Cartoon an insult to president

Rick McKee's editorial cartoon (Augusta Chronicle, June 6) depicting President Obama apologizing for D-Day to a fully uniformed Adolf Hitler, was neither funny, appropriate, informative nor true in any sense.

It was a disgusting display of garbage thrown at the president of the United States by the Augusta Chronicle.

Of course, its intention was to denigrate the president's speech at Cairo where the president did apologize for the quagmire in Iraq orchestrated by George Bush and Dick Cheney. Whatever its intent, it insulted every soldier who fought and the many who died fighting fascism led by Hitler. It belittled the tremendous leadership of Presidents Roosevelt and Truman during and after Word War II.

The editorial board, which approved the cartoon, obviously did not watch, just one day before, the moving ceremony of President Obama and the survivor Elie Wiesel at Buchenwald where 53,000 Jews and thousands of others were killed on direct orders of Hitler. The president denounced forcefully Hitler's killing camps and denounced the revisionists who claim the Holocaust never occurred.

If there is an apology to be made, it should be Rick McKee and the Chronicle begging to apologize to our president and all those who died horribly at the camps and those who fought and died for the victory over the Nazis.

Lowell Greenbaum

Chairperson, Richmond County Democratic Party

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 06/09/09 - 08:24 am
Oh and it was a great

Oh and it was a great cartoon. Obama has apologized to parts of the world that Americans has saved time and again with blood and lives. He apologized in Europe for our "arrogance". We have every right to be arrogant and tell them what to do as we saved that continent twice in the 20th century alone from facism.

irenedot
irenedot 06/09/09 - 08:32 am
So right overburdened.

So right overburdened. Wonder what would happen if our President were to not rush to another countries aid when conflict arises. Just bring our boys home line our borders, kick out all that are not AMERICAN citizens, and let the rest of the world see how long it would survive without some help from us when they are being attacked.

shivas
shivas 06/09/09 - 08:33 am
Chill-out southern boy, your

Chill-out southern boy, your disability check is in the mail, and there's a special on Marlboro's at the Quickie Mart.

AAQueen
AAQueen 06/09/09 - 08:37 am
Geistlich What is your

Geistlich What is your nationality, one of Hitlers ancestors. Don't pat yourself on the back for recommending a black for your job; he probaly deserved it before you. I see why Justus write the way he does; he dosen't have to comment on the article but on the prejudice/racist BS spewed in these comments.

And for all you scholars out there I see when you can't attack a person on their opinion you attack them on their writting/sp. This ain't no law school review. LOL

irenedot
irenedot 06/09/09 - 08:40 am
Shivas, great going you were

Shivas, great going you were able to insult all diabled people with your comment. Amazing how many people write comments that are so myopic.

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/09/09 - 08:43 am
Lowell Greenbaum needs to

Lowell Greenbaum needs to apologize to the readers and Rick McKee for wanting to suppress his constitutinal rights and expressing his opinion (what a fascist). The govt subsidizes "art" where you can urinate in a bottle place a crucifix in there and it is called an artistic expression of opinion. Funny Greenbaum mentioned Hitler who also suppressed freedoms of speech.

Seashells
Seashells 06/09/09 - 08:46 am
George Bush got done the same

George Bush got done the same way.
People don't have respect for the Presidents. The press thinks they are fair game.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 06/09/09 - 08:46 am
Shivas, justus and aaqueen,

Shivas, justus and aaqueen, now all we need are rose and RCR and we can have a racebaiters reunion!

christian134
christian134 06/09/09 - 08:47 am
Southernboy = disability and

Southernboy = disability and KKK---Shivas = welfare and Black Panthers---Does that pretty well assess your comments Shivas?...How does it feel to be thought of as a certain class of people just because one happens to disagree with the obvious ignorance accompanied by a heavy dose of Socialist dogma this Obama displays...Yep if one does not like the current Presidents politics one is considered a racist southern with a ties to the KKK as well as burning of crosses...Does that sum of your feelings Shivas? The color of this current President is all and I do mean all many whom voted for this man saw...Black as well as whites succumbed to the numbing down of the masses simply because "history" was being made and life was going to get supremely better living off the backs of the wealthy...

irenedot
irenedot 06/09/09 - 08:55 am
Well said christian!!!!!

