Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, P.O. Box 1928, Augusta, GA 30903-1928, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
l The 13-under Cyclones baseball team is looking for two players. The team is based out of Augusta. If interested, contact Steve at (706) 394-1813 or visit email@example.com.
- Chain Baseball of Augusta is enrolling for fall and winter programs for ages 6-18. There will be individual lessons in all aspects of baseball, group sessions, and off-season conditioning. Limited space is available. If interested, call (706) 993-7475.
- Augusta's first Inner City High School Fall Baseball Showcase will be held at Laney Sports Complex on Nov. 8 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Cost is $85. Registration for catchers and pitchers is from 8 to 9 a.m.; position players register from 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. College and MLB scouts will be in attendance. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Under Armour and Baseball Factory will play host to a tryout for players in Georgia at Emory University in Atlanta today at 1 p.m. For information, call (800) 641-4487 or e-mail email@example.com.
l The Augusta Recreation and Parks Department is holding adult basketball registration through Nov. 30 . Men's open, industrial and church leagues available. For details, call Lida Gregg at (706) 842-2682 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Augusta Boxing Club will present open-to-the-public sparring matches on Thursday at the Augusta Boxing Club, located at 1929 Walton Way. There is no charge for attendance, and the public is welcome. Adults must weigh in the previous Monday, and youth must weigh in on Tuesday to be eligible. For information, call Tom Moraetes at (706) 733-7533.
l The Augusta Razorbacks semi-professional football team will hold tryouts at 10 a.m. on Nov. 8 at Eisenhower Park, located at 1488 Eisenhower Drive. For information, call coach Boyd at (706) 394-0156 or coach Johnson at (706) 877-2156.
- Legendary coach Frank Broyles will be the keynote speaker at the Alzheimer's Association's 10th annual Education Conference on March 14, 2009 , at Fort Gordon's Gordon Club. He will also speak at a special Alzheimer's Association dinner at the Pinnacle Club on Friday prior to the Conference. Sponsorships and exhibitor space is available. For more information, call the Alzheimer's Association at (706) 731-9060.
l The CSRA Sports Fan Club will sponsor a trip to the Atlanta Falcons vs. New Orleans Saints game on Nov. 9 . A motorcoach will leave at 9 a.m. from Augusta to the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. Cost is $140, which includes round-trip bus transportation, lower-level seating for the game, and refreshments. For more information, call Greg Brooks at (706) 860-8583 or e-mail email@example.com.
- The Evans High School Baseball Diamond Club will play host to its annual Alumni Golf Tournament on Nov. 9 at Forest Hills Golf Club. Registration and lunch will begin at 11 a.m., with a shotgun start at 12:30 p.m. Cost is $60 per person or $240 per team. For more information contact Darrell Freeman at (706) 829-0862 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Georgia Golf Hall of Fame Golf Society tournament will be held on Nov. 10 at Reynolds Plantation's Reynolds Landing Course in Greensboro, Ga. Only the first 25 teams will be accepted. Deadline for entry is Saturday . For more information, call (706) 724-4443 or visit www.gghf.org.
- The Augusta Rugby Football Club invites all people interested in rugby to practices each Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Julian Smith Casino ballpark. New players are welcome. For information, call Erika Pracht at (803) 634-3186 or e-mail email@example.com. The Web site is www.augustarugby.org.
- The third annual December Dash 10K will be held at Phinizy Swamp Nature Park on Dec. 6 at 9 a.m. Proceeds benefit Southeastern Natural Sciences Academy's environment research, education and outreach programs. For more information or to register, go to www.active.com.
- The Peach Belt men's and women's soccer championships will be held at Blanchard Woods Park in Evans on Nov. 7-9 . On Nov. 8 , the PBC will play host to Breakfast with the Champions Community Day. The breakfast is free and will provide kids ages 7-12 the chance to share a continental breakfast with collegiate student-athletes and participate in a clinic. Sign-ups are due to the conference office by Wednesday . For more information on the breakfast, matches or ticket prices, visit www.peachbeltconference.com.
- The CSRA Force are looking to establish a fast-pitch softball organization. They are looking to form 12U, 14U and 16U teams. The schedule will consist of eight to 10 tournaments in early spring to early summer. The Force are also looking for an experienced co-coach for the 12U team. For information, call Wayne Wilson at (706) 564-5357, Kelly Guy at (706) 829-9803, or Tony Pate at (706) 986-9030.
Tae kwon do
- Master Instructor Michael L. Weintraub will hold "No Tae kwon do, No Discipline: Know Tae kwon do, Know Discipline" classes at "HanaNim's House" at Harrisburg Family Life Center, located at 1901 Fenwick Street. To reserve your place, call (706) 736-1600.
- Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) will conduct its professional development course, the International Certification Workshop, at Citizens Park Tennis Center in Waynesboro on Jan. 3-4 , 2009 . The workshop fee is $95. For more information or to register, call the PTR headquarters at 1-800-421-6289 or visit www.ptrtennis.org.