Liberating to study up on election

I just wanted to appeal to those of you who feel you have not been "in the know" on the presidential election. I felt the same way. But folks, resources abound in the world of the Internet.

Do your homework. Your vote counts. I am a McCain-Palin supporter, and I am so because of the homework I have done. Not because I consider myself Republican, not because I am a feminist, not because of any reason aside from the facts. I am basing my decision on the issues.

Look at the candidates' ideas for change. Don't just look for change. Being an employee ofÂthe corporate world for over 20 years has taught me one thing if nothing else: Change is going to happen.

I was always an advocate of change. But my friends, change in and of itself is not always good. We need solid ideas to support what those changes will be.

McCain and Palin offer that. Their ideas of change have backbone. Their changes will give power to people, not government. Their change is not afraid to reach across party lines or include experts in other parties to help move the change. Their records prove that.

All this to say one thing: Do your homework. Don't count yourself or your vote out. Download speeches, investigate voting records, read the specifics of the change. Empower yourself folks. You will be surprised how liberating it is.

Jessica Beheler

Evans

Comments (20)

christian134
christian134 10/13/08 - 06:18 am

Well written well stated

Well written well stated Jessica Beheler....

dani
dani 10/13/08 - 07:13 am

In the present day economy it

In the present day economy it will be impossible to make most of the promises of change. We now know that the priorities have changed. It is now all about changes and reform of Congress and the financial sector. We will be a long time getting though the mess we are now in, and it will take experience to keep us afloat and the maturity to make sure it doesn't happen again. >You can put aside any preconceived ideas you have about a candidate and start over,,,it is now a brand new race.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 10/13/08 - 07:44 am

Vote for the black man. Let

Vote for the black man. Let your white guilt be your guide.

karmakills123
karmakills123 10/13/08 - 09:36 am

( :

( :

grouse
grouse 10/13/08 - 10:00 am

I've done my homework and I'm

I've done my homework and I'm voting Obama!

jack234
jack234 10/13/08 - 10:06 am

Sorry PT: That ploy to move

Sorry PT: That ploy to move voters away from Obama won't work neither will the scare tatics as McCain himself has observed. Did you get your psychology course off the back of a cereal box. You under estimate the intellegence of the American voter. I suggest you get on the Obama train as soon as you can, we do have extra-wide seats. Oh yea, the socialist scare won't work either, so you can drop that. You need to create a new fear, but the days are running out. LOL

disssman
disssman 10/13/08 - 10:18 am

Jessica dear, other than to

Jessica dear, other than to say "He's a maverick or He's a war hero" what has little Sarah said that was so profound and mind shattering, that you would follow her through hell? Last I looked she wasn't allowed to say anything, outside the basic speach she had been given, without Mister McCains' approval! I would think that as a woman you would find that to be a sexist policy from the McCain camp! On another note, I really think it is time for her to send the kids back to school because they have been drug around that speakers platform for days now. By the way do the kids have a life, or is Sarahs' objectives more important. And finally your idea that govt has no reason to regulate, that "power" of the people is all we need, is flawed because without laws there is no power of the people!

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/13/08 - 10:54 am

On the other hand, we are

On the other hand, we are bombarded everyday with uplifting, motivational speeches by Biden.

griesella
griesella 10/13/08 - 11:14 am

Looking at the issues on the

Looking at the issues on the Omana web site makes it even harder to see why anyone would vote Democrat.>>>
Obama's position is not a new one: He has been a major proponent of driver's licenses for illegals since his days as an Illinois state senator. ___He is just too liberal for me.

lord griggs1947
lord griggs1947 10/13/08 - 11:22 am

Obama- Biden will mean a

Obama- Biden will mean a return to our commonalty rather than you are on your own if the private sector cannot help you enough. It will be a reaffirmation of our national Social Contract, working through the second article of the Constitution about the General Welfare.
When Republicans talk about empowering the people, they realy mean you are on your own. They ever try to scare us with the notion that federal aid is pernicious, taking away our willl to persist as free individuals. Nay, the reality portrays itself as our safety net that empowers us to more than merely survive but also gives us dignity. Workfare is temporary. Individuals therefy have to work as they do so want to do! Pres. Reagan's welfare queen, as reporters so noted, does not exist but in his Hollywood imagination as he once referred to a movie scene as a real event! Social Security and Medicare-Medicaid are generational ties- our extended family at work, helping each other. Yes, it doth take a village! That is the individualism of our commonalty at work for each of us. Our mutual altruism is in our self-unterests. Our tax moneys pay for our common interests,not rob us of money for our own use, contrary to Republ

jack234
jack234 10/13/08 - 11:29 am

I just want to pause and wish

I just want to pause and wish everyone a happy Columbus, Ga. day!!!!!LOL

KSL
KSL 10/13/08 - 11:44 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PgV3_1_qlc ........I stopped listening have I had heard Sal's interviews.

