Revolution against liberals is brewing

President Barack Obama cannot kill the spirit of America.

Obama said everybody has to pay taxes because everybody's got to have some skin in the game. Well, this is talking truth to welfare. The market votes every day, and it is speaking every day by going down. This is what Americans are thinking.

There is a revolution out there. Here are a few examples of what is happening across America that the media are not reporting.

There were protests in Denver against Obama on Tuesday, Feb. 17. Michelle Malkin and friends of hers led the protest.

Obama was protested in Mesa, Ariz., at Dobson High School, where his event to sign the ridiculous mortgage bailout took place. Students in advance placement class laughed at what Obama was saying, and they disagreed profoundly with what Obama said. These are high-school students.

On Feb. 17, Rick Santelli reported from the Chicago Board of Trade, berating Obama for his handling of the economy.

Let me give you a brief overview of the parameters of the Obama housing plan. The cost of this plan is $75 billion. There are two groups of homeowners that are being looked at by the plan.

The first group is made up of people who cannot afford their mortgages and have fallen behind on their monthly payments.

Many of the people here in Group 1 took out loans they were never going to be able to afford. That means somebody knew from Day 1 they were never going to be able to pay back the loans. This first group comprises about 3 million people.

The second group is larger. It is made up of about 10 million households. They can afford their monthly payments, but their houses are worth less than what is owed on their mortgages. If they want to stay in their homes, they will have no trouble doing so, but some may choose to walk out voluntarily rather than continue to make payments on an investment that may never pay off.

The responsible people in the second group are going to get nothing. Obama is going to bail out the first group. They have contributed directly to the misfortune of the second group. The 3 million who can't pay, who were never going to pay, are the ones getting bailed out.

That is typical Obama and liberalism. You award the losers but punish the achievers. Government will be the focus of all economic activity, and is going to pick the winners and the losers. If you are an achiever, you are the loser. You are going to pay for the bailout of all the losers who refuse to pay their bills.

Liberals want to create dependents. They want to give somebody something for nothing.

Lida Bellmer

Evans

disssman
disssman 04/13/09 - 04:56 pm
BTW Lida, what ever gave you

BTW Lida, what ever gave you the idea we had a spirit left anyway. If you would watch the news, you would see that all the trade agreements made by "W" have pretty much taken the wind out of our sails.

JohnGalt
JohnGalt 04/13/09 - 05:02 pm
Why is it that the constant

Why is it that the constant response to any criticism of Obama is to go after Bush? Not all conservatives were in lock step with W. You think Bush was wrong on a lot of things? Great, so do I. I don't see a lot of difference between them on spending, only on taxing. Bush was wrong to spend recklessly. Obama is going to drive our economy over a cliff with his spending. Get a new comeback. Bashing Bush doesn't get us anywhere.

bdittle
bdittle 04/13/09 - 05:07 pm
Getting back on point... if

Getting back on point... if you are going to revolt, well REVOLT! Go for it. Throw your tea in every body of water you can find (although the symbolism is lost on me because you have representatives that you vote on.) Personally, I hope you do keep spewing the same old dogma and keep getting the same old election results. However, the true answer is to shape up your own party. The conservative voice has a lot to offer, I just wish it was not served with such hatred.

toldya
toldya 04/13/09 - 05:08 pm
Galt: great post- it fell on

Galt: great post- it fell on deaf ears I'm sure. But I get what you mean- can't say anything abou the former President or the current. Everyone is just ready to stomp you one way or the other.

shaglorious
shaglorious 04/13/09 - 05:15 pm
I agree JohnGalt. Seems like

I agree JohnGalt. Seems like disssman and some of the other people on here should have LOVED Bush. His spending was out of control and if they work, they got a tax break. Now, if they do not work, I guess he was not spreading the wealth enough for them.

