Don't cash in on specious disabilities

I've never begrudged anyone with a true disability his or her right to draw a check from the government. However, today it seems as if the system has been so corrupted and brainwashed by the left-wing liberals that the definition of "disability" has grown to include the ordinary and the mundane.

I speak of anxiety, back pain, depression, bad knees and all the other lame "maladies" that people have come up with to make claim for "free" money, or to give them an excuse not to get up in the morning and go to work. These type of complaints are not disabilities; they are just the side-effects of everyday living in America and in the uncertain modern age.

They should not preclude anyone from finding employment or holding down a job, because guess what: There are, thank God, millions of people across America who suffer from bad backs, bad knees, anxiety, depression, bad moods, bad blood sugar and a host of other so-called "disabilities" and they go to work . They are not lying around the house, moaning and groaning and expecting everyone else to pay their way because they just don't want to get up and do the right thing. It's so much easier to go to the mailbox every month and get that check than go find a job, right?

Before anyone gets upset, I realize that some back injuries are severe, so I am not speaking of these, or those with deep-seated psychological problems requiring institutionalization and major pharmaceutical therapy. ...

Another culprit to the SSI system are those parents who collect checks for their kiddies with attention deficit disorder and other such silliness that has been deemed by the great liberal god a reason for monetary remuneration in the form of public tax dollars.

It is no wonder today America is in the straits it is in, and no little wonder that we are witnessing the demise of a once-great nation.

Cyndy Myers

Evans

Lobosolo
Lobosolo 04/03/09 - 05:39 am
Cindy, Methinks you don't no

Cindy, Methinks you don't no jack about what you're warbling about. Hey, AC, the world will be back here next week. Better start weeding this crap out until the Master's is over. God knows, we wouldn't want them to think we're all this stupid. We (the people) know that you (the AC) think this way and love to have your fellow myopians write in with this jibberish, but we wish you wouldn't try to convince everyone that we're all that way. What a sad way to live...

_SisterAbdullahX_
_SisterAbdullahX_ 04/03/09 - 05:55 am
Lobosolo....methinks Cyndy

Lobosolo....methinks Cyndy may be on to something. How many times have you seen people bounding from handicap parking to the store and back? How many of them could have done the same thing from a few parking spaces back? I know for a fact that these spaces are given out "willy-nilly." I have a relative that has one simply because she is fat. Someone who really needs exercise, is given license to not exercise because her choice not to exercise is now defined as a disability. Just because you don't believe it, or disagree with it does not make it gibberish. (which is spelled with a g)

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/03/09 - 06:25 am
Having seen what Cyndy is

Having seen what Cyndy is talking about I agree with her. People, it's not just handicap parking permits, it's SSI disability, Medicare and Medicaid they are taking. We talking Billions of dollars. Dig a little and get out and look and listen before you condemn the letter writer. A lot get it because they are "related" or go to church with someone who works at SSI or DFACS, and for no other reason! To many are taking handouts instead of earning it!

momofthree
momofthree 04/03/09 - 06:56 am
CBBP, I have to say I see

CBBP, I have to say I see both sides of the coin here. My grandfather had a leg amputated due to diabetes, and seeing him walk you never would have know, but getting in and out of his car in a regular sized parking space was near impossible for him.. Now I know pleanty of people who lay arround and collect their checks because they can't see to drive a truck anymore, but somehow can see to throw the chronicle every morning and have the paper route put in someone elses name. ---------------I see it like this, if you can do, of you can't than try, if you won't find someone else to support your sorry [filtered word].

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/03/09 - 07:09 am
Do I detect a couple of

Do I detect a couple of unqualified people drawing disability payments posting this morning?

UncleBill
UncleBill 04/03/09 - 07:31 am
"Are there no prisons? Are

"Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses?" There are some lazy good for nothing people who get disability. How shoud we weed them out?

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 04/03/09 - 07:45 am
That's the rub, UncleBill.

That's the rub, UncleBill. The needed improvement at the bureaucratic level is inconceivable. How else would we do the weeding? The entire program needs revamping. THAT is not what governments do.

CorporalGripweed
CorporalGripweed 04/03/09 - 07:46 am
Drug testing for illegal

Drug testing for illegal substances might be a start to weeding out the bad ones.

dashiel
dashiel 04/03/09 - 07:59 am
What are you supposed to do

What are you supposed to do when you are afflicted with both Restless Leg and Irritable Bowel? Hip-hop clogging IS a disability, I don't care what Ms. Myers says. The only time I feel like a normal person is St. Patrick's Day.

charliemanson
charliemanson 04/03/09 - 08:13 am
Got to blame the first George

Got to blame the first George Bush for enacting the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) in 1990. Now, nearly any disorder can qualify you for a check from the US Govt.

soldout
soldout 04/03/09 - 08:39 am
Amen to the letter. ADD is

Amen to the letter. ADD is not a desease but a nutritional problem. Most emotional problems can be fixed in quick order with EFT. Lazy is a sin and requires work on the heart. Too many people spend their lives watching (through TV) others live their life instead of living life. God wants people well and enjoying life and receiving all the blessings He has for them and not surviving on a government check.

corgimom
corgimom 04/03/09 - 08:40 am
Cyndy Myers, I hope to God

Cyndy Myers, I hope to God that you never experience any of the conditions that you think are "made up". I am on disability. It's hell. You should thank God every day that you don't have any illness. I would give anything to go back to work and be healthy again.

justthefacts
21949
justthefacts 04/03/09 - 08:50 am
Unless yours is "made up"

Unless yours is "made up" corg, I don't think she was talking about you. I'd wager that most folks know someone who is bilking the system.

