The enemy -us -is winning

Obama is Caesar, and will rule, not govern nor lead!

The black population, understandably proud that one of their own had reached this pinnacle, voted overwhelmingly for him. White liberals, perhaps aware of the terrible history of the Democrats and race relations, voted for him to assuage their own guilt at their party's record of pro-slavery, anti-civil rights, segregation, The Ku Klux Klan and Jim Crow laws!

These were all authored by Democrats, not Republicans!

Certainly no one bothered to scrutinize Caesar and his past associations, nor question what the "change" he promised meant! Now we see, and he's coming after your health care under the ruse of "saving" it, just like the other businesses he has made wards of the government!

The words Marxist, socialist, and communist, of course, do not resonate with our citizens, especially the younger age groups. They have no memory or experience as a point of reference, so these are just words that have no real significance to them! Yet, in their youthful hubris, they feel they are the wisest of the wise! They casually dismiss the difference between the above and free-market capitalism as inconsequential.

Venezuelan dictator Hugo Chavez states that "Comrade Obama is more left wing than (Chavez) is!"

An article in the former Soviet newspaper Pravda remarks on the swiftness of our descent into Marxism under Caesar!

As a consequence of Caesar's coronation, we once again have a monarch to replace King George III; but Caesar, too, has the markings of a tyrant, and so, perhaps this is how and where our republic ends.

We have come full circle, to be destroyed by the greed and ignorance of our own citizens just as Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev predicted! As the comic strip character "Pogo" would say, "we have met the enemy and he is us!"

Robert Smock, Hephzibah

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 06/22/09 - 04:04 pm
I hope you didn't get your

I hope you didn't get your math skills from webster too jovan....still waiting on where u get the 200 to 300 million women that have died because they couldn't kill their baby.

fd1962
fd1962 06/22/09 - 04:15 pm
You're a fool to attempt

You're a fool to attempt anything more than self-diagnosis, PT. But denial is a wonderful purge for your miscalculations.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/22/09 - 04:23 pm
Educated liberals speak

Educated liberals speak flamboyant words with no substance. NPR is an excellent example.

mad_max
mad_max 06/22/09 - 04:33 pm
willistontownsc....if you are

willistontownsc....if you are really as smart as you say, and believe me, you are not, you would realize that definitions marxist, fascist, and socialist EXACTLY describe Obama and his policies. And his actions confirm each term. I noticed today his cronies are proposing to implement the new taxes to pay for his healthcare plan in 2013 which, of course, makes it AFTER the next presidential election. I am certain all of the other little soda pop, hamburger, and gas taxes will be effective in 2011 after the next congressional elections as well. We can add another term to Obama's list when it comes to raising taxes. LIAR. Look that one up in Webster's willistontownsc. A pseudo intellectual like you should be able to correlate the definition of LIAR to Obama. He certainly is one in addition to being a marxist, socialist, and a fascist. Let me throw in one more "ist" term. With his staunch support and funding of ACORN....wait, I mean Community Organizations International now.....with taxpayer money and his Justice Department's protection of the New Black Panthers, he is also a racist. I know all of you "white guilt" liberals love this guy but he is the most divisive president ever.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 06/22/09 - 04:52 pm
fd1962, I guess that explains

fd1962, I guess that explains your posts.(5:15) Thanks for the insight.

disssman
disssman 06/22/09 - 04:52 pm
In a way the writer is

In a way the writer is correct, our country has been destroyed by greed, but I believe that greed was in the corporate family. And contributing to the destruction is surely the ignorance of the common everyday worker. Once we started to listen to corporate leaders placate us with promises of a horn of plenty, if only we would give up our union organizations, our paths to self destruction were assured. And now we are fast becoming a two tier society of the very poor and the very rich. You would think that people would orient themselves with the working class, and yet many working class people still orient themselves with the corporate mentality that the only real people of importance are the management elite. Wake up people, most of you are little more than puppets being jerked around because you are blind sided to what the big picture actually is.

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 06/22/09 - 04:52 pm
GnipGnop, I got my math by

GnipGnop, I got my math by using a formula that only feminists and the most left wing of people would understand. So no, it didn't come from Webster.

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 06/22/09 - 04:54 pm
Also, mad max, once again,

Also, mad max, once again, you're dead wrong about ACORN. ACORN has been giving people in our communities a voice against right wing tyranny -- a voice ordinary people would NOT have without the group.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 06/22/09 - 04:56 pm
Wow, willi, I hope you save

Wow, willi, I hope you save that spiel for the internet. Were you to speak this b.s. in public, I'd see a straight jacket in your future.