Well said christian!!!!!

GnipGnop1
GnipGnop1 06/09/09 - 08:56 am
I think the chronicle should

I think the chronicle should apologize for printing your letters every few months. Your words are more distasteful than a cartoon. Even worse you use your wife to further your ignorant liberal agenda.

TechLover
TechLover 06/09/09 - 09:14 am
christian: I'm sure plenty

christian: I'm sure plenty voted against Obama due to the color of his skin as well.

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/09/09 - 09:16 am
It is easy to see that

It is easy to see that Greenbaum has become a mindless ideologue. For the last years of Bush's administration he voiced his strong opposition of Bush's power grab for executive power and expanding the govt. But now with Obama who is expanding govt more than anyone in recorded history, also is in a power grab for more executive power, and then takes over a private auto industry and is moving to take over more-they say nothing. Blind ideology-but it isn't color blind ideology eh. I fully concede Bush was a terrible president, but Obama goes beyond adjectives to describe. I guess if Hillary were Prez doing the same thing then all the opposition would be chauvenistic misogynistic bigots. See if you can't argue with the argument you shoot or destroy the credibility of the messenger. That should be called the Democratic Dodge Ball.

southernguy08
southernguy08 06/09/09 - 09:22 am
SHIVAS, I don't have time to

SHIVAS, I don't have time to buy Marlboros. I'm working all day. Somebody has to pay for all these promises the annointed one has made. And sorry to disappoint you, but I don't get disability. From the sound of your posts, your mental retardation would probably qualify you for it.

southernguy08
southernguy08 06/09/09 - 09:23 am
CHRISTIAN, great post!

CHRISTIAN, great post!

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/09/09 - 09:25 am
Southerguy. Shivas is (use to

Southerguy. Shivas is (use to be??) a christian so he gets his money on Sundays when they pass the offering plate he grabs a handful of money. It is the Dem mentality of taking what is rightfully theres, what they deserve, and it is my free ride. hee,hee,hee. They call it wealth redistribution. He learned his lesson well from his "Massiah".

momofteens
momofteens 06/09/09 - 09:48 am
I could care less what color

I could care less what color his skin is as log as he does his job and protects this country. I served this great Nation my father served my 4 siblings have all served and now my son, who just returned from Iraq...what i do care about however is this QUIT APPOLOGIZING FOR US...if its too much to handle then step aside if its too tough morally then walk away but quit appologizing for me as an American!!!

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 06/09/09 - 09:52 am
It was an entirely

It was an entirely appropriate cartoon. Obozo should be bowing his head and humbly apologizing to all the soldiers and their families for belittling their presence and their sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan. If liberal politicians and social engineers in the US and Europe hadn't been such blind fools, if they'd had any clue about the peoples and cultures they were trying to 'liberate' (read: manipulate) over the past 50 years, we never would have had to deal with this mess in the first place. Greenbaum is a quintessential example of that kind of blockheadedness that has nothing to do with reality. Shivas is his disgusting twin.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 06/09/09 - 10:03 am
Obozo's race has never been

Obozo's race has never been an issue with the vast majority of Americans, despite the delusional opinions of twits like Shivas and Justus4 (and, of course, Greenbomb). It's his determination to push the US into Marxism and socialism that is alarming a mushrooming number of Americans. Obozo, who was foisted on to America and the world by the MSM, makes Bill Clinton look conservative and like a paragon of insight and wisdom. But, heh, this dangerous fiasco may have been just what we needed to kick us awake to just how far off track we have gotten over the last 25 years. God help us and protect us.

justthefacts
22079
justthefacts 06/09/09 - 10:12 am
Tech, do you really think

Tech, do you really think that a lot of Democrats voted against Obama because of his color? Really?

