Obama fading in Georgia poll

ATLANTA --- Democrat Barack Obama's campaign in Georgia is in the midst of a deep slide, according to a poll released Thursday.

A new InsiderAdvantage/Poll Position survey of likely registered voters indicates a steep decline for Mr. Obama. It shows Republican John McCain with the support of 56 percent of the respondents to Mr. Obama's 38 percent.

The poll of 506 registered likely voters, weighted for age, race, and gender, was conducted by telephone Wednesday evening and has a 4 percent margin of error.

The poll didn't offer a choice for Libertarian Bob Barr or Green Party nominee Cynthia McKinney, both of Georgia, but 2 percent of respondents indicated "other" as their choice, and 4 percent were undecided.

InsiderAdvantage CEO Matt Towery said the poll represents a major change from past surveys that had predicted a close race in the Peach State.

"The reason is simple: Obama lost serious ground in virtually every demographic," he said, especially among the youngest voters.

"Should (young voters) return to Obama and the African-American vote end up where we expect it to be, the race could be closer in November," Mr. Towery said. "But as of now Georgia is no longer a 'leans McCain' state. As of this survey, Georgia is in the McCain column."

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 09/12/08 - 09:37 am
I'm serious guys. He really

I'm serious guys. He really does have big ears, doesn't he............

sjones1
sjones1 09/12/08 - 09:38 am
I will remain sure of myself

I will remain sure of myself and the party that I support... I'll ask you the same, will you come back and apologize in November when Mr. Obama becomes President? see unlike most of you here commenting I am voting based on Color/Race I am voting for Mr. Obama because I truly believe he is the best person for the job out of the choices we have been given. Quote me please "Barack Obama will win in November 2008" I'm so sure of that is energizing, it inspires me everyday to believe that no matter how many people are against you, if God is with you, you will not fail!

EJ
EJ 09/12/08 - 09:43 am
sjones, I won't feel the need

sjones, I won't feel the need to come back and aplogize, as I've not been so cocky as to state that McCain will absolutely win! I hope he does! You and your ultra lib friends state day after day that Obama WILL win! Must be nice to be so sure of yourselves, however, if he doesn't win, I hope you have your parachute packed as it will be long fall for you!

Reality
Reality 09/12/08 - 09:47 am
You said it,sjones1, you are

You said it,sjones1, you are voting strictly on race, the cat is out of the bag.."see unlike most of you here commenting I am voting based on Color/Race I am voting for Mr. Obama"

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 09/12/08 - 09:50 am
I don't know if this can get

I don't know if this can get much funnier. barack hussein obama now says if you can send an e-mail, you're qualified to be POTUS.

EJ
EJ 09/12/08 - 09:53 am
My gawd, converted, do you

My gawd, converted, do you realize that even qualifies willistontownsc, if this is true???? *shudder*

sjones1
sjones1 09/12/08 - 09:55 am
I am NOT voting based on

I am NOT voting based on color/race... I was typing fast but since you feel you must be the grammar or spelling police I will address and correct that mistype. However the facts do not change McCain and Palin are not the way! - I am a TRUE Democrat and firmly believe that if the Republican party continues to lead this country we will be worst off than Iraq and all the other so called countries that depend on us, i.e. we depend on.

christian134
christian134 09/12/08 - 09:58 am
No you have spoken sjones

No you have spoken sjones along with the rest of the blind deaf Obama followers...For crying out loud try voting for the one with knowledge instead of voting for skin color...That skin color and 50 cents will probably by you nothing...This has to cease being skin color and party affiliations and begin to be about this country, her people(all people), her sovereignty and greatness....

