Two criminals probably weren't expecting the goods they got when they robbed a man at gunpoint.
According to a Richmond County sheriff's report, a North Augusta man told officers he was robbed about 9 p.m. Saturday in the 600 block of Reynolds Street by two men who escaped with a bag containing two Bibles.
The victim said the two men approached him and pulled out a black handgun.
In addition to the Bibles, the bag contained a toothbrush, toothpaste and an umbrella, according to the report.
The first man is described as black, about 5 feet 11 and 160 pounds. The second is described as black, about 5 feet 7 and 140 pounds.
Thief holds man at gunpoint for clothes
An Augusta man told police an armed robber stole the clothes off his back Sunday.
According to a Richmond County sheriff's report, the victim was entering the stairwell of the Governor's Place Apartments building at 3211 Wrightsboro Road about 7 a.m. when a man wearing a black ski mask pointed a black Glock handgun at him and ordered him to remove his clothing. The man handed the victim a trash bag and ordered him to put the clothing and his belongings in the bag. The thief fled on foot to a path on the west side of the apartment building.
The man was described as black, in his 20s, about 6 feet 1 and 150 pounds.
Augustan says he was shot in foot from truck
An Augusta man told officers he was shot Sunday morning near Bungalow Road and Bahama Drive by a man in a pickup truck.
According to a Richmond County sheriff's report, the 20-year-old victim, who is black, said he was walking home from work at 3 a.m. Sunday when two white men in a truck began speaking to him. The victim said he kept walking and one of the men pointed a rifle out of the window and shot him in the foot.
The victim was taken to Medical College of Georgia.
The shooter was described as about 6-foot-3, 160 pounds and wearing camouflage clothing. No description was given for the other man.
- Crews will be closing a lane on both sides of Bobby Jones Expressway between Scott Nixon Memorial Drive and Wheeler Road from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. today until Friday.
- A portion of Marks Church Road at Jamaica Road will be closed from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. today until Friday.
- The westbound Interstate 20 ramp to Belair Road will be closed from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. today until Wednesday. Crews will also close the westbound I-20 ramp to Bobby Jones Expressway eastbound from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. today until Friday.
- Crews will be doing asphalt work on portions of the following roads this week: South Busbee Drive, Old Camp Long Road, Clemson Drive, Shadow Road, Yamassee, Mohawk Drive, Fairway Drive, Farrell Cooper Drive, Robinson Street, Hillview Circle, Sweetgum Lane, Sassafras Road, Allison Street, Willingham Court and Irene Street.
- There will be work crews repainting pavement markings on several roads this week: Baker Street, Burroughs Street, Steed Street, Smith Avenue, Herndon Dairy Road, Whaley Pond Road, Rushton Road and Chukker Creek Road.