Cartoon an insult to president

Rick McKee's editorial cartoon (Augusta Chronicle, June 6) depicting President Obama apologizing for D-Day to a fully uniformed Adolf Hitler, was neither funny, appropriate, informative nor true in any sense.

It was a disgusting display of garbage thrown at the president of the United States by the Augusta Chronicle.

Of course, its intention was to denigrate the president's speech at Cairo where the president did apologize for the quagmire in Iraq orchestrated by George Bush and Dick Cheney. Whatever its intent, it insulted every soldier who fought and the many who died fighting fascism led by Hitler. It belittled the tremendous leadership of Presidents Roosevelt and Truman during and after Word War II.

The editorial board, which approved the cartoon, obviously did not watch, just one day before, the moving ceremony of President Obama and the survivor Elie Wiesel at Buchenwald where 53,000 Jews and thousands of others were killed on direct orders of Hitler. The president denounced forcefully Hitler's killing camps and denounced the revisionists who claim the Holocaust never occurred.

If there is an apology to be made, it should be Rick McKee and the Chronicle begging to apologize to our president and all those who died horribly at the camps and those who fought and died for the victory over the Nazis.

Lowell Greenbaum

Chairperson, Richmond County Democratic Party

southernguy08
southernguy08 06/09/09 - 01:12 pm
WILLISTON, please engage your

WILLISTON, please engage your brain before you post. I never said that any newspaper put a cartoon like this about Bush on. I said that there was plenty of crap fired at Bush by newspapers and others during his 8 years. I know it's hard, but try not to show your leftist ignorance, Jovan, I mean, Williston. Hey, NIKO, good to see your post. I need a laugh.

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 06/09/09 - 01:22 pm
shivas and Bizkit, the person

shivas and Bizkit, the person is JS EE, not IS EE. Just a reminder.

ITDoc
ITDoc 06/09/09 - 01:47 pm
So because McKee has an

So because McKee has an opinion different than yours, you think he should apologize. You are so arrogant, and you think everyone should agree with you. Guess what. Life is not that way.You are not better than McKee or anyone who agrees with him.

ITDoc
ITDoc 06/09/09 - 01:53 pm
When the cow fart tax is

When the cow fart tax is passed, Rose will have to pay for every exhalation.

Rose
Rose 06/09/09 - 01:57 pm
So what if I agree with the

So what if I agree with the letter? So what? I know most of you disagree with the letter. In my 1:04 post I was referring to what peanuts said this morning. Greenbaum has nothing to apologize for.

Rose
Rose 06/09/09 - 02:02 pm
As for Augusta Chronicle, a

As for Augusta Chronicle, a lot of people are not buying their newspaper because of the editorials and comments by right wing fanatics. I buy about 2 a month as bedding for Rambo's cage. If AC does not change their tune soon, I will change newspapers.

3M3T1B
3M3T1B 06/09/09 - 02:08 pm
NOBAMA, Obozo, BHO, obamoron,

NOBAMA, Obozo, BHO, obamoron, etc., - so clever. so witty. When you see stuff like that you know there's no need to waste time reading the rest of the comment....

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 06/09/09 - 02:19 pm
Right back at you, Southern

Right back at you, Southern Guy. The right makes me laugh as well. And even cry sometimes too!

Rose
Rose 06/09/09 - 02:21 pm
I know what you mean 3M3T1B.

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 06/09/09 - 02:23 pm
Hey Rick McKee, why don't you

Hey Rick McKee, why don't you draw a Muslim sitting on the toilet and reading a Koran. Then publish it in the Middle East. Then perhaps you could do the illustrations on a book with Salmon Rushdie in seclusion somewhere. Now there's a scenario that I'd like to see happen.

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 06/09/09 - 02:25 pm
Rose, my subscribe when you

Rose, my subscribe when you can read it online for free. Why give ACES any of your money at all. Even a penny. It's not worth what they publish.

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 06/09/09 - 02:26 pm
I meant to say WHY subscribe.

I meant to say WHY subscribe.

Geistlich
Geistlich 06/09/09 - 02:30 pm
AAQueen, sorry, I hired the

AAQueen, sorry, I hired the young man in the first place. My nationality is.....wait for it.... AMERICAN! An educated American, with AmerInd ancestors. Did you not notice the comment about the quality of his character not the tone of his skin. Or did that one go over your head?

R2
R2 06/09/09 - 02:30 pm
President Obama is far too

President Obama is far too busy to read or take notice of this local paper. Comments and pictures are about all the losing side can give. Who cares?

southernguy08
southernguy08 06/09/09 - 02:47 pm
NIKO, tears of joy I'm sure.

