Blacks should vote for John McCain

During the recent presidential primaries and this period leading to the national election, there have been a plethora of black politicians, talk radio hosts and pundits who have espoused the view of our race as not a monolithic one, but the amalgamation of many religious and social mores. Yet, when it comes to our voting patterns, it is clearly shown that we are nearly of one accord; which is graphically noted in the polls that indicate over 95 percent support for Barack Obama among the African-American community.

How can this be? How can our leaders not see the Democratic Party's relationship with the black community closely resembles the pimp/whore syndrome? They take our tax dollars, and in return, we get poor schools, spotty health care, neighborhoods in decay, dope and crime-ravaged streets. Or maybe it's the battered woman syndrome?

Many of our voices are speaking out against the genocide in Sudan while not speaking out about the 16 million abortions since 1973 carried out in our community; yet our voices are silent when we hear our tax dollars are sent to Planned Parenthood to murder our babies, God's precious children.

Abortion plus the homosexual lifestyle are not a government-driven plan, but instead a self-inflicted wound that is destroying the family lifestyle. The wages of sin is death and we as a community are experiencing it now.

God loves the sinner but hates the sin. It is now time for black ministers to step up to the plate and take a swing at Satan, batting him out of our churches.

The upcoming election is not about Obama vs. John McCain. This upcoming election is about good overcoming evil and choosing life over death.

I am a registered Independent who has no other God-directed choice but to vote for McCain who promised to nominate conservative justices in order to up the odds of defeating the murderous Roe v. Wade decision.

The old folks used to have a saying, "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face." Black community, I am asking you to pray to God for the knowledge and wisdom in order to cast a vote for Him and His laws. Don't let your blanket dislike of the Republican Party influence your vote. Cast it for the man who more closely backs God's laws.

Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord.

Earl Davis

Augusta

blueridge
blueridge 11/04/08 - 02:20 am
I am confused here. They

I am confused here. They take our money but we get nothing back. Huh? Pimp/whore, battered woman syndrome. Last I checked much of the campaign rhetoric is that blacks are going to be recipients of socialist redistribution of wealth. After all, I thought that the demographic described by this gentleman does not even pay taxes. I'd only suggest that one votes for those who exist in the corporeal world since they sign laws and checks.

bcs2k
bcs2k 11/04/08 - 05:29 am
My fellow Americans. Vote

My fellow Americans. Vote for whomever you feel is the best leader based on known facts. Do not consider rumor, innuendo, stunts, etc. Black Americans -- your historic vote for Democrats is not a sign of monolithic views, it is a sign of your ability to evaluate facts based on coping skills honed during slavery and the aftermath. Such skills have proven successful as you -- since the 80s -- have not shown support for any presidential candidate that won AND failed to deliver prosperity to the majority of Americans during his term.

bcs2k
bcs2k 11/04/08 - 05:37 am
by the way, the rhetoric that

by the way, the rhetoric that blacks will benefit from "wealth redistribution" is just that "rhetoric". any intelligent person realizes that the majority of people who will get such benefits are white people. after all, the number of white people on welfare exceed the number of black people. but that is neither here nor there. what is most stunning is this: mccain is a millionare who does not want middle class and poor people to have a large tax break. he does not want the rich to see a tax increase. he is convincing middle class and poor people that it is wrong to receive money because it is wealth distribution (even though wealthy people and corporations do -- in hopes of inspiring trickle down economics). barack is bypassing the middle man and helping middle class and poor people directly. mccain calls that "share the wealth" and too many prople (primarily white) buy into that. they just don't get it: a rich man is telling middle class/poor to stay poor individually and collectively so the rich can stay rich (and let a little trickle down). sadly, the gop hase had 8 years and failed to execute trickle down. time for something new! go obama!

white_trash
white_trash 11/04/08 - 06:46 am
Yes, all blacks should vote

Yes, all blacks should vote democratic, George Wallace for President!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 11/04/08 - 07:24 am
As long as the black American

As long as the black American know his place, he vote for the Democrat, especially this time. Only independent and introspective thought will break this vicious cycle. How likely is that?

tiredparent
tiredparent 11/04/08 - 07:26 am
Before the 70's there was

Before the 70's there was really no such thing as a Black Democratic. You can think the conservative for that by high jacking the party. The Middle Class is hurting and not all because of Bush but is he a small factor in a even bigger problem. The Republicans promise to rain in sending and did not, plus under them the government grew 40%.
While I don't agree and hate abortion, I still belive that is a woman's right to chose, for it is she that puts her life at risk to have the child. Then there rape cases to also to tihnk about.
The homosexual lifestyle is a choice you may not agree with it but you will not disrespect it in my presence. I am str8 but respect rights of others Mr. Davis.

shamrock
shamrock 11/04/08 - 07:35 am
I don't think blacks should

I don't think blacks should vote for McCain and I don't think whites should vote for McCain. I think EVERY American should VOTE for JOHN McCAIN!!

