Cartoon an insult to president

Rick McKee's editorial cartoon (Augusta Chronicle, June 6) depicting President Obama apologizing for D-Day to a fully uniformed Adolf Hitler, was neither funny, appropriate, informative nor true in any sense.

It was a disgusting display of garbage thrown at the president of the United States by the Augusta Chronicle.

Of course, its intention was to denigrate the president's speech at Cairo where the president did apologize for the quagmire in Iraq orchestrated by George Bush and Dick Cheney. Whatever its intent, it insulted every soldier who fought and the many who died fighting fascism led by Hitler. It belittled the tremendous leadership of Presidents Roosevelt and Truman during and after Word War II.

The editorial board, which approved the cartoon, obviously did not watch, just one day before, the moving ceremony of President Obama and the survivor Elie Wiesel at Buchenwald where 53,000 Jews and thousands of others were killed on direct orders of Hitler. The president denounced forcefully Hitler's killing camps and denounced the revisionists who claim the Holocaust never occurred.

If there is an apology to be made, it should be Rick McKee and the Chronicle begging to apologize to our president and all those who died horribly at the camps and those who fought and died for the victory over the Nazis.

Lowell Greenbaum

Chairperson, Richmond County Democratic Party

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 06/09/09 - 04:38 pm
Jack, I am simply on here

Jack, I am simply on here (the online AC) for the pleasure of your company, and those others with a variety of opinions and bad manners and human excrement.

GnipGnop1
GnipGnop1 06/09/09 - 04:40 pm
It'a a op cartoon moron. You

It'a a op cartoon moron. You want him to draw your opinion? You libs kill me with your "you cons are hateful name callers" you do the same thing then try to hide behind diversity. What a bunch of onesided morons.

prissy
prissy 06/09/09 - 04:40 pm
We all better hope The Jobama

We all better hope The Jobama Group gets a grip, and, yeah... GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

southernguy08
southernguy08 06/09/09 - 04:41 pm
NIKO, since you brought up

NIKO, since you brought up Muslims in the first place, are you advocating violence toward Rick McKee for this cartoon that offends you? That is what they want anytime their precious feelings are hurt. Come on, NIKO...be a mensch and say that even though this cartoon offends you, Rick McKee has the right to draw it, AC has the right to publish it, and we have the right to look at it.

it-is-ok
it-is-ok 06/09/09 - 04:45 pm
I love this conversation that

I love this conversation that you all are having. I would like to remind you all. When you woke up this morning. You had a black president. When you had lunch? You had a black president name Obama. When you sit down at your dinner table? You have a black president named Obama. When you go to sleep tonight? You still will have a black president name Obama. So you can insult him, call him names, draw cartoons, die and go to hades or heaven. it does not matter how much but he has kiss or will kiss in your blog opinion he is just following after what the other 43 presidents has done as Presidents. Barack H. Obama in 2009 was the first black president of the United States. All those opose needs to be blogging to find his replacement-when says that his time is up.

mgroothand
mgroothand 06/09/09 - 04:46 pm
This article's headline

This article's headline reads; "Cartoon an insult to president". This current president is an insult to America and most of the presidents that held that prestigious title.

it-is-ok
it-is-ok 06/09/09 - 04:48 pm
It is ideas like that the

It is ideas like that the reason is why Obama is President.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/09/09 - 04:52 pm
Posted by it-is-ok on Tue Jun

Posted by it-is-ok on Tue Jun 9, 2009 4:45 PM What does race have to do with it?

it-is-ok
it-is-ok 06/09/09 - 04:55 pm
If race wasn't the

If race wasn't the problem-why would I read blogs misusing his name-Not only is race- i have read religion-Then you have the audacity to ask me about race.

southernguy08
southernguy08 06/09/09 - 04:56 pm
Gee, IT-IS, I would like to

Gee, IT-IS, I would like to remind you that we've had it drummed into our heads that O's skin color shouldn't be a factor. Maybe you're an exception to the rule.

it-is-ok
it-is-ok 06/09/09 - 04:59 pm
We are in the south. I don't

We are in the south. I don't care how much you play it down-how much people hide. We all have to be aware. That race will and still be a issue. No it wasn't like it was in the sixties. I will give you the benifit and say it is a small percentage. But can you honestly say that it is gone completely-the race issue

Former Augustan
Former Augustan 06/09/09 - 04:59 pm
Unbelievable! You people --

Unbelievable! You people -- Augusta rednecks - are so %^*&^$ ignorant. I'm ashamed to tell people where I was born. When they ask, I usually say Atlanta -- but that's just marginally better than Augusta. I'm so very ashamed to be a Southerner and especially anything associated with Georgia and the surround states. A backward bunch of rubes.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/09/09 - 05:04 pm
IT is OK you think racism is

IT is OK you think racism is only in the south?

it-is-ok
it-is-ok 06/09/09 - 05:06 pm
I dont know-I have never live

I dont know-I have never live in other states. I can't speak about other states. If it was not family ties. I would have left a long time ago.

hunterga34
hunterga34 06/09/09 - 05:23 pm
Greenbaum you are an ediot.

