l The 29th annual Robert Sapp Baseball Camp is accepting applications for its summer session to be held at Sweetwater Park in Thomson, May 25-29 . Camp runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and is for ages 7-14. The fee is $125 per player with a $10 discount for groups of five or more players. For more information, call the Thomson Recreation Department at (706) 595-2152, Robert Sapp at (770) 287-3309 or e-mail email@example.com.
- The Georgia Underclassmen Showcase will be held at Lake Olmstead Stadium on June 2. The showcase is for players that will enter the 10th, 11th and 12th grades during the 2009-10 school year and attracts many colleges and organizations. Cost is $100. Registration is available at www.georgiadugoutclub.com.
l The Dip Metress Basketball Academy will be held June 15-19 and Aug. 3-7 . The camp will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Thursday and from 9 a.m. to noon on Friday. Cost is $160. The camp is open to boys and girls in grades 1-11. For more information, call Dip Metress at (706) 667-4765 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- USC Aiken basketball will hold both the boys and girls three-day camps and the new parent/child camp at the convocation center this summer. The boys and girls camps for ages 6-17 will run from June 11-13 and June 29-July 1 . Camp hours are from 1-4 p.m. on June 11 and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. all other days. Cost is $110 for the first camp and $125 for the second per camper. The parent/child camp will run from June 12-13 . Any adult and child combination is eligible. Cost $125 for boarders and $95 for commuters. For more information, call (803) 641-3491 or e-mail email@example.com.
- The Skills 4 Life Basketball Club will hold its shooting camp on June 29-June 2 at Riverview Park Activities Center. The camp will run from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The camp is open to ages 6-18. Cost is $85 if paid in full by June 16 and $100 afterward. There is an additional discount for teams of eight or more. For more information, call Chuck Graham at (706) 294-5470, Sam Ward at (706) 495-7739 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
l The seventh annual Ringside/Comcast Augusta International Junior Boys/Girls Summer Boxing Classic will be held at May Park on June 25-27 . The tournament is open to boys and girls ages 9-16. Competition will take place at 7 p.m. each day and tickets are available at the door. Pre-registration will be available at www.ringside.com or by calling 1-877-4boxing.
l A football exposure camp will be held at Glenn Hills High School on Saturday for players in grades 9-12. Cost is $30. The camp will run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more information, call (706) 495-5606 or (706) 833-9242.
- The Augusta Razorbacks minor league football team is look for lineman for their upcoming season. If interested, contact Rubert Jenkins at (706) 829-2140.
- The Aiken/Edgefield District of the South Carolina Football Officials Association is looking for individuals interested in becoming football officials for the 2009 season and beyond. You must be a high school graduate or equivalent to join. For more information call Ron Paul at (803) 221-9218 or Steve Hook at (803) 649-3477.
- The Richmond Academy baseball team will hold a golf tournament on June 14 at Forest Hills. Cost is $300 for a team of four and $75 per individual. $10 discount if paid by June 1. For more information, call (706) 399-4617.
- The 23rd Annual National Veterans Golden Age Games is scheduled for June 1-5 in Birmingham, Ala. Events include swimming, bicycling, bowling, croquet, air rifle, golf, shuffleboard, horseshoes, discus and shot-put and others. For more information, please visit www.veterans goldenagegames.va.gov or call Patricia Fetzer at (205) 933-4396.
- The Augusta Ice Sports Center will hold its "Basic Skills Summer Camp" from June 22-26 . The camp is for ages 4-17 and costs $250. A $75 nonrefundable deposit will be due by May 31 . There is a 10 percent discount for a second family member. For more information, call (706) 863-0061.
- The Jefferson Hospital Foundation is sponsoring the Buzzard Blast 5K and 1-mile Run on May 30. Races begin at 8 a.m. For information and registration, visit www.buzzardblast.com.
- The GA-SC Bulls Soccer Club will be collecting new and gently used soccer equipment to donate to needy soccer communities both locally and internationally. The Bulls will collect cleats, soccer balls, old club uniforms and other equipment to donate. Players at East Georgia Regional Hospital and western Africa have been identified as groups to receive the equipment. For more information, contact Forrest Wimberly at email@example.com.
- The Augusta Games Adult Softball Tournament will be held June 6 at Diamond Lakes Regional Park. Entry fee is $200. For more information, call (706) 842-2682.
- Augusta Parks and Recreation is holding registration for its senior men's league. Members must turn 50 by this calendar year. League plays one night per week at Diamond Lakes. For more information, call Lida Gregg at (706) 842-2682.
- Augusta Prep will host its seventh annual volleyball camp on June 8-9 and June 22-26 . The middle school session will run from 9 a.m. to noon and the high school session will be held from 1-4 p.m. Cost is $50 for the first camp and $120 for the second. For more info, contact Rich Bland at (706) 414-6165 or firstname.lastname@example.org.