Writer owes Palin public apology

Regarding the Sept. 24 letter "Liberal media myth just not true" by Gloria R. Greenbaum:

The report on Fox News that Barack Obama supported sex education in kindergarten was true. It was his denial that is a lie. He voted to pass the bill that required sex education be taught in public schools from kindergarten through grade 12. It did not specify that it would be limited to warning kindergarteners about inappropriate touching. So it was Obama who lied, not Fox News.

I know how Ms. Greenbaum feels about being trapped in a room having to listen to lies, because I had the same experience last week at the VA. I was exposed to eight hours of MSNBC's lies and expounding the media's swooning for Obama and their loathing of McCain and Palin. Every TV at the downtown VA was turned to "MSN-BS." Poor Charlie Norwood must be spinning in his grave.

But Ms. Greenbaum sinks to the depths of indecency when she questions Sarah Palin's motive for having a test to determine the health of her baby. That is routinely done for virtually every mother during their pregnancy. Women who believe life begins at conception do not have tests to determine if they want an abortion. The fact that Ms. Greenbaum asks, "Did she think that would make her more heroic in the eyes of the public?" shows how low she will go to discredit someone she obviously hates.

I agree with her that "Every American is entitled to a difference of opinion: that is a heritage which we all cherish, but we are not entitled to sling mud and tell lies for political advantage ..." So why is she slinging mud and telling lies about Palin? ...

You, dear lady, owe Sarah Palin a public apology!

Richard Banks, Augusta

realistineducation
realistineducation 09/26/08 - 05:23 am
Sarah Palin deserves no

Sarah Palin deserves no apology. The woman is not qualified for the job, and God forbid that McCain dies of a heart attack, this woman would run the country. Did you not see her interview with Catie Couric, the woman doesn't know what in the hell she is talking about.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 09/26/08 - 05:50 am
Mrs Palin does not give great

Mrs Palin does not give great interviews. OK...Have you listened to Obama during interviews without a teleprompter? He stutters and stumbles for his words. There are lapses in his speech. Obiden ladies & gentlemen may give ladies & gentlemen poor interviews ladies & gentlemen as well.

SisterAbdullahX_
SisterAbdullahX_ 09/26/08 - 06:03 am
God forbid should Obama win,

God forbid should Obama win, since he has less qualifications than Palin. Palin was asked about "The Bush Doctrine" and didn't know what that meant. That's because there is no such document.

jack234
jack234 09/26/08 - 06:24 am
As an independent, I saw the

As an independent, I saw the interview. She really came across as a complete air-head. But, the choice is made and McCain has to live with it. Look like her newness has worn off and reality has set in.

dashiel
dashiel 09/26/08 - 06:41 am
Surprise, surprise. Palin is

Surprise, surprise. Palin is a redneck so rednecks adore her.

SisterAbdullahX_
SisterAbdullahX_ 09/26/08 - 06:55 am
And the childish name calling

And the childish name calling begins.

msitua
msitua 09/26/08 - 07:03 am
An amnio is not virtually

An amnio is not virtually done for every pregnant woman. That is a crazy statement. In fact, there are dangers associated with doing the test that doctors are now very aware of and if they aren't, they should be.

factchecker
factchecker 09/26/08 - 07:03 am
"(CNN) - Rep. Alcee Hastings

"(CNN) - Rep. Alcee Hastings told an audience of Jewish Democrats Wednesday that they should be wary of Republican VP nominee Sarah Palin because "anybody toting guns and stripping moose don't care too much about what they do with Jews and blacks." http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/24/florida-congressman-poin...

stillamazed
stillamazed 09/26/08 - 07:14 am
The name calling isn't

The name calling isn't solving anything and really makes the posters look ignorant. Republican/Democrat just go ahead and vote for who you feel is more qualified and stop the name calling. I am beginning to wonder if any of them are really qualified to run this country.............but I don't feel that Gloria had the right to question Palins decision to have an amnio....I have worked for an OB/GYN and when a woman is a certain age they do recommend it, not to every woman but normally to women over a certain age, that was a really low blow and has nothing to do with this champaign.

