Why Obama is right, detractors wrong

I want to respond to the letters "Appeasement will bring repeat of 1938" and "Broun right to warn of Obama's force."

First of all, Jenny F. Morris is wrong. Most people didn't vote for Barack Obama because of his skin color. There are other reasons why people voted for this man. One of those reasons, for example, isÂbecause he is brilliant.

Negotiating with the president of Iran and other dictators will not necessarily bring on a repeat of history. Besides, Barack Obama didn't say that.

Second of all. Maxie Bolgla is also wrong. Rep.ÂPaul Broun is wrong when he compares Barack Obama's suggested national police force to Hitler's Gestapo. I neverÂheard Barack Obama suggest a national police force.

Because ofÂBroun's lies and hatred of Barack Obama, I will never vote for Paul Broun.

Every Muslim in the world is not smiling. Some Muslims are upset in the world because of the way they are being portrayed in a negative way by other groups of people. That includes some peopleÂin some other religions.

There have also been some lies told aboutÂMuslims in the media. A lot ofÂtheseÂpeople who didn't vote forÂBarack Obama seem to show hatred toward himÂbecause of who he is and who he represents.

That's also a sin according to the Bible. I notice they didn't mention that.

David Thomas, Harlem

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/03/08 - 06:03 am
I'm a conservative

I'm a conservative Republican, but I'll be respectful to the President. I always support my leaders even if I disagree with their policies. So far his actions have steered him more to the right. I believe Obama has the hopes of most thinking people with him no matter the party.

ThatOne
ThatOne 12/03/08 - 06:50 am
Colin Powell was interviewed

Colin Powell was interviewed for the documentary "The Black List", and during his interview he recalled his military service, starting back to when he was in Vietnam and his time at in Columbus, GA at Fort Benning. He recalled when Regan appointed him his National Security Advisor and how some people 9white and black) told him he only was chosen because of his color, and how he was a token. Colin stated he would only respond "that's your opinion and that's fine". Colin stated he never focused on those negative people or those negative comments because he understood that how he got the position did not matter, what mattered is how he performed....

factchecker
factchecker 12/03/08 - 07:08 am
"We cannot continue to rely

"We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded." Barack Obama. NOW if that is not a national police force or a domestic only Army then what is it?

factchecker
factchecker 12/03/08 - 07:11 am
Get it right Mr. Thomas -

Get it right Mr. Thomas - It's not WHO but WHAT he represents.

christian134
christian134 12/03/08 - 07:13 am
Oh please David Thomas

Oh please David Thomas anytime anyone speaks out against the Obama regime we are considered "haters"...Turn the coin over and look to yourselves when you and other Democrats spoke slurs and otherwise mean scurrilous remarks against Bush, his administration, as well as the Republican voters...This is different...Right? I will say this that the people, by and large, who voted against Obama will be respectful and dignified when it comes to having him as our President...It is the Office of Presidency that I respect...The man who sits in the Oval Office will have to earn his measure of respect...

j2says
j2says 12/03/08 - 07:52 am
Actually, the President's

Actually, the President's office automatically earns Obama a level of respect. You can't separate the person from the office to suit your agenda As far turning the coin, Republicans and Democrats alike equally make disparaging remarks about one another. No party is has rose above the negativity. Nor is one party morally superior or better mannered than the other. The comments I read each day lets me know that to be a fact.

christian134
christian134 12/03/08 - 08:18 am
Yes I can i2says I most

Yes I can i2says I most certainly can separate the two as I have been able to do that over the past many years...Time goes on, Presidents come and go...The only constant would be the people and the consequences of bad politics...This nation is still young compared to the rest of the world as such she is still in the growing pains time slot...What becomes of her depends on many variables...But let me just say that respect is earned not given automatically...Being polite is necessary but not respect...Two very distinct actions...

j2says
j2says 12/03/08 - 08:27 am
Obviously you and I have a

Obviously you and I have a fundamental difference on the idea of respect. I give respect to people regardless. I think respect is given to everyone initially until they prove themselves unworthy. If people have to go around "earning" respect then how am I supposed to address someone I don't know. In my opinion, respect is the basis of most interpersonal interactions but that's my opinion and I'm entitled too it just as you are entitled to yours.

JesusIsComing
JesusIsComing 12/03/08 - 08:34 am
Obama has just one more

Obama has just one more hurdle to cross. The Supreme Court is considering a lawsuit regarding Barack Obama's birth certificate. He is being asked to prove he is a "natural born citizen".

christian134
christian134 12/03/08 - 08:37 am
Obama has already proven

Obama has already proven himself unworthy of my respect on his liberal views of abortion-slaughter of the innocent procedures- i2says...That alone along with all his other questionable actions is enough for me to not respect this man...

teharper428
teharper428 12/03/08 - 08:48 am
So christian, I assume you

So christian, I assume you support such programs as Head Start and health insurance for children from low income families since you are so concerned about innocent children. And if not, how concerned are you really about the innocent children?

j2says
j2says 12/03/08 - 08:50 am
If this was your fundamental

If this was your fundamental bone to pick with Obama but then I could understand your opinion. But then your posts come in with other less admirable/truthful objections to his presidency and it just very telling.

bcs2k
bcs2k 12/03/08 - 09:00 am
I see certain CSRA residents

I see certain CSRA residents and citizens of other anti-Obama regions are still loosing sleep because a grown man is not producing a birth certificate for you to inspect. This request is the silliest thing ever. Seriously...what grown man, who is in a position where such information has already been verified, is going to produce something again for you? Get a life. Christian134; What is the significance of your moniker? I assume it can't be religion because your idea of respect seems so un-Christian. Why do you hate Obama so much?

