Pray for Obama; it's what Christians do

I have followed presidential elections since President Ronald Reagan. In the past, I have been disappointed with the choice America has made, and in some cases extremely proud.

But I have never been angry and spiteful at the results of America's choice.

Even after watching Gore and Kerry lose with some controversy, I didn't see on television or in print news the anger and hatred I see today.

If you don't like President-elect Obama or don't like his policies, then you should have driven more people to the polls. You should have registered more people to vote, you should have given more money to your candidate's campaign or you could have run for office yourself and created change that way.

But don't put your hatred into the world -- name calling or accusations about being the Antichrist. President-elect Obama is a Christian man who has a different world view. I can't see the world as he sees it because I haven't lived his life. But I trust God, and if you trust God the way you say you do, then you know to pray for President-elect Obama to get the right message and to pray for his advisers to get the right message. This is what Christians do!

I disagreed with many prior presidents' policies but I never had the feeling of hate in my heart for them. What I have read in newspapers over the past several days are messages of hate mixed with policy disagreements.

What I love about the editorials is that citizens have the right to express their opinions. This is what makes America great and sometimes dangerous. Having rights shouldn't make you reckless. If people truly believe President-elect Obama will ruin the country then they are one president and eight years too late.

Tony Littles

New Ellenton, S.C.

Lobosolo
Lobosolo 11/26/08 - 03:38 am
Well stated, Mr.Littles. Too

Well stated, Mr.Littles. Too much screed from so-called Christians belittles their belief in Christ's teachings. On a daily basis, these pseudo-Christians scream with hate for all unlike themselves. They speak endlessly FOR Christ, with no thought at all to the blasphemy related with doing such. They take it upon themselves to judge for God, shamelessly opining way above their pay grade. They claim to have a corner on patriotism as well. Christ was all about lifting up the poor, who seem to be an anathema to these pious individuals. America, according to her tenets, was established as a refuge from intolerance and a place to be free men. Just wait until all the righteous, un-Christlike blather starts because of your letter. It will be swift and utterly predictable.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/26/08 - 04:23 am
See how they can't stop

See how they can't stop themselves from the Bush hating. Kinda slipped out right there at the end. Remember Obama's campaign promises. He will balance the budget in his first term. Anyone making less than $250,000 per yr will get a tax cut. He will bring the troops home in 16 months. It ain't about Christianity, it's about lies and bad policies. This guy is a snake oil salesman,INHO. And last I checked, expressing my opinion had nothing to do with your deranged definition of hate. Not God bless America, but God......

MtnMan
MtnMan 11/26/08 - 05:07 am
Lobosolo...You took the words

Lobosolo...You took the words right out of my mouth! I agree with every word you have written.. This hatred that is "spewed" in this coulumn is the kind of thing that has held us up to ridicule by the rest of the Nation. Remember how proud Georgians were of Lester Maddox that they made him Governor? He Rode around the US Capitol, on a bicycle handing out ax handles...Oh Georgia was so proud of him! If you don't know or remember what the ax handles were for do a little research.

factchecker
factchecker 11/26/08 - 06:21 am
I am so proud. Apparently Mr.

I am so proud. Apparently Mr. Littles has been reading my posts about the anti-Christ. The last I heard the US was a place that allowed freedom of speech and differing opinions. Oh the intolerance when the shoe is on the other foot. I can understand the comments of Mr. Littles, Lobosolo and MtnMan. They that follow the anti-Christ will do so blindly and willingly. BTW, as I have pointed out and shown several times, the discussions that go on here are going on in every part of the country so NO we are not held up to ridicule by the rest of the Nation.

Nammy
Nammy 11/26/08 - 06:25 am
Way to go, Putt...

Way to go, Putt...

JesusIsComing
JesusIsComing 11/26/08 - 07:02 am
Mr. Littles, If only you had

Mr. Littles, If only you had prayed for President Bush for the past eight years - just imagine the utopia we'd all be living in!

intheknow
intheknow 11/26/08 - 07:45 am
Who is this " Antichrist" you

Who is this " Antichrist" you all keep talking about? Palin? I would think that intelligent people could disagree without the smearing of a person in public.

factchecker
factchecker 11/26/08 - 07:59 am
If you were really

If you were really "intheknow" you would know that Obama is the anti-Christ.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 11/26/08 - 08:17 am
Yeah and if he was really,

Yeah and if he was really, really "intheknow" he would know that you are a certified nut case.

ThatOne
ThatOne 11/26/08 - 09:03 am
Mr.Littles good LTE; problem

Mr.Littles good LTE; problem is these bitter folks aren't christians!!! You have to be a christian to pray for someone!

ThatOne
ThatOne 11/26/08 - 09:06 am
factchecker: Grow up a

factchecker: Grow up a little kid...You ramble about nothing and contradict yourself often...Are you trying to be obtuse or are you serious?

ThatOne
ThatOne 11/26/08 - 09:10 am
14PUTT: He never said he

14PUTT: He never said he would balance the budget his first term, so you can kill that lie!! Stop creating your own reality and stick with the facts!Look, your canidate lost okay, and tearing down the president elect before he gets in office isn't helping you!! Stop hating! You would come out better if you saved your jaundiced persective for him when he actually does something wrong!!

VoteER
VoteER 11/26/08 - 09:11 am
If you look at the life of

If you look at the life of Hilter, Obama sounds very similar. Just go watch his documentary.

justthefacts
20410
justthefacts 11/26/08 - 09:21 am
"Thatone", glass-house.

"Thatone", glass-house.