Rozzie2003
Rozzie2003 10/13/08 - 11:47 am

skeptic griggsy, your post is

skeptic griggsy, your post is well stated and humane. We are all our brothers' keepers. Vote Obama-Biden!

jack234
jack234 10/13/08 - 11:47 am

I had never thought about it

I had never thought about it before but there was a time when Blacks only saw the name of white candidates on the ballot because Blacks were not allowed to run for office (please don't deny this, no one is that naive). So, I guess, to many Blacks it is a shock to see a man running for president that looks like them and see an opportunity to makeup for all the times they did't see the name of a Black candidate. I guess thats why its important to be careful what you deny to your fellow citizens. It might come back to haunt you. Now, LOL to everyone.

lord griggs1947
lord griggs1947 10/13/08 - 12:41 pm

Rozzie203, thank you! To

Rozzie203, thank you! To finish the last sentence of the previous pst : contrary to Republican assertions. It will be wonderful to have an administration thaat is pro-science and finds Panned Parentlhood a boon, not an anathema! It will be so wonderful to have an adminstratin that seeks to ever ensure our liberties,not override them in the name of national security. It wlll be so wonderful to have an administration that realizes that tax moneys indeed go for our use and benefit rather than this maladminstratin that ever brays about giving us our money back in order to "starve the beast" as they refer to our General Welfare. And this train - our train will win! Yes, Jack234, the scare of miscegenation has so hurt us all ! Dani, O-B. willl prioritze and re-invent government as Clinton-Gore did so well,with cutting program where possible. S eagle, MCain-Biden are reactionaries who would make Cheney -Bush look like amateurs. Dissman, yes, to rational regulations [ Remember that Carter-Mondale and Sen Kenndey led the way for deregulation but did not want to overdue it like the reactionaries would do. Just the facts, Sen. Biden ever encourages us to reform matters: that inspires me.

justus4
justus4 10/13/08 - 01:14 pm

One guy has thirteen homes or

One guy has thirteen homes or residents, while the other has only one. And that one mortage was scrutinize by the All White Media (AWM) as being somehow questionable. Thats all one need to know.

imdstuf
imdstuf 10/13/08 - 01:21 pm

I likely will vote for Bob

I likely will vote for Bob Barr or Ron Paul. Both would bring more change than either major party candidate.

griesella
griesella 10/13/08 - 02:54 pm

imd..How will that happen?

imd..How will that happen? Neither will get the chance. I think you are wasting a good vote.

disssman
disssman 10/13/08 - 04:35 pm

Just facts. The difference

Just facts. The difference between Biden and little Sarah is he speaks his mind, she says what ever Johnny Mac tells her. A really disgusting position for a strong woman. By the way Crystal the commentator agreed with my assessment this afternoon on FOX.

ThatOne
ThatOne 10/13/08 - 06:25 pm

Yeah right on Jessica!! We

Yeah right on Jessica!! We definitely need more politicians who can lead us down the road that crosses the bridge to nowhere! And there hasn'e been enough abuse of power by VP Cheney so Palin needs to step up and step in!!! I'm with you Jessica, you betcha I am!!!

Serioun
Serioun 10/13/08 - 10:58 pm

Sarah you are baseing you

Sarah you are baseing you vote on your issues not the issues of the country and/or the world. And you are right, the world does change, and for many Americans like yourself it changed about 40 years ago, but you didn't see it. Roe vs. Wade, the end to segregation, biracil dating and marriages, the increase of the hispanic polpulation, the missing "weapons of mass destruction", Aids, teenage pregnancy, high school drop outs, these are just a few of the events/cultural changes that happened to shape this nation. So the world has already changed, it is just waiting for us to catch up. How do we do that, we evolve to a legislature, government, leader who represents that change. We want young and educated who see a ever aging population, a decline in competiveness throughout the world, and a need for more college grads. and professional. We want to eat at McDonalds, but dine on steak. Peace not war, prosperity not poverty, health not death. And for this we need a forty something man for the new millenum. And that is Barack Obama. It the only way to achieve our ultimate goal; Peace with ourselves and our neighbors, Proseperity on mainstreat and healthy a Americia. OBAMA 2008!!