This is Bush's war to live with

I just finished reading the Sept. 11 letter "Today is a day for America to remember" sent in by Gil Ward from Evans. I did not visit the mosque that he spoke of, so I have no comment on the events that took place.

The phrase "the loved ones we lost; and why we are at war" caught my attention. There is ample documentation that shows the war in Iraq was planned prior to 9-11. There were 19 terrorists involved, 15 of them from Saudi Arabia and the other four from different countries -- and none from Iraq. Saddam Hussein had no dealings with the al-Qaida as President Bush claimed over and over that he had a hand in it.

With thousands upon thousands of Iraqi civilians killed, many of them women and children, and over 4,000 of our troops killed, we can lay this immoral war squarely on President Bush's shoulders. This is his war, and he has to live with it.

Jim McGaughy, Aiken, S.C.

DrGunby68
DrGunby68 09/16/08 - 02:16 am
Same thing here from my other

Same thing here from my other post...keep telling the lie...it still ain't true and slick Sally Palin said it also...what a crock...often times, there is no solace in knowing that my fellow countrypersons are still dumb enough to believe this even though Bush himself has stopped saying it...

DrGunby68
DrGunby68 09/16/08 - 02:19 am
A lie doesn't care who tells

A lie doesn't care who tells it just as long as it gets told...even Bush stopped saying it, but Silly Sarah said it just last week...what a joke !!

PTHS2
PTHS2 09/16/08 - 03:33 am
Hey folks, the war started in

Hey folks, the war started in August of 1990 when Saddam Hussain invaded Kuwait.

SisterAbdullahX_
SisterAbdullahX_ 09/16/08 - 03:53 am
DuGunby...keep telling the

DuGunby...keep telling the lie....it still ain't true....you mean like saying "Bush lied" or " there were no wmd's"?

GACopperhead
GACopperhead 09/16/08 - 05:03 am
Do the research. Why did Iraq

Do the research. Why did Iraq invade Kuwait? It had proof Kuwait was infringing on Iraqi oil fields. What was George HW's response when informed PRIOR to the attack...it was " the US has no policy on that" which is in government speak, implicit approval.

JesusIsComing
JesusIsComing 09/16/08 - 05:11 am
The writer, as seems to be

The writer, as seems to be the case with all liberals, seems to miss an important event that occured on October 7, 2001: THE WAR IN AFGHANISTAN!

CH
CH 09/16/08 - 05:51 am
Alas, Jim, all we need to do

Alas, Jim, all we need to do is hold one another and the world will stop hating. DrGrunby, I guess Dems don't ever lie...especially the Clintons, you know, Monicagate, Snipergate. And GAhd, where do you get this "research?" I 've never heard of any of this...and the liberal media would be all over it if it existed. Liberals like to sling crap at Bush and those evil Republicans. They figure if you sling it long enough, plenty will stick. Be sure to wash your hands afterward.

Reality
Reality 09/16/08 - 06:28 am
If Clinton would have had a

If Clinton would have had a set, this would be a moot conversation..

SoonerorLater
SoonerorLater 09/16/08 - 06:38 am
Clinton set the table for

Clinton set the table for this, he did not have the moral courage to uphold the oath of his office to protect the nation's citizens. The WTC was bombed early in his administration and he did nothing. Then the two embassies in Africa were obliterated and he only sent a few missiles in with no results. These events led up to the catastrophic events of 9-11. Bush and the country had no choice but strike back and strike hard. Saddam had skirted UN sanctions for years, Iraq ahot at US planes enforcing the no fly zone (thus Iraq took the offensive against the US, so in essence Iraq did attack the US first). BO and the Dems are all about reaching out to insane thugs and working through the spineless, inept, and corrupt UN Security Council; they do not have the courage to stand up to the evil in the world that threatens our way of life. Did Bush make mistakes, of course he did and unfortunately our troops were handcuffed with fighting under very restrictive rules of engagement. However, our country is safer although we still have a lot of work to do.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 09/16/08 - 07:06 am
This is OUR war....every US

This is OUR war....every US citizen. Whether you agree with it or not. This is also OUR president. It must be nice to sit at your computer (safely I might add) and bash your president and country daily. Support your fighting men and women. They do not make policy they only follow orders. Do not denigrate their service with politics.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 09/16/08 - 07:22 am

Thank you Bush for taking the war to them instead of fighting it in the streets of NYC. Well done. History will speak well of your national defense effort.

