Cartoon an insult to president

Rick McKee's editorial cartoon (Augusta Chronicle, June 6) depicting President Obama apologizing for D-Day to a fully uniformed Adolf Hitler, was neither funny, appropriate, informative nor true in any sense.

It was a disgusting display of garbage thrown at the president of the United States by the Augusta Chronicle.

Of course, its intention was to denigrate the president's speech at Cairo where the president did apologize for the quagmire in Iraq orchestrated by George Bush and Dick Cheney. Whatever its intent, it insulted every soldier who fought and the many who died fighting fascism led by Hitler. It belittled the tremendous leadership of Presidents Roosevelt and Truman during and after Word War II.

The editorial board, which approved the cartoon, obviously did not watch, just one day before, the moving ceremony of President Obama and the survivor Elie Wiesel at Buchenwald where 53,000 Jews and thousands of others were killed on direct orders of Hitler. The president denounced forcefully Hitler's killing camps and denounced the revisionists who claim the Holocaust never occurred.

If there is an apology to be made, it should be Rick McKee and the Chronicle begging to apologize to our president and all those who died horribly at the camps and those who fought and died for the victory over the Nazis.

Lowell Greenbaum

Chairperson, Richmond County Democratic Party

mad_max
mad_max 06/09/09 - 10:28 am
So true Fiat Lux....if color

So true Fiat Lux....if color was even a factor in my dislike for Obama and his policies, I would not be hating Pelosi and Reid as much or more than I hate Obama. Nothing to do with his color. A lot to do with all three of them racing toward socialism and massive taxing. The only place where race plays a part in my dislike for Obama is his racist agenda of supporting ACORN with taxpayer dollars, more welfare programs, and the sanctioning of the New Black Panthers voter intimidation. HE is the overt racist in this game but if you speak out against his policies his "constituents" call you the racist. Well, the race card ain't necessarily the trump card anymore. My "white guilt" has just about run it's course and I am reaching the conclusion that you can't fix stupid and lazy. As for the cartoon, the sentiment of "He has apologized to everyone else so he might as well apologize to Hitler" isn't that far off of the mark for a political cartoon about this great appeaser who seems to carry so much shame for his country. As for all of you idiots who keep saying Bush/Cheney engineered the war, please check the UN vote and all of the Democrats votes. You can lead a horse to water but........

disssman
disssman 06/09/09 - 10:30 am
Are the above comments the

Are the above comments the best the CONServatives could do to justify a really sick depiction of my president? I just wonder what you folks are going to say when Iraq starts waterboarding the contractors they arrested recently, to get the truth out of them? Isn't that the approved method for getting people to admit things now days?

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 06/09/09 - 10:35 am
I didn't see it, because I

I didn't see it, because I was too busy reading my wonderful LTE. But, if what Mr. Greenbaum said is true, then the AC and the ACES MUST apologize for what they did. A refusal to do so would make the Augusta Chronicle the most anti-American newspaper in America -- literally.

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/09/09 - 10:38 am
Water boarding has been

Water boarding has been deemed illegal so it is a message not to waterboard- not a license to do so. What kind of logic is that. So are you saying Obama started this issue by declassifying documents just because he knows admitting this error will precipiate more soldier will likely be tortured? With that logiic we should all want Obama impeached for such negligence and causing americans to be tortured.

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 06/09/09 - 10:38 am
Well, I just saw the cartoon

Well, I just saw the cartoon and Mr. Greenbaum is spot on in his LTE. I ought to show this to my mother and finally it will convince her NOT to spend $1.50 every Sunday on this trash.

KSL
KSL 06/09/09 - 10:39 am
dissman, just curious, can

dissman, just curious, can you point to a post where you objected to an equally "sick depiction" of your president when Bush was in office? There were plenty of them. I would suspect the contractors would prefer to be waterboarded over decapitation.

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/09/09 - 10:44 am
Willi, A refusal would

Willi, A refusal would constitute a resistance to fascism and a glorification of the Constitution. We even have to tolerate your opinions-no matter how misguided. America is great because we have freedom but the only catch is we often must learn to tolerate the intolerable. Besides the cartoon is spot on as Obama is an "apologist president" and he is selective in what he apologizes for-mostly issue he has empathy. He has apologized to muslims for what? What have we done to muslims but try to help them in Bosnia and allow them freedom to pursue their religion here. We buy their oil. We removed a evil ruler from Iraq that all the area were afraid of including the Iranians-and this was a Clinton-Bush endeavor. We aren't the only country that has meddled in the region with the Brits and USSR and a long history of others.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/09/09 - 10:52 am
I do disagree with the

I do disagree with the cartoon, Obama does not have big eyebrows.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 06/09/09 - 10:58 am
I absolutely don't hate

I absolutely don't hate Obozo, but I sure do hate what he is doing to our country. For him personally, I feel alarm and concern. Anyone who swears an oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States with his hand on the Bible (or a Koran for that matter), is putting himself in a very bad place on a multitude of levels by breaking that oath and undermining the security and welbeing of his nation. I don't hate him, but I worry about him a lot. He just seems souless to me. And I, like Pammy (10:30), think he might simply be a dupe.

southernguy08
southernguy08 06/09/09 - 11:00 am
Hey JOVAN, I mean WILLISTON.

Hey JOVAN, I mean WILLISTON. When exactly did any newspaper ever apologize for the crap they fired at Bush for 8 solid years? When did anybody? I guess the rules of insult have changed with this administration. So much for equality.

teapot
teapot 06/09/09 - 11:02 am
Another example of

Another example of "leadership" was this. The President says that he agrees with Iran having the freedom to "peaceful" nuclear technology (such as power production), The USA will however, erect windmills to produce power. Please note: this is not verbatim. It is also not an endorsement for the nuclear industry.

