his word.

j2says
j2says 07/13/09 - 09:27 am
How in the world is he going

How in the world is he going to have control of the Supreme Court? The conservatives judges will still outnumber the liberal judges on the court. It's one thing to disagree with the current administration but rhetoric from some random email floating around and your opinion is foolish and unnecessary. Mr. Zimmerman please do us all a favor and keep your promise.

bdittle
bdittle 07/13/09 - 09:27 am
Wow Mr. Zimmerman... just

Wow Mr. Zimmerman... just like Palin, you quit?

Fresh_Cope
Fresh_Cope 07/13/09 - 09:32 am
a RANT to the local nut house

a RANT to the local nut house for letting Mr. Zimmerman fall off his meds and use a computer. Oh no, the black SUVs are outside..gotta go

Georgia to monitor potential Ebola travelers

Georgia is one of six states that will soon begin active monitoring of all travelers from three Ebola-stricken countries in West Africa for the 21 days during which they could develop an infection ...