Citizens need to head off government

Why did the people "wait" to protest? This seems to be the only question the left-wing media care about as they continue to bash the April 15 tea parties.

The answers are simple:

- Hope. The people had hoped that the "change" offered by President Obama would be good. It is not.

- Trust. The people trusted their elected officials to do what was right. They were disappointed.

- Belief. The people believed America was too big and powerful to fail. They now see that as a real possibility.

- The people became complacent and lazy. The years of prosperity brought about by Reaganomics lulled us into a zombie-like state. We had forgotten that prosperity and freedom require continued diligence and a watchdog attitude.

- Fear. The people are fearful for their future and that of their kids and grandkids.

- Forgetfulness. The people had forgotten that America is government for the people and by the people, and we the people quit participating in the system.

Without our input, the system is like letting a bad genie out of his bottle. He runs around granting wishes with no regard for the consequences. We want to reign the genie in -- put him back in the bottle. But the power we have unleashed in Washington will not be recaptured easily. Who in Washington, D.C., is going to vote to cut their own lifestyles and political power?

So we must cut it for them. That is why the people waited and recapturing the people's government is their mission.

Arlene Candy

Martinez

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/24/09 - 02:45 am
Well said Arlene. This is a

Well said Arlene. This is a bipartisan problem and needs to be handled as such. Obama did not bring us hope and did not bring positive change, he just brought partisan attacks and a huge debt increase for our nation. This needs to stop.

GGpap
GGpap 04/24/09 - 03:27 am
Ms. Candy, you are just one

Ms. Candy, you are just one more of the folks out there that prefer to "judge a wine before its time." Some of us are willing to give this administration a few more months, or years, to prove its actions; and the wine to "age to perfection." If you are a parent, and if your child comes home from school with a complaint that the teacher is MEAN, you may even be the one that decides, in the first week of school, that the teacher is an idiot and your child will probably fail because the teacher doesn't know how to teach. GGpap

GACopperhead
GACopperhead 04/24/09 - 04:42 am
There was a major protest on

There was a major protest on November 2. Remember it? It was called AN ELECTION!

jeelmy
jeelmy 04/24/09 - 05:38 am
This writer completely misses

This writer completely misses the mark. What is bipartisan is that Americans from both sides of the isle are still pointing their self righteous fingers at one another, instead of the true perpetrators of the ills of this country, and the world: the elites, and our elected who are bought out pawns to their ill gotten monetary windfall. The 2 party system is only one away from communism. Until the 2 sides open their eyes to the fact of little difference between the 2, and join as one, this country will continue on it's path to doom. Obama simply continued in the Bush vane. Our elected are so heavily rewarded by the elites, that we the people are the last consideration, if at all. Open your eyes folks! We must send a message as one, the bipartisan crap is exactly what the elites purpose is in keeping us divided....... so THAT nothing will change. Just as government has forgotten who they work, so have most of you, apparently. Who needs this spread of hate; it does nothing but cause defensiveness and anger, which is not win-win for anyone.

JENASIX
JENASIX 04/24/09 - 05:51 am
I visited the Tea Party in

I visited the Tea Party in Augusta,all protester were white who voted for Sen MCcain and Gov.Palin.PRES OBAMA change have upset some people mainly the elephant party and their grandchildren will not change the course the people will ride in the 2010 governor election.I will see you at the poll because your epistle to the editor is meaningless.

dhd1108
dhd1108 04/24/09 - 06:08 am
jeelmy you are right on.

jeelmy you are right on. there are a select few in the democratic republican party I have respect for. the rest are all talk when it comes to values, and seek only to enrich their own selves. in addition to keeping the heat on both parties by holding these protests, we need to help enlighten people about viable 3rd parties. Jenasix, enjoy that Georgia clay. You obviously have your head wrenched very hard into the ground.

jeelmy
jeelmy 04/24/09 - 06:50 am
Thanks dhd1108, but how do we

Thanks dhd1108, but how do we enlighten when the people don't want to know the truth? The book, War Is A Racket, can be read on line. It is quite short, nearly 100 years old, straight to the point, and is still true today, though to a greater degree. It was a tough pill for me to swallow when I figured out that I'd been wrong politically all my life, and so often I find people from both main parties, even those who finally come around to seeing what I tell them is true, STILL can't let go of their left/right leanings and finger pointing. When Americans finally figure out that it really is the elites and our elected who are against us, the sooner we will make our voices heard.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/24/09 - 07:10 am
History repeats itself. Let's

History repeats itself. Let's hope the TEA parties can head off the brown shirts before they come to visit after midnight.