The President(who said himself) is not black nor white, he is of mixed ancestry. In my humble opinion, he is leading this country backwards. Also ... please do not belittle my 20 years of service in the military, nor my country's providing aid to many nations by "apologizing" to the people who wish to bring the USA down.

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 06/09/09 - 11:06 am
No left leaning newspaper

No left leaning newspaper ever put that pic up there with Bush and Hitler side by side, southernguy08. Even if we tried to force them to do so. Get your facts straight.

canyouhearme
canyouhearme 06/09/09 - 11:07 am
Hey willi and the rest of you

Hey willi and the rest of you obomoron sheeple, You don't like people making fun of the O???? Well, like ya'll say, "GET OVER IT"! As long as obowel movement is in office, the jokes and derogatory comments are here tostay!!

KSL
KSL 06/09/09 - 11:11 am
willi, I doubt that you know

willi, I doubt that you know that for a fact unless you daily researched all newspapers for the entire 8 years Bush was in office. But that is not the point. Political cartoons are what they are. By the way, Greenie's statements in his letter are not logical. At least we are done with him for another month.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 06/09/09 - 11:17 am
Why would they bother,

Why would they bother, Woolytownsc? They had Bill Maher handling that quite well, but with lots of vulgarity added in (http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2005/9/26/140138.shtml). And since the Saudis and Iranians were doing a great job for them, it would have been unseemly to have come right out and show outright support for our attackers and declared enemies in print.

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 06/09/09 - 11:21 am
kathysueloudermilk, if any

kathysueloudermilk, if any left-leaning newspaper would have put a pic of Bush and Hitler together, you'd better bet that this newspaper, the same one that put that kind of filth in their paper on Saturday, would be the first to call it out.

shamrock
shamrock 06/09/09 - 11:23 am
Lowell GreenBUM has done it

Lowell GreenBUM has done it again ... showed why he is an embarassment to his party and the Augusta area. First of all political cartoons are supposed to be insulting to someone ... or it isn't a political cartoon. Sorry it happened to insult his Obozoness but that is life!

KSL
KSL 06/09/09 - 11:24 am
I don't believe this

I don't believe this newspaper keeps up with what is placed in every newspaper in the United States, willi. If you think so, you are worse off that I thought. And you are a great one to talk about filth.

dixie
dixie 06/09/09 - 11:28 am
Freedom of the press and

Freedom of the press and freedom of speech. Why is it when Republicans do or say things that make Democrats uncomfortable, we have to stop, but the Dems can do or whatever they want and we just have to put up with it. Sit back and be patient. Obama's TRUE colors will come out and the world will see him for what he truly is.

js_ee
js_ee 06/09/09 - 11:30 am
Bizkit, I can only respect

Bizkit, I can only respect your comment as your opinion. All I'm saying is that you stated your opinion without the useless insults...the way it should be.

KSL
KSL 06/09/09 - 11:31 am
Same old double standard that

Same old double standard that they have always had. They scream freedom of speech until it is used against them.

shivas
shivas 06/09/09 - 11:36 am
Dear is ee, Our President is

Dear is ee, Our President is doing a wonderful job. You just have to understand that the right-wing has a philosophy of failure, and so they project those qualities upon others. Obama's speech in Cairo is now being credited for a pro-western victory in the Lebanese elections. There is also talk that this feeling of opportunity may translate to the Iranian election this Friday. The poor right-wing is so used to failing they just can't comprehend success. I actually feel sorry for them, and their Anti-American stance they have taken to. Let's pray for them to return to supporting their country. Their not being good role-models for our youth and future leaders.

KSL
KSL 06/09/09 - 11:39 am
bs

bs

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/09/09 - 11:53 am
I guess putting a KKK suit on

I guess putting a KKK suit on Bush was admirable.

Rose
Rose 06/09/09 - 11:53 am
I agree with Lowell

I agree with Lowell Greenbaum.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/09/09 - 11:55 am
Shivas, cross gender roles

Shivas, cross gender roles being taught by the progressive movement is an excellent Idea for our youth?

lowellbrown
lowellbrown 06/09/09 - 12:00 pm
I do not understand how

I do not understand how Lowell Greenbaum's remarks aroused such paranoia in some people. I did watch the D-Day ceremonies on CNN and they were indeed moving. I found McKee's cartoon small-minded and offensive. That was his two cents' worth, this is mine, although I couldn't have said it better than Greenbaum did.

Rose
Rose 06/09/09 - 12:04 pm
I think Greenbaum should

I think Greenbaum should apologize to the citizens of Augusta for his polluted opinions!
Posted by ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts on Tue Jun 9, 2009 6:10 AM So because Greenbaum has an opinion different than yours, you think he should apologize. You are so arrogant, and you think everyone should agree with you. Guess what. Life is not that way.You are not better than Greenbaum or anyone who agrees with him.

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 06/09/09 - 12:06 pm
Rick McKee and the ACES are

Rick McKee and the ACES are Neocon Prostitutes.

frontporch
frontporch 06/09/09 - 12:07 pm
Mr. Greenbaum, Obama has

Mr. Greenbaum, Obama has chosen to apologize to all the evil villians of the world. It's no big secret! Rick McKee has only shared his talent, with the truth. Relax.

Christmas Eve storm possible

ATLANTA - Forecasters say strong storms, some with the potential for isolated tornadoes, are possible over large parts of Georgia on Christmas Eve.