TheShep
TheShep 04/03/09 - 09:03 am
Doesn't drug addiction

Doesn't drug addiction qualify for SSI? I read that somewhere.....

corgimom
corgimom 04/03/09 - 09:14 am
OK, I am not making this up.

OK, I am not making this up. After I was granted disability, I was ordered by SSA to go to a psychologist to be "tested". I was given math problems to do- simple addition and subtraction, multiplication, and division. I had to demonstrate that I could read, starting with kindergarten-level sentences. I was asked questions like "Why does society require marriage licenses?" I said, "I am a college graduate with an MBA, WHY am I being tested on basic literacy and elementary school math?" The psychologist said, "I don't know, I just got a notice that they wanted you tested." It was the DUMBEST thing. I know he billed SSA for thousands of dollars. That's the kind of nonsense that SSA does.

justthefacts
21949
justthefacts 04/03/09 - 09:32 am
corg, not surprising. Can't

corg, not surprising. Can't wait until the gov't runs our entire Healthcare spectrum.

justus4
justus4 04/03/09 - 09:36 am
SSI/Disability is being

SSI/Disability is being determined based on race. If investigated, it would be found that the decisions against minorities are overwhelmingly negative. (No man, woman, boy or girl will ever know the racial rejection rate, because "they" know the system is completely prejudiced against minority applicants) The ailments mentioned in the LTE is based on her personal knowledge of individuals that "get paid" for those kinds of ills. That doesn't work for minorities because their burden of proof is extremely high, while non-minorities are granted disibilities with such minor health problems. The SSA should be mandated from Congress to report the racial makeup of those approved and those denied. That would solve the problem, but wait, Oh, "they" don't even know there is a problem. Wow!

justthefacts
21949
justthefacts 04/03/09 - 09:51 am
guess you better never need

guess you better never need to go on disability justus.

SusieQ
SusieQ 04/03/09 - 10:04 am
I was under the impression

I was under the impression that a letter from a physician was needed to go on disability and also to get handicap parking. My husband is 100% disabled Veteran and we had to have all this from the doctor. I don't think you can just walk in and say I'm disabled and get it, if they do than someone is cheating. SusieQ

pofwe
pofwe 04/03/09 - 10:05 am
Me thinks Lobosolo,

Me thinks Lobosolo, d1zmljqg, dashiel, corgimom, are on the dole. And justus4 should be on the dole. He has an attention deficit disorder, he can't get over, ... the fact that he ain't white.

chel
chel 04/03/09 - 10:33 am
Corgimom....the Psychologist

Corgimom....the Psychologist who performed the test with you DOES NOT make thousands...he/she will actually only be paid about $260 for the whole service. So while you can profess to have an MBA you need to understand that it is part of the process to get the disability you get each month. I am so tired of people who ASSUME and don't know what they are talking about. If I believe everything someone told me about their degrees and experiences before giving them a test I would be labled extremely gullible.

constitutionnow
constitutionnow 04/03/09 - 10:47 am
"For even when we were with

"For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: If a man will not work, he shall not eat." 2 Thess 3:10

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 04/03/09 - 11:00 am
I agree, corgimom. There is

I agree, corgimom. There is NO such thing as a "made up" disability. All disabilities are one and the same. I really hope that Cyndy Myers and the other ignorant jackasses on here who support Mrs. Myers fail to get a single check when they all retire or get crippled. Then they can go and spout their nonsense afterwards.

justthefacts
21949
justthefacts 04/03/09 - 11:02 am
lol.

lol.

_SisterAbdullahX_
_SisterAbdullahX_ 04/03/09 - 11:03 am
A challenge for justus4.

A challenge for justus4. Provide ANY evidence for you claim that SSI/Disability is being determined based on race. I know you can't, because you already admitted that it hasn't been investigated. You just assume, since you are a vile racist, that there MUST be a racial problem.

Rose
Rose 04/03/09 - 11:06 am
Since when is medicare

Since when is medicare welfare? I am talking about the 6:25 comment.

_SisterAbdullahX_
_SisterAbdullahX_ 04/03/09 - 11:07 am
No one makes up a disability?

No one makes up a disability? Oh wow! Willistontownsc...I didn't realize that you were so naive. Have you ever heard of fraud? There are people who get arrested on that charge every day.

corgimom
corgimom 04/03/09 - 11:11 am
Justus, I was declined for

Justus, I was declined for disability and had to sue SSA to get it. I am white. It cost me $4000 in attorney fees- and that was back in 1997. It took me 2 1/2 years to get it. And let me tell you, the burden of proof with ANYONE is extremely high. When I went to my hearing, the first thing my judge said was "I am so sorry that you are having to go through this, I do not understand why you were denied. This is so clear. " He brought in a vocational counselor to testify that he had reviewed my case and that I couldn't work in any position. The judge told me he did that so that my case wouldn't get overturned upon review. I don't have "minor" problems. But again, that doesn't fit in with your black persecution theories, does it?

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 04/03/09 - 11:15 am
Abdullah, I am NOT talking

Abdullah, I am NOT talking about faking injuries in order to get money. I am talking about real-life health injuries so severe that it may be classified as a disability. People who fake injuries on order to get money deserve to get jailed.

corgimom
corgimom 04/03/09 - 11:16 am
I absolutely am on

I absolutely am on disability. And I have all the medical bills to prove it. What I have is genetic, it will never go away, and the best I can do is manage it. Being on disability stinks. Being ill stinks. Being in constant pain stinks. Having to spend thousands of dollars on medical bills and prescriptions stinks. I would not wish it on anybody.

Vogtle workers see both reactor projects

Some veterans of the nuclear industry were at the site south of Augusta to see the complex network of rebar and concrete rising out of the ground in the 1970s and ’80s. Now, they are back.