GACopperhead
GACopperhead 04/24/09 - 07:19 am
The Brown Shirts were here

The Brown Shirts were here from 2000 til 2008, PT. Listening in on your phone, reading your mail and email. Hitler used the exact same arguments as you and the rest of the Republican party. History's repeating itself has, at least, been postponed for 4 years, hopefully for much longer.

shivas
shivas 04/24/09 - 07:33 am
These protests have changed

These protests have changed the country. Just the other day I could not locate one box of chamomile, and my sleep has sufferred. Only thing that helps is watching FOX News every night trying to convince everyone the tea parties were a national protest. My laughter tires me out.

jeelmy
jeelmy 04/24/09 - 07:38 am
I'm not banking on it, GAC.

I'm not banking on it, GAC. The folks we elect don't govern, the elites do. Pat, GAC, get in the middle and stop pointing your self righteous fingers. GAC, I was once one of you, even thought I'd like to meet you. A cool guy who thought the way I did. Read my posts above. We all MUST find a way to find our similarities, and stop aligning with the 2 major parties. Keeping us divided is something the elites need to continue in the same vane. I voted for Obama, even though I'd figured out a couple of week before the election that he was one of them, as the Bushes, Clinton's, all Presidents since FDR have been.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/24/09 - 07:56 am
Only by believing these

Only by believing these election year stories, Copperhead, can you justify you point of view. I know, truth isn't as important as party loyalty. History repeating itself.

TechLover
TechLover 04/24/09 - 08:00 am
Why are they protesting now?

Why are they protesting now? Because money is involved. Money is their true God. They stood by "their" President as he walked on the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 8th Amendments and shifted as much power as he could to the Executive Branch. Lacking the foresight to realize that Bush wouldn't be President forever ( or maybe they thought he would), they let him get away with it and in some cases even championed it. Now their party is out of power (and by a rather large margin) so they cry and whine and take the usual right wing tactic of having political theater (remember freedom fries?) instead of coming up with true ideas

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/24/09 - 08:06 am
TechLover, you really believe

TechLover, you really believe that crap? You're in for a rude awakening.

pofwe
pofwe 04/24/09 - 08:15 am
Load 'n' Lock.

Load 'n' Lock.

1941
1941 04/24/09 - 08:28 am
How in the hell can you know

How in the hell can you know if Obama,s plan is going to work in three months.You sound so stupid.If you have lost hope in three months, then you never had it in the first place.

southernguy08
southernguy08 04/24/09 - 08:28 am
GACOP, take another look. The

GACOP, take another look. The brownshirts never left, they just changed members. We have the same mentality in Washington now, they just go by the codename "change."

TechLover
TechLover 04/24/09 - 09:16 am
PT: Rude awakening? Are you

PT: Rude awakening? Are you saying that 0.2% of the population is going to have a revolution and overthrow our duly elected government? So much for the right wing believing in our system and our country. The "I'll take my ball and go home" attitude of the right wing is obvious. Let Murdoch, Rush, and crew continue to lead the right wing into oblivion. You lost the election, and if you keep going the way you are, will continue to lose many more in the future.

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/24/09 - 09:20 am
1941: Obowelmovement's "plan"

1941: Obowelmovement's "plan" was made plain during his campaign. Many of us who studied it then forecast the exact result being experienced at this time. How can we know his economic plan will fail? We study history. We learn from past failures. We do not depend on others to think or act for us. Business and the free market system does not respond to government meddling. If the government is the answer, why then are most government programs fraught with corruption and waste?

MandJ
MandJ 04/24/09 - 09:30 am
This stimulus and bailout

This stimulus and bailout fiasco is nothing more than a power grab on the part of the gov't. Accept Gov't (taxpayer) money and you suddenly have to play by their rules. The Gov't has gotten their hands on the housing market, auto market, insurance market, etc. Heck, there was money given to GM and Chrysler. Guess who's doing bankruptcy filings on these two? The Treasury! So the Gov't gives money to failing companies (on the taxpayer's dime) then forces them to file bankruptcy just two months later? Isn't there something fundamentally wrong here?

themaninthemirror
themaninthemirror 04/24/09 - 10:03 am
Any body who supports the

Any body who supports the changes that are being made by Obama are also in support of communism. Obama wants the government to have a hand in America's business so that government can dictate every part of our lives. If things go according to Obama's plans, the government will be able to put a limit on the incomes of American citizens no matter what your profession. Obama is already headed toward dictating what type of car we will drive in the future by the takeover of GM. If any one thinks Obama is doing anything for the working class, think again. Has he done anything to improve the quality of life for one working person so far? All he has done is continue his invasion into corporate America. More cars are being made now than can be sold. We, the people are the ones who need a bailout. No matter what your race, or political affiliation, you need to take a long hard look at what is going in Government, and ask your self if you really think you will be better off in four years under the current administration.

