The punchline: Joker returns home

A Clarks Hill, S.C., pet lost after a wreck two weeks ago was reunited with his family Tuesday.

Joker, a 7-year-old Labrador retriever, ran away after he and his owner, Jacob Kramer, were involved in a wreck on Washington Road on Jan. 20. Police said Mr. Kramer's Nissan Titan flipped onto its side in front of The Pizza Joint after being struck by a car turning left onto Old Evans Road.

"I'm ecstatic," Mr. Kramer said Tuesday. "There are no words."

Joker's family posted fliers in the Evans area and visited places where people reported sightings.

Mr. Kramer said his dog had been frequenting the backyard of a Northwood Estates home off North Belair Road for a few days. He's been visiting Joker each morning, but the dog was scared and wouldn't let anyone approach him. On Tuesday morning, the homeowner was able to get close enough to leash Joker and return him to the Kramers.

Nammy
Nammy 02/04/09 - 01:57 am
That IS wonderful! I'm so

That IS wonderful! I'm so glad he's back home. Welcome Home Joker! *Y*a*Y* (':

timereader
timereader 02/04/09 - 04:56 am
i am so glad joker has been

i am so glad joker has been found.

politicallyNcorrect1
politicallyNcorrect1 02/04/09 - 06:12 am
God..It's good to read

God..It's good to read something with a happy ending for a change:)

SCGAL53
SCGAL53 02/04/09 - 06:41 am
What a happy ending!

What a happy ending!

karmakills123
karmakills123 02/04/09 - 08:10 am
Welcome Home Joker !!!!!

Welcome Home Joker !!!!!

abc123xyz
abc123xyz 02/04/09 - 08:56 am
I am so glad to hear this

I am so glad to hear this family pet made it back home. And I totally agree with "politicallyncorrent" - it is GREAT to hear a story with a happy ending! More good news should be reported instead of focusing on the bad news (hey media, ever heard of the power of positive thinking?!?!?). Welcome home Joker & congratulations Kramer family!!!!!

curly123053
curly123053 02/04/09 - 10:32 am
I am glad Joker made it home.

I am glad Joker made it home. Give thanks to the media groups for keeping Joker's sightings in the news so citizens could be aware he was still missing. I hope Joker was checked by a vet since it was reported there was blood around his mouth after the accident. I echo the others in saying welcome home Joker and it is good to see another happy ending in the news.

psychobetty
psychobetty 02/04/09 - 02:32 pm
This is a terrific story! I'm

This is a terrific story! I'm really glad he made it home. I wish there was more good news like this in the paper.

dworth1
dworth1 02/04/09 - 08:31 pm
welcome home joker. i am so

welcome home joker. i am so glad you were found. i was out looking for you friday night. jacob he is a beautiful dog.

JacobKramer
JacobKramer 02/05/09 - 12:07 am
Thank you all so much! I do

Thank you all so much! I do do not know where to begin or end, so thank you all! I tear with joy every time a new reply apears, it feals so good to have my boy home with me. Thank you all sooooo much!!!!!!!

JacobKramer
JacobKramer 02/05/09 - 12:12 am
It would be nice to see ALL

It would be nice to see ALL the replies, but, I guess Yetserdays news is just that, yesterdays news. Thank you to, Beverley Hixson and her family for being with us from day one. Without them we would still be looking for Joker!