Why is McCain camp going after Palin?

I think it is shameful what the Republican Party is trying to do to Sarah Palin after the election by making her look like either a manipulative, vindictive diva or a complete idiot or both.

I first heard this on Fox News Thursday morning, then later on several other media, including Austin Rhodes. The fact that these are "unidentified" sources makes it worse. If you are going to engage in a personal attack, at least have the guts to do so publicly so the "charges" can be refuted.

And the McCain campaign can't figure out why they lost. Because they are stupid!

Robert Wahlmeier, Augusta

shivas
shivas 11/10/08 - 12:05 pm
patriciathomas, who cares

patriciathomas, who cares about a war being waged inside the Republican party by the right-wing fringe? America's answer to the right-wing has already occurred. I love to hear the sour grapes about if it wasn't for the economy we would have won, as if the economy is just a minor little failure. Nevermind, our country now has strong leadership that will lift us up out of the demise of right-wing policies.

jack
jack 11/10/08 - 12:09 pm
Dani, Emanuel is continuing

Dani, Emanuel is continuing the DIMocRAT/Obama lie about paying less taxes. Obama has already said he plants to either allow the Bush tax cuts for the "rich" ($30K and above) to expire in 2010 or repeal them in '09. To answer your question here is what the difference will be:
Taxes under Clinton 1999 Taxes under Bush 2008
Single making 30K - tax $8,400 Single making 30K - tax $4,500
Single making 50K - tax $14,000 Single making 50K - tax $12,500
Single making 75K - tax $23,250 Single making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 60K - tax $16,800 Married making 60K - tax $9,000
Married making 75K - tax $21,000 Married making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 125K - tax $38,750 Married making 125K - tax $31,250

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 11/10/08 - 12:10 pm
Wow Robert, your letter to

Wow Robert, your letter to the editor ALMOST sounded like you had an intelligent point....but then you blew it with your last sentence. Grow up.

shivas
shivas 11/10/08 - 12:12 pm
Jack, Americans keep booting

Jack, Americans keep booting conservatives out of Congress and electing more liberal Democrats. I guess Amercans understand what they see as the failure of Congress as well. I sure hope Obama is enjoying his tour of the White House today!!! It will be refreshing to have some positive energy in our Capitol rather than the paranoia of Bush/Cheney.

shivas
shivas 11/10/08 - 12:14 pm
Robert, I thought your

Robert, I thought your complete letter was an idiotic rambling..... but then you came around with your last sentence. Great Job!!!!

jack
jack 11/10/08 - 12:14 pm
Yonce, you won't find that

Yonce, you won't find that "skank" in some little ole guard shack. You and the other ignorant DIMs on here like your clone Shivas ain't seen the last of the lady.

MyTake
MyTake 11/10/08 - 12:14 pm
The sad fact is that Sarah

The sad fact is that Sarah Palin was selected because of her positions on right wing hot button issues. The insiders thought it was unimportant whether she could handle the job. A bad reflection on the decision making skills of the Republican candidate, even though the choice was probably brought about by other forces within his campaign. She exploded and now some of that explosion has leaked out to the public. Ugly and nasty but not difficult to explain and hardly a liberal conspiracy. Hopefully the Republican Party, seeing the complete failure of Palin and their divisive right wing policies, can plot a more reasonable course for the future.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 11/10/08 - 12:15 pm
I see you know as much today

I see you know as much today as you did yesterday, shivas. You are consistent.

jack
jack 11/10/08 - 12:17 pm
Dani, I found the train to be

Dani, I found the train to be full of thugs from Chicago. Glad I had my 357 with me. BTW, it was pretty f**ked up when it pulled into DC as is usual with that ilk.

shivas
shivas 11/10/08 - 12:18 pm
Jack, your tax lesson fails

Jack, your tax lesson fails as do most of your opinions. I am married (to a woman), and make over 135K. I've never paid that much in taxes under Clinton or Bush.

shivas
shivas 11/10/08 - 12:20 pm
Don't worry Jack, Bush

Don't worry Jack, Bush created Thugs with his failed domestic and economic poilicies of hate and devisiveness. There is now hope on the horizon as minorities become more part of governing this country.

jack
jack 11/10/08 - 12:20 pm
PT I totally agree with your

PT I totally agree with your 9:55 post. I just hope we conservatives can beat the Rockefeller elitist wing of the party and believe we can with proper leadership such as Boehner in the House and DiMint in the Senate.

jack
jack 11/10/08 - 12:26 pm
Shiv, only the un/under

Shiv, only the un/under educated ignorant like you were paranoid about Bush and cheney. I fell off the Bush train because of his lack of fiscal discipline and I am not proud of the rot that got into the Repubican Party. It ain't conservatives that are being replaced by DIMs, but Conservative DIMs replacing the rot we refused to vote for and re-elect. We ain't like the DIMs and the only reason Obama is measuing the drapes is the economic collapse. Othewise, McCain would be the President elect. I and most Americans notice that the "change" Obama promised was just more BS as he appoints the same good ole DC insiders to his cabinet. Uniter my azz. Obama and the DIMs have a two year trial, so don't prance and brag too much.

