Why don't pro-lifers prevent births?

An abortion clinic doctor, who is protected by the laws of his state and country, is killed for being a "baby butcher" by a pro-lifer who believes he is also doing mankind a good deed. I would like to know why the pro-lifers aren't targeting the people who need to be targeted in this sad state of affairs: the human animal. What happened to personal responsibility in taking steps to ensure that a baby that isn't wanted isn't created in the first place? Why aren't pro-lifers taking their message to the ones who need it -- all boys and girls and men and women of child-bearing age who want to have sex but don't want the consequences of children? It's called birth control, and if that is also considered murder by these folks, then preach abstinence. Murdering one abortionist doctor is not the answer to solving the problem of irresponsible sexual behavior. In fact, if these people are so against murder in the first place, what is it they call this recent abomination in a church?

Cyndy Myers

Evans

GGpap
GGpap 06/07/09 - 02:06 am
Just a reminder folks, this

Just a reminder folks, this lady is not asking why you are so adamantly opposed to abortions. I'd bet a few dollars that the posts will soon turn to why abortion is murdeeeeeer! I'll just sit his one out and wait for the "spin" from the pro-lifers. GGpap

GACopperhead
GACopperhead 06/07/09 - 03:29 am
We do try to educate, GGPAP,

We do try to educate, GGPAP, but your ilk don't believe in keepimg it's legs closed and zippers zipped. Abstinence is the only 100% way to prevent pregnancy and STDs, but that might mean exercising self control. It is the people out there who give condoms in school, preaching "They're gonna do it anyway!". Giving them condoms, that are misused or "forgotten" is tacit approval to become sexually active. Removing the "stigma" of unwed pregnancy, approval of homosexuality, divorce and abortion as an easy form of BIRTH CONTROL all add up to the answer of your question, Ms. Myers. WE DO adopt, WE DO try to educate. It's your easy life, no morals solutions that end up causing the problem, because 'the ones who need it -- all boys and girls and men and women of child-bearing age who want to have sex but don't want the consequences of children" shouldn't be HAVING SEX IF THEY DON'T WANT CHILDREN!!!!!

HotFoot
HotFoot 06/07/09 - 07:03 am
GACopperhead, this is one of

GACopperhead, this is one of your hot buttons. You've said on numerous times that you've been chaste for something like 7 years (correct me if I'm wrong) but that is not the norm. Some people, especially young people, have sex drives that challenge their better natures. You can preach self control all you want, but obviously it's just not an issue for you. Your last statement is ridiculous, pure and simple. Don't have sex if you don't want children. Let's see....so that means you get to have sex maybe 3 or 4 times in your life? No thanks, pal. Birth control (not abstinence education, which has been proven over and over to be utterly ineffective--the education, not abstinence itself) is the only way to go.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 06/07/09 - 07:14 am
It isn't up to pro-lifers to

It isn't up to pro-lifers to PREVENT pregnancies. It is up to the two people conceiving that child to prevent the pregnancy in the first place - not as an afterthought. You don't want it then don't conceive it in the first place. Use birth control before not after!!!!! Face the facts, we are animals and all animals have a sex drive to some degree or another. The difference with human animals is that we have the means and ability to make decisons that prevent pregnancy instead of aborting it.

southernguy08
southernguy08 06/07/09 - 07:17 am
Good post, GACOPPERHEAD. Ever

Good post, GACOPPERHEAD. Ever since Bill Clinton was excused for lying to the country under oath, personal responsibility has been something David Letterman makes jokes about. You can scream abstinence and practicing contraception until you're blue in the face, but if people, especially young people, don't listen and believe that if a pregnancy occurs abortion is just a car ride away, then what good does it do? And GGAP, Operation Rescue, the country's biggest abortion opponent, immediate put out a press release condemning the murder of this doctor. What more do you want, except for all abortion opponents to drop dead?