NoSocialism
NoSocialism 09/26/08 - 07:30 am
Very good Mr. Banks. I agree

Very good Mr. Banks. I agree with you 100%

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 09/26/08 - 07:41 am
I think Palin gives great

I think Palin gives great interviews, even with "gotcha" skanks like Gibson. I think she talks way over the head of most left wingers and needs to dumb down her answers to include confused lefties.

christian134
christian134 09/26/08 - 07:43 am
Great letter and right on

Great letter and right on point...Thanks Mr. Banks....

stewartist
stewartist 09/26/08 - 08:04 am
It is amazing to me the

It is amazing to me the animosity over a woman who has spent 8 yrs as mayor, and 2 yrs as Gov. and just because she's a conservative, is pro life, agrees on "drill here, drill now", wants to reform washington, and somewhat attractive...makes her an "airhead" or "red neck", shows the inherent ignorance that our country is plagued with. Have you by any chance been listening to the incoherent babble that has been spilling from the mouth of Joe Biden the past week, and you say Palin is an airhead - wake up and smell the "moose meat". Just wait for the debates and you'll get a reality check of what kind of leadership will be needed in Washington.

angiesdad
angiesdad 09/26/08 - 08:07 am
the only one who needs to

the only one who needs to aplogize here is mcsenile for introducing this idiot to the world.she is a airhead,liar,and a fraud.when the silly katie couric embarrasses you,you're beyond hope.this is the idiot you guys admire? "wow! putin flies over our airspace in alaska!"even couric was stunned.no wonder you keep her away from the cameras,she makes quayle look brilliant.msnbc is the only channel that will show these clips,and of course mccookoo lying to letterman was a classic.he had to rush back to washington,for what? they don't need your ignorant imput.then they show him getting ready to interview with couric.of course this is the same network that crucified dan rather when he exposed bush's military lies,and wimped out.can't wait till biden takes her to the cleaners in the debate,unless they pull another hoax and get out of it, like mcnut tonight. he can't stand toe to to toe with obama unless they wire him up like they did bush in 04,remember the bulge?google it.and please no more pow stories, was he the only one?please don't tell me he kept me safe,from who?poor n vietnamese people who were going to float 10,000 miles here on their bikes and throw rice at us.thank God for msnb

imdstuf
imdstuf 09/26/08 - 08:14 am
Stewartist, people are

Stewartist, people are calling Palin a redneck after hearing what she actually has to say. Also after reading about her actual past. As for Obama, he may not be the answer either. There are more than just two choices though. There is Ron Paul, Bob Barr, Ralph Nader, etc, but they are never invited to debate or even put on all state ballots. The major parties say they do not count, but if you added up all the votes between the independents they make up a large number. If you let them debate to where most Americans could hear them, and allowed them on all ballots so people saw them as a choice, I think the numbers would be even higher, yet the two major parties do not want this.

pofwe
pofwe 09/26/08 - 08:18 am
angiesdad, go tend to Angie,

angiesdad, go tend to Angie, thats something you might have conceived.

factchecker
factchecker 09/26/08 - 08:24 am
Bipartisanship is a frequent

Bipartisanship is a frequent issue on the campaign trail, with the McCain camp and surrogates such as Mr. Graham arguing the standard is how often someone takes leadership on an issue in defiance of his own party - a measure by which Mr. Obama falls short and Mr. McCain clearly excels. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/sep/15/records-show-mccain-more...

stewartist
stewartist 09/26/08 - 08:25 am
"angiesdad" comment is a

"angiesdad" comment is a perfect example of the uneducated ignorance our country is consumed with. The purpose of K. Courics interview, as like C. Gibson's was to deliver "gotcha" questions, and Palin handled them. Obama can't even deliver a complete sentence without a teleprompter in front of him. And as for why McCain went back to Wash...Have you any idea what the Democrats were trying to pass with this ridiculous Bill? And Obama said "If they need me, they'll call me." When our country is dealing with one of the most disastrous conflicts in our economy in decades, a LEADER should WANT to be a PART of it!!! The republicans have the balls to interrupt such a debacle. READ MORE and PAY ATTENTION TO THE FACTS you'll figure some important things out!!!