1941
1941 04/13/09 - 05:17 pm
Revolt, Revolt, Revolt, Then

Revolt, Revolt, Revolt, Then what will you do? You people are so stupid! That s--t, might have worked, back then, but it don;t mean anything today! I can not belive you people are so scared of the president, and his policies.You idiots were not scared, when that idiot, george bush was running the country, that was when you should have been scared!!!How in the hell could the present president, put the country in the shape it is in now, in three months?You fools fail to understand, this country did not get in the shape it is in , in three months. The more you blame Obama, the more foolish ,you sound!! Face the facts, George [idiot} Bush, and Dick[idiot] Chaney, ran this country in the damn ground!!! You idiots are upset because, a black man, have to come in and clean up behind those idiots!!! So suck it up, and come along for the ride!!!. For better or worse, there is nothing you can do about it!!!

KSL
KSL 04/13/09 - 05:23 pm
Mimsy, are you still refusing

Mimsy, are you still refusing to see the damage the dems in Congress did when they fought regulation on loans to people who should not have been encouraged to buy houses? Have you even looked at the videos of Maxine Waters, others in the black caucus and Barney Frank? It's plain wrong to lay all of the blame at the feet of the former president. When we have hyper inflation, you better be prepared to give credit for it to Obama, Pelosi and Reid.

JohnGalt
JohnGalt 04/13/09 - 05:33 pm
Bdittle, exactly to what

Bdittle, exactly to what hatred are you reffering?
Do I hate the poor because I want to keep more of the money I earn? Do I hate minorities because I do not believe in affirmative action? Do I hate big business because I don't believe in govt bailouts? Maybe I hate children because I think we should raise the bar on failing schools, fire teachers that don't perform (while raising the pay of those that do) and dismantle the Dept of Education to return power to the locals. Please tell me, what hatred exactly?

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 04/13/09 - 05:35 pm
The black caucus went to Cuba

The black caucus went to Cuba and said how great some of their plans were and how bad the US is. Give them time and they will manage to destroy this great country.

bdittle
bdittle 04/13/09 - 05:35 pm
No JohnGalt, you are clearly

No JohnGalt, you are clearly full of love.

carcraft
carcraft 04/13/09 - 05:44 pm
disssman on Mon Apr 13, 2009

disssman on Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:54 PM Uh disssman, the DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS CONTROLLED THE BUDGET AND AUTHORIZED THE SPENDING for the first bail out. You guys need to read the constitution (it will soon be a thing of the past). Bush could have vetoed it but you democrates willingly passed it!

JohnGalt
JohnGalt 04/13/09 - 05:49 pm
Again, what hatred? Please be

Again, what hatred? Please be specific. Sarcastically saying I am "full of love" because I do not support govt confiscation and redistribution of my money or govt interfering endlessly in our lives doesn't help me understand your point.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 04/13/09 - 05:52 pm
The conservative voice has a

The conservative voice has a lot to offer, I just wish it was not served with such hatred. Posted by bdittle on Mon Apr 13, 2009 *** Why is it that only conservatives are the only voice that is served with such hatred when libs call anyone that disagrees with them idiots, racist, liars, haters and every name they can think of? The libs continue to excuse and defend the incompetent, and unqualified prezbho, his policies and his administration of crooks, cheats, liars, theives, socialists, etc. Anyone that disagrees with prezbho are called names and said they are against him because he's BLACK. Yes, he's 6 % black and he's also incompetent.

KSL
KSL 04/13/09 - 06:48 pm
Don't forget individualism,

Don't forget individualism, JohnGalt.

shaglorious
shaglorious 04/13/09 - 06:50 pm
Some of the people that post

Some of the people that post on here have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to bring to the debate table so they resort to name calling. Pathetic! I think it is safe to assume that these are the very people that feel ENTITLED to MY hard earned money. Perhaps if they lost a greater portion of their paycheck(provided that they do infact have a job) to taxes, they too would be upset with what is coming. If you have nothing to lose, I guess you would like what Obama is doing. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL BE TAKING MONEY FROM SOMEONE ELSE AND IT IS AS GOOD AS STEALING AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED!!!!

