Where's his money from?

I have been told all my life that money is "the root of all evil." As I read the reports of the senator from Illinois raising twice as much of the evil stuff in one month than anyone ever has, I cannot help but wonder how. The economy is weak. Foreclosures are at a record high; surely these folks are not sending money.

Where is the money coming from? I can only go back to my first sentence to get somewhat of an answer.

Bob Mallard

Girard

cyou299
cyou299 11/02/08 - 06:43 am
First, the phrase is

First, the phrase is properly, 'love of money is the root of evil'. Money itself is not the problem, it is when people or corporations hold it more dear than Christian brotherhood.
Second, Obama's money came primarily from over 6 million individuals who are desperate for change. never before in history have so many separate individuals contributed to a candidate. That speaks volumes.

Paws..
Paws.. 11/02/08 - 06:48 am
What would be said if a

What would be said if a televangelist raised 150 million in one month? Obama's message is similar to a televangelist in the asks his faithful followers to send money so his messsage of salvation can continue to be spread. Obama asks for "faith" and that his followers believe in him but gives no reason why they should believe. Televangelists at least have people giving testimonials of how they have been healed or otherwise helped through the televangelists ministry but like other Cult leaders, Obama asks for blind faith based only on his promise of "Change". For those of you who have bought the snake oil, Obama's campaign aides are out back mixing up the koolaid.

Paws..
Paws.. 11/02/08 - 06:59 am
"Obama's money came primarily

"Obama's money came primarily from over 6 million individuals who are desperate for change. never before in history have so many separate individuals contributed to a candidate. That speaks volumes."
Posted by cyou299 on Sun Nov 2, 2008 6:43 AM ...................................................................................................."Speaks volumes" but also raises serious question about illegal contributions. There is no doubt that there has ben an unprecedented number of illegal contributions, both foreign and domestic, and Obama has been the beneficiary of those illegal actions. Money is power and money talks. It's a sad day when a once sound and workable election process becomes damaged beyond repair because of such unethical practices. Just another block gone from the foundation of our democracy.

JohnQPublic
JohnQPublic 11/02/08 - 07:18 am
Paws, cyou299 is correct.

Paws, cyou299 is correct. Many folks, myself included, have contributed to Obama's campaign. Obama raised the money because people believe that he will be a good president. Your comment is just another one of the "rumors and untruths" spread around by folks who want McCain to be prez. I did consider McCain as my pick until he chose Palin. I believe it would be an unalterable tragedy to ever have Palin in any position of power. Hopefully the folks from my home state will go blue. I have been talking to them and they think Palin is such a poor choice. There were many, many qualified GOP's for the position and they feel like McCain made an extremely poor pick.

karmakills123
karmakills123 11/02/08 - 08:24 am
coalminer you are a sheep...I

coalminer you are a sheep...I am sorry you threw good money away on the pig who bought this election..and I am truly sorry that you will lose even more of your money in the next four years...I know you will not believe what I say.. because like so many others in History you have fallen on your knees before the false idol....it's going to come back on you...sorry....Heil hussien !!!!

Fish Out of Water
Fish Out of Water 11/02/08 - 11:55 am
I guess I must be evil by the

I guess I must be evil by the logic being thrown around here. I was one of the roughly 3 million contributors to Obama's candidacy. Yes, the economy is weak, and it's not easy to part with any loose change these days. But, the hope of the supporters of Barack Obama is that he can help lead this nation out of the doldrums in which we find ourselves. Most of us realize that one man cannot do this alone, but if we can create an environment of hope instead of fear, ordinary Americans can begin feeling like they can help to bring about the change we all seek.

JohnQPublic
JohnQPublic 11/02/08 - 03:43 pm
Karmakills123.....I changed

Karmakills123.....I changed my mind based on facts...you are the sheep.