ThatOne
ThatOne 11/26/08 - 09:26 am
VoteEr: Hitler and Obama are

VoteEr: Hitler and Obama are the same you are right!!! Now that I've stroked your jaundiced ego can you get back to reality and get off the thread!

gnumbgnuts
gnumbgnuts 11/26/08 - 09:27 am
Pray for Obama to go away.

Pray for Obama to go away. It's what GOOD Christians do.

GACopperhead
GACopperhead 11/26/08 - 09:28 am
voter, so does the Republican

voter, so does the Republican party.

ThatOne
ThatOne 11/26/08 - 09:35 am
$50 trillion in the tank and

$50 trillion in the tank and people think their taxes shouldn't be raised...If me paying $1-3K more in taxes a year will help get this country out ditch Bush has driven us in then I'm willing to pay it!!

ThatOne
ThatOne 11/26/08 - 09:36 am
gnumbgnuts: Vote in 2012 and

gnumbgnuts: Vote in 2012 and make it happen then!

soldout
soldout 11/26/08 - 09:37 am
If Obama is a Christian he

If Obama is a Christian he has not re-newed his mind. Out of the heart man speaks. He speaks of abortion as a good thing so his mind is not re-newed. He is pro-death and that is satan's view. He needs to agree with God and not satan. If he is a non-Christian the only prayer for him would be salvation and him turning to Christ.

ThatOne
ThatOne 11/26/08 - 09:45 am
Soldout: Who is a christian?

Soldout: Who is a christian? Who does he have to prove that to? You? Are you a christian? When was the last time your butt dented a pew? When was the last time you creased the cover of a Bible? Does being pro-choice make a person unchristian? How about being pro death penalty? I look at how a person lives and treats others; how do you treat others? Where is your family, how do you treat them? Have children, how do you treat them? Have you cheated on your wife and married your mistress? Ever hurt your fellow man?? In your mind what would Jesus come back looking like, a rich person or poor begger? How would he get around, by foot or Hummer, Mercedes, or BMW? What's your story since you seem to be the enlightened one? Tell us how to live?? Tell people like myself who voted for Obama how to live as christians? Let God speak through you right NOW!!! This is your moment to reach out to the 66,882,230 heathens who voted for satan and Obama...

SusieQ
SusieQ 11/26/08 - 09:54 am
Tony,Your letter was

Tony,Your letter was interesting until your last sentence. If you think our president's should be prayed for, why didn't you pray for President Bush. Seems like you threw him a low blow there.
We can't win them all. I didn't vote for Obama but I'm willing to see what he can do in the next four years. May God Bless Us All!
SusieQ

HotFoot
HotFoot 11/26/08 - 10:01 am
Soldout, so glad you have a

Soldout, so glad you have a direct pipeline to God's wisdom. Does the word Pharisee mean anything to ya? By the way, the letter writer is making an earnest plea, not trying to squelch free speech. Many here don't know the difference. And pointing out the obvious fact that Bush has run this country into the ground on every front is hardly "hating", it's exercising one's reason. But you know what? I will admit it here: I DO hate Bush. I didn't like him at the outset, but I hoped that he was an honorable man who would do his best for this country. He wasn't and he hasn't. And now, oh YEAH, I HATE the SOB. So sue me.

SusieQ
SusieQ 11/26/08 - 10:08 am
midwestern-- It's wrong to

midwestern-- It's wrong to hate like that and call anyone that name. I will pray for you.It's sad when someone has that much hate.Have you ever met the man?May GOD BLESS YOU!SusieQ

undetected
undetected 11/26/08 - 10:10 am
great post response thatone.

great post response thatone. great article mr. littles. i am so sick of these one issue voters. whether or not you agrees with obama on abortion has nothing to do with how he can run this country. look at all of the issues and see how many you agree with and how many you dont. thats how you make an intelligent decision. weigh out both candidates. one issue cannot determine whether you can fix an economy, restore peoples faith in govt, save our soldiers, enhance our kids education, create health care plans so we can all be a lil more healthier, ( all of you have had an aunt, somebody to have some illness, there are more preventive measures out there and we have to try to obtain them, i need a president that is going to not only look at the middle class and rich but how about the poor. we are hurting and this recession began when bush was in office not when obama won. i have prayed for all our pres. the bible says to pray for your leaders not the ones you voted for. i prayed for mr. bush's leadership -all leaders. and will continue to do so.

teharper428
teharper428 11/26/08 - 10:17 am
Pro-life or pro-birth, there

Pro-life or pro-birth, there is a difference. Pro-birth addresses the fetus being born. Pro-life is protecting the unborn AND protecting the child after birth by endorsing such programs as Head Start, universal health care and other social programs for poor children. Pro-life is protecting both the fetus and the child once they are born.

justthefacts
20410
justthefacts 11/26/08 - 10:39 am
I think ole Midwest has some

I think ole Midwest has some anger issues. Whew. Anyway, Bush kicked you arse two elections in a row. Must have been irritating for you. I bet he would be happy to know how miserable he made your life.

factchecker
factchecker 11/26/08 - 10:42 am
You ramble about nothing and

Posted by "ThatOne" on Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:06 AM - Where have I contradicted myself?

HotFoot
HotFoot 11/26/08 - 10:55 am
If you're not angry about

If you're not angry about where this country finds itself after eight years of incompetence, corruption, and greed, then you're not much of an American. And SusieQ, please DON"T pray for me. I don't need your piety, nor your pity. And "SOB" is a polite term for what Bush is.

palomino9
palomino9 11/26/08 - 10:56 am
well put, the republittles

well put, the republittles will once again be pulled out of financial distress by a Democrat. They should be grateful.

Man reports McCormick attack

A South Carolina man told police three men attempted to sexually assault him and then shot at him while he was bicycling in McCormick County late Saturday.