AGR354
AGR354 09/16/08 - 07:24 am
well said patricia

well said patricia

jack234
jack234 09/16/08 - 07:37 am
As an independent, since it

As an independent, since it was our war, maybe we should have fought it in NYC. Have a blessed day. Look like as long as it is not our civilians dying, its ok.

factchecker
factchecker 09/16/08 - 07:42 am
The object is not to die for

The object is not to die for your country but to allow the other person die for theirs. So yes I'm also glad it is in their streets. Jack234 you can spew the rhetoric that you are independent but we all know from your constant comments that you are a Dem at heart because if you really were an independent you would not have to keep telling us.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 09/16/08 - 07:48 am
Jack234 quit with the

Jack234 quit with the independent crap. You give real independents a bad name. You are a democrat and a Obama supporter. You have been all year. Be a man and stand up for what you really are. Quit being a coward. Or are you ashamed of being a democrat?

SoonerorLater
SoonerorLater 09/16/08 - 07:56 am
jack234 fails to mention that

jack234 fails to mention that the US fights under very strict rules of engagement with respect to hospitals, schools, and religious buildings. We fight with regard and respect for human life, although unfortunately, accidents do happen. Al Qaeda and its ilk have no regard for human life (women, children, the elderly), hospitals, schools or their own mosques. Most of the civilians are killed in Iraq (and worldwide for that matter) by the insane lunatics who strap bombs to their bodies or drive explosive laden vehicles into a marketplace (or any other gathering of people). To say it is OK is narrow minded and nearly mentally disturbing. To try to draw a comparision to between our tactics and AQ's is a "blame America first" mentality that the I hate America crowd seems to covet.

donnymack
donnymack 09/16/08 - 08:13 am
Bush took the war to the

Bush took the war to the wrong enemy. Why can't you folks get it through your thick skinned heads. He planned Iraq before the WTC. Al Qida had nothing to do with Iraq. I believe that the whole Iraq thing had a lot to do with Cheney's secret meeting of energy people in 2005. Why don't we still to this day know who attended. That meeting one the first of our rights that we lost. More than likely the meeting was to get Haliburten up to speed and the likes of T Boone Pickens and the other oil moguls. If you think about it you have to believe that we have a nothing but a gang of mobsters in office laughing at us and how easy it is to manipulate the puppets.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 09/16/08 - 08:26 am
Isn't T Boone one of Pelosi's

Isn't T Boone one of Pelosi's minions?

rufus
rufus 09/16/08 - 08:36 am
T Boone is the wind guy,

T Boone is the wind guy, donnymack is the idiot guy

georgiagator25
georgiagator25 09/16/08 - 08:49 am
I was deployed to Iraq 3

I was deployed to Iraq 3 times and I got injured twice. I belive that we were there under a lie...... baised on the things that I saw there and things that were done to cover up what was really going on........ Of course we had to go to war in Afgan... to justify Bush's war on Iraq. Please stop saying that because people are against this war are not supporting our troops because alot of the troops don't support this war!!!! ANOTHER ThING I'm from Augusta and was deployed three times and I never recieved any thing from this great city of ours. I even wrote the Mayor about it........ But recieved nothing back. It is kinda sad because I recieved care packages from Germans and they hate Bush.

jack234
jack234 09/16/08 - 08:50 am
As a strong independent, and

As a strong independent, and getting stronger I stand by all my previous posts. Now, all independents have a blessed day. I am running for president of the independents. Its the economy, not the war. A failed economic policy, The independent voters have not failed. I don't think Cheney is an independent - just mean spirited and agrogant. (sp)

jack234
jack234 09/16/08 - 08:52 am
georgiagators25: Thank you

georgiagators25: Thank you for your service and your comment, it will help this independent make up his mind. You have a blessed day.

georgiagator25
georgiagator25 09/16/08 - 08:54 am
Thank you Jack234. You have

Thank you Jack234. You have a blessed and wonderful day.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 09/16/08 - 09:13 am
I voted for Bush twice. Did

I voted for Bush twice. Did he do everything the way I wanted? No way. But he has always had my support in a war with Iraq. He certainly has my support in the war in Afghanistan. If he could serve a third term, I would support him in Iran. Bush had the support of almost everyone in congress as well as over 35 other countries when we first went into Iraq.

donnymack
donnymack 09/16/08 - 09:15 am
That's a great comment dufus

That's a great comment dufus you have not a clue execpt a personal attack. What is your input on the Top Secret Energy Meeting? Why would we not be informed on who attended? What else are they hiding from the American people. Everyone can scream their doom and gloom about either candidate, but which one is closest to the Bush-Cheney philosphy? Folks whether you want to believe it or not this administration has raped our country. Even now we go with the Carl Rove scare tactics. Who kept our country safe from terrorists, could it really be the Big Oil People? President Nixon melted the Cold War for a reason,so we as a nation ould enjoy parts of the world that we knew nothing about except gossip. Rememeber when you were Russian,you were communist and a terrible person no matter what,German-Nazi,Asisn -Kamikazi. This is exactly the kind of country we are turning into again. Our government and certain facets of religion are trying to put us back in the dark ages again,I believe. Look at todays headlines folks,we may be a breath away from serious financial difficulties for anyone who thinks they are middle class, because their assets won't be worth anything to speak of.

ibewalkingtoolmemphis
ibewalkingtoolmemphis 09/16/08 - 09:25 am
Another democratic moron

Another democratic moron spewing the democratic mantra!

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 09/16/08 - 09:28 am
Jack234 quit it. You are a

Jack234 quit it. You are a democrat. You are a Obama supporter. Even if you keep calling yourself an Independent it won't make it true. Are u that ashamed of your party?

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 09/16/08 - 09:35 am
georgiagator25, thank you for

georgiagator25, thank you for your service. I'm sorry your military experience was so traumatic. I've heard of soldiers that have your opinion of serving. I'm sorry you didn't get care packages for Augusta. (some soldiers did, and some didn't get any from Germany) I guess with such a large number of volunteers there's bound to be a representative of all opinions. Many that post on this site have been wounded and reenlisted to serve in our country's defense.

angiesdad
angiesdad 09/16/08 - 09:52 am
good job georgiagator,you

good job georgiagator,you won't be rewarded because unfortunately you were used as were all of former soldiers.you did 3 tours, don't you find it ironic that millions of flag waving young men will not HELP you?they will buy ribbons,wave flags and drink one in your honor, but won't don a uniform.why? because they're are cowards who like pat thomas will urge you to take the fight to them while her little darlings stay in school.they will give you parades and buy you meals,but then they go home and take care of their spoiled brats,who are a disgrace to this country.i have my discharge,been there done that,how about some go kill em all stories,jack?tell us how you feel about the my lai massacre one more time,so i can wave my flag again.damn those vietnamese! oh i forgot we attacked them, my bad!

augustalawyer
augustalawyer 09/16/08 - 09:53 am
Georgiagator, I am sorry you

Georgiagator, I am sorry you had such a bad experience in your three short tours. However, during my one tour of 16 straight months as an Infantry soldier who actually fought the war everyday, I did not meet ANYONE who felt we were doing the wrong thing. Perhaps it was political brainwashing but those of us who actually went outside the wire everyday and fought the war and spent time with the Afghan and Iraqi people had a different opinion that those of you who stayed on the FOB and played video games. However, I do agree with you in that the City of Augusta stinks in their efforts of recognizing and supporting local service members.