- The EC Warriors 15-under travel team is looking for dedicated players for the upcoming season. For more information, call Kevin Lake at (864) 992-3995 or Ty Face at (706) 564-9695.
- The Augusta Baseball Umpires Association is looking for umpires for the 2009 season. If interested, please attend the first meeting today at 3:30 p.m. in the Westside High School Auditorium. For further details, contact Frank Harast at (706) 210-1412 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Georgia Future 12U Majors team is looking for players for the spring and summer season. For more information, call Robbie Shearer at (706) 799-5692 or Manuel Gonzalez at (706) 564-6168.
- The Harlem Globetrotters are bringing their "Spinning the Globe" World Tour to Augusta on March 6 . The famous team, in its 83rd season of touring the world, will take the court at 7 p.m. at James Brown Arena. Tickets start at $18 and are available at the arena box office and online at www.ticketmaster.com. The Web site is www.harlemglobetrotters.com.
- The Garden City Xpress is an AAU/YBOA competitive traveling team is looking for girls ages 12-14 to compete in tournaments on the local, state and national level. Registration for tryouts is under way and continues through early February. For more information, call team president Mark Holliday at (706) 790-9529 or (706) 814-0121, e-mail email@example.com or go to www.gcxpressbasketball.com.
- The Atlanta Dream will hold a series of satellite clinics across Georgia. The camps are open to boys and girls ages 10-18 and will be directed by Sue Panek, Dream assistant coach and director of basketball operations. An Atlanta Dream player will also be present at each location. The camps will be held at the following locations: Jan. 25, Douglas County Parks & Rec. (Douglasville); Jan. 31, Kennesaw State University (Kennesaw); Feb. 7, Carrollton High School (Carrollton); Feb. 19, TBD (Columbus); Feb. 21, Mercer University (Macon); Feb. 28, Hephzibah High School (Hephzibah). Registration is $25 per person and can be completed on www.atlantadream.net. Payment must be received at least 10 days prior to scheduled camp date. Visit the Web site or call (404) 604-2626 for more details.
- Legendary coach Frank Broyles will be the keynote speaker at the Alzheimer's Association's 10th annual Education Conference on March 14 at Fort Gordon's Gordon Club. He will also speak at a special Alzheimer's Association dinner at the Pinnacle Club on Friday prior to the conference. Sponsorships and exhibitor space is available. For more information, call the Alzheimer's Association at (706) 731-9060.
- A lacrosse league is forming for players ages 18 and up. The league will be run by current high school coaches. Practice and games are on Sundays at noon at the Kroger field in Evans. For more information, call (706) 854-1908.
- Registration for Ironman 70.3 Augusta is open. The event will be held Sept. 27 . The event is limited to 2,000 competitors. For more information, visit www.ironmanaugusta.com.
- The Georgia Rockers 14-under fast-pitch team is looking for three or four girls to complete the roster. If interested, call Chuck Faulkner at (706) 373-3459.
- The Thomson Force will host a 14-and- under fast pitch tournament at Thomson High School on Feb. 13-14. For more information, contact Wayne Wilson at (706) 564-5357.
- CSRA Junior Team Tennis is holding registration for the Spring season through Jan. 16. Kids ages 5-18 are welcome. To register, go to www.csratennis.com. You will need a current USTA membership valid through May 1st to register. League play starts Feb. 1. Matches are typically played on Sundays at 2 p.m. For more information, contact Julie Lichty, CSRA Junior Team Tennis Coordinator, at (706) 650-0601 or firstname.lastname@example.org.