Religion and guns odd mix for Palin

This week in Ohio I heard Sarah Palin make the statement that Obama wants to take "religion and guns" away from Americans.

Putting these two subjects in one sentence makes us a little "Talibanish," don't you think?

Am I the only one this bothers? I want to ask Mrs. Palin: "If Jesus were here, would he have a gun?"

Sharon Smith

North Augusta, S.C.

KSL
KSL 09/28/08 - 05:35 pm
Hi Sister. When I first

Hi Sister. When I first starting reading the comments here a long time ago, OJ2 was posting. And generally it was short posts which were hard to understand. One such time he got so excited that he posted words that were in no way a sentence or an intended sentence with any meaning. One of the regulars posted back, "In the name of everything that is holy, owensjef, what are you trying to say?" It was so funny. Now he is very fluent and very easy to understand. I enjoy reading his posts. Don't agree with them, but I do read them. I did notice he did not answer your question. But those type of questions are rarely answered here, as you know.

SisterAbdullahX_
SisterAbdullahX_ 09/28/08 - 05:41 pm
True KSL...I have noticed

True KSL...I have noticed that when confronted with the truth and proof of that truth, some of the posters here either ignore you, or call you names. That's probably why Cain doesn't post here much anymore. Either that, or people have started to just ignore him.

KSL
KSL 09/28/08 - 06:31 pm
I am very certain that Cain

I am very certain that Cain is very busy with his family. He is, I believe, an excellent father and husband. That being said, he does pop in from time to time with the same old rhetoric.

KSL
KSL 09/28/08 - 06:35 pm
I don't agree with him, nor

I don't agree with him, nor does he with me. We have agreed to disagree. I said he pops in with the same old rhetoric. I pop in with my same old stuff as well. I'm just not as lengthy as he is. Probably don't make my points as well either.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 09/28/08 - 06:38 pm
Maybe you aren't independent

Maybe you aren't independent enough?

KSL
KSL 09/28/08 - 06:45 pm
Cain is far more impassioned

Cain is far more impassioned about his points of view. I believe he developed his pov early on. Mine has evolved through the years. And since I am a capitalist, as is my husband, though very poor ones in the grand scheme of things, I cannot and will not accept the Democratic ideas of change. We believe in personal responsibility. Our medical insurance is very high. We could get it for less, but we believe that if we accepted the lessor premium we will have to accept the lower level of care. And that is exactly what we we will all get under a Nationalized Health plan. That's what other countries get.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 09/28/08 - 06:48 pm
Well anyone that wants the

Well anyone that wants the federal government to take over healthcare should spend a little time in the VA hospitals. Or, remember how we promised our soldiers that with 20 years of service all their medical needs would be taken care of for the rest of their lives? They now have a waiting list to be seen and are rushed in and out like cattle. Yeah I can see my medical care becoming better under the red tape of the federal government.

JesusIsComing
JesusIsComing 09/28/08 - 06:58 pm
EJ, It's a thing called

EJ, It's a thing called "irony". Jesus is used in my name because He is, indeed, coming. Get ready - that's not irony.

SisterAbdullahX_
SisterAbdullahX_ 09/28/08 - 07:18 pm
Not sure how good a father

Not sure how good a father Cain could be if he posts on his Augusta Alternative website for 14 hours a day.....which he does.....I did the math.

SisterAbdullahX_
SisterAbdullahX_ 09/28/08 - 08:41 pm
And poor Cain still thinks

And poor Cain still thinks the surge in Iraq is a complete failure. He devotes over 14 hours a day to reading blogs and posting them on his site. Truly a sad existence..

Chuchi
Chuchi 09/28/08 - 09:04 pm
Short answer to Ms. Smith:

Short answer to Ms. Smith: Jesus is here, and He doesn't need a gun.

KSL
KSL 09/28/08 - 09:13 pm
I know what you are talking

I know what you are talking about. But trust me, he's lucky enough not to have to work. He can still be there when ihs wife and children need him. He is indeed a good parent. He just has a different attitude toward the circumstances that brought him to that position. And different ideas about what he and his family is entitled to in spite of his arrival at that position. Cain and I are totally opposite products of the 60's. Ironically he stayed in the south and became what he is. I was exposed to the same experience as Hillary. I did not change from my conservative views, all the time my parents were shifting leftward.

Chuchi
Chuchi 09/28/08 - 09:15 pm
The rest of us, however, are

The rest of us, however, are in non-resurrected form, and are therefore somewhat more vulnerable. Which means that if a person wishes to both go to church and own a firearm for hunting, target shooting or personal protection, it is currently our constitutional right to do so.

KSL
KSL 09/28/08 - 09:19 pm
Note, there are several

Note, there are several conversations going on here.

soldout
soldout 09/28/08 - 09:25 pm
Fellow Christians, if you

Fellow Christians, if you don't want the people who think killing babies is okay, in charge of the country we can stop it. Pray for all truth to come to light, pray confusion on the enemies of God. Pray distraction on election day for those who vote pro-death. Speak a blessing of knowledge and wisdom over McCain and Sarah. God will work all things together for good for those who love Him. Obama needs a relationship with Jesus more than he needs to be president.

KSL
KSL 09/28/08 - 09:42 pm
Lon, you are making it harder

Lon, you are making it harder to get them elected.

SisterAbdullahX_
SisterAbdullahX_ 09/29/08 - 03:50 am
KSL.... if you have any

KSL.... if you have any question to the character of Cain, her is a quote from him. "I'm not thanking any soldiers for their role in the unnecessary, unjust, immoral, illegal, unwinnable U.S. war of aggression in Iraq. Their role in this has endangered my freedoms not protected them. So I euphemistically say "[filtered word] the U.S. soldiers serving in Iraq."" And when he posted it, it wasn't edited.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 09/29/08 - 06:49 am
Sorry, didn't have much time

Sorry, didn't have much time to write yesterday, I went to church to learn more about my faith. (As I've been doing for a few decades) and later, cleaned my gun and went to my favorite target shooting location for some practice. (No, NOT the old neighborhood!) No, I don't have a problem with the combo plate of guns and Jesus. If Jesus had lived in my old neighborhood and was not packing heat for self-protection, he might not have made it past 33 years old there either.