The enemy -us -is winning

Obama is Caesar, and will rule, not govern nor lead!

The black population, understandably proud that one of their own had reached this pinnacle, voted overwhelmingly for him. White liberals, perhaps aware of the terrible history of the Democrats and race relations, voted for him to assuage their own guilt at their party's record of pro-slavery, anti-civil rights, segregation, The Ku Klux Klan and Jim Crow laws!

These were all authored by Democrats, not Republicans!

Certainly no one bothered to scrutinize Caesar and his past associations, nor question what the "change" he promised meant! Now we see, and he's coming after your health care under the ruse of "saving" it, just like the other businesses he has made wards of the government!

The words Marxist, socialist, and communist, of course, do not resonate with our citizens, especially the younger age groups. They have no memory or experience as a point of reference, so these are just words that have no real significance to them! Yet, in their youthful hubris, they feel they are the wisest of the wise! They casually dismiss the difference between the above and free-market capitalism as inconsequential.

Venezuelan dictator Hugo Chavez states that "Comrade Obama is more left wing than (Chavez) is!"

An article in the former Soviet newspaper Pravda remarks on the swiftness of our descent into Marxism under Caesar!

As a consequence of Caesar's coronation, we once again have a monarch to replace King George III; but Caesar, too, has the markings of a tyrant, and so, perhaps this is how and where our republic ends.

We have come full circle, to be destroyed by the greed and ignorance of our own citizens just as Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev predicted! As the comic strip character "Pogo" would say, "we have met the enemy and he is us!"

Robert Smock, Hephzibah

1941
1941 06/22/09 - 09:54 am
wizzardx1; Since the beigning

wizzardx1; Since the beigning of the united states, there had never been anyone of color, so we thought before we die we would just like to see one in the 'WHITE HOUSE''.We also got a bonus, he is very smart. So regardless as to what you think, you have him for the next eight years!!!!

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 06/22/09 - 09:58 am
STILL,NO answer to the

STILL,NO answer to the question,just bad mouthing me for asking.

HotFoot
HotFoot 06/22/09 - 10:01 am
Simply put, I voted for him

Simply put, I voted for him because I preferred his policies to his opponent's policies. McCain would have been more of the same....which is to say, we'd be further down the path of self-destruction in 4 years' time. But if you want to know the reason I didn't answer your question immediately (aside from the fact that I have paying work to do) it's that you deserve no respect whatsoever. You persist on calling him "hussien" (aside from the obvious slur, you don't even spell it correctly) and you've posted reams of racist rants on this board. So, stop your disingenuous questioning.

Brad Owens
Brad Owens 06/22/09 - 10:03 am
Hey wizzard, Bush IS the

Hey wizzard, Bush IS the reason McCain lost in case you didn't know.

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 06/22/09 - 10:08 am
Now you only disagree with me

Now you only disagree with me calling a person by name.Sorry I mispelled it.I am not asking for your respect,only an anawer to a question.Why did you vot for hussein?Which policies-government takeover of private interprise,the capitulation of the U.S.to the world,the release of known terrorists,amnesty to illegals, which of these do you agree.

Brad Owens
Brad Owens 06/22/09 - 10:14 am
It is Bush that elected

It is Bush that elected Obama. Pure and simple. People were tired of the Republicans and the agenda that had been pushed for eight years. People wanted change and whoever the Democratic challenger was was going to win. Then after the financial crashes in the final stretch, McCain had NO chance at all. So face it, the reason people voted for Obama is because they wanted change. They wanted direct, immediate, and drastic change. So people who voted for Obama are NOT surprised or threatened by his positions. Does that splain it to you now? It is YOUR own fault that he is elected.

Steve Wylie
Steve Wylie 06/22/09 - 10:14 am
I voted for Obama because he

I voted for Obama because he promised to do something to change the way our country uses and produces energy. I think this issue is more vital to our security and economy than anything either candidate had to say on other topics.

MyTake
MyTake 06/22/09 - 10:18 am
Please let Obama voters state

Please let Obama voters state for themselves why the voted for him. In my case he was simply the larger man. He sees the world for what it is and makes his own decision - with wisdom I might add. John McCain is a great guy and I wish he were the Republican candidate in 2000 or 2004, but by 2008 he had compromised too many times and finally could not shake loose from his party handlers. Neither of these men represent conspiracies of any kind, and anyone that says so is living in some kind of nihilistic fantasy land.

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 06/22/09 - 10:21 am
hussein has broken EVERY

hussein has broken EVERY promise made during his bid for the white house.What makes you think he will honor the one that convinced you to vote for him?All that he promised was change and change is inevitable with ALL things.

aftbrn
aftbrn 06/22/09 - 10:37 am
Obama is nothing more than a

Obama is nothing more than a rock star. He hasn't shown one ounce of leadership. A leader allows his followers to decide for themselves what is right for them. Since he has been in office he has dictated every policy as if they were his own. If he had any backbone what-so-ever he would have stood up to all the market anaylsist and suggested solutions that didn't require our economy to be flooded with new ly printed American dollars that will over all decrease the value. Everything he has done to date is taking the easy way out. Show me one thing that he has done that wasn't a shortcut. The right thing to do would have been to allow failing businesses to fail, opening up opportunities for new ideas and markets. I have not seen one dollar of stimulus money make into our paychecks yet. Again fattening the already fat cats out there, an award for getting him elected. We will never see any of that money. All that money that was supposed to help prevent forclosures by allowing refinancing, hasn't helped anyone and is nothing but a log jam. This theif needs to be put out to pasture already.

justright
justright 06/22/09 - 10:38 am
The Wiz is right. You were

The Wiz is right. You were all seduced by false words and the media. "If you can't bedazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bull____". You were all baffled, not bedazzled.

