Religion and guns odd mix for Palin

This week in Ohio I heard Sarah Palin make the statement that Obama wants to take "religion and guns" away from Americans.

Putting these two subjects in one sentence makes us a little "Talibanish," don't you think?

Am I the only one this bothers? I want to ask Mrs. Palin: "If Jesus were here, would he have a gun?"

Sharon Smith

North Augusta, S.C.

EJ
EJ 09/28/08 - 08:41 am
Well, it's no more ridiculous

Well, it's no more ridiculous than people who use "Jesus" in their online screen names..........what's the point?

Bizarro
Bizarro 09/28/08 - 08:46 am
Well they didn't have guns in

Well they didn't have guns in Jesus's time, but when the guards came to capture him one of his disciples drew his sword and cut off the ear of a guard. Jesus reprimanded him and then healed the guard's ear, but obviously Jesus didn't reprimand him for carrying a sword. Ooohh!

disssman
disssman 09/28/08 - 08:53 am
PT given the height of Palins

PT given the height of Palins high heels, I believe everything she aays goes over most peoples head, She must really be insecure about her height! For Wylds4, if you don't want to see Homosexuals have a religious ceremony then DON'T attend the service. If the ceremony is in your church, then find a new church. As for me, I don't think guns or religion will buy my family or me a loaf of bread and therefore they are not foremost in my thinking. I am a little jealous of the rest of you folks though. I am enviouss of people, like you, who apparently have such well structured lives that guns and religion are the only things you have to worry about. Me, I have to worry about gas, electric, water, insurance, my house and job taxes, school, retirement etc. etc. etc.

confederate american
confederate american 09/28/08 - 09:24 am
notonyourlife,a gun will feed

notonyourlife,a gun will feed your family,you are probably to stupid to grow some of your familys food.as far a homosexuals there is no place for them,they are called dogs of the earth in the bible,thank god they can't breed

shamrock
shamrock 09/28/08 - 09:41 am
Why everyone makes a big deal

Why everyone makes a big deal over Sarah Palin's views and forgets about the nut case Obama picked for a running mate ... a professional politician who has NEVER been able to keep his facts straight ... is beyond me. Palin should be more definitive about how Obama will take away "religion and guns"! If elected, Obama will be so deep in the pockets of the left-coast liberals who put him in power that he will have no choice but to remove any reference to God from within the government ... an alleged separation of church and state that DOES NOT EXIST! Guns will only belong to criminals (and a few Hollywood supporters) while law abiding citizens will lose their right to have weapons either for hunting or protection .. both of which are protected under our current Constitution which is an endangered document should the election got to Obama and his band on looney-tunes!

rufus
rufus 09/28/08 - 09:45 am
CHANGE Come Help A Negro Get

CHANGE

Come Help A Negro Get Elected

jack234
jack234 09/28/08 - 10:09 am
As an independent, look like

As an independent, look like the novelty of this Palin gal is wearing off. Now, she has to use her head to hold her own. As an independent, we'll have to see how far that takes her. Now, as a strong and getting stronger independent, have a blessed day.

Farful
Farful 09/28/08 - 10:21 am
Thank you, Ms. Smith for that

Thank you, Ms. Smith for that wonderful letter. If Jesus were here, he wouldnt need one.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 09/28/08 - 10:40 am
notonyourlife, the first

notonyourlife, the first several posts responded to the LTE. Many other subjects are more worthy of comment and concern, but staying on subject is the initial goal of some.

griesella
griesella 09/28/08 - 10:42 am
I am waiting to hear an

I am waiting to hear an explanation of why Obama favored associates such as Rev Wright, Priest Pfleger, and Ayers all who teach that America is an oppressive and racial nation. While in Illinois Obama made it a point to support Ayers teachings and remarks that Obama and his wife have made since seems to follow these teachings. This has all been documented and I believe we deserve an explanation.

jack234
jack234 09/28/08 - 10:44 am
Speaking as an independent, I

Speaking as an independent, I would rather see the 700 billion go to providing housing and healthcare than to go to wallstreet and bankers who knew eaxactly what they were doing when they were more concern with commissions from loans than making sure that borrowers understood the conditions of the loans they made. Greed shouldn't be rewarded. Now, that's really speaking as an independent. I say leave it alone, let the cards fall where they may. Too bigger gamble, no guarantees. Have a blessed day. LOL.

dani
dani 09/28/08 - 10:48 am
I saw on CNN that now in more

I saw on CNN that now in more than 10 states A.C.O.R.N. is being investigated for voter fraud. A problem with the investigation is that documents showing fraud has to be turned over to the local elections boards for a determination.. We don' t stand a chance, folks.