reddog
reddog 09/26/08 - 08:41 am
It is to painful to watch

It is to painful to watch Palin being interviewed. She should just say she has limited foreign policy experience and that she is a quick study. Saying you have foreign policy experience because of the location of Alaska is ridicules. McCain has made a mistake and it is frightening to believe that Palin may be the next Commander in Chief. The 'Peter Principle" should now be called the "Palin Principle." She has definitely reached her level of incompetency.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 09/26/08 - 08:47 am
reddog, you should have

reddog, you should have watched the interview with Palin, it was much better then the filtered version on the left wing media. Lefties do find her interviews painful. They're all about honesty , honor, and responsibility. Conservatives talk about frightening conservative stuff.

freedombelle
freedombelle 09/26/08 - 08:56 am
All of these candidates must

All of these candidates must KNOW something....Thats why they are in contention for these high offices and "we" folks are way down here in GA doing REGULAR everyday things...Don't we think we are SOMETHING?????

americafirst
americafirst 09/26/08 - 09:02 am
I hope angie didn't inherit

I hope angie didn't inherit her dad's intellect.

reddog
reddog 09/26/08 - 09:04 am
PT: Honestly, I tried to

PT: Honestly, I tried to watch Palin twice now and I have had to change the channel. It is distressing to see here faulter and look like a moose caught in the headlights. I had the same reaction to GW and he turned out to be a "high functioning moron."

stewartist
stewartist 09/26/08 - 09:14 am
I watched Palin's interview

I watched Palin's interview as well..."reddog" you have to understand that Obama has NO foreign experience, and he's running for PRESIDENT. He actually said that Iran was a "small" country and was NO threat to the U.S. and you're worried about Palin. If Obama wins, our enemies will exploit the weakness he'll bring to the Whitehouse and YOU BETTER BELIEVE that the security of our nation will falter as a result. McCain has enough foreign policy experience than Obama and Biden combined. Try keeping away from MSNBC coverage and pay attention to real journalism. And in your last comment...yes G. Bush is an Idiot.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 09/26/08 - 09:16 am
you're right reddog, what's

you're right reddog, what's up with them white people?

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 09/26/08 - 09:22 am
Palin doesn't deservan an

Palin doesn't deservan an apology. In fact, I've no interest in what she told Katie Couric. I said long in advance that she was unqualified to the at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, and boy was I right. I heard a clip of her not even answering questions the audience asked her on the September 18 edition of the Michael Baisden Show. That was the final straw. I no longer have any respect for McCain or any other person supporting the GOP ticket.

stewartist
stewartist 09/26/08 - 09:31 am
"willistontownnsc" What was

"willistontownnsc" What was the question Palin didn't answer in which you are referring to. Please anoint us with your wisdom and educate us conservatives with your left wing knowledge. I can tell by your comment that you excel in political knowhow. Thrill me with your left wing acrimony.

disssman
disssman 09/26/08 - 09:31 am
Just a couple of points

Just a couple of points Richard. Why were you in the waiting areas of the VA for 8 hours, are you homeless? Now back to Ms greenbaum giving Sarah a public appology. If you will check, you will find that Sarah hasn't been in the public since big John selected her. So there really is no way to apoligize to her, even if it was warranted. As for the law everyone is concerned about. The Georgia law says every child K-12 will be taught History. Now if you believe that all the classes for each grade will have the same content, then you are hopelessly ignorant. By the way the law says the same thing about mathmatics and physical ed, and reading etc. etc. etc. I can't believe you would expect 13 different laws for the same subject, or would you? I expect the Dept of Education for Illinois promulgated the law and wrote the implementing instructions.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 09/26/08 - 09:56 am
I think the Chronicle should

I think the Chronicle should change its policy to one letter per household address every 30 days. That way I don't have to see the Greenbaums thrill us with their stupidity more often. Anyone that thinks Lowell didn't write this letter I have some swampland to sell you. Disssman if he was in the VA that means he served his country. I value a vets opinion more than anyone elses. They put their butts on the line everyday so people like us can even be able to share our opinions.

Tujeez
Tujeez 09/26/08 - 09:58 am
Glad I popped Over, I see you

Glad I popped Over, I see you sent your poser independents on the other page so you could puke your HAIL MARY crapola over here. Touche Douche'

Georgia Regents' hospital plan chosen