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/07/09 - 07:36 am
When a person smokes too much

When a person smokes too much and drinks too much and ends up with lung cancer and cirrhosis of the liver is it their fault and now they have to live with the consequences? Of course, thus we choose what risks we want to take and take the consequences too. Plenty of birth control for men and women now, but obviously don't bother when abortion is now birth control. I would hope all people are pro-life but apparently many have no respect for human life. I am pro-life but support legal abortion, but I am not pro-choice. Abortion should never be a form of birth control for the masses. If people used birth control (which they don't) then I guarantee you less than a sixth of all pregnancies this year will end in abortion as usual. I support legal abortions but not for sorry [filtered word] lazy subhumans who don't bother with birth control. Birth control abounds and is easily accessible but many are too stupid are too lazy to bother. A society that doesn't recognize the conceptus as a human being is lacking in humanity, and ignorant of biology.

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/07/09 - 07:51 am
Abortion should be available

Abortion should be available but little availed. It should be the rare "of I screwed up" occassion. But now we have young girls having mutiple abortions and now studies indicate many are having problems giving birth later in life. Without recognizing the conceptus as human then people will continue to be callous and lazy, rather than realize how important prevention is in the equation.

sconservative
sconservative 06/07/09 - 07:57 am
Pro-lifers are indeed

Pro-lifers are indeed targeting boys and girls and men and women of child-bearing age with an abstinence until marriage message. You are just ignorant of the fact. Government schools' idea of sex education is to teach first graders how to put condoms on a banana, and then make sure every student has a government-issued condom at taxpayer expense. Tiller's killer is an aberration - not an example to be generalized to the entire pro-life group as you have falsely done.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 06/07/09 - 08:21 am
I'm not for abortion at all

I'm not for abortion at all but if it is going to happen then look at the silver lining in the cloud. The libs are just aborting away their future voter base.

canyouhearme
canyouhearme 06/07/09 - 08:38 am
Cyndy, killing the innocent

Cyndy, killing the innocent unborn is murder too. The good Dr was committing murder by Gods law and moral law. THOSE TWO LAWS TRUMP MISGUIDED, MAN MADE STATE AND FEDERAL LAW.

Ih8cc
Ih8cc 06/07/09 - 09:02 am
Cyndy Myers, you may be a

Cyndy Myers, you may be a little confused. Most pro lifers don't take life. You are lumping us all in with the shooter. That's ignorant. Cyndy you also asked, "what is it they call this recent abomination in a church?". May be you should go to church and find out what they call it. What I didn't understand is how anyone can agree that late term abortion, (the ones the "good" doctor performed) is ok. My conclusion with talking with people is they don't know really whats up....luckily this pro lifer is here to educate. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5168163 For the lefties who cant read, I've got a video for you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_W75zh1j2I

hurlyburly11
hurlyburly11 06/07/09 - 09:17 am
Perhaps something in the

Perhaps something in the water to sterilize the unwashed masses?

soldout
soldout 06/07/09 - 09:23 am
Sowing and reaping always

Sowing and reaping always works either for good or evil. It works for those who beiieve the God who said it and those who don't. Life is so simple we have to pay for help to mis-understand.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/07/09 - 09:40 am
I had a teacher named Cyndy

I had a teacher named Cyndy Meyers? Taught me in the sixth grade twice LMAO. After two years of me, I probably convinced her of abortion.

egan01
egan01 06/07/09 - 09:40 am
As long as the far right

As long as the far right insist on abstinence only educatio there will be a need for abprtion clinics.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/07/09 - 09:44 am
I am considered, by the

I am considered, by the Marxist on the board, a far right winger, I believe in the 5 year implant for all young girls along with the teachings of abstinence.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 06/07/09 - 09:46 am
Before you start bashing me

Before you start bashing me that it takes two I see it this way. I am a father of three boys, so I only have to worry about 3 guns. A father of a girl has to worry about a 1000 guns.

LadyCisback
LadyCisback 06/07/09 - 10:19 am
Solution.. eliminate the

Solution.. eliminate the welfare system and the unwanted pregnancies will decrease..

