Don't fly American flag that's in tatters

I know that many banks are having some difficulty. However, I have not heard that this one is among them. I have reported to the manager of the bank on Gordon Highway, courteously, I might add, that the flag that they are flying is tattered and faded.

The manager told me they were going to replace it; however, as of recently it is still flying.

I would feel much better if they did not fly the flag, rather that fly one that is in such a tattered condition.

To all who fly the flag, bless you, but please ensure that it is in pristine condition.

Jim Knudsen

Evans

TechLover
TechLover 01/11/09 - 06:22 am
Also don't plaster it all

Also don't plaster it all over used cars,clothes, or any other commercial production

justus4
justus4 01/11/09 - 10:16 am
Of course we all love the

Of course we all love the flag, but enforcing a serviceability standard is impossible. Once made aware of wear & tear on Ol' Glory, actions should be taken to repair or remove it. That is the universal belief when it comes to the Colors...Maybe a second call to the bank will get the manager "squared away."

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 01/11/09 - 11:03 am
The tattered flag epitomizes

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 01/11/09 - 11:03 am
The tattered flag epitomizes

The tattered flag epitomizes the mess we have representing the country in Washington right now. It seems appropriate to be flying it. UP YOUR OBAMA!!

Ken
Ken 01/11/09 - 12:18 pm
Do like I did buy Mighty

Do like I did buy Mighty Mend-It it works great on Flags too!

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 01/11/09 - 04:35 pm
Fly a fresh new flag on

Fly a fresh new flag on January 20! I know that I will be flying my American flag at 11:59 a.m. on that day. It will be the first time since October 19, 2003 that I have done so.

Ex-SC Gov. Edwards dies

CHARLESTON, S.C. - James B. Edwards, South Carolina's first Republican governor since Reconstruction and later energy secretary for two years in the Reagan administration, has died.