KSL
KSL 06/22/09 - 04:59 pm
Is there a group of acorns in

Is there a group of acorns in Williston?

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 06/22/09 - 05:06 pm
disssman, how many times have

disssman, how many times have the working class man employed you? The union mentality is aimed at the group mind and ignores the business that supports the group. While there are some situations that call for union help, there are many situations where the union is the problem. It's the individual situation that needs to be analyzed. It's not an "either / or" situation.

fd1962
fd1962 06/22/09 - 05:07 pm
Your circuits are growing

Your circuits are growing dim, PT. (5:52) Time to retreat to your platitudes, I suppose. You haven't used wealth envy in the last four hours. It's available.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 06/22/09 - 05:13 pm
fd1962, My circuits are dim

fd1962, My circuits are dim because you give me an insight into your posts? What does that say about the information you share? If you cry about wealth envy,(again) I'll be sure to point it out again.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 06/22/09 - 05:46 pm
Pat, are you wealthy?If not,

Pat, are you wealthy?If not, then I guess he's not envious of you. Keep studying the GOP handbook.Or better yet,try thinking for yourself.

southernguy08
southernguy08 06/22/09 - 05:46 pm
WILLISTON, your math is

WILLISTON, your math is pathetic, but if it makes you happy, fine. As far as O's approval is concerned, if the latest poll is any indication, you'll be screaming right wing conspiracy real soon! I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show. NIKO, you're wrong about me not being happy. Right now, I'm downright ecstatic! Enjoy watching big O's approval fall. You'll be seeing it everyday on the news, NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, and yes, Fox.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 06/22/09 - 05:55 pm
Southernguy08,the only poll

Southernguy08,the only poll that matters is the one conducted on November 4th, 2008 and the one to be conducted in November 2010 and 2012. Until then,Keep Hope Alive!!!!

KSL
KSL 06/22/09 - 06:07 pm
Correct, what really matters

Correct, what really matters is election day, but if you don't think Obama's folks aren't going to get wadded up if his numbers continue to drop, you are greatly mistaken.

DEVGRU
DEVGRU 06/22/09 - 06:26 pm
We need a support group for

We need a support group for people who are obsessed with policitics.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 06/22/09 - 06:40 pm
Yeah Kathy, I'm wadded up.The

Yeah Kathy, I'm wadded up.The problem for y'all isn't president Obama. It's that you don't bring nothing new to the table.Why should I vote for the Republicans agenda?

Taylor B
Taylor B 06/22/09 - 06:43 pm
Hey, you could always vote

Hey, you could always vote Libertarian. The lesser of two evils is still evil!

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 06/22/09 - 06:48 pm
Acttaylorb, Libertarians are

Acttaylorb, Libertarians are disgruntled Republicans. President Obama whipped them so bad, they had to reevaluate things.Thanks anyway!!!

Taylor B
Taylor B 06/22/09 - 06:56 pm
RCR, you do go to other

RCR, you do go to other websites besides this one and moveon.org, right? We are a party of principle, the repubs are not. We are not hypocrits, and do not sell out. We do not alienate people, or take from anyone through force. We are about FREEDOM, and nothing else. You should try it. Just a google away.... keep that mind open!

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 06/22/09 - 07:11 pm
Actaylorb, did you vote for

Actaylorb, did you vote for John McCain last November?I'm happy with the Democratic Party, but I will Google and check out the Libertarians.BTW, I don't checkout Moveon.org much, but I like some of what I've heard.

KSL
KSL 06/22/09 - 08:13 pm
I was referring to his

I was referring to his handlers, RCR, not Democrats, in general. Sorry you missed my point.

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 06/22/09 - 08:24 pm
Makes me wish that the

Makes me wish that the National Woman's Party was still around...oh well, I can always vote for the Socialist Party USA. The party is anti-Stalin.

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 06/22/09 - 08:26 pm
RCR, i don't look at MoveOn

RCR, i don't look at MoveOn that much, either. I mainly look at Feministing, Feministe, The Curvature and Heartfeldt.

KSL
KSL 06/22/09 - 08:42 pm
willi, as a male, why are you

willi, as a male, why are you so obsessed with female issues?

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 06/22/09 - 09:56 pm
KSL, that comment was too

KSL, that comment was too close ... for comfort, I suspect.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 06/25/09 - 02:17 am
Thats why you aren't as smart

Thats why you aren't as smart as you think....you make up your own statistics jovan!

Mayor's race historic, controversial

Hardie Davis is still waiting to take office after winning a mayoral race that featured no white candidates and saw one of his opponents drop out the day before the election.