Keep supporting my friend Betty Beard

Ms. Betty Beard: Please continue to keep up the good work that you are doing on the county commission.

I have known Ms. Beard since high school days; she and I played basketball for Laney.

She has always been a very caring and compassionate young lady. Ms. Beard has always believed in doing what is right.

I commend Ms. Beard for a job well done. She is carrying on the legacy of her husband, the late Mr. Lee Beard, whom I also knew since my teen years. Mr. Beard was smart and did a great job on the county commission, and now his widow is left to carry on.

Let us all continue to support Ms. Beard.

Annie McCorkle

Augusta

Billy Shears
Billy Shears 07/03/09 - 04:55 am
I guess Miss Annie doesn't

I guess Miss Annie doesn't live in one of Ms Beard's houses. I'd like to know what she has actually done. All the news I read about her is about what she has blocked from being accomplished.

omnomnom
omnomnom 07/03/09 - 05:15 am
well fer one Billy, she

well fer one Billy, she married into a position of power. Uh.. I got nothing.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 07/03/09 - 06:05 am
Isn't Ms Beard the one that

Isn't Ms Beard the one that always abstains from voting so the Mayor can't break a tie? Way to take a stand Betty. You sure are helping the city.

southernguy08
southernguy08 07/03/09 - 06:54 am
PT, Betty does that. Our

PT, Betty does that. Our president votes "present." Both are spineless.

jackmaple
jackmaple 07/03/09 - 07:02 am
Isn't she the same Bettey

Isn't she the same Bettey Beard the chronicle named as a slumlord a couple weeks ago?

apex24
apex24 07/03/09 - 07:48 am
Annie, since you and Betty

Annie, since you and Betty are Laney alums and Ms. Beard is a wealthy lady can you two do anything to help with the 32% graduation rate at Laney.

ONLY THE TRUTH
ONLY THE TRUTH 07/03/09 - 09:45 am
This has got to be a joke.

This has got to be a joke. Nobody is that stupid to write this letter. Oh never mind....I forgot Laney graduate. Just show up and you might be the valedictorian. She must fill up your gas tank with the county credit card.

mad_max
mad_max 07/03/09 - 11:20 am
Ah yes, our friend Blackmail

Ah yes, our friend Blackmail Betty. Leader of the obstructionists. Defender of the "gimmee" some mo' revitaliazation money crowd. Waster of the taxpayer's dollars. Grand Master of the Port Royal secret meeting bunch where all of the abstains and "walk outs" are planned. Yeh, she is doing a good job alright. The only thing she has done is continue to poor more of our money into a snake pit while the rest of the county deteriorates and people and businesses flee as fast as they can. Geat job Betty. Keep blackmailing to get more of our money to throw away on your hopeless "revitalization" program while the county goes down the tubes. One day you will look out here and the only ones left will be the "gimmee" crowd because all of the taxpayers will be gone to Columbia County or North Augusta where they have some REAL leadership instead of RACIST leadership.

jack
jack 07/03/09 - 11:57 am
Laney alum says it all. She

Laney alum says it all. She supposedly went to college-Paine perhaps?

colcamp1
colcamp1 07/03/09 - 12:45 pm
I see that the majority of

I see that the majority of the KLAN member have voiced their usually manure. At least you all are the one thing that can be counted on. I am sorry, I meant CLAN.

mgroothand
mgroothand 07/03/09 - 02:12 pm
CNN, a network that I seldom

CNN, a network that I seldom watch, had a jawdropping announcement yesterday. The unemployment rate among black Americans is much higher than that of white Americans.....Perhaps if more black Americans actually graduated from High School (over 60% drop out of High School) they would find a job.

Ivey
Ivey 07/03/09 - 07:17 pm
Let's not forget Mr Graybeal

Let's not forget Mr Graybeal for whom she left for Mr Beard. So now who are we to support? Also and I am just asking as I am not sure but wasn't there one before Mr Graybeal too???? I guess Mr. SanFord isn't the only one in the government arena that does things he isn't supposed too.

colcamp1
colcamp1 07/03/09 - 07:29 pm
Still more white unemployed

Still more white unemployed than Blacks. maybe whites should stop doing meth or shooting their co-workers, the rate for them would drop?

Commission rejects tax jump

Seven commissioners nixed a proposed tax increase Monday that would cost a typical homeowner $70 a year, leaving the countywide millage rate unset with just a few days to meet state deadlines.