Hatred lives long after Obama election

With the presidential election of a black man, the KKK, skinheads and the threatened lower, middle and upper classes are crawling out from under their rocks, like spiders, spewing their venom against blacks.

Nor have Florida, California, Arkansas and Arizona changed. They continued to show their hatred for gay Americans by their votes.

Everyone wants the right to pursue happiness, and part of the pursuit is sharing their life and loving someone even if that someone happens to be the same sex.

I was sickened to learn that two of the largest segments in these four states were blacks and Latinos, who voted against the rights of gay people to legally have same sex marriages and adopt children.

After all these years of fighting for your own human rights against people who think blacks should be in the fields of the old plantation and Latinos should go back to south of the border, you vote to treat gays people as non-humans, unworthy of their legal rights.

I expect this from the conservative religious right. They are the largest organized group of racists and hatemongers in America. I would like to see these "churches" paying taxes since they no longer keep church and state separate. That would keep them busy with a whole new legal issue, and maybe they would leave the rest of us alone (and it would help our economy too).

Many Americans may have voted for "change," but they have yet to have an epiphany about the eradication of racism and discrimination. Change is not done yet, but hopefully, has a good start with President-Elect Obama and his administration in 2009.

Don Tate

Evans

Nammy
Nammy 11/19/08 - 03:45 am
Mr. Tate---he is not

Mr. Tate---he is not BLACK!!!!

_SisterAbdullahX_
_SisterAbdullahX_ 11/19/08 - 05:59 am
Do you expect to see Obama's

Do you expect to see Obama's former church paying taxes as well?

_SisterAbdullahX_
_SisterAbdullahX_ 11/19/08 - 06:02 am
"Gays are well-educated,

"Gays are well-educated, law-abiding, hard-working, tax-paying Americans whose dream is to be happy in their existence and enjoy the same legal benefits that are bestowed on the remainder of the country." All of them? Really? Ever heard of generalization? It works both ways.

Trouble1
Trouble1 11/19/08 - 06:24 am
Why is it that just because i

Why is it that just because i believe that obama is a scoialist, and did not vote for him, that makes me racist along the same lines as the kkk or the skinheads????? You can share your life and love someone without a little piece of paper, it is not necessiary to be married to live together. Mr. Tate, you need to read your letter and see just how stupid you sound calling other people names for not agreeing with you or voting your way.

myobgdi
myobgdi 11/19/08 - 06:46 am
I'll keep my money and my

I'll keep my money and my guns. YOU can keep the CHANGE!

avidreader
avidreader 11/19/08 - 07:31 am
I was in the hotel and

I was in the hotel and restaurant business for many years, and I always enjoyed the company of the gay segment of the industry -- lots and lots of them. I befriended them, socialized with them, and respected them. Even now I support their protection from a vast number of American bigots, but the truth be told, I wish they had remained in the closet. I also respect Christians and those of other faiths. I believe that their voices are often neglected in politics and they have finally broken through and made a stand. What's the problem with "civil contracts" which allow all the rights of traditional couples? Christians are not complaining about these contracts. They simply want to sustain the values of "Holy" Matrimony. It appears that a unified voice has spoken. These voters are uncomfortable with homosexuals being united in the eyes of God, and so be it. And by the way, I am an atheist.

Dra1000
Dra1000 11/19/08 - 07:41 am
Mr. Tate, I'm sorry to say

Mr. Tate,
I'm sorry to say that your argument doesn't hold water with me. I believe marriage is a sacred and it is only meant to be shared by a man and a woman as God intended. Also I don't believe you can compare the plight of gays to that of African Americans in this country because they did not choose the color of their skin but gays choose to live the way they do. It's almost like saying that an alcoholic was born that way. You can change if you like but you choose to continue to live in sin. I know that you will say that you were born that way but I believe that homosexuality is a learned behavior and it can be changed. Pray about it Mr. Tate

Paws..
Paws.. 11/19/08 - 07:56 am
The most visible hate since

The most visible hate since the election has been coming from homosexuals. A church service invaded in Michigan, an elderly woman assaulted and the cross she had was jerked out of her hands and stompped on the ground, hateful threats, intimidation and physical violence all coming from homosexuals. Tate's letter is in typical homosexual pervert form in that it turns the truth backward and embraces the lie. Homosexuality is an assault against God's image in humanity and is thoroughly evil.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/19/08 - 08:38 am
Hate thrived for 8 long years

Hate thrived for 8 long years while President Bush has been in office. Who was responsible for that? I don't hate Obama. I think he is a liar & a charlatan who would say any thing to get elected. I think he lacks basic core beliefs that are good for America. I believe his economic policies are disastrous for America, as do many economic advisers. I believe he is filled with beliefs about how other forms of government rule would be better for our country. I believe he has a different plan for our military that will put us in harms way. I think he is very prejudiced and has used the race card to his advantage while talking about unity & one America. Sorry I have opinions. Guess I'll just go back under my rock.