LaTwon
LaTwon 06/07/09 - 10:29 am
progressives are so easily

progressives are so easily duped. especially the minority ones.
a campaign of death against humanity and it is your right. obama's first act was to declare war on the unborn with my tax dollars. not only in america but africa. sanger, hillary, obama are all progressives. read the plan here.

bone
bone 06/07/09 - 11:00 am
short answer, mrs. myers: the

short answer, mrs. myers: the crowd who so appreciates public largesse in the right-to-an-abortion debate understands that each new illegitimate birf adds to the voting constituency of libs; how else are ignorant voters supposed to be created?

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 06/07/09 - 11:23 am
Cyndy, the difficult part of

Cyndy, the difficult part of trying to communicate with people who feel baby slaughter is good is that they (you) have a problem with knowledge (a tremendous lack there of) and the role of personal responsibility in everyday life. Contraception is the responsibility of the pro life? Contraception is murder? These concepts are so obscure and twisted on so many levels and are based on so many wrong assumptions. The quickest way to solve these millions of baby slaughters every year is prevention...on that we agree. The quickest way to prevent the needless pregnancies is by requiring the government subsidized to be spayed or neutered to remain eligible (or become eligible) for government subsidy. They should also be disqualified to vote while on subsidy (and for 370 days after). Abortions would fall by over 80% and the national debt would be shifted almost TOTALLY away from "needless social services". It'll never happen, because you "pro-slaughter" types are anti-responsibility and anti-accountability.

canyouhearme
canyouhearme 06/07/09 - 11:27 am
Also PT, they also need to be

Also PT, they also need to be drug tested as long as they are on the gov't dole! Cyndy probably would not approve of that either. Wonder how many abortions she's had!

noone
noone 06/07/09 - 11:28 am
"hey i'm a pro choice woman.

"hey i'm a pro choice woman. I can't be bothered with things like contraception or keeping my legs closed. my convienience is more important than a human life. i can create and destroy as many lives as i want to! Those unborn children have no rights. me me me me me me me its all about me me me me"

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 06/07/09 - 11:41 am
Pro-lifers believe in

Pro-lifers believe in Abstinence, which we all know does not work. Then when the baby is born, the pro-lifers deny any support. Baby, you are now on your own! That's really pro-life & the Christian fundamentalist thing to do!

canyouhearme
canyouhearme 06/07/09 - 11:49 am
niko, no one is pushing

niko, no one is pushing abstinance so much as they are BIRTH CONTROL and personal RESPONSIBILITY---Get it??

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 06/07/09 - 12:14 pm
no, canyou, Niko hears

no, canyou, Niko hears nothing not on NPR or CNN. Intellectual honesty, responsibility and accountability aren't on the list.

natchezwhite
natchezwhite 06/07/09 - 01:30 pm
Just curious here. How many

Just curious here. How many of the pro-lifers here support capital punishment? Probably no one answers.

LaTwon
LaTwon 06/07/09 - 01:34 pm
abstinence works 100% of the

abstinence works 100% of the time. but it takes morality, and self discipline, and self respect. i suppose you know nothing about these things niko.

LaTwon
LaTwon 06/07/09 - 01:37 pm
would that be capital

would that be capital punishment for criminals or innocent unborn? kill the innocent, coddle the murderer. typical progressive destruction of sanity.

howcanweknow
howcanweknow 06/07/09 - 02:16 pm
I'm still not sure what Ms.

I'm still not sure what Ms. Myers is saying. She doesn't seem to make much sense. I don't know anyone who calls birth control "murder". I've not heard any call for the murder of an abortionist. She seems confused. Niko, you are wrong. Abstinence is the only 100% effective birth control. It does work. What is lacking is the self-control and morality of people. Don't blame the pro-life movement for the fault of others who lack discipline and morality. Natchez, I think many/most pro-lifers support capital punishment. This has been explained many times previously. Once again: difference is that unborn/partially born children are 100% innocent. They've done nothing wrong. Someone convicted under the law of committing a capital offense deserves the full measure of just punishment allowed by that law. If that is capital punishment, then so be it. They forfeited their rights as a citizen when they took the life of another person. There's no protection for that worst-of-all criminal. In contrast, there must be protection for the innocent. So, your question is really irrelevant to the discussion.