NIKO, tears of joy I'm sure. I agree with you on the reading online. I do the same with the liberal rags like AJC, LA Times, and Washington Post. I love reading what the libs write. Their usual lack of logic is always good for a laugh. Oh, R2, it wasn't that long ago that yours was the losing side. Times change, and they can change for Obama as well, and not the way he wants. The silent majority have the last word.

southernguy08
southernguy08 06/09/09 - 02:48 pm
Sorry, I meant to say the

Sorry, I meant to say the silent majority has the right word.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/09/09 - 02:54 pm
Why don't the dems rename the

Why don't the dems rename the PAYGO to TAXGO, because they are not going to cut any spending.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 06/09/09 - 03:00 pm
ITDoc (@1:53), I never

ITDoc (@1:53), I never thought of our Rose as a flame thrower waiting for a spark.

jack
jack 06/09/09 - 03:04 pm
So, voiceofconcern (aka

So, voiceofconcern (aka Yonce), I see you still haven't been able to grasp how to use punctuation. BTW, I coouldn't give a rat's azz less if BimbObama were from purple but am damn tired of him apoligizing to Europeans and the Rag Heads who would not exist today as they now do on the map were it not for all those white crosses spread from Africa, Italy, Nomandy,Belgium and elsewhere. This nation has contributed in blood, sweat and tears assuring millions their liberty and freedom. Iraq and Afghanistan being the latest. BimbObama needs to go! Next year is the time to turn out the DIMocRAT Socialist Party and return this nation to it historic principals. Greenbum, you owe US your an apology for the costant whining about your king BimbObama the Clueless.

jack
jack 06/09/09 - 03:08 pm
Oh and it was a great

Oh and it was a great cartoon. Obama has apologized to parts of the world that Americans has saved time and again with blood and lives. He apologized in Europe for our "arrogance". We have every right to be arrogant and tell them what to do as we saved that continent twice in the 20th century alone from facism.
Posted by overburdened_taxpayer on Tue Jun 9, 2009 8:24 AM....not to mention from communism.

ITDoc
ITDoc 06/09/09 - 03:12 pm
I know what you mean 3M3T1B.

I know what you mean 3M3T1B. I glanced at each comment, and read just a sentence of most of them. After all, to attempt to read past one sentence is certainly in excess of my extremely limited comprehension abilities.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 06/09/09 - 03:21 pm
And also of the comprehension

And also of the comprehension abilities of 3M3T1B...

ITDoc
ITDoc 06/09/09 - 03:26 pm
What I find most humorous

What I find most humorous about this thread: these same people who are complaining about McKee's cartoons are the same people too stupid to figure out how to comment on them directly. Nuff said.

jack
jack 06/09/09 - 03:26 pm
When Hugo Chavez says he is

When Hugo Chavez says he is proud of BimbObama because he makes him and Castro look like they are on the right, you know you sheeple have elected the right man to be the American President, don't you?

jack
jack 06/09/09 - 03:27 pm
Rose, my subscribe when you

Posted by Niko Mahs on Tue Jun 9, 2009 2:25 PM....If true, why are you on here? It is STILL the AC.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 06/09/09 - 03:45 pm
think Greenbaum should

think Greenbaum should apologize to the citizens of Augusta for his polluted opinions! Posted by ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts on Tue Jun 9, 2009 6:10 AM So because Greenbaum has an opinion different than yours, you think he should apologize. You are so arrogant, and you think everyone should agree with you. Guess what. Life is not that way.You are not better than Greenbaum or anyone who agrees with him.
Posted by Rose on Tue Jun 9, 2009 1:04 PM Rose you have your opinion and I have mine. I suggest you look deeply into a mirror before you begin a character attack on anyone else here!

southernguy08
southernguy08 06/09/09 - 03:46 pm
NIKO, I'm just curious about

NIKO, I'm just curious about your 2:23 post stating you'd like to see Rick McKee drawing a Muslim sitting on a toilet and reading the Koran. You seem to be bashing Rick McKee for the cartoon he drew of O recently, but your post in itself is a testament to the freedom of the press that Muslims despise, but we Americans protect, even when we don't like it. Can you explain without resorting to insults?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 06/09/09 - 03:49 pm
southernguy, it would be

southernguy, it would be easier to put a waterproof screen door on a submarine!

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 06/09/09 - 04:30 pm
It's just very simple

It's just very simple Southern Guy. The cartoon McKee drew was offensive without a doubt. The President I saw on TV at the Normandy graveyard or the Nazi concentration camp was not apologizing to Adolf Hitler at all. So the cartoon lacked truth as well as merit. So I agree with McKee's freedoms as an American, but I don't agree with this cartoon. Just like the Muslims did not agree with cartoons that offended them. So if McKee had any guts whatsoever (like Hannity wanting to be waterboarded!) then he would do the cartoon that I suggested. But then he will not because he has not the courage of his poor convictions.

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 06/09/09 - 04:36 pm
And I do like reading Herr

And I do like reading Herr Krauthammer in the Washington Post. I even like to watch Faux Noise for laughs and when I am ill with an upset stomach and need to vomit. It sure beats sticking your finger down your throat.