Greenbaum you are an ediot.

PJ

justthefacts
justthefacts 06/09/09 - 05:30 pm
Maybe it-is-ok is right. If

Maybe it-is-ok is right. If Obama was white, Republicans would have voted for him as well and there would be no complaining. You know, like when Bill Clinton occupied the WH.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/09/09 - 05:40 pm
It-is-okay I recommend taking

It-is-okay I recommend taking a trip up north. If you want to meet some opinionated bigoted people.

justthefacts
justthefacts 06/09/09 - 05:42 pm
Try Boston.

Try Boston.

it-is-ok
it-is-ok 06/09/09 - 05:46 pm
I have relatives up north-I

I have relatives up north-I dont know what is the worst prejudice or biggity (people who think because they have a accent they are rich).

Fiat_Lux
19992
Fiat_Lux 06/09/09 - 05:47 pm
To IT-IS-OK re: your 4:45

To IT-IS-OK re: your 4:45 comment: Obama is NOT black. He is WHITE. You people are just trying to claim him as your own, and you can have him, but not because he's black, because he's not. He's white.

it-is-ok
it-is-ok 06/09/09 - 05:51 pm
Who is you people? Maybe your

Who is you people? Maybe your history books will say white. But the one that my college has on display says black. You people must have been visiting another planet for the last year. Maybe I am ignorant and can't read or spell. But I have never seen white before the name President Obama. Oh I get it. when they wrote black it really meant white. OK it is ok. LOL

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/09/09 - 05:59 pm
Conservatism is not a color

Conservatism is not a color it is a philosophy of personal responsibility, fiscal responsibility, and traditional family values. It is not a racial issue, people are going to make fun of Obama that is politics. He is the leader of the liberal/progressive movement, he is the biggest target. Obama went and appeased to the Muslims apologizing for colonialism. The UNITED STATES has never had a colony in a Muslim nation. The United States did not participate in the Great Crusade. The United States is not apart of Europe. So there was no reason to Apologize or appease the Muslim community. That is why the cartoon was made, because Obama apologized just to appease the Muslims.

Fiat_Lux
19992
Fiat_Lux 06/09/09 - 06:02 pm
Obviously tongue-in-cheeck is

Obviously tongue-in-cheeck is too subtle for this crowd. The reality, however, is that Obama is no more black than he is white. White woman from white parents/grandparents/and so on mates with black man with black parents/grandparents/and so on to yield a HALF WHITE / HALF BLACK person. Ergo, despite how the media has decided to annoint him-- and regardless of what he thinks of himself-- Obama is just as white as he is black, period. And I am deeply offended when the white part of his heritage is just written off as if it does not exist or is of no tangible or intangible value at all. This man benefitted from being half white, and don't kid youselves for a minute that he didn't use it when it suited him, just as he uses being half black. He's souless, like I have said... repeatedly.

KSL
KSL 06/09/09 - 06:14 pm
If Rose wants to penalize the

If Rose wants to penalize the AC for comments and editorials perhaps she should rethink posting here. After all, they make money indirectly off the number of posts that appear.

Rose
Rose 06/09/09 - 06:25 pm
KSl if I stop posting, it

KSl if I stop posting, it won't be your doing.

it-is-ok
it-is-ok 06/09/09 - 06:26 pm
back in the day- an ounce

back in the day- an ounce jigger blood made you black. so what -now you have change the dna. Furthermore-it started on the plantation. if he would stayed in the main house. this would be an issue. White have invented the game and the minority have become professionals at it. Dont hate the player-hate the game. we aint mad no more. I am sorry we are not mad anymore.

KSL
KSL 06/09/09 - 06:36 pm
Of course not, Rose. And I

Of course not, Rose. And I don't want you to stop posting. Why should I, except that you are pretty mean from time to time. I'm just pointing out to you that your punishment of the AC for their editorials, etc, you might also want to consider the income they derive from posts.

it-is-ok
it-is-ok 06/09/09 - 06:40 pm
ergo; you are right about one

ergo; you are right about one thing. white/black have been justly discriminated in our country from both sides. His presence as the President lets us know that white and black are finally united into one. Since it was white lawmakers that made rule on how to identify a mixed person. Don't blame it on the media. Blame it on lawmakers. Blame it on the box that ask what is your race. No dont do that- just blame it on the sunshine that tanned him up.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/09/09 - 06:43 pm
It is ok, whats to be mad

It is ok, whats to be mad about, besides our corrupt political system. White man made the laws?

it-is-ok
it-is-ok 06/09/09 - 06:49 pm
milton1874- if you have read

milton1874- if you have read my blog- i said we are not mad anymore. duh

Ohio truck wreck kills Aiken man, 3 thoroughbred horses

LAKE MILTON, Ohio - Travelers on a northeast Ohio highway say they found themselves acting as wranglers and makeshift veterinarians after a trailer crash killed an Aiken man and three horses.