Dog still missing after car wreck

The Kramer family isn't laughing since Joker ran away.

The 7-year-old Labrador retriever belonging to the Clarks Hill, S.C., family ran away after a Tuesday car wreck in Evans.

Jacob Kramer's Nissan Titan overturned in front of the Pizza Joint at Washington and Old Evans roads.

Police said Mr. Kramer's vehicle was struck by another turning left onto Old Evans Road at about 10:30 a.m.

Joker was in the truck with Mr. Kramer at the time and ran toward a Waffle House. No one has reported seeing him since, according to Mr. Kramer's wife, Susannah.

Witnesses said Joker was bleeding from the mouth.

"He is very dazed and confused at this point and we would appreciate any help in order to find him," Mrs. Kramer wrote in an e-mail.

The family has posted fliers about their missing pet in the Evans area. Joker has a black coat with a gray muzzle and white chest. He is wearing a black collar with a white reflective band.

"My children and husband miss him greatly and would love a safe return," Mrs. Kramer wrote.

Anyone with information on Joker's whereabouts should call (864) 333-5386, (803) 270-6693 or (803) 270-6625.

Reach Donnie Fetter at (706) 868-1222, ext. 115 or donnie.fetter@augustachronicle.com.

chey
chey 01/23/09 - 08:12 am
so we put missing dogs in the

so we put missing dogs in the newspaper now. I thought that went in the classifieds or in the iwanta.

dixiechick007
dixiechick007 01/23/09 - 08:32 am
RockNout, it is all for the

RockNout, it is all for the love of a dog. Maybe you have never known that unconditional love. I sure hope he is found safe and returned to his loving family soon.

REED1960
REED1960 01/23/09 - 08:46 am
To the Kramer family, I wish

To the Kramer family, I wish you all the luck in finding Joker, and hope that he is ok, dont pay attention to the words from people like RockNout, seems they dont know what it is to love and care for an animal.

chey
chey 01/23/09 - 09:58 am
I'm sorry. Dixie and Reed

I'm sorry. Dixie and Reed completely missed my point. My point is, why does this particular dog deserve it's own spot in the newspaper. Augusta is full of missing animals. And yet, none of them are in the paper like this. Only this particular one. What makes this one diffrent from the rest of the missing animals.

RU4Real
RU4Real 01/23/09 - 10:03 am
Circustances surrounding this

Circustances surrounding this dog gone missing. Rocknut, they do not put every runaway in the paper either, but if the child is endangered it will make the headlines.

lostmymind
lostmymind 01/23/09 - 10:06 am
Ok, so you love your

Ok, so you love your dog...that's great, I hope you find him. Next time try to remember not to let him ride in the back of your truck. Put him in a kennel, that way he might not have got hurt or run away!!!

politicallyNcorrect1
politicallyNcorrect1 01/23/09 - 10:19 am
Maybe he was just going for

Maybe he was just going for breakfast. :)

sell71
sell71 01/23/09 - 11:44 am
vgysmith.....who said the dog

vgysmith.....who said the dog was in the back of the truck? We take our dogs with us alot IN the cab of the truck.

WhiteScorpion1
WhiteScorpion1 01/23/09 - 03:37 pm
The Augusta Chronicle has

The Augusta Chronicle has been swooning over Obama for the last few months (3 or 4 stories a day). I figure a story about a dog has got to be more interesting than their other Obama crap.

susannah77
susannah77 01/23/09 - 04:01 pm
I am the mother of Joker.

I am the mother of Joker. For all those who say kind words, I appreciate it. For those who do not know the whole story I will explain. Joker was not in the back of the truck and if you had seen my husbands truck,if he ha been in the back of the truck, he would have killed. Joker was in the back seat in the cab. My husbands truck flipped over on its side. Joker is injured and we are unsure how serious his injuries are. FOr politicallyncorrect, yo are correct. Unfortunately Joker did not get his breakfast burrito Tuesday morning. We appreicate EVERYONE that has been helping us locate him and hope to have him home with us soon. My children miss him and ask for him everyday. Thank you for caring....

gnx
gnx 01/23/09 - 04:19 pm
susannah77 - I pray your

susannah77 - I pray your beloved fur baby is returned to you safe and sound - and very soon. I can only begin to imagine how this is affecting you and your family. :(

mable8
mable8 01/23/09 - 07:59 pm
susannah7: I hope you find

susannah7: I hope you find your dog and soon; I know what it is to lose a beloved pet. Have you contacted Columbia County Animal Control?

211lover
211lover 01/23/09 - 09:17 pm
rocknout, this is in columbia

rocknout, this is in columbia co, the Richy area, and apparently this dog is like a superstar. The rest just get a shot and die at the local shelter. BUT, Joker is special. :-~

karaph
karaph 01/23/09 - 10:11 pm
ROCKNOUT, this is newsworthy

ROCKNOUT, this is newsworthy because it is tied to a previous article. If you had read the paper the other day when the accident was reported, and perhaps you did, you would have seen that the accident was caused by someone who ran into the Kramers' truck. The person who caused this accident was charged with a failure to yield and an open container violation. The accident was not Mr. Kramer's fault, yet he and his family, especially the children, are suffering the loss of their beloved dog. Try being a little compassionate instead of mouthy.

Disc golf tournament benefits Augusta charity

APPLING — When Paul Childs runs a disc golf tournament, he wants it to mean something for the rest of the community. Childs he found a cause worth supporting: the Ronald McDonald House Charities.