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 06/09/09 - 10:23 am
Actually, I think

Actually, I think Christian134 @ 8:47 was more correct than my 9:52 comment. But, I don't believe Obozo's race was anywhere near as important to white Americans as it was to black Americans, for exactly the reasons Christian134 cited. It's terribly sad, really, and shows that no amount of equality or even affirmative action will ever make a difference when what a person wants is payback or revenge.

AsItIs
AsItIs 06/09/09 - 10:30 am
Anyone notice that President

Anyone notice that President Present makes regular trips to the European continent? Me thinks he goes back for more instructions, because he can only remember about 6 months worth at a time. What will UAE suggest that he do next to dismantle the USA? Check back every few months, O. They'll have a new list.

js_ee
js_ee 06/09/09 - 10:32 am
It amazing how all of you

It amazing how all of you people think our prez is doing such a horrible job, an insult to our country, and full of the insulting names for the leader of our country (like it or not), but you have nothing positive to offer to right the wrongs. If you are so much a better person, why didn't you run for the office? I'd like to see just one of you name callers win an office, much less do a better job. I don't agree with all of his decisions, but I respect him as a man and will not insult his name, just as I will all of you who will have some stupid name for me in response. I understand that sometimes you just have to let the haters hate and hurt them with love and respect!

KSL
KSL 06/09/09 - 10:49 am
Why do you and others here

Why do you and others here think that when people disagree with Obama's policies and speak out against them that it is because of hatred? I'm sick and tired of being called crybaby or pathetic losers or hater because of being a fiscal conservative, a person that does not believe the federal government should be poking it's nose into just about every aspect of our lives, a person who believes in the individual being responsible for taking care of himself.

BarstoolDreamer
BarstoolDreamer 06/09/09 - 10:59 am
KKK, black panthers, all

KKK, black panthers, all white media, trailer parks....Like I have said many times before.....stereotypes ARE a timesaver!

js_ee
js_ee 06/09/09 - 11:04 am
I understand people will

I understand people will disagree (just like I said I don't agree with his every word), but why does that have to turn into disrespect? You are sick and tire of the name calling...just look at the name calling in the posts above!?!? I'm just saying people can disagree without insulting and respectfully. I used the term hater for those who actually have hatred in there heart, I'm not using it for any one person...I don't know any of you, but you have to admit that you can see hatred in some of the comments on this site...from both sides.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/09/09 - 11:13 am
I remember bush being drawn

I remember bush being drawn as a monkey! What would happen if they did that to Obama? It is an editorial cartoon. People in the public are going to be ridiculed, why get offended? Isn't that what editorial cartoons are for?

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/09/09 - 11:15 am
is ee. I have a lot of

is ee. I have a lot of suggestions to right the wrongs of Obama. Stop with the move towards social democracy and mixed markets and let capitalism and the rule of law hold. Pull out of both Iraq and Afghanistan. Leave GITMO open. Stop with the excess spending and govt expansion. The govt is the fasting growing job market and probably where most of the 4 million jobs Obama promises will be- govt jobs. Let the Bankruptcy laws prevail with GM and stay the heck out of it and quit throwing billions more into a failed and wasted effort. Stop torture and regulate abortion with a continuity of logic by recognizing the dignity and sanctity of life-in or out of the womb (allow legal abortions but not as a form of birth control). Should I go on. Make mention of errors our country has made but don't apologize-just recognize the error and mention how all countries are guilty of such but at least the U.S. tries to address the problems. Demonstrate a respect towards Islam but emphasize how they need to tolerate and develop respect for other eastern or western religions (even tolerance within Islam and their divisions).

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/09/09 - 11:18 am
Directly deal with N. Korea

Directly deal with N. Korea and Iran and tell them U.N. sanctions or not that any further actions considered "hostile" will be met with direct action. The message should be we are willing to negotiate but if you don't want to play then we will have to directly neutralize the situation. Quit letting them dick us around with their little mind games.

KSL