Where's compassion toward others?

In reply to Lida Bellmer's letter ("Revolution against liberals is brewing," April 13), Ms. Bellmer is wrong on a couple of points.

First, President Obama has not tried to break the "spirit" of America but has instead tried to revitalize the sense of pride in the United States that the last president did his best to destroy in his quest of power.

Ms. Bellmer also is wrong about a revolution brewing. There already has been a revolution. It was called the election, where more than two-thirds of the electorate spoke loudly and clearly.

I notice that Ms. Bellmer lacks compassion toward people who made bad choices in buying a home. In her last line, Ms. Bellmer states that liberals "want to give anybody something for nothing." Since Easter has just passed, I want to ask Ms. Bellmer: Did not God give you something for nothing? Did Jesus say to give compassion and mercy only to these people, and not those people? Of course not. He said to love all men as your brothers.

There is no doubt that our country is going through hard times, but if we unite as a country and forget our political differences, then we can bring back the United States, and we can do great things for our country. I'm willing to try; how about you?

I was taught not to judge people, but it seems to me that Ms. Bellmer and people like her already have judged President Obama and given up on America. Shame on you!

Jay Collett

Augusta

KSL
KSL 04/15/09 - 10:53 pm
As for the letter, very

As for the letter, very shallow comments.

Rose
Rose 04/15/09 - 11:47 pm
Interrogator so now you are

Interrogator so now you are at me because my husband and I research our ancestors? Just get in touch with ancestry.com and ask them how many subscribers they have. To us it is interesting to learn about our ancestors. My dad's father died a few days before my dad's 3rd birthday. I knew hardly anything about him. I found his death certificate online and learned his parents names. I found his World War1 draft card. I found him in the census.I have been working with someone who worked for 40 yrs for a major university. His wife is on my tree. I found his great grandparents while I was searching for mine.He was very grateful for my help. He spends a lot of time with his and his wife's trees, and we help each other. I have a friend I met through ancestry.com who is connected someway to my tree, and she searches online and travels searching. She has helped me a lot. She is well educated. So don't come at me with your hateful remarks because I research my family.

Rose
Rose 04/15/09 - 11:54 pm
We don't go out drinking and

We don't go out drinking and spending a lot of money. We don't watch much tv, so we don't have HBO and other features that cost extra. We don't go to movies but about once a yr or 2. We enjoy spending time together and our hobby is researching our family trees. we subscribe to ancestry.com because we enjoy it. So don't try to pull that psychology on me, because it won't work.

Rose
Rose 04/16/09 - 12:01 am
Furthermore you are really

Furthermore you are really showing what a snob you are by saying what you did about my researching my family. My husband and I enjoy learning about the people in our past, and we don't need your approval.

Rose
Rose 04/16/09 - 12:14 am
No wonder you don't get along

No wonder you don't get along with your daughter-in-law. You try to control others, and tell them what to do. Now I am out of here.

WW1949
WW1949 04/16/09 - 01:03 am
I hope Pres Obama cuts out

I hope Pres Obama cuts out all this foreign aid to countries like Africa, Somilia, and all European countries. We need the money here to take care of our people.

KSL
KSL 04/16/09 - 01:16 am
Rose, stuff it. The daughter

Rose, stuff it. The daughter in law I get along with is the one who is adopted. She knows nothing about her background. The other one, since you brought it up, knows all about hers. Unfortunately, she does have issues with her past. They have nothing to do with me or my family and as a matter of fact, she has stated she wished she had our genealogy. I would never have brought this out except that you brought it up.

KSL
KSL 04/16/09 - 01:29 am
Furthermore I will tell you

Furthermore I will tell you that I have never tried to control others. My sons will gladly tell you that I have never told them what to do as adults. I have never told you what to do either. You confuse someone passing along differing information to you with commands.

KSL
KSL 04/16/09 - 01:40 am
Now you explain to me and the

Now you explain to me and the rest of us here why when someone tells you that the think thus and so you perceive it as a command.

Rose