Why is McCain camp going after Palin?

I think it is shameful what the Republican Party is trying to do to Sarah Palin after the election by making her look like either a manipulative, vindictive diva or a complete idiot or both.

I first heard this on Fox News Thursday morning, then later on several other media, including Austin Rhodes. The fact that these are "unidentified" sources makes it worse. If you are going to engage in a personal attack, at least have the guts to do so publicly so the "charges" can be refuted.

And the McCain campaign can't figure out why they lost. Because they are stupid!

Robert Wahlmeier, Augusta

dani
dani 11/10/08 - 08:34 am
brim He not only plans to

brim He not only plans to save America, he intends to save the world. The man is truly the great one. The one the Dems have been waiting for. Obama has told you this over and over and his followers believe every word.

justus4
justus4 11/10/08 - 08:38 am
Palin was a terrible choice

Palin was a terrible choice for VP. Anyone that can't admit that fact is ignorant. That pick by McCain demonstrates that his decision making was off-tilted. He pandered to women and lost, and now, she is being used to divert blame from McCain. How stupid are some Americans when it comes to politics? If Palin was a minority woman with a underage daughter, pregnant and not married...Wow! Amazing how real facts are avoided and much attention paid to foolishness.

Bizarro
Bizarro 11/10/08 - 08:47 am
I have to admit that Palin

I have to admit that Palin does have the I.Q. of a flea but you have to admit Pelosi is another ditzy idiot. I don't think Pelosi even finished her college degree. I think it is shameful that either of these woman have been elected into office. Of course I know plenty of idiots with Ph.D.s too.

dani
dani 11/10/08 - 08:55 am
I have a problem with the

I have a problem with the Obama tax plan (or a question anyhow). Rahm Emanuel said that a taxpayer would pay about $1,000 a year less under the Obama tax plan. In 2007 my earnings was around 38,000 and my tax liability was about $6,000. I paid in a little more than that and got a refund of $131.00. Now my question..If my employer deducts $1,000 less this year, will my liability still be $6,000 and I will only have paid in $5,000? Just wondering.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 11/10/08 - 09:02 am
Bizarro, if you fall for the

Bizarro, if you fall for the spin on Palin, you've been chumped.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 11/10/08 - 09:15 am
How did you all turn this

How did you all turn this around from a question concerning Republicans and palin, to an attack on Obama and Democrats? Must be typical republican response to avoid the issue?

PLAYLIKETHUNDER4
PLAYLIKETHUNDER4 11/10/08 - 09:32 am
justus4...you calling someone

justus4...you calling someone ignorant is the pot calling the kettle black...literally...
palin is a fine leader , any one of you sorry dart throwing a-holes that think you can do better....jump in the ring next time....start small though, like dog catcher or something....

Signal Always
Signal Always 11/10/08 - 09:35 am
Who said she didn't know

Who said she didn't know Africa was a continent? Anyone who believes that is a moron.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/10/08 - 09:36 am
We can debate I. O.s all you

We can debate I. O.s all you want but the bottom line is Palin & McCain were not smart enough to win. First McCain was the wrong guy. He was not a true conservative so his attempt to be did not appear sincere. Palin was unknown. When she showed some flaws being interviewd on the national stage the other side ran with it. Had there been a strong Democrat candidate, this would & should have been a land slide. The empty suit talked prettier and said key words people wanted to hear. This is a sad day for America. Not because a black man was elected, not because Obama was elected. But because both parties are truly scraping the bottom of the barrel for leaders.

disssman
disssman 11/10/08 - 09:42 am
Hypocrites this has been a

Hypocrites this has been a problem for a long time and I believe it is the root of why Georgia is last in the nation in education. The folks around here just can't seem to concentrate on the issue before them! Rather, they jump off into areas that they feel comfortable with, like Obama bashing.

bdittle
bdittle 11/10/08 - 09:53 am
I thought it was Fox News

I thought it was Fox News that broke the piece on Palin's Africa is a country story? How is that coming from the left? It is a good thing none of you are politicians... so pretty thin skin here.

shivas
shivas 11/10/08 - 09:56 am
Who cares about this footnote

Who cares about this footnote in history that will read, "The most bizarre choice for a VP mate of all time."

shivas
shivas 11/10/08 - 09:56 am
Oh yeah, Obama really is

Oh yeah, Obama really is measuring those drapes today!

shivas
shivas 11/10/08 - 09:58 am
Well goodness Robert, if

Well goodness Robert, if Austin Rhodes says so it must be true! Austin Rhodes, only in Augusta could you have a job.

justthefacts
justthefacts 11/10/08 - 09:58 am
Copper, please show me a

Copper, please show me a quote from Gov Palin about Africa/Continent or stop repeating it. BTW, I could show you Pres Elec Obama's quote on the number of states in the Union, but will refrain.