jack
jack 11/10/08 - 12:29 pm
Shiv, if you ain't paid that

Shiv, if you ain't paid that much tax, you must be cooking the books as those are right our of the federal tax tables.

jack
jack 11/10/08 - 12:34 pm
Shivas, those minorities now

Shivas, those minorities now or did run Augusta/RC, Detroit, Washington DC and you see what a mess they are in. BTW, IL is DIM controlled and a worse financial and crime mess than the US.

aftbrn
aftbrn 11/10/08 - 12:45 pm
We've gone from the frying

We've gone from the frying pan right into the fire on this one. Be careful what you ask for, you might actually get and don't believe the grass is always greener. The way this fellow spent money to buy votes from the young meant he had some big backers with agenda lying in wait, as in wait and see what they do to us next. I can assure you we haven't begun to see Nobama's real agenda yet. I wuold rather deal with the evil I know than the one I don't.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 11/10/08 - 12:46 pm
I'd like to see a video that

I'd like to see a video that shows Palin actually saying that (about Africa), if it is really true. Please provide a link. Otherwise, I don't believe it.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 11/10/08 - 12:46 pm
Jack, you are full of

Jack, you are full of yourself and it leaked into your depends. Time to change them.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 11/10/08 - 12:47 pm
Calling the McCain camp

Calling the McCain camp stupid, is pretty stupid.

shivas
shivas 11/10/08 - 12:59 pm
Jack, that's the problem with

Jack, that's the problem with being a racist with no clue as to being a racist. See, your racism is that you generalize as you have done with leadership in Detroit, D.C. and RC. It's like saying all white leaders are bad because of Nixon, Ted Stevens, W.Bush, and the list can go on and on. This country has been run in its 230 year history by middle-aged white men (I am just coming to that point myself). Therefore, policies do not reflect the whole of the country, even as the country in becoming more and more non-white. As many stats put it, us white folks will be less than 50% in a few years, and our leadership should reflect that. Too often, people like you get fearful of minorities because you judge them on stereotypes. If you open your eyes and mind, you may find a whole new beautiful world out there. Being angry and bitter is not how I want to grow old.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/10/08 - 01:09 pm
What really struck me as odd

What really struck me as odd is that Dr. Dumby was involved in a conversation regarding one's I. Q. I have read many of his posts and just really think hw should stick to something he's more familiar with. But...this is an opinion column and everybody gets to play.

JohnQPublic
JohnQPublic 11/10/08 - 01:18 pm
Oh my gosh! Before Obama won

Oh my gosh! Before Obama won all y'all Republicans thought Palin was the best thing since sliced bread and now listen to you! Didn't take "some" of you very long to join in with the GOP and stab her in the back too! Shame on you! Guess y'all won't be moving to Alaska after all! LOL!

JohnQPublic
JohnQPublic 11/10/08 - 01:23 pm
ConvertedSoutherner...what

ConvertedSoutherner...what are you on? You posted,"The dims and the liberal media picked McCain for the republicans and we got just what they wanted us to have. The reps blindly listened and decided he MUST be the only choice that could win. When he was picked, the media then started their campaign to try to destroy him. We now hear the media and followers saying that O has been picked and we should just be quiet and enjoy the ride. This isn't the time for the reps to blindly follow AGAIN. The voices of the 47% of the voters need to be heard. If we give up, they AGAIN will think we will give in and go along for the ride."
Posted by convertedsoutherner on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:13 AM OH MY GOSH! Do you really believe that?!

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 11/10/08 - 01:41 pm
Yes he believes it. Notice

Yes he believes it. Notice his user name.

Tujeez
Tujeez 11/10/08 - 01:45 pm
No folks the pendulum is

No folks the pendulum is swinging left. With the public awareness such that it is, the Democratic Party may well expire after this go around. They should have been content to run congress. The Debacle in store will ruin them all. Courtesy of your boy Obama. He will be synonymous with euthenasia after this "Political Season".

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 11/10/08 - 01:49 pm
YEAH, YEAH,YEAH, and Reagan

YEAH, YEAH,YEAH, and Reagan will be President again.

eagleyes
eagleyes 11/10/08 - 01:52 pm
Robert- What u stated may be

Robert-
What u stated may be happening, but i think that what u did was just as stupid. in that u repeated what has already been stated by the news channels and didn't have anything beneficial or sensible to add to the conversation at hand. Please think before you write and speak. Therefore, you won't take up valuable space that could be used for somewhat of a decent conversation.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 11/10/08 - 02:18 pm
coal.. Please tell me what

coal.. Please tell me what was not true about what I posted.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 11/10/08 - 02:33 pm
I think Palin is going to be

I think Palin is going to be around for a long time. I hope so anyway. I was not really excited about McCain running until Palin joined the ticket. I hope she has staying power. She sure has done a lot of good for Alaska. Palin had more experience than Obama had going into this race and is sure to gain more while Obama is in office. She is more determined and intelligent than the liberal media is ever going to give her credit for.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 11/10/08 - 02:34 pm
And I don't believe it is

And I don't believe it is truly the McCain camp going after her. It's the liberal media making the swipes as usual.

Thomson game adds security

THOMSON, Ga. -- McDuffie County officials will add extra security precautions tonight after fight rumors circulated related to the last Thomson High home football game of the season.