cparker
cparker 11/04/08 - 07:44 am
I am an independent and I

I am an independent and I feel it is most important for blacks to vote their conscious. Personally I feel Obama is a better choice for my life's circumstances because I don't trust the current Conservative leadership or their ridiculous agenda specifically when they bring up issues involving morality. Make no mistake, white Republicans have have and still do their share of pimping and oppressing black people just like the Democrats. On Nov 5th Conservatives will go back to treating blacks as thugs and south Augusta gun slingers the today after convincing them McCain understands their plight. I won't endorse Obama for all blacks, but I certainly oppose urging blacks to vote for any Conservative until their agenda is less hypocritical and more inclusive to African American needs.

shivas
shivas 11/04/08 - 08:06 am
Yes we can! And the

Yes we can! And the far-right wonders why Americans are leaving them in droves. Just keep opening your mouth and your demise will come sooner rather than later. In fact, one message from this election is the failure and the leaving behind of the racism of the far-right. Good-bye!

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 11/04/08 - 08:30 am
I'm like shivas and

I'm like shivas and cparker....an independent. Just on the other side of the isle.

Bizarro
Bizarro 11/04/08 - 08:46 am
Racisms knows no party

Racisms knows no party divide. Remember when the Dems first changed their racist position the party nearly split. Still some old vestiges from those days-like Byrd. Well it appears their is hope as the early radical liberal Obama was replaced in the last year with the moderate centrist Obama. I just don't know which one to believe. What I do notice is a strange election. Issues like health care, energy, foreign affairs-war, nominees past actions, etc. were overridden by the economy as an issue. Each were presenting their take on the economy and then the crash. What is strange is that the crash changed everything, but neither candidates really changed their economic positions to a significant degree. Obama's plan would spell certain doom for the economy if implemented as he had planned, and McCain's wouldn't spell certain doom but certainly wouldn't solve any problems either. So the Presidency is being decided on an issue that neither candidate truly grasps. But Obama was wise to incite a form of proletariat revolution such the 95% revolt against the 5% because the 95% expects no taxes and financial gains. My bet is Obama will provide National health care for the 95% but then exclude the 5% because his assumption they have money to provide their own health care. Then you will see another revolution.

soldout
soldout 11/04/08 - 08:49 am
Sin is always the problem and

Sin is always the problem and one party calls sin good and promotes it. Sowing and reaping is a law that can't be stopped. Your vote is part of your sowing. If your life doesn't show you are getting a good crop then change your sowing. If that means voting for McCain then you need to do it. Change your life to one of blessings and you can start in the voting booth today.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 11/04/08 - 08:51 am
I just hope that everyone who

I just hope that everyone who votes will be informed about the candidates and will honestly be qualified to discuss what their candidates stand for. Personally I think there should be a simple test one must take each year before voting.

Serioun
Serioun 11/04/08 - 08:54 am
But we won't and didn't. Nor

But we won't and didn't. Nor will 60-70% of Women vote for Palin. She's a shameful example of a "shell of a woman". We are going to send them packing today, never, and I mean never to be seen again on a National level. OBAMA 2008!!! No Way, No How, No McInsane!! OBAMA 2008!!

Bizarro
Bizarro 11/04/08 - 08:54 am
You can't do that PUTT

You can't do that PUTT because that would eliminate a huge block of voters-the Dem party. Dang you scare me. Having people walking around knowing a subject matter and being able to discuss issues-what if this caught on in schools? hee,hee,hee.

SoonerorLater
SoonerorLater 11/04/08 - 09:03 am
Obama's character: Rezko,

Obama's character: Rezko, Wright, Pfleglar, Ayers, Acorn, you are the company you keep. Obama's record: Senator for about 300 days, vote "present" over 100 times, has been paid as Senator for over 2 years but not worked in the position while on the campaign trail (same as McCain, I know). Obama's energy policy: a tire pressure gauge, no nuclear, no drilling, no coal plants, that leaves the same old $700 billion sent to America hating countries (where is the change?). Economic Policy: Raise taxes, take more from one group and give it to another, raise capital gains taxes even after admitting lower taxes bring in more revenue, promises one income level ($250K), now we are at less than half that ($120K). The change that BO has spoken about is his campaign promises, he reeled you in with one promise, then changed it once you were hooked.

lovingthesouth72
lovingthesouth72 11/04/08 - 09:11 am
The welfare system has done

The welfare system has done more harm to the black community than anyone will ever be able to admit. It creates a circle of dependency that has stayed for generations. Wake up people!

Rozzie2003
Rozzie2003 11/04/08 - 09:22 am
Divine Intervention sent

Divine Intervention sent Martin Luther King to free America and Divine Intervention is sending Obama to save America!

Amen!

disssman
disssman 11/04/08 - 09:29 am
First you con a few white

First you con a few white people to vote for this idiot and then you actually expect the black community to act stupid and do the same thing. I am sure that if god wants Johnny Mac, then he being the all powerful, will intercede and strike a miracle. I wonder if your faith will be broken tonight, when you see that gods will was for Obama to win? Will you take it as a sign from god to get out of that heathenistic political party and join the party of, by and for, the working MAN?

