- Monday: SuCCess Columbia County Style; 4-7 p.m., Liberty Park Community Center, 1040 Newmantown Road, Grovetown; business fair and networking event; free members, $10 nonmembers; Tammy Shepherd at (706) 651-0018 or tammy@ columbiacountychamber.com.
- Thursday: Cost and Price Proposal Development; 9 a.m., GaTech Procurement Assistance Center, 1450 Greene St., Suite 3500; for anyone preparing responses to government contracting opportunities; topics include budgets, fixed and variable costs, overheads, general and administrative costs and profit, spreadsheets and documenting cost support; free; registration required; R.S.V.P. to www.gtpac.org, Todd Hurd at (706) 721-4529.
- Thursday: Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce 2008 Conference on Substance Abuse; 3-5 p.m., Augusta Technical College, J. B. Patrick Auditorium, 3200 Augusta Tech Drive; registration begins 6:30 p.m.; speaker is Dr. Lonise Bias; topics are employer and employee drug education, effective communication and development of support systems and healthy relationships at work; free to Augusta Metro Drugs Don't Work Program pembers, $25 nonmembers; call (706) 821-1300 to register.
- Thursday: Writing a Business Plan seminar; 6 p.m., Augusta Small Business Development Center Office, Enterprise Mill, 1450 Greene St., Suite 3500; $49; advance registration preferred; D. McKenzie at (706) 721-4545.
- Friday: Covering Your Assets; 8 a.m., Augusta Tech McDuffie County campus, 388 Tech Drive N.W., Thomson; practical guides to avoid employment litigation and motivate employees; $50; Carolyn Gilbert at (706) 597-1000.
l Nov. 18: Columbia County Chamber Pre-Legislative Breakfast; 7:15-9 a.m., Savannah Rapids Pavilion, 3300 Evans to Locks Road; with keynote speaker state Sen. Eric Johnson; free members, $20 first-time visitors; Tammy Shepherd at (706) 651-0018 or tammy@columbia countychamber.com.
- Nov. 18: National Philanthropy Day Awards Luncheon; registration 11:30 a.m., program at noon; Augusta Country Club, 655 Milledge Road; presented by Greater Augusta chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals; $40, table of eight $320; tickets must be purchased in advance; Beverly Peltier at (706) 771-4023.
- Nov. 18: November Business Forum; 1-3 p.m., Sandler Training, 699 Broad St., Suite 1001; forum for business owners, CEOs and executives; to register, call (706) 432-0040 or visit www.ssp.sandler.com.
- Nov. 18: Young Professionals of Augusta Meeting; 6 p.m. social, 7 p.m. meeting; open to young professionals ages 21-40 in Augusta area; meetings free to attend; $35 membership; www.ypaugusta.net
- Nov. 21: Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce Women in Business Signature Event; 6:30 p.m. registration and cocktails, 7:30 p.m. dinner and program; Augusta Marriott Hotel and Suites, 2 10th St.; topic is The Power of Influence and Advocacy; guest speaker Hala Moddelmog, the CEO of Susan G. Komen for the Cure; $50 members, $60 nonmembers; corporate tables and sponsorships available; to register, call (706) 821-1300 or visit www.augustagausa.com.
- Dec. 3: Business Basics and Financial Survival Techniques Workshop; 4:30- 8:30 p.m., University of South Carolina Aiken, Business and Education Building, Room 140, 471 University Parkway; workshop on opening and running a successful business; $30; to register call (803) 641-3646 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dec. 10: Managing in Today's Economy; 8-10 a.m., Aiken Chamber of Commerce, 121 Richland Ave. E.; workshop will include overview followed by breakout sessions on marketing, restructuring debt and cash flow management; free; (803) 641-1111.
- Third Thursdays networking and social hour; UGA Alumni Association Augusta chapter; 6 p.m., Vallarta's, 2808 Washington Road; free; go to www.alumni.uga.edu/alumni/RegAug.html for information.
- Home Buyer Workshops; Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America; Saturdays, free; sign up at www.naca.com or call (706) 855-7464 or (888) 302-NACA.
- United Way Helpline; dial 211 to speak with a specialist who can help with information and referrals to day-care providers, free school supplies, senior citizen programs, rent- and utility-assistance programs, food pantries, housing, prescription assistance and more; 24 hours a day, seven days a week; out-of-area residents can call toll-free (877) 292-5211; some mobile phone callers might need to call (706) 826-1495.
- Born Learning educational materials are provided free to parents, caregivers and health care agencies to ensure early learning and development of children from newborns to 5 years old; 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.; dial 211 or (706) 826-1495
- Instructor-led online courses; Augusta State University's Education to Go program; call (706) 736-1636 for schedule or go to www.ced.aug.edu and click on "courses."
- Personal financial pitfalls for seniors; AARP Georgia seminar on protecting your assets from financial fraud and marketplace abuses; call the CSRA Area Agency on Aging at (706) 210-2000 or (888) 922-4464.
- Networking forum; Today's Working Network; Wednesdays, 2:30-4:30 p.m.; 209 Musical Lounge on the River Walk; visit www.todays-working-network.com for more information.
- The NoonTime Networkers, area chapter of Business Network International; meets every Thursday at 11:30 a.m., T-Bonz Banquet Hall, 2858 Washington Road; contact Angela Brock at email@example.com or (706) 288-2800.
- The Leads at Lunch chapter of Business Network International meets every Tuesday at 11:30 a.m. at Golden Corral, Bobby Jones Expressway; contact John Raborn at firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 394-2605.
- Business Network International AikeNet Works! chapter; lunch on Thursdays; contact Dena Thomas at email@example.com or (803) 867-9190.
- The Referrals at Breakfast meeting of Business Network International, Thursdays at 7 a.m. at Athens Restaurant on Bobby Jones Expressway; call Chuck Ellison at (706) 294-5502.
- Business Network International Referrals & More chapter; Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m. at Ryan's Steak House on Bobby Jones Expressway; Bob Kendra at firstname.lastname@example.org life.com or (706) 364-1477.
- Business Network International Pro-Active Professionals chapter; meets Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m. at Cleveland & Anderson CPAs on Davis Road; call Angela Brock at (706) 868-5916 for details.
- Business Network International First Things First chapter; meets for breakfast Tuesdays at 7 a.m. at Athens Restaurant on Bobby Jones Expressway; contact John Raborn at email@example.com or (706) 394-2605.
- Business Network International BNI2 chapter; lunch Thursday at The Clubhouse; contact Dennis Lam at firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 726-1446.
- North Augusta Networkers; Business Net-work International group; Tuesdays at 11:30 a.m., North Augusta Community Center; contact Karen Claeys at email@example.com or (706) 731-8415.
- President's Club; reinforcement of sales training systems for business owners, sales representatives and managers; Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:30 a.m., 699 Broad St., Suite 1001; call (706) 432-0040.
- Word of Mouth Network, group seeks 200 entrepreneurs and businesspeople for a referral network; call Richard Banks at (706) 736-5020 for an e-mail providing a concise overview.
- Determine whether a career in the insurance industry fits you. Complete the Harrison Assessment; contact Sarah D. Johnston at sarah.d. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Georgia-Carolina Investment Club is looking for members. If you are interested in real estate investing, call Bert Ellis for details at (803) 645-7883.
- Business Network International Referrals at Work chapter; Wednesdays for lunch, 11:30 a.m. at Baird & Co.; John Raborn, email@example.com or (706) 394-2605.
- Business Network International Business & Breakfast chapter; Wednesdays at 7 a.m. at Athens Restaurant on Bobby Jones Expressway; contact Dennis Lam at firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 722-0000, ext. 232.