Bizarro
Bizarro 11/19/08 - 08:39 am
What a racist letter. I

What a racist letter. I wonder if he also plans some violence against these minorities because they don't support gay marriage. These gays are getting worst than all these religious groups who try and force their beliefs on people. They voted against it, as is their right as a citizen. Get over it. Remember too the Palestinians voted in Hamas as we voted in Obama. Apt comparison as you don't have to like the outcome of a vote, but NO!!!!! not California they will just override the will of the people. That is what is truly sick.

georgiaboy30909
georgiaboy30909 11/19/08 - 08:41 am
To the Queer Loving Tate.

To the Queer Loving Tate. This country was built on Christianity and the Bible. It stood on Christian and Biblical Beliefs. until the likes of you came along with your warpped views. Anyone a Christian can not vote to legalize same sex marriage, PERIOD. If you are that unfamiliar with what the Bible says ask and thou shall receive.

Bizarro
Bizarro 11/19/08 - 08:49 am
Well I'm sure pedophilia is

Well I'm sure pedophilia is just as biological as homosexuality but we don't accept pedophilia. Rights should not be based on a sexual preference. Comparing this to racism is fallacious because blacks were seeking basic human rights-not sexual rights. If you open the bag of worms of conditioning rights because of a sexual preference then eventually multiple marriages and even pedophilia will be brought before the courts crying equal rights under the law. My bet the ACLU will once again defend both as they have the man-boy love cause.

justus4
justus4 11/19/08 - 08:49 am
This writer is trying to

This writer is trying to compare being gay to being an African-American and compares denial of legal gay marriage to being a minority in America. His view is completely wrong and the gay community will suffer a backlash for such comparisions, because of the seriousness concerning civil rights. The comparision is foolishness and here is why; some gays have made decisions to change lifestyles, however, No African-American have changed their color. Being gay is behavior, while being black is ethnic. Again, apples and oranges. Please keep them seperate.

carcraft
carcraft 11/19/08 - 08:50 am
I am tired of liberals

I am tired of liberals finding "rights" all over the place. Liberals are very hypocritical in their enforcement of rights. If you are a 14 year old girl abused by an adult male your right to privacy when he forces you to have an abortion is absolute. If you are Joe the plumber it is OK for Ohio officials to go throught your private records and reveal information to the press! Is marriage a right? I don't think so. If I am an ugly, stupid, heinous criminal, and a misogynistic, women beating jerk and I can't find someone to merry me can I sue the government for a wife to merry to fulfill my right? Can I merry some one elses wife while she is still merried to that individual? Can I merry my sister? Can I merry my mother? Can I merry more that one wife? Can I choose the cultural I want to form my marriage contract (I want to own my wife so if she displeases me I can sell her for some goats)? Can my wife merry some one else while still merried to me? Can five or six people merry each other and live in a tribal commune? Marriage isn't a right. Marriage is a contract between a man and a women officated by the state for the stability of the state. Get over it Mr. Tate!

truth-now
truth-now 11/19/08 - 08:58 am
I certainly don't condone

I certainly don't condone crazy skinheads or members of the KKK, and I certainly don't want any of those crazies to do anything to Obama. However, I disagree philosophically with much of what Obama has said he wants to do as President, and letters like this will not make me be quiet in my principled opposition.

truth-now
truth-now 11/19/08 - 09:00 am
Let's talk about racism,

Let's talk about racism, since you brought it up, Mr. Tate. 96% of blacks voted for the O-man. If that's not racist.... well, even you have to admit that it is.

DrGunby68
DrGunby68 11/19/08 - 09:02 am
African-Americans make up

African-Americans make up 6.7% of the population of CA or about 2.43M. About 50% are eligible to vote and about 70% turned out (a guess). That's 850K people. 70% voted in favor or about 600K people (the exit polls did not accurately sample black males and most showed NA in this demo). The thing lost by 480K votes. So you needed 240K AA's to change their vote or about 25% more. That 240K is 4.9% of the total people that voted to ban gay marriage. So you buy into whatever spin you get told and blame the smallest part of one of the smallest groups in the state. It's like being the last person in test score and not getting in and blaming the one person directly above you instead of the other 95% that beat you. Read and understand please...you're being fed a line by the far left.

Bizarro
Bizarro 11/19/08 - 09:21 am
Oh the irony! the left needed

Oh the irony! the left needed the black vote to get Obama elected but I guess they never thought they would be capable of thinking and having differing opinions and it could possibly backfire. It reminds me of the The Good, the bad, and the ugly. Unfortunately the black community was duped by this white man-Obama.

