Make your vote count in 2010 election

Radio host Rush Limbaugh and Richmond County Democratic Party Chairman Lowell Greenbaum are the fanatical voices of their respective political parties. Republicans better pray Limbaugh does not formally become their spokesman.

Democrats know that Greenbaum's brand of vitriol diminishes his effect in politics. But we now have President Barack Obama who is intent upon a new type of American society based upon his leanings away from capitalism and toward socialism. A more than willing Democratically controlled Congress provides him with real hope for success in his endeavor to "change" American society. This highly intelligent president obviously ignores the benefits of thoughtful pragmatism -- when he forbids American production of oil and gas while, from the other side of his mouth, he touts independence from foreign energy sources. Obama also proposes unrealistic goals, such as everyone getting a college education on the taxpayers' dime.

Americans can slow down this runaway train toward socialism by replacing the Democratic control of the House and Senate with a more balanced legislature in the election year 2010. Republican voters, however, should recall how vigorously the Republican Party fought Medicare a few decades back.

Also to be taken into consideration: Republican party attempts to dismantle Social Security by enticing young Americans to invest in the markets to avoid reliance on their old-age security through the Social Security program. They ignore the fact that Social Security and Medicare benefits get plowed right back into our economy, and that dependence on the markets could result in destitution for many (consider the current recession).

The moral here: Neither party has ownership of what is right for America. We must keep a check on both parties by denying them too long a control on our government. Vote in 2010.

Gene Rickaby

Martinez

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 03/04/09 - 06:44 am
Dang Gene, You rant against

Dang Gene, You rant against the insane socialism of O and then rant for the socialism of FDR. Are you a RINO? If you feel socialism is your pony, get on it and ride. If not, get in the trenches and fight against it. You can't try to have it both ways, or you'll have to accept what ever you're given.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 03/04/09 - 08:58 am
Retired Army, are you retired

Retired Army, are you retired because you're tired more that once? That's the stupidist election year rhetoric I've seen. Surely you don't feel it has ANY meaning. Posting stuff like this is why you're never taken seriously.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/04/09 - 09:03 am
Comparing Greenbaum to Rush

Comparing Greenbaum to Rush stopped me right there. But I finally managed to struggle past that and could only laugh at the Social Security and Medicare rants. I would much rather keep what I pay into those government plans and save for my own old age. I'd be buying timber with that money because Obama obviously is going to use up all the trees printing worthless money.

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 03/04/09 - 10:06 am
Greenbaums are NOT extreme,

Greenbaums are NOT extreme, however, Mr. Limbaugh is. We need to keep the current team as is for the better of this nation. We could have avoided the downfall of this country by keeping the Dems in Congress in 1994, instead of voting them out.

jack234
jack234 03/04/09 - 10:29 am
Rush should be nominated for,

Rush should be nominated for, "entertainer of the year" award. He's hilarious. HELLO! HELLO!

jack234
jack234 03/04/09 - 10:36 am
Stocks are taking off today.

Stocks are taking off today. This is much sooner than I expected. Obama might go down in history as the smartest president ever. We have a TIGER in the white house and he has teed off. Rush, get a life. We want America to succeed. No room for traitors. HELLO! HELLO!

jack234
jack234 03/04/09 - 11:15 am
Keep your eyes on the stocks

Keep your eyes on the stocks today. I've already put in my order. Now is the time to buy. I have confidence in this administration. I just love capitalism at work, and so should you. This is not a time to be bitter about the election. We have a real Tiger in the white house. A hands on president for a change. Not hiding in the white house when things go sour. Don't be bitter, be proud of our new first family in the oval office. I'm not bitter. I'm pulling for America, not Rush and the "ditto" heads that call in. Rush don't believe half of the stuff he says, but his followers don't know any better and takes him serious. Sad. HELLO! HELLO! HELLO! The Republicans have quite a voice in rush. A sure road for defeat again. I guess they're pretty desperate. HELLO! HELLO!

justus4
justus4 03/04/09 - 11:59 am
The article is confusing but

The article is confusing but probably authored by a Republican or a Conservative. Many points were made but here's an important one: Rush could not possibly win a national election. He's like Mickey Mouse, every republican loves him but few will vote for him, which translate into, why have him address serious issues? He's an entertainer, not a politician. Why invest in his success? And the answer is: Thats all they got.

jack
jack 03/04/09 - 12:08 pm
Rush should be nominated for,

Posted by jack234 on Wed Mar 4, 2009 9:29 AM....yep, Rush can tell a good jolke but your boy BimbObama IS a joke, and a bad one at that.

jack
jack 03/04/09 - 12:11 pm
BimbObama don't believe half

BimbObama don't believe half of the stuff he says, but his followers don't know any better and takes him serious. Sad. HELLO! HELLO! HELLO! The Republicans have quite a voice in rush. A sure road for winning again. I guess the DIMs are pretty desperate. Fart! Fart!
Posted by jack234 on Wed Mar 4, 2009 10:15 AM

jack234
jack234 03/04/09 - 12:38 pm
Jack: Is that all you have?

