Man shot in abdomen is taken to hospital
Police investigated a shooting at a Wrightsboro Road apartment complex early Sunday.
Jason D. Ragland, 26, of the 2700 block of Tobacco Road, told police he was shot in the abdomen by an unknown man for unknown reasons at the College Station Apartments, according to a Richmond County sheriff's report.
Mr. Ragland's friends took him to the Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center on Wrightsboro Road. He was later transferred to Medical College of Georgia Hospital.
An MCG spokeswoman said Sunday night that she was not authorized to comment on Mr. Ragland's condition.
- There will be lane closures on the eastbound and westbound sides of Interstate 20 between Davis and Wheeler roads through Friday, from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. The eastbound and westbound lanes of Bobby Jones Expressway between Wrightsboro Road and I-20 will be closed during the same time.
- There will be lane closures on the eastbound and westbound sides of Wheeler Road between Marks Church Road and Perimeter Parkway through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Crews will allow traffic to travel straight on Scott Nixon Memorial Drive at Bobby Jones Expressway. The area had been closed as crews built the new Bobby Jones overpass.
- Patriots Way will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday while crews install a new water line.
- The stop light at the "T" intersection of Ronald Reagan Drive and Evans Town Center Boulevard will be dismantled today at 10 a.m. The light will be replaced by 10 a.m. Friday. Until it is replaced, approaches to the intersection will be reduced to a single lane and stop signs will be in place.