Bizarro
Bizarro 11/04/08 - 09:31 am
Just think I think it was 76

Just think I think it was 76 years ago that the first black man ran for president for the communist party. Now 76 years later, we see fruition of such efforts with the election of the first black to be president who also is a communist. Isn't America great?

SoonerorLater
SoonerorLater 11/04/08 - 09:31 am
MLK to free America? Yes, I

MLK to free America? Yes, I will agree that he was SENT, but to free America did not yet succeed. Are men and women judged by what is inside of them and not by the color of their skin? Sadly, no. Are people judged by their merits and qualifications alone? Sadly, no (why have affirmative action and continue to speak of diversity, MLK wanted people to be judged by their character and who they were inside, not by color of skin). Do blacks and whites among others would coexist harmoniously? Again, sadly no. Now is the time to lift our nation from the quicksand of racial injustice to the solid rock of brotherhood he said, and sadly that has not happened either. MLK was a great and loving man with a dream and a vision for this country, sadly it has not come to be to the extent he wished. And sadly, Obama will not either, his character is questionable, his policies are non existent, and he will further divide this country as he will slide back to the far left if he wins this election.

3M3T1B
3M3T1B 11/04/08 - 09:34 am
I liked the line "Abortion

I liked the line "Abortion plus the homosexual lifestyle ... that is destroying the family lifestyle. " That's pretty funny. I don't think infidelity, abuse, drugs (alcohol), and/or general idiocracy would have a bigger hand in destroying the family lifestyle, would you?

shivas
shivas 11/04/08 - 09:42 am
You are wrong Bizarro. The

You are wrong Bizarro. The internet has destroyed the far-right propoganda machine. When propogandists such as Hannity and Rush make outrageous claims regarding Obama, individuals go to the internet to verify. Right-wing radio will never be the same now that their lies are easily exposed. What we have in this election is the most educated electorate in our history. To say that voters are uneducated regarding the issues in the information age of the internet, is just a feeble attempt at rationalization for losing.

justthefacts
20218
justthefacts 11/04/08 - 09:43 am
I think the video clip of

I think the video clip of this Peggy Joseph lady says it all. "I won't have to buy no gas, I won't have to pay my mortgage". She may be in for a big surprize....or maybe not! Maybe I am.

justthefacts
20218
justthefacts 11/04/08 - 09:48 am
Yea, Shivas, they are very

Yea, Shivas, they are very educated. Did you see Howard Stern's video clip of educated voters?

justthefacts
20218
justthefacts 11/04/08 - 09:49 am
Shivas, you sure have a

Shivas, you sure have a "thing" for Hannity and Rush. I think you mention them most every post you make. You attracted to them in some way?

double_standard
double_standard 11/04/08 - 10:05 am
Earl you like McCain seem to

Earl you like McCain seem to be very confused. I see people in the republican party trying to tie John McCain in with Dr. King's statement on chracter. That's very funny when you look at how many times he voted against Dr. King's birthday.

shivas
shivas 11/04/08 - 10:11 am
I am very attracted to both

I am very attracted to both of them. They make me laugh out loud, especially when I see their arguments regurgitated on this blog day after day. There was also a video of a McCain supporter calling Obama an A-rab. There are ignorant voters on both sides, but this is the most educated and informed electorate in history, on both sides.

swinter05
swinter05 11/04/08 - 10:29 am
I absolutely admire the man

I absolutely admire the man that wrote this article wherever you are. Speaking up for what is morally right no matter what opposition you receive, or how much of it you get Jesus did not die for us to just keep waddling in unrepentent sin. We as Christians know the truth and are held accountable for what we know. Kudos to you earl for sharing what we know to be the SIMPLE truth, yet so many people will ignore it, because they are a black first, Christian second. Huntley Brown wrote a WONDERFUL article and you can find it on snopes.com. It's a letter why he can't vote for Obama, and he's a black man. I commend you earl....and you will hear the words, "well done my good and faithful servant."

justus4
justus4 11/04/08 - 10:35 am
This article is written by an

This article is written by an Uncle-Tom type of individual that whites enjoy putting in the African-American's face. Sayin, "see, Elroy knows his place" Ha! His view of America contributed to the institution of slavery and allowed it exist for almost two centries. Blacks have voted their interests since getting the Right to vote and Democrats historically get 90%. White Republicans have known their policies i.e. lying about Affirmative Action, voting against MLK holiday, dismantling the Civil Rights Division of the Justice Dept, would harden support for (D), but they decided that their base was more important. (which is mostly white men) Republicans has failed to attract the minority vote. They failed by policy. And to have one minority individual laughing & grinning and parrotting talking points, is not true diversity. Again, Davis is off the mark and another thing that 'ol folks used to say is "there is strength in numbers" and that still holds true today. CHANGE!