Brad Owens
Brad Owens 06/22/09 - 10:44 am
But you guys will not admit

But you guys will not admit that it was Bush's own fault that the Republicans lost power and failed at the polls.

aftbrn
aftbrn 06/22/09 - 11:05 am
I'm a republican and I will

I'm a republican and I will admit that Bush all but vacated us in the last 2-3 years of his term. After the second election he lost steam and never recovered. Just like Clinton before him, he rode out the last few years of his presidency without really doing anything. And yes, I fault him for where we are today for that, the difference being is that now we have a president in office that was put there just to prove a point, with no real backbone. Sure he loves his family, great but that doesn't fix our economy. If i see him take his wife out on another date while the rest of us are just struggling to pay our mortgages and put food on the table, I'm going to puke. The only ones making any money these days are the civil servants living off our tax dollars and they sure don't hae an issue raising our taxes even though those of us in private businesses are all struggling. I am one who can't wait for everyone to wake up and realize what is happening to us. The very people we elect are running us out of business by causing our cost of business to sky rocket. The value of the dollar in just the last two years is dreadful. I make twice as much as I did three years ago and it gets half valu

Brad Owens
Brad Owens 06/22/09 - 11:17 am
aftbrn, how is that any

aftbrn, how is that any different than it has always been except that a Democratic President is in there now?

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 06/22/09 - 11:36 am
Thank you Mr. Smock! I had

Thank you Mr. Smock! I had indigestion and after reading your Op-Ed piece I was able to throw up. And George W. could not kill a fly; but he certainly is responsible for killing a lot of other Americans.

R2
R2 06/22/09 - 12:14 pm
Who did you expect our vote

Who did you expect our vote to go to? McCain ? So are we suppossed to do a redo now? Move on please. I have no regrets? I voted my choice.

IMRIGHTYOUREWRONG
IMRIGHTYOUREWRONG 06/22/09 - 12:33 pm
When the basis for one's

When the basis for one's argument is surrounded with libel or slander, then all (if any) valid claims are to be immediately discredited. To compare Obama to Caesar is wrong, but can be justified if supported with concrete evidence. But to merely refer to Obama as Caesar or "Hussien" (in Wizzard's case) without a just explanation simply speaks to the pool of misinformation that some individuals choose to believe.

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 06/22/09 - 12:35 pm
I am so much younger than

I am so much younger than most people on here -- and so much smarter than the cons on here as well, obviously. I DO know what Marxism and fascism mean -- I read Webster's dictionary like a book. And I KNOW that NEITHER one apply to Obama. It is the older folk that needs to quit being fed lies by the right wing and the far right media outlets like CNN, Fox, CBS, ABC and NBC.

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 06/22/09 - 12:35 pm
The enemy is the

The enemy is the conservatives, by the way.

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 06/22/09 - 12:44 pm
I'm #51 and starting a new

I'm #51 and starting a new page! Hello, hello.

southernguy08
southernguy08 06/22/09 - 12:45 pm
IMRIGHT, you make some good

IMRIGHT, you make some good points. However, when Big O makes statements like "we won, you lost" as to why his programs should be supported, you can't help but wonder at such arrogance. I'm sure it's one of the reasons his popularity is down to 58% after only 5 months in office...that and the fact that the country is on the express lane to bankruptcy.

justright
justright 06/22/09 - 12:56 pm
willistown, you might want to

willistown, you might want to re-read the dictionary a little slower. And turn off your I-pod. Especially if you think that the media is conservative.....You're the only dem or lib I've ever heard say such a thing. Anyone with any age on them has sense enough to know not to attempt that one, it's not debatable. Grow up and come back.

justright
justright 06/22/09 - 12:57 pm
southernguys right. Even

southernguys right. Even though it kills the libs.

Brad Owens
Brad Owens 06/22/09 - 01:03 pm
The enemy is politicians who

The enemy is politicians who think the plan is greed, deception, and abuse of power

justright
justright 06/22/09 - 01:04 pm
Brad Owens is right. Even

Brad Owens is right. Even though it kills us all.

GnipGnop1
GnipGnop1 06/22/09 - 01:09 pm
So that would be all

So that would be all politicians...both parties. Willi anyone that has to constantly tell us how smart they are prove beyond a doubt that they are not.

southernguy08
southernguy08 06/22/09 - 01:18 pm
WILLISTON, you're no smarter

WILLISTON, you're no smarter than anybody here, but you sure are one arrogant twit. The latest polls show your president losing ground with the voters, after only 5 months in office. I guess the American people aren't as smart as you, eh? Are you kidding, far right media outlets like CNN, CBS, NBC, and ABC that just finished doing like newscasts from the White House? How stupid are you? Sorry...you're the last person who could answer that question aren't you?

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 06/22/09 - 01:32 pm
ABC CBS NBC and CNN right

ABC CBS NBC and CNN right wing media outlets??? shazaaaam

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 06/22/09 - 01:34 pm
Smuck, I voted for president

Smuck, I voted for president Obama, because I did not like the direction our country was headed in. He ran the better campaign. He raised the most money. And he had the better ideas.He didn't campaign on his opponents lack of experience, then select a Vice President who had even less experience.If the GOP wants black votes, then they need to provide a platform that we can agree with.Until then, talk want change a thing.Taking Hugo Chavez seriously, is desperate.The real enemy are the power hungry. Right now, that's the Republicans.

justthefacts