A shout out to Melvin in Georgia

Somewhere in Georgia is a man named Melvin who, with his wife, attended the inauguration.

He was interviewed on the National Mall by a BBC television news correspondent.

I want Melvin to know that he made me proud when he pointed out that there were people of all ethnicities who had come to witness our 44th president take the oath of office.

Thanks, Melvin, for making the point to foreign viewers everywhere that we, as Americans, are all in this together.

Yvette Roberts

Gunnison, Colo.

soldout
soldout 01/29/09 - 08:25 am
Praise God we are not all in

Praise God we are not all in this together as God will care for His people during these troubled times. It will be sad to see America decline and not be the world leader but the Christians will prosper as we look to God as our source and not a government. God owns it all and wants to bless His children. If you are waiting on the government to be your source, all they will have is a few IOUs.

dashiel
dashiel 01/29/09 - 08:59 am
I know that many white people

I know that many white people voted for Obama, just as many yellow, brown and red people did, but the televising of the inauguration did not reflect this diversity. I will have to take the word of Melvin and Ms. Roberts, but on TV about the only white people I saw were talkative and interrupting network chowderheads.

Signal Always
Signal Always 01/29/09 - 09:27 am
Hey, here's an idea, why

Hey, here's an idea, why don't we just go ahead and make him ruler of the world, Pontiff of the Vatican, and WWE heavyweight champion of the world all at once? He's been in office for one week, made some tremendous mistakes in my opinion, and you guys act like he's the second coming.

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 01/29/09 - 01:43 pm
Thank you, Ms. Roberts. I'm

Thank you, Ms. Roberts. I'm glad that you live in a state that finally VALUES its FREEDOM. Wish Georgia and South Carolina would end its backwards mentality and think the same way as Colorado.

Signal Always
Signal Always 01/29/09 - 02:25 pm
Ever been to a liberal state,

Ever been to a liberal state, Williston? Ever been out of mommy's basement? Liberal states are by FAR the most oppressive states in the country. Trust me, I HAVE been to the majority of them.

Signal Always
Signal Always 01/29/09 - 02:28 pm
BTW, why don't you back up

BTW, why don't you back up your strawman argument? How are Georgia and South Carolina not geared towards values and freedom? After you answer, there are all kinds of resources you can use to get your moronic self to the liberal paradise for which you so desire.