Where's compassion toward others?

In reply to Lida Bellmer's letter ("Revolution against liberals is brewing," April 13), Ms. Bellmer is wrong on a couple of points.

First, President Obama has not tried to break the "spirit" of America but has instead tried to revitalize the sense of pride in the United States that the last president did his best to destroy in his quest of power.

Ms. Bellmer also is wrong about a revolution brewing. There already has been a revolution. It was called the election, where more than two-thirds of the electorate spoke loudly and clearly.

I notice that Ms. Bellmer lacks compassion toward people who made bad choices in buying a home. In her last line, Ms. Bellmer states that liberals "want to give anybody something for nothing." Since Easter has just passed, I want to ask Ms. Bellmer: Did not God give you something for nothing? Did Jesus say to give compassion and mercy only to these people, and not those people? Of course not. He said to love all men as your brothers.

There is no doubt that our country is going through hard times, but if we unite as a country and forget our political differences, then we can bring back the United States, and we can do great things for our country. I'm willing to try; how about you?

I was taught not to judge people, but it seems to me that Ms. Bellmer and people like her already have judged President Obama and given up on America. Shame on you!

Jay Collett

Augusta

Rose 04/15/09 - 07:50 pm
Oh my goodness interrogator.

Oh my goodness interrogator. Your family has been in this country several hundred yrs. So! they are not you.

Rose 04/15/09 - 07:51 pm
I agree with williston

I agree with williston

Ode to Augusta
Ode to Augusta 04/15/09 - 07:57 pm
Why doesn't MSNBC lead off

Why doesn't MSNBC lead off their evening news coverage with the number of dead soldiers in Iraq since President Obama took office like they used to before January 20th?.......What is going to happen when President Obama doesn't have all the troops pulled out of Iraq by the end of May 2010 (16 months after his inauguration)?.......What is this liberal and socialist administration going to do when Israel flies their American made jets and launches their American made missles over Iraq and attacks Iran?......What is going to happen to the incumbents in Congress during the November 2010 elections?

Rose 04/15/09 - 07:57 pm
I have a record of one of my

I have a record of one of my ancestors passenger and immigration records. He arrive in this country in 1679. Plenty of US citizens have ancestors who arrive a long time ago.

Rose 04/15/09 - 07:58 pm
May 2009 is not 16 months

May 2009 is not 16 months from Jan 2009.

KSL 04/15/09 - 08:01 pm
Rose, I will gladly shake

Rose, I will gladly shake your hand if you have an ancestor that arrived on the Mayflower. I have two, who happened to get married.

KSL 04/15/09 - 08:05 pm
They have forever been

They have forever been immortalized, by the way, by another of their descendants.

carcraft
carcraft 04/15/09 - 08:09 pm
toldya- Germany also dissed

toldya- Germany also dissed Obama, told him to keep his nose out of European affairs. The English papers satire Obama all the time. Englang, Germany, and France aren't Europe but comprise a lot of power there. I had to rread English papers to read about the Rezko, Obama Rich Saudia living in England who helped Obama buy his house. A lot of things are not covered by American papers... Recognize that Europe realizes Obama is a bafoon!!!

Rose 04/15/09 - 08:10 pm
Interrogator I did not say

Interrogator I did not say the Mayflower. I am saying you are not the only one who has ancestors that came to this country several hundred yrs ago.

carcraft
carcraft 04/15/09 - 08:10 pm
toldya-France didn't diss

toldya-France didn't diss America they dissed our President, big differance...

KSL 04/15/09 - 08:22 pm
Rose, I'm quite aware you did

Rose, I'm quite aware you did not say the Mayflower. Nor does your husband trace his ancestors back to a Governor of North Carolina in the 1700's. You did not say it very well, but I do agree with you. It's who you are today and how you act that you should be judged. I post here and people are free to judge me on my posts and what I say. I do try not to call names or instigate trouble. In general. I will have to add that, because after a while you and some of your cohorts really irritate me. In all honesty, I've taken more grief for defending you and yours than anyone should ever have to take.

Rose 04/15/09 - 08:28 pm
Well you stay beside those

Well you stay beside those friends of yours. As for me, I don't have friends who tell me what to do. I cherish my freedom to think and act as I choose. I don't have to get anyones approval to be friends with someone. So I never get grief for defending someone.