Johnwaltlhroopfranchetti
Johnwaltlhroopfranchetti 09/28/08 - 11:04 am
Read Obamaman's book, read

Read Obamaman's book, read his wifes college thesis. If you can still support him, then their is no hope for you.

jack234
jack234 09/28/08 - 11:06 am
As an independent, who are

As an independent, who are "we"? Have a blessed day. Look like voter fraud is the trend in presidential elections since the last election. Speaking as an independent, of course.

Johnwaltlhroopfranchetti
Johnwaltlhroopfranchetti 09/28/08 - 11:11 am
Yep, 234 and even that didn't

Yep, 234 and even that didn't help kerry!

jack234
jack234 09/28/08 - 11:11 am
As an independent, we don't

As an independent, we don't worry about books. We look at where we are now and the best road forward. Since some of the proceeds from his book go to his campaign, I'm sure this Obama fellow appreciate your support. Independents try to live for the future and don't dwell on talking points from the past. These are serious times and we have to look at this McCain fellow and this Obama fellow and determine which has the best and freshest ideas for the future. Now, as an independent, have a blessed day.

jack234
jack234 09/28/08 - 11:13 am
As an independent, "WE"?

As an independent, "WE"?

factchecker
factchecker 09/28/08 - 11:20 am
In the same spirit as Kanye

In the same spirit as Kanye West - Obama don't like white people, their guns or their religion. No fact here just my opinion.....

jack234
jack234 09/28/08 - 11:24 am
As an independent, Kanye West

As an independent, Kanye West can only speak for Kanye West. I'm shocked that you would give so much credence to his statement. People, especially independents, tend to think for themselves. Have a blessed day.

factchecker
factchecker 09/28/08 - 11:25 am
In the same SPIRIT as Kanye

In the same SPIRIT as Kanye West - Obama don't like white people, their guns or their religion. No fact here just my opinion.....

SusieQ
SusieQ 09/28/08 - 11:25 am
Religion and Guns in the same

Religion and Guns in the same sentence---doesn't bother me!!
Are you saying there's no gun in your home? If not better get one!
If Jesus came today he would probably need a gun.
SusieQ

BobG
BobG 09/28/08 - 11:28 am
I see and hear a lot of

I see and hear a lot of liberal hysteria in these posts, folks. Who knows, maybe what this country really needs is Obama. Another Jimmy Carter type administration might just help Americans see the light. That could give us another sixteen years of sanity and freedom from the socialist loons. Still, I'm voting to keep the constitution we have, not the one Al Gore and Obama see and describe as "a living breathing document.", that is to say, it means whatever the party in power wants it to mean. No thanks.

KSL
KSL 09/28/08 - 11:38 am
Jack#, if Kayne West can only

Jack#, if Kayne West can only speak for Kayne West, why do you think you can speak for all independents? You can't and don't.

jack234
jack234 09/28/08 - 11:57 am
As an independent, don't tell

As an independent, don't tell the rest of the independents. As always, have a blessed day.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 09/28/08 - 12:53 pm
Hi SusieQ, I'm with you!

Hi SusieQ, I'm with you!

factchecker
factchecker 09/28/08 - 01:09 pm
Again - my opinion. And the

Again - my opinion. And the Jews in Germany didn't have guns either and look what the Germans did to God's children. So don't even think that religion and guns shouldn't go together. Some groups need guns for protection BECAUSE of their religion. Ask all those that have died opposing Allah as their God. All you that want us to quit fighting for ours AND other people's freedoms in other parts of the world and don't agree that you would rather fight them in their streets instead of ours - go ahead and give up your guns. Hell give up mine for me and when WE are invaded and there is no one left to help us and we can't help ourselves because you took my guns then learn to say "Allah Akbar" or die.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 09/28/08 - 01:13 pm
As an independent thinker, I

As an independent thinker, I choose to not read the posts of jack234, angiesdad and some others. Mosts posts offer intelligent thinking, then there are those that offer nothing.

steve-o
steve-o 09/28/08 - 01:21 pm
Religion and guns is not

Religion and guns is not nearly as crazy a mix as baby killing and religion, or gay marriage and religion.

pathetic democRATS

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 09/28/08 - 01:23 pm
convertedsoutherner, I think

convertedsoutherner, I think you'll find that most of the goofy posts are posted by the same person that uses numerous personas. A person that also uses another persona to post somewhat intelligent comments. I find, for the most part, that just not responding to the goofier comments(or even reading them) is the best policy.

dani
dani 09/28/08 - 01:32 pm
More gaffs from

More gaffs from OBiden..yesterday..'Barack Obama ain't taking my shotguns, so don't buy that malarkey' he said. If he tries to fool with my Beret ta, he's got a problem..' Biden doesn't know that a Beratta is a hand-gun, not a shot-gun? I think not.