Religion and guns odd mix for Palin

This week in Ohio I heard Sarah Palin make the statement that Obama wants to take "religion and guns" away from Americans.

Putting these two subjects in one sentence makes us a little "Talibanish," don't you think?

Am I the only one this bothers? I want to ask Mrs. Palin: "If Jesus were here, would he have a gun?"

Sharon Smith

North Augusta, S.C.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 09/28/08 - 03:51 pm
The only one that is not

The only one that is not prepared is the " Beautiful" Palin. We will find out Thursday how prepared she is. Unless some crisis arises like no lipstick to wear.

jack
jack 09/28/08 - 03:52 pm
Yonce, stupid is as stupid

Yonce, stupid is as stupid does and you are stupid. Todd Palin owns and operates a commercial fishing vessel not to mention wokring in the oil fields during the off season for fishing. Geez, he's even a UNION member! Just what commercial anything do you own ? You can be assured she will not say anything as stupid as you do here daily She has more intellect in her little finger than you do between your ears (a vacuum).

God save America
God save America 09/28/08 - 04:02 pm
if you put big taxes on big

if you put big taxes on big companys the cost will be passed down to consumers which are us. isn't that what hussan obama wants to do besides other stupid things to costs us more money.

jack
jack 09/28/08 - 04:06 pm
Noton, my wife was 5'2" and

Noton, my wife was 5'2" and also wore high heels, but defintiely wasn't insecure about her height. She just felt they went with her clothes better. As for gay marriage in my church, my church ont change but the preacher who performs that service will change. As for guns and religion, I am a Christian (not perfect, just saved) and I collect guns. I used to hunt in my younger days and deer meat is very healthy as is moose burgers and steaks I am sure. W all worry about the price of gas, food , heating, etc, as those prices have sky rocketed caused by our lack of refining oil after Ike, so what is your point, other than you believe in gay marriage and seem to look down on short, petite women?

jack234
jack234 09/28/08 - 04:14 pm
As an independent, most other

As an independent, most other independents don't mind more taxes if it will benefit our fellow americans who might be down on their luck. The government doesn't seem to mind spending 700 billion that they don't have to bail out wall street, We are blessed that the demoncrats and independents, in their thinking, are watching closely to insure that safe guards and transparency is in place. We have watched this administration too many times help the rich (no bid contracts, etc) get richer, and no one bats an eye. Time to stop it now. We have someone looking out for us, dem. and Rep. Now as always, have a blessed day. To my fans: I will probably make my decision after the BIDEN-palin debate. That is the way we independents roll.

LaTwon
LaTwon 09/28/08 - 04:16 pm
obama sued citi bank in 1995

obama sued citi bank in 1995 because they were not providing enough subprime loans.......... change? just words? his housing advisor made 90 million on fannie mae.......change? just words?
and let me clarify, i am no mccain fan either..............
burning down the house.......................................

LaTwon
LaTwon 09/28/08 - 04:22 pm
ron paul, george bush, john

ron paul, george bush, john mccain all tried to regulate fannie and freddie. who blocked them? the dems........ pelosi, reid, obama, dodd........... who got the most money from these failed
entities and banks? obama, dodd, pelosi, reid. change? just words? vote them all out. no change same hypocrisy............

jack234
jack234 09/28/08 - 04:30 pm
TO JACK234: As a fellow

TO JACK234: As a fellow independent, I want to thank you for your keen insights. I am always more knowledgable after reading your posts. I want to think you from all independents. Now, you too have a blessed day.

factchecker
factchecker 09/28/08 - 04:35 pm
turn page

turn page

jack234
jack234 09/28/08 - 04:36 pm
As an independent, the

As an independent, the Brewers just won - CC for president. Have a blessed day. Don't be a stick in the mud.

factchecker
factchecker 09/28/08 - 04:37 pm
dani - on your 1:32pm post. I

dani - on your 1:32pm post. I am by no means sticking up for Biden but Baretta does make a shotgun. Mine is a semi-automatic 12 guage.

KSL
KSL 09/28/08 - 04:39 pm
Well, I certainly agree with

Well, I certainly agree with you on that LaTwon. Obama talks about change, but he wants to change the wrong things or to change things in the wrong way.It bewilders me when people talk about how all of the money being spent in the Iraq war could be better spent o domestic (give-away) programs at home. They fail to comprehend (or refuse to acknowledge) that tons of money has been thrown at the "victims" of poverty since LBJ's Great Society. Well poverty is still with us, some through generations. We have not significantly reduced poverty, we have just in many cases elevated the conditions under which those in poverty live. But as long as kids keeping dropping out of school and having babies instead of educating themselves enough to break out of poverty and the need for handouts, no amount of money is going to solve the problem. It will just continue to perpetuate it.