KSL 04/15/09 - 09:12 pm
I think you get a lot of

I think you get a lot of grief for defending your so-called friends here. I think that is one of the main reasons you get the grief. I think you think that some are your friends because you all post negative comments toward the same people. I have noticed that when two people are having a discussion you jump in on the side of the person who is disagreeing with someone you don't like.

KSL 04/15/09 - 09:14 pm
I challenge you, Rose, to ask

I challenge you, Rose, to ask PTHS if he tells me what to think or do. He does not care. Why should he dictate?

Rose 04/15/09 - 09:16 pm
I don't get grief. Of course

I don't get grief. Of course I will state my opinion whether you like it or not. If i agree with your enemy. then it is no problem to me. I don't worry about what others think.

SusieQ
SusieQ 04/15/09 - 09:18 pm
Hypocrites08-- If you had to

Hypocrites08-- If you had to turn your rebate check in as income either your tax man or mine made a mistake. When I filed my taxes I did not have to turn in the rebate check. He asked me if We got our rebate check and I said "you mean we have to pay taxes on that?" He said no but some people didn't receive what they were suppose to. It was not turned in as income!! SusieQ

KSL 04/15/09 - 09:24 pm
You do get grief, Rose. That

You do get grief, Rose. That means you get criticized. How on earth did you grow up without recognizing what that term meant? You are so very close in age to me. What???

Rose 04/15/09 - 09:29 pm
Interrogator I am me. If

Interrogator I am me. If anyone does not like me for who I am, then it is their loss, not mine. I do not change for anyone.

SusieQ
SusieQ 04/15/09 - 09:32 pm
Where is the compassion, ask

Where is the compassion, ask Obama!! He has a Uncle in Africa living on $1.00 a month and an Aunt living in Government housing and welfare here in the Good Old U.S.A. I always thought charity started with family!! SusieQ

KSL 04/15/09 - 09:35 pm
Democrats think that charity

Democrats think that charity begins with taxpayers, not themselves.

Rose 04/15/09 - 09:35 pm
Interrogator you need to get

Interrogator you need to get over yourself. You seem to think you are better than anyone else. You put your drawers on just like everyone else.

KSL 04/15/09 - 09:35 pm
I don't disagree with that

I don't disagree with that stance at all, Rose.

Rose 04/15/09 - 09:37 pm
Interrogator I am now a

Interrogator I am now a democrat and a taxpayer. My name is on the tax papers. I don't know where you get the idea that democrats do not pay taxes. AND we do not owe any taxes.

KSL 04/15/09 - 09:38 pm
You are incorrect, Rose. I

You are incorrect, Rose. I don't think that way at all. But if you have feelings of inadequacy when speaking to me, I can understand how you might think that.

KSL 04/15/09 - 09:42 pm
Rose, please inform me where

Rose, please inform me where this discussion is about Democrats not paying taxes? But to answer your question, one could assume that high ranking Democrats do not pay all of their taxes due just from the news about the appointees to Obama's cabinet and high level posts. Could they not? They could also look back to the back taxes that the Clintons, who were attorneys, did not pay.

Rose 04/15/09 - 09:47 pm
Democrats think that charity

Democrats think that charity begins with taxpayers, not themselves.
Posted by The Interrogator on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:35 PM
I was talking about this post.

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 04/15/09 - 09:48 pm
I know it is way too late,

I know it is way too late, but I would like to thank Mr. Collett for his excellent LTE.

Rose 04/15/09 - 09:49 pm
I have no feelings of

I have no feelings of inadequacy talking to you. None whatsoever.

KSL 04/15/09 - 09:52 pm
If not, why did you bring it

If not, why did you bring it up. I'm not trying to put you down. I'm trying to defend myself from your attempts to put me down.

KSL 04/15/09 - 09:56 pm
Frankly I feel like you have

Frankly I feel like you have tons of feelings of inadequacy. Why else do you search and research your ancestors and those of your husbands? It sort of does not blend that well with your adoration of Obama.

UGA jumps up in 2 polls

The University of Georgia made the second-biggest jump of all the teams in the two national ranking polls, both of which were released Tuesday.