Jack: Is that all you have? You saved me from having to copy and paste. HELLO! HELLO! I guess I touched a nerve with you. Stop being an "old stick in the mud" you old stick, and get on the Obama train parked in the oval office with the lovely first family. HELLO! HELLO!

jack234
jack234 03/04/09 - 12:51 pm
Three loud cheers for the

Three loud cheers for the Obama Plan as loud as you can. HELLO! HELLO!

collegekid
collegekid 03/04/09 - 01:11 pm
jack234 that would just be

jack234 that would just be plain dumb to get on that train. That train is going nowhere but socialism.

mad_max
mad_max 03/04/09 - 01:40 pm
I've got three cheers for the

I've got three cheers for the Obama plan. Socialist, Anti-American, Anti-Freedom. His and Pelosi's policies have not worked in every other country that tried them. And those countries actually had a poplulation that WANTED to work. They did not have to deal with the 30% of our population that prefers to lay up on welfare, food stamps, ADC, WIC, and live in subsidized housing. It's not surprising Obama's policies are popular in this area. But when his taxes on oil companies and the coal burning power companies double the price of gas and double you power bill and your welfare check won't buy half of what it did last year you will see that socialism and crazy environmental taxes that really do no good are not the way to go. Sure, the Republicans were wrong with too much deregulation of the financial industry but what they did was nothing compared to whats coming with these crazy policies being implemented by the communists in charge now. Their objective is to change our way of life but I will not support it and I believe more than half of voting Americans will not support it when they realize what is happening.

jack234
jack234 03/04/09 - 02:24 pm
George Bush left such a big

George Bush left such a big mess, we might have to adopt some of the tenants of socialism just to survive. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Since no one else seem to have a solution, I buy into the Obama and his advisors plans. McCain doesn't have a clue and no ideas. But, we'll not going to reject the plan or do nothing just because of someone crying wolf about socialism. No one wants to live in subsidized housing, I know I don't. They would gladly change with you. So, don't be envious of people that live off stamps. When I see them in line, they always try to hide that fact, not brag about it. It embarasses me to know that they know that I see them. HELLO! HELLO! HELLO!

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/04/09 - 03:50 pm
All we need Obama to do is

All we need Obama to do is stay out of the way until the market corrects. Did you see him on TV telling us to buy more stocks and then trying to explain P/E ratios? It was hilarious. He doesn't have a clue. He called it profit/earnings ratio. Oh my God...what a time we live in.

jack234
jack234 03/04/09 - 05:34 pm
None of the little smart

None of the little smart comments will sway me. We have a hands on take charge president that works 24/7 with plenty of energy. He will turn the economy around. The markets were up today after the president announced his housing plan. We have a great man in the Oval house now with his lovely family. We should all be proud that we now have a Tiger Woods in the white house. We need to just stand back and let the plan work to correct the markets. This is a proud day for all Americans even the ones who didn't vote the right way. They'll get a second chance in 2012. Maybe after he resues the economy they'll see the light like we did. Three cheers for this administration. Those days of hiding in the white house are gone with the helicopter that flew to Texas. We are all very proud of America for a change. A new day in America. HELLO! HELLO! Rush is on the opposite side of Americans. Don't be caught with him. Not now, not in 2009. HELLO! HELLO!

freedombelle
freedombelle 03/04/09 - 06:40 pm
Gene, what EVER gave you the

Gene, what EVER gave you the idea that Rush Limbaugh is the leader for ANY party? He is a NUT and no one in their right mind would ever think he could lead a elephant or a donkey to water tho he sometimes acts like a donkey...I don't know this Greenbaum fellow but my guess is that he is not a very big voice in Washington either. The only sensible thing you said is the last line. Neither party knows what is best for our country. None of these posters on here know either..I sure as heck don't know..One thing is for sure, this president will make some of the same mistakes Bush made..No man is dumb enough to think he can be a fix-all for America. It took years to get in this mess and will take years to get out. There is NOT a politician in Washington who gives a darn about us taxpayers..If they did they would pay their own taxes and help get us out of debt. I pay mine and most of you pay yours..Why not them?? I am talking about Repubs & Dems alike. I hope y'all don't think it's just one party's problem!!! Start thinking about a good man who might be able to do something honest in 2012, if there is such a person..Forget which party he represents..That's a farce anyway.

jack234
jack234 03/04/09 - 07:18 pm
The market just exploded

The market just exploded today. Tomorrow Mr. President Obama will announce his health Plan. Everyday this real man is doing something amazing. We all go to bed very happy every nigh. Something we haven't experienced in 8 years. I repect everyone that post here as long as they keep their comments decent and not get angry and say things against the policy of the Augusta Chronicle. I never had any of my wonderful comments deleted. I have control of myself and my feelings. Some people are very senstive about the attitudes that they learned from their parents even when they feel their parents did them a disservice in the attitudes they nutured. HELLO! HELLO! Just love and repect everyone. I found that to be the key to a happy life. Don't go around angry at people that are less fortunate than you are. Or you could change places with them and see what their day is like. HELLO! HELLO! I just love people because God made us all in his image. HELLO! HELLO! We are all brothers and sisters in this big world and in the South. Hello! Hello! I even read the comments when they just dribble on and on because I repect everyone everday and I love people who look like me and those that don't. HELLO!

jack234
jack234 03/04/09 - 10:46 pm
What good things will our

What good things will our newly elected president do tomorrow? It makes you not want to sleep all night just anticipating what tomorrow will bring. We never heard from bush when he was in the white house. Mr. Obama will be the best president ever if he can pull us out of this economic mess that bush left when he got on that helicopter. HELLO! HELLO! We have a Tiger Woods in the white house now. HELLO! HELLO! HELLO! WE all wish him well. He is my Barry. HELLO! HELLO! He is the real Hussein. HELLO! HELLO!