Lippy
Lippy 04/24/09 - 10:08 am
I find it unbelievable that

I find it unbelievable that ANYONE would agree with Obama's spending policies thus far in his term!?! Its like me going to the bank to get a loan to pay off all my bills, but instead of taking out what I need - I'll take out $3 Million and re-sod my front lawn, put up a windmill in the backyard, and buy my neighbor a new car. Shoot...I have to pay that back? I guess I'd better open my kids and grandkids piggy banks. You wanted to go to college? Nope - sorry...that money is going to pay for a new rug instead. RIDICULOUS! How can anyone - Rep/Dem/Ind - black/white/red/orange/green - think this is okay?!?

mad_max
mad_max 04/24/09 - 10:09 am
The writer is correct. We the

The writer is correct. We the people generally put our government on cruise control and do not really pay that much attention. That is because we normally have the good sense to keep a balance in our government. President from one party, congressional majority from the other but not an absolute majority. But every once in while, due to fear or anger, we really screw up and put all of the KOOKS and RADICALS from one party in charge of everything. We have done that again and will now suffer the consequences until the voters revolt and change things. Never, I repeat, never should we give one party an absolute, unbreakable majority in the House and Senate and also give them the presidency. It is, and always has been, bad for this country when the kook wing of either party is in charge and brother do we have the kook wing in charge with this crew. I do not think we could have made a deliberate search for the worst left wing group and come up with a more qualified crew of kooks than Obama, Pelosi, and Reid. Obama and a Republican Congress okay, McCain and a Democrat Congress okay. But this is too many nuts in one basket for too long of a time.

Lippy
Lippy 04/24/09 - 10:11 am
By the way - Jena Six....if

By the way - Jena Six....if you want ANYONE to believe you attended the tea party...then you can't claim EVERYONE that was there supported John McCain/Sarah Palin. The event was non-partisan....so get your stories straight, or get over yourself already.

whyohwhy
whyohwhy 04/24/09 - 11:03 am
Very good LTE, Arlene.

Very good LTE, Arlene. Thanks for being the voice of many.

disssman
disssman 04/24/09 - 11:22 am
ITDOC spoken like a real

ITDOC spoken like a real Limbaugh fan. Almost word for word what I have heard him say. I sincerely hope nothing happens to rush's voice, because then we would have a nation of mutes incapable of making decisions on their own without the Furhers direction.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/24/09 - 11:42 am
TechLover, am I showing my

TechLover, am I showing my age with the rude awakening comment. It's a term that means when you realize what you've been supporting and discover it's not just some school team, you're going to be shocked at how silly you've been. That's the rude awakening. You see, I don't believe you're stupid enough to keep backing this goofy guy once you get past the "first black president" b.s. .

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/24/09 - 12:33 pm
DISS: Thanks for the similie

DISS: Thanks for the similie for I listen not to any talk radio nor do I watch any political television. When people come to similar conclusions, it is strictly a trait of the left leaning people to recite word for word. When economic conservatives research for themselves, it's not surprising they reach the same conclusions without using the same word for word summaries. As for Limburger, he's a blowhard. I needn't people to think for me, which is why I didn't lose my retirement in the stock market, which is why my business is booming, and which is why I can pay my obligations timely. If you want to ruin anything good in America, let the government assume control.

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/24/09 - 12:36 pm
Another sterling example of

Another sterling example of the inability of the left to answer a straightforward question about policy. "Bush" "Limbaugh" "Cheney" are very tired substitutions and attempts at distraction from the issue about which the inquiry was asked. If the government is the answer to our problems, where are all the sterling examples of government run agencies/programs?

lifelongresidient
lifelongresidient 04/24/09 - 01:04 pm
gee ms. arlene and pat what

gee ms. arlene and pat what did "W" do in his first 100 days???? if it were 1-2 or more years then i feel i will be in a position to make determination of success or failure burt less that 100 days?!?!?!? you two people and those like you are the prototype definition of "prejudice", i did not say racist, those of you who don't know the differenc look it up. briefly prejudice means making a judgement or prejudging a person, situation or policy with out at least giving sufficient time to see what is going on or to obtain enuff information to make a true and balance decision...