KSL
KSL 04/13/09 - 07:33 pm
They don't care. They have

They don't care. They have been made to feel entitled by politicians who profit.

Many Arrows
Many Arrows 04/13/09 - 07:34 pm
The Bushobama inflation tax

The Bushobama inflation tax will prove to be more harmful than the taxes due on April 15. By printing money without limit, the value of bank savings is stolen and so is the value of wages.

The Bush administration and the Obama administration serve a bunch of fraudsters, not the people.

We need to throw both parties out.

KSL
KSL 04/13/09 - 07:47 pm
We are indeed headed for

We are indeed headed for trouble worse than the post Carter aftermath that happened during the Reagan administration. But too few people recognize the lingering effects of previous administration policies. When I criticize Obama for his policies in the first 3 months, it is not that I'm blaming him for foreclosures from before, but his current antics. It is because what he is currently doing now is so damaging to our future. As to the housing meltdown, I do blame the democrats in larger part, going back, ironically, to that very same Jimmy Carter, and enhanced by Clinton and his policies.

NoPartyFan
NoPartyFan 04/13/09 - 07:58 pm
So far, $656 billion have

So far, $656 billion have been borrowed to fight the war in Iraq. It is our patriotic duty to pay for war, right? Out of the current government budget, 54% of it is spent on the defense budget. 36% is current expenditures and 18% ($484 billion) for past military costs: Veterans' Benefits $94 billion; Interest on national debt (80%) created by military spending, $390 billion. Cough it up boys. It's your duty as an American to pay for all of the planes, tanks, guns and ammunition needed to protect America.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/13/09 - 08:08 pm
I knew it was a good letter

I knew it was a good letter even before I read it because I read the comments first and have noticed the less sense justus4 makes, the better the letter is.

humbleopinion
humbleopinion 04/13/09 - 08:37 pm
There could be 15 million

There could be 15 million people protesting Obama and the media would not report on it. Look how little is being said about the Tea Parties that are going to be held on April 15. ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC will NEVER say anything to make Obammy look bad. You have to remember that Chris Matthews gets "tingles" running up his leg just listening to the messiah. Others in the media get aroused just looking at Michelle Obama's arms... There WILL be a revolution. Just wait until the mid-term elections and see what happens. Democrats are scared to death of losing their beloved positions of power and are backing away from supporting Obammy.
The ONLY person in America smiling now is Jimmy Carter, who is now officially the SECOND WORST President in history.

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 04/14/09 - 05:26 am
If anything, there is a major

If anything, there is a major revolution against conservatives right now. The conservatives' approval rating is right at 30% and dropping. The American public at-large has finally seen the conservatives for who they are: obstructionists and hypocrites.

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 04/14/09 - 05:34 am
Wrong, JohnGalt. The

Wrong, JohnGalt. The conservatives supported EVERYTHING Bush did without question.

TechLover
TechLover 04/14/09 - 10:17 am
I figured my post would get

I figured my post would get the typical "class envy" bull. Greed is what got us into this mess and obviously greed continues. We can't give tax breaks to the little guys without those at the top whining.. If the guy pays $40,000 in federal taxes, he's probably in the 35% tax rate. Assuming he has no deductions, which he almost assuredly does (he said he's got 3 kids, that's $3500 per kid), he's bringing in at least $115,000 a year. That's more than what 85-90% of the households in the US make. He should consider how the other 85%-90% of the people in the US get by. No envy, I'm happy I make as much as I do. If I made twice as much, I d*amned sure wouldn't gripe about having to pay more in taxes. He should count his blessing and quit complaining.

KSL
KSL 04/14/09 - 12:29 pm
TechLover, by the time he

TechLover, by the time he pays all of his taxes, he's paying well over 50%. Do you honestly think that taxes should take more that half of someone's income?