factchecker
factchecker 09/28/08 - 04:47 pm
GACopperhead - What are you

GACopperhead - What are you talking about what McCain supposedly did and didn't do in the meeting? Are you taking the opposing party's word when they have a vested interest in the outcome of the presidential election and therefore the image they portray of McCain? It is better not to believe either side about what they say of the other.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 09/28/08 - 04:58 pm
jack#'s the chronicle has

jack#'s the chronicle has rules that your posts must be on topic. Please quit making this a chat board. I hope trhe chronicle will see fit to suspend your account.

factchecker
factchecker 09/28/08 - 04:58 pm
"Mr. McCain came up with the

"Mr. McCain came up with the idea of having Mr. Bush invite all sides to the White House, which assembled the meeting with a shrug, figuring it couldn't hurt. - In typical Washington style, both sides blamed each other for the breakdown in talks. Democrats accused Mr. McCain of causing the impasse by injecting presidential politics into the negotiations. - Republicans accused Democrats of rushing an "agreement in principle" before the White House meeting to deny Mr. McCain a chance to help seal the deal. One Republican gave Mr. McCain the credit for Thursday morning's "agreement in principle." Augusta Chronicle (AP) by Deb Reichmann 09-28-08. SOUNDS TO ME LIKE BOTH SIDES ARE TO BLAME IF YOU LISTEN TO THEM BOTH. My point here GACOPPERHEAD is that if you listen to any of them about something like this this close to an election all you are going to hear is posturing. The only thing here that matters is the outcome and how Washington will screw us all again no matter the political party. And GACopperhead I thought you were the one clammoring for being fair and balanced. Nope, I think not, just another party shill.

jack234
jack234 09/28/08 - 05:05 pm
As an independent, my account

As an independent, my account is paid up. Please don't be a stick in the mud, life is too short to be so serious. What we say here has very little effect. Never over estimate you self worth. Now as a very strong independent, have a blessed day and loosen up a little. Remember the stick.

jack234
jack234 09/28/08 - 05:07 pm
As an independent, If you

As an independent, If you must make this a chat line, I suggest you go to yahoo games and you can shoot pool and chat the same time. You might be able to keep your same posting name if you must. Bye. LOL

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 09/28/08 - 05:18 pm
You don't pay to be here. You

You don't pay to be here. You make this a chat line more than anybody. I have no worries about keeping my name. I have never been reported. Quit posting your drivel that is not related to the article at hand. If you want to post about the article feel free. The chronicle has rules about people such as you that cut and paste several of the same comments and just post them randomly. As far as your self worth? I'm not the one claiming to have fans. I also am not tht one that is a liar about what party they belong to and who they support. YOu realize that you have never said anything positive about mccain and Palin? The only posts you make "as an independent" are pro Obama.

KSL
KSL 09/28/08 - 05:27 pm
wylds, jack# doesn't know

wylds, jack# doesn't know what an independent is. And he certainly slept through English grammar.

jack234
jack234 09/28/08 - 05:56 pm
As an independent, I will not

As an independent, I will not converse with loudermilk because then I would be participating in a chat line and, I, as an independent refuse to be part of that. Independents are very independent. But, at the same time, have a blessed day. "The voice for independents"

dani
dani 09/28/08 - 05:57 pm
I messed up on the Beretta

I messed up on the Beretta gun deal. Sorry folks.

jack234
jack234 09/28/08 - 06:00 pm
As an independent, no one is

As an independent, no one is perfect. LOL

jack234
jack234 09/28/08 - 06:05 pm
As an independent, loudermilk

As an independent, loudermilk was there, that's why I slept - can you blame me, speaking as an independent.

KSL
KSL 09/28/08 - 06:12 pm
Well just go on talking to

Well just go on talking to yourself, jackie. That's about all you are doing, chatting with yourself. Because, for the most part, you are not addressing the topic. And for your last 5 or more posts you have forgotten your signature.What's up with that. You have been using "have blessed day" far longer than your new "as an independent." LOL

jack234
jack234 09/28/08 - 06:14 pm
LOL back at you.

LOL back at you.

KSL
KSL 09/28/08 - 06:14 pm
Don't believe I went to

Don't believe I went to school with you Jackie. No one graduated from my school with a lack of the knowledge of grammar. That would be no one.

KSL
KSL 09/28/08 - 06:16 pm
Uh oh, You broke your rule.

Uh oh, You broke your rule. You are chatting. LOL. I do hope you have a great day, what is left of it.

KSL
KSL 09/28/08 - 06:17 pm
Now, back to the topic at

Now, back to the topic at hand..............

KSL
KSL 09/28/08 - 06:21 pm
I'm a stickler for grammar.

I'm a stickler for grammar. Are we to believe Sharon Smith was in Ohio when she heard Palin say what she quotes? Also along grammatical lines, does Palin quoting something Obama said make "us" "Talibanish"? I do commend her for her brevity in making a point.

SisterAbdullahX_
SisterAbdullahX_ 09/28/08 - 06:23 pm
I wonder if Owensjef2 is

I wonder if Owensjef2 is still around. Yesterday he accused me of lying, yet couldn't even state what I said that was a lie, much less provide any proof. Typical

Search of alleged dealer's home found drugs, firearms