SCGAL53
SCGAL53 11/19/08 - 09:27 am
We should all pray for Mr

We should all pray for Mr Tate. Pray he sees the error of his ways.
Mr Tate, stop stirring up trouble using false accusations.

owensjef2
owensjef2 11/19/08 - 09:28 am
truth-now we sure did, we

truth-now we sure did, we like him. Zero percent of blacks voted for Alan Keys so there goes that point.

ishefa
ishefa 11/19/08 - 09:28 am
Mr. Tate I understand your

Mr. Tate I understand your argument and your pain. Most of the racist south did not vote for Obama, nor does the Augusta Chronicle give him the respect as their president. Which is why I stopped subscribing to their paper. Gays have sufferred horrendously since the rise of patriacrhal Christian hegemony in the world. The racists will always be what they are. However, they will never win. Hate and violence has always been their fuel and it is what nourishes their soul. I am not gay, but I do believe that they are entitled to the same protection under the law to enjoy the same civil and human rights as all citizens of this world. I would encourage you to continue your fight to win your rights, and to leave the hate mongerers to their misery. They beleive they are acting in accordance to their "God" and you must walk in accordance to your own truth.

owensjef2
owensjef2 11/19/08 - 09:32 am
So Bizarro he was a Black

So Bizarro he was a Black socialist before the election now he is White. Who cares give the man a chance. Only love can conquer hate

Bizarro
Bizarro 11/19/08 - 09:38 am
Ishefa. What a load of crap.

Ishefa. What a load of crap. I guess "truth" is just whatever you want to believe eh. So you don't have to believe in air either, but it won't stop you from breathing it everyday. What does "hate and violence" have to do with it-other than gays are hateful and now violent against those who disagree. That is the way to win friends and influence enemies. So I guess you believe we should all enjoy the same civil rights would also apply to multple marriages, pedophilia, drug use, etc., etc., etc. Otherwise you are being capricious and bigotted towards those groups. Catch-22.

Bizarro
Bizarro 11/19/08 - 09:42 am
Only Christ can conquer hate.

Only Christ can conquer hate. Most people love a selfish love. Knowing Christ you should come to understand true unselfish love. Wars have been fought over Love as Hate too. Love and hate are two sides of the same coin. You can grow to love or hate anything because you care and you can also love or hate something because you don't understand it.

1trugent
1trugent 11/19/08 - 09:44 am
Don Tate, Churches will start

Don Tate, Churches will start paying taxes when welfare recipients start paying taxes.

rufus
rufus 11/19/08 - 09:48 am
Back in the closet.

Back in the closet.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/19/08 - 09:49 am
Actually welfare recepients

Actually welfare recepients do pay taxes according to Obama. Just look at their pay checks every week....oooopppsss...what was I thinking???

Bizarro
Bizarro 11/19/08 - 09:50 am
Was that a hook or a slice?

Was that a hook or a slice? What kind of handicap will you give me? (man I set myself up for that one).

ishefa
ishefa 11/19/08 - 09:53 am
It is difficult to follow

It is difficult to follow your flawed logic and respond in a way that would be productive for Mr. Tate and those who understand his position. Gay protest is not a manifestation of "hate" as it is a reaction to an arrogant, oppressive form of intolerance by those groups who continue to impose their "truths" on the minority through political violence cloaked as "morality." Catagorizing gay people in the same groups as "pedaphiles,drug abusers, etc., is a clear example of the form of bigotry and ignorance of which Mr. Tate and others speak. You might want to examine the moral hypocrisy of the Christian (Catholic) Church for examples of institutional pedaphilia, corruption, and evil, before you pin immorality on Gays. You might also want to examine the history of the Southern Chistian chruchs who fully supported and encouraged chattel slavery, segregation, oppression of women etc., while preaching "love forgivness and mercy" in "Christ's" name. It is in your most beloved institutions where the cup is most corrupted. Stop imposing your values on others. You have neither a divine nor moral right to do so.

Bizarro
Bizarro 11/19/08 - 09:57 am
But your argument Ishefa is

But your argument Ishefa is you agree gays can impose their beliefs on the rest of the population. Not very democratic are we-and hypocritical. As far as your attack against Christianity (not much love there and some could call it hate) you want people to accept homosexual marriage but then you can discriminate against religions. We are not living in the past so past arguments don't hold anymore as times have changed. Your arguments do the cause little good. From your argument-you oppose religions forcing their opinions on others, but you are O.K. with gays doing it. Hypocrisy. Your hate and bigotted speech against religions is transparent, which does little to suppport your logic for supporting gay marriage. Did you think this opinion through or are you just shooting from the hip? I support civil agreements for legal purposes so gays or anyone can share health and financial issues with those of their choice-but don't link it to a sexual preference and call it gay marriage. Roe vs Wade didn't have anything to do with reproductive rights or sexual freedom but it was a right to privacy issue. Sexual preference is not grounds for civil rights.