Bizarro
Bizarro 11/10/08 - 10:01 am
I agree Putt. McCain is

I agree Putt. McCain is really not a conservative nor a Republican for that matter. All that crap about how he supported Bush 90% of the time is a faulty argument. It was actually 88 or 86% support of Rep and Obama's ranking was much higher 93-96% straight Dem. I don't think that is a sound argument. The only reason McCain was a viable "Rep" candidate is because he really isn't a Rep so he had greater appeal from a demonized party. I doubt any Rep could have defeated a Dem after the Bush legacy. I'm surprised the election was as close at it was, and I think Obama is mistaken to believe that his election is a mandate for change given how close the popular vote was divided. I think the poor man finds himself in a mess with a huge potential for fallout for any mistakes. We all need to pray for our new president. He needs a few miracles too.

angiesdad
angiesdad 11/10/08 - 10:07 am
palin was a two bit

palin was a two bit opportunistic skank,period.she had her 15 minutes of fame,and hopefully will never be heard from again.see you guys at the inauguration!

jack234
jack234 11/10/08 - 10:15 am
The election is over, let's

The election is over, let's move on.

shamrock
shamrock 11/10/08 - 10:23 am
First of all it was

First of all it was disgruntled, unnamed sources who MAY have been inside the McCain camp and the criticism is not coming officially from McCain, the campaign or the GOP. Secondly, I take anything heard on the Austin Rodeo Show with a grain of salt! He is in the "entertainment" field and not to ever be considered as a valid source for anything! Third ...PAY CLOSE ATTENTION ... because I will rarely agree with jack234 ... let's move on...

sjgraci
sjgraci 11/10/08 - 10:29 am
Palin was a HUGE mistake and

Palin was a HUGE mistake and one of the main reasons McCain lost BIG. He should have picked Lieberman. He still would have lost, like Gore did with Holy Joe, but at least he would have retained some dignity and honor. Goodbye Diva, we hardly knew ya.

dani
dani 11/10/08 - 10:50 am
sigraci..Read ...or

sigraci..Read ...or listen..to the news now and then. MCCain was leading in Sept before the financial system went down. It is evident to an observant person that Palin had nothing to do with his loss. When McCain can lead, even for a little while, with the dissatisfaction in the nation, Obama can brag a little, but not much. He only pulled it off because of a financial panic...

dani
dani 11/10/08 - 10:52 am
Jack. You are back. How was

Jack. You are back. How was the train trip?

Chuchi
Chuchi 11/10/08 - 11:11 am
What puzzles me is that Gov.

What puzzles me is that Gov. Palin is still the brunt of nasty personal attacks and she isn't even running for office anymore. She is not doing anything at all except going home. The election is over. Sen. Obama won. Sen. McCain lost. Sarah Palin is going back to her job of being governor of Alaska. Whether or not she runs for President or Governor in four years is immaterial at the moment. There are no guarantees she will run for governor again or get the Republican nomination in four years. So if she is supposedly so unintelligent, a poor choice by McCain, an embarrassment to the party, etc., why on earth would anyone --- especially a Democrat who voted for Pres-Elect Obama --- waste time and energy attacking Gov. Palin now? It seems to me that you don't attack someone who is not a threat to you. So if Gov. Palin is not a threat, why bother discussing her at all? Can anyone answer this question for me? Because call me ignorant, which I'm sure at least one person will, but I just don't get it.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 11/10/08 - 11:13 am
The dims and the liberal

The dims and the liberal media picked McCain for the republicans and we got just what they wanted us to have. The reps blindly listened and decided he MUST be the only choice that could win. When he was picked, the media then started their campaign to try to destroy him. We now hear the media and followers saying that O has been picked and we should just be quiet and enjoy the ride. This isn't the time for the reps to blindly follow AGAIN. The voices of the 47% of the voters need to be heard. If we give up, they AGAIN will think we will give in and go along for the ride.

justthefacts
justthefacts 11/10/08 - 11:22 am
Chuchi, good question. Never

Chuchi, good question. Never seen anyone treated so poorly.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 11/10/08 - 11:37 am
chuchi... I agree with you

chuchi... I agree with you completely. It sounds like the one or two people that started these baseless stories, must consider her a threat. Why are so few given so much media space? It seems when one says it, others run with it and then it becomes the truth and nothing but the truth. Why then when the stories about O were brought up were they ignored and said to be baseless? Now some of the adoring media are beginning to say 'who is he, what do we know about him and what is O going to do now that he will be POTUS. All they got from O was that he was for 'change' but now they are getting concerned about what the CHANGE will be.

jack
jack 11/10/08 - 11:40 am
GAC, one of my son's PhD

GAC, one of my son's PhD professors in political science at ASU didn't know Egypt was on the African continent. Just how familiar with Africa are you?

jack
jack 11/10/08 - 11:51 am
Palin was the spark that

Palin was the spark that ignited the Repubican base in what was a ho hum campaign that changed it's message almost daily. As for gaffes, where is/was the coverage of the gaffe machine called Biden? She certainly inspired the huge crowds she spoke to and will continue to be a force in the Republican Party for the DIMs to deal with. I hope she takes Ted Steven's Senate seat. Would be an appropriate middle finger salute to her ditractors. Scape goating by "unidentified" sources in the McCain Campaign is something McCain himself should address. They are either ball less or jealous female(s). Greta Van Sustern will interview her tonight on FOX. I suggest you see and hear this one as she wil speak out on this. About time.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 11/10/08 - 11:55 am
jack, Palin was the spark

jack, Palin was the spark that ignited the conservative base. The Rockefeller Repubs hated her from the beginning and spoke out as soon as they could. The war for control of the party is back on. The first shot was fired at Palin.

jack
jack 11/10/08 - 12:00 pm
Biz, sorry you choose to put

Biz, sorry you choose to put Pilosi and Palin in the same sentence let alone category. Palin is an accomplished and highly thought of Governor (80%). Pilosi is Speaker of the House with a Congress having a 9% approval rating.