- Chain Baseball of Augusta is enrolling for winter programs for ages 6-18. There will be individual lessons in all aspects of baseball, group sessions and off-season conditioning programs. Limited space is available. If interested, call (706) 993-7475.
l A baseball camp featuring former Augusta GreenJacket Elio Sarmiento will be held on Dec. 6 at Lake Olmstead Stadium. Several local college players will be participating in teaching the clinic. The camp is limited to the first 60 players ages 10 and up. Deadline for registration is Wednesday . For more information, visit www.usmcbaseball.com or contact Marty Ogden at (706) 650-8820, (706) 627-7772 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- The EC Warriors 15U travel baseball team is looking for several dedicated players for the upcoming season. For more information, call Kevin Lake at (864) 992-3995 or Ty Face at (706) 564-9695.
- The Augusta Recreation and Parks Department is holding adult basketball registration through Nov. 30 . Men's open, industrial and church leagues available. For more information, call Lida Gregg at (706) 842-2682 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Augusta Boxing Club will present open-to-the-public sparring matches on Dec. 4 at the Augusta Boxing Club, located at 1929 Walton Way. There is no charge for attendance, and the public is welcome. Adult boxers must weigh in the previous Monday and youth must weigh in Tuesday to be eligible to spar. For information, call Tom Moraetes at (706) 733-7533.
- The inaugural State Boxing Championships will be held on Dec. 6 at 7 p.m. at the North Augusta Boxing Club Gym at 3294 Augusta Road, Burnettown, S.C. Silver Gloves State Champions ages 10-15 from 60 to 201 pounds will advance to regional and national competitions. Admission is $10. Children 6 and under are free. For more information, call (803) 593-1175.
l Legendary coach Frank Broyles will be the keynote speaker at the Alzheimer's Association's 10th annual Education Conference on March 14 at Fort Gordon's Gordon Club. He will also speak at a special Alzheimer's Association dinner at the Pinnacle Club on Friday prior to the conference. For more information, call the Alzheimer's Association at (706) 731-9060.
- The Waynesboro Country Club will host a 27-hole three-man scramble on Dec. 7 . Cost is $195 per team and includes mulligans and lunch. Field is limited to first 30 teams. Shotgun start is 9:30 a.m. Teams will play 18 holes then a 9-hole shootout to determine winners of each flight. To sign up, contact Hank Tinley at (706) 554-2262.
- The Augusta Rugby Football Club invites all people interested in rugby to practices each Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Julian Smith Casino ballpark. New players are welcome. For information, call Erika Pracht at (803) 634-3186 or e-mail email@example.com. The Web site is www.augustarugby.org.
l The Georgia Rockers 14U fastpitch team is looking for three to four girls to complete their roster. If interested, call Chuck Faulkner at (706) 373-3459.
- Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) will conduct its professional development course, the International Certification Workshop, at Citizens Park Tennis Center in Waynesboro on Jan. 3-4 . The fee for the workshop is $95. For more information or to register, call the PTR headquarters at 1 (800) 421-6289 or visit www.ptrtennis.org.