HotFoot
HotFoot 12/03/08 - 09:00 am
JesusIsComing, please check

JesusIsComing, please check out http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthcertificate.asp for current information about Obama's birth certificate. I suspect that won't stop you from spreading this hateful rumor, but for anyone interested in the truth, it's addressed here.

jackfruitpaper833
jackfruitpaper833 12/03/08 - 09:08 am
Oh my God christian134 says

Oh my God christian134 says she's a christian, God help her, how in the world is she going to make into heaven with such anger and hate? Just ungodly and unholy. I am yet praying that God will remove the scales off her eyes and deliver her from the cares of this world in Jesus name.

j2says
j2says 12/03/08 - 09:12 am
I've also been curious that

I've also been curious that if you don't agree with abortion is the death penalty ok? I see that as legalized murder despite what the person did to get in that predicament. Murder is still murder.

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/03/08 - 09:28 am
Well j2says, how do you

Well j2says, how do you condone abortion but abhor capital punishment? Murder is still Murder..right?

j2says
j2says 12/03/08 - 09:39 am
Actually, just the facts I

Actually, just the facts I personally don't agree with either. However, my personal beliefs don't allow me to infringe upon the rights of other people to make a decision they fill is correct for their lives. I can only judge and dictate what I choose to do. With that being said as long as it remains legal then people have a choice and a right to engage in said behavior if they so choose.

christian134
christian134 12/03/08 - 09:40 am
Pray for yourselves and your

Pray for yourselves and your over-rated self-importance because as surely as the day is long and night still comes I do not have to care one whit about what you believe or do not believe i2says...This has been said in all the kindness that I can possibly muster this very fine morning...:-)

dani
dani 12/03/08 - 09:41 am
justthefacts..There is no way

justthefacts..There is no way to compare taking the life of an innocent unborn to taking the life of a proven criminal, a criminal who is usually a killer in his own right. Shame on you for placing a baby on the same level as that of the criminal.

christian134
christian134 12/03/08 - 09:43 am
i2says who are you to say

i2says who are you to say what I believe and what I do not unless it it spoken on these boards...You have no idea what it is that I adhere unless you know myself personally...But this much I will say that it is not right to kill anyone in the womb or out of the womb...I came to terms with that sometime ago...But that is beside the point as it is not important what you think or feel concerning my thoughts and beliefs...

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/03/08 - 09:44 am
dani, please read my comment

dani, please read my comment a little closer and in context.

j2says
j2says 12/03/08 - 09:47 am
Same to you Christian! Pray

Same to you Christian! Pray for yourselves...wow! What a way to minister. And why are you getting so upset Christian? I was just saying that I don't believe his stance on abortion is the only thing you have against Obama. Your posts reflect my stance (maybe you should review them). I didn't call your Christian values into question (although you did mention mine in another thread). I really don't know or care what you believe. I never called your character into question or really insulted you as a person. You know why? That's because I don't know you. I never said I did. Honestly, I don't what your problem is nor do I really care. And if you are really that concerned about some perceived assault on you and your beliefs based on what a complete stranger says about you perhaps it's time to log off.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 12/03/08 - 09:53 am
All of you racists that

All of you racists that disagree with Obama's marxist ways are racists. All of you racists that don't believe what Obama meant instead of what Obama said are just racists. All of you racists that don't fit neatly into the mold assigned to you are obviously just racists. Don't be informed, don't have an opinion different from Obama's and don't express an intelligent, informed opinion or you will qualify to be called racist.

griesella
griesella 12/03/08 - 09:55 am
A recent Zogby poll showed

A recent Zogby poll showed McCain supporters more enlightened than Obama supporters. i.e...Zogby Poll 512 Obama Voters 11/13/08-11/15/08 MOE +/- 4.4 points 97.1% High School Graduate or higher, 55% College Graduates Results to 12 simple Multiple Choice Questions -------------------------- 57.4% could NOT correctly say which party controls congress (50/50 shot just by guessing) 71.8% could NOT correctly say Joe Biden quit a previous campaign because of plagiarism (25% chance by guessing) 82.6% could NOT correctly say that Barack Obama won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot (25% chance by guessing) 88.4% could NOT correctly say that Obama said his policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket (25% chance by guessing) 56.1% could NOT correctly say Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground (25% chance by guessing). And yet..... 85% knw that Sarah Palin has a pregnant daughter

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/03/08 - 09:55 am
j2says, hey I don't want

j2says, hey I don't want toget into this thing too deep. You have a right to your opinion. But, one last question. If you don't agree with abortion as you stated, isn't it your responsibility to do what is needed to eliminate them? You say it is legal and it is. Shouldn't you be involved in changing the law. Isn't that how laws are made in the first place? The people decide?

christian134
christian134 12/03/08 - 09:59 am
:-) i2says...

:-) i2says...

j2says
j2says 12/03/08 - 10:13 am
Actually, no I shouldn't

Actually, no I shouldn't because there are a lot things that I don't think are morally correct with the way I run MY life. For instance, I would prefer everyone not to drink or smoke or live with people they are not married to but it's their right to do it and it's legal. If I get into the slippery slope of changing the law everytime I don't like something where does it end?

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/03/08 - 10:15 am
OK. Have a good one.

OK. Have a good one.

factchecker
factchecker 12/03/08 - 10:28 am
Some observers say the site

Some observers say the site Snopes.com is colored by a liberal political bias and that the Mikkelsons (owners) have been too quick to label politically incorrect news stories as urban legends. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1571/is_12_18/ai_84396670/pg_1?ta...