Reality
Reality 09/12/08 - 09:59 am
One name comes to mind,

One name comes to mind, Sigmund Freud ...................

adrian22
adrian22 09/12/08 - 10:01 am
I agree with you

I agree with you pantherluvcik and papag wah.

christian134
christian134 09/12/08 - 10:02 am
So if my grandson who is

So if my grandson who is turning two years of age is capable of sending an email he, by Obama's words is qualified to vote wow now what is that saying about this Obama character...By the way my grandson is smarter than most of Obama's followers if the truth be known...:-)

EJ
EJ 09/12/08 - 10:05 am
Alright, people DO make

Alright, people DO make typos, so give sjones a break! He/she says he/she is a TRUE democrat! That's fine! We know what they think of this country and that they would turn this into a socialist country with their free health care, free college tuition for everyone, etc., etc., etc. But I'm not convinced that the majority of the people in this country want that, but we'll see come November. All I'm trying to say is, whether your conservative OR liberal, don't be so cocky about your candidate absolutely going to win!

truth4u
truth4u 09/12/08 - 10:12 am
from reading the responses

from reading the responses that some people left georgia has a lot of ingnorant voters. It will truly be a shame if the "pig" in lipstick and the man with a short arm becomes the masterminds behind our government. Barack still has my vote and as far as him being a celeberty so was californias governer and President kennedy. Its ok when your guy is famoous but when it somes to another party its a crime. Grow up all u rednecks!!!!!!!!! CHANGE IS COMING!!!.

georgiagator25
georgiagator25 09/12/08 - 10:18 am
WOW!! Wake up people!!! Most

WOW!! Wake up people!!! Most of McCain's ads have been proven false DON'T rely on just the ads. And stop bashing Obama's name, just because his middle name is Hussien. White people on the news have been using that as a knock against him as a scare tactic. OOOOh his middle name is Hussien just like Saddam................. Didn't America put Saddam in power and then lied about him being a MAJOR threat........ STOP THE B.S.

EJ
EJ 09/12/08 - 10:28 am
truth4u, you ought to be

truth4u, you ought to be ashamed of yourself referring to McCain's arms that way. He was tortured for 5 1/2 years in Viet Nam, which led to that and other afflictions. You don't have to like him, but to be that cruel is unjustified. And to call Sarah Palin a pig is just ignorant on your part. And let me tell you one thing, I'm voting for McCain, but I am NOT a redneck. I happened to have come here from Boston 40 years ago. *sigh* I don't know why I feel compelled to respond to liberal rantings.....y'all are so filled with HATE that you're pitiful! I should feel sorry for the lot of you!

sjones1
sjones1 09/12/08 - 10:29 am
EJ is it forbidden to want

EJ is it forbidden to want ALL people in the united states to be able to receive health benefits? is it totally out of the question or just plain mad to truly believe that everyone should be entitled to a college education? - Is it just unspeakable to believe that some of the less fortunate (poor) in this country can not or have not been equipped (educated) to governed themselves in preparing for a future without Social Security... That is the problem some people not you in particular are so self righteous and can only see from one point of view. We do not all come from the same background and have not all been presented the same opportunities, dispite popular Republican belief everyone can not just tie up their boot straps and become a corporate employee. But this can not be explained to anyone not open minded enough to receive the facts. While you may call the poor lazy, slackers, sorry or whatever, some of which may be true, but i do not and can not believe that applies to all. I do believe instead of just leaving them out to fend for themselves as if they are animals, help to educate and equip them with the tools they'll need to improve and survive.

sjones1
sjones1 09/12/08 - 10:30 am
And I believe that is what

And I believe that is what Barack Obama stands for and that is why he will receive my vote in Nov. 08

paulwitherspoon
paulwitherspoon 09/12/08 - 10:32 am
Is Barak hussien Obama a

Is Barak hussien Obama a muslim name???? If so, why would a person CHANGE their name to it if you don't consider yourself a muslim???

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 09/12/08 - 10:34 am
barack hussein obama wanted

barack hussein obama wanted to use his complete name when he first started campaigning because he said it set him apart. We have been told what we can and cannot say about him. I am only doing as he requested when he first started his campaign. The NOobama followers continue to show just what type of people they are. He also knew his followers would know exactly what he was hinting at when he used the lipstick on the pig comment. He doesn't do well, when not reading a script. Sarah makes decisions for an entire state and NOobama votes present. Wow, what a guy.

EJ
EJ 09/12/08 - 10:36 am
sjones, I have to tell you

sjones, I have to tell you that nobody helped me or my husband when we went to college back in the day. My family, while doing well, wasn't rich, but I worked and helped put myself through college. I just don't think we should hand everything on a silver tray to everyone, because nothing received is appreciated that way. There are student loans out there, scholarships, etc., etc.........it's much easier than it used to be. Not everyone is equipped to go to college anyway, we're turning out high school graduates who can't talk, spell or use proper grammar. One only has to read this forum every day to know that's true!

sjones1
sjones1 09/12/08 - 10:46 am
EJ, your response proved my

EJ, your response proved my point. I'm not speaking of any one individual situation, I'm speaking of people in a whole, I nor my Husband have been given any hand outs either but we are making it, and it has not been easy. Still with that being said I can not look down on someone else who is not doing as well as I am and say "oh well they need to just get it together" I know better than that. It's more than that.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 09/12/08 - 10:50 am
Some are being put in college

Some are being put in college that are not qualified and are being set up to fail. What about those that are qualified and won't get that slot at the college because they have to put someone in the college that doesn't have the grades? The ones that are qualified have to struggle to pay for college while those that aren't get a free ride? Does this sound fair? Will the unqualified finish college, if they are truly not qualified, but you want taxpayers to pay for their education? Are we not leaning to a dumbing down of our education system? Are you expecting some to work hard to get an education while giving that education to others? Look what has happened when you just hand things to people. Look at how unrealistic this sounds.

truthisouttherestill
truthisouttherestill 09/12/08 - 10:50 am
oh my GOD!!!!! abraham

oh my GOD!!!!! abraham lincoln could not send email or work a computer......he should never have been president....what a joke.....how much computer work do you all really think a president does for himself.....that is why he has all his assistants....cabinet members......and a whole department of defense.......he gets the print outs and personal debriefs on everything going on.....and anyway......he can take a computer class......there is a whole lot of other classes bo would have to take just to catch up and be worthy

MissNea1908
MissNea1908 09/12/08 - 10:50 am
I wish Obama much success. My

I wish Obama much success. My prayers go out to his staff. Obama 2008---A CHANGE IS NEEDED

dani
dani 09/12/08 - 10:53 am
Bill is planning to join the

Bill is planning to join the Obama movement later this month which is not all all surprising. Palin is now standing in the way of Hillary's 2012 ambitions. They must defeat mCCain/Palin or all is lost for Hillary. '12 will be her last chance and she did not expect a Sarah Palin to be waiting..

EJ
EJ 09/12/08 - 10:58 am
sjones, I am not one of those

sjones, I am not one of those who looks down on someone who is not doing as well as I am now. I know what it's like to be "down". Early in my married life to my first spouse, it was a really hard row to hoe. He was an abusive alcoholic and gambled away his paycheck each week pretty much for the whole 10 years I was married to him. Nobody helped me then financially, I can tell you. I had to pull myself up by my own boot straps and make a better life for myself, which I did. I was then single for 10 years, working very, very hard on swing shifts as a nurse to support myself. Then I married again and we're now retired, but we "ain't" rich, I can assure you. However, it has never occurred to us to put our hand out to receive anything. I just feel that too many younger people are happy to sit on their butts and let the government do everything for them.....and I, as a taxpayer, am sick of supporting everyone else!

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 09/12/08 - 10:59 am
I know working couples that

I know working couples that are making a good income that choose to have no insurance because they can go to the hospital and get free care. There are several programs for children to have health care. Some families unfairly use these systems and expect the taxpayers to handle their expenses. When do people take responsibility for their own lives. My family has insurance and we pay a large amount. We don't expect anyone else to pay for our care. In barack hussein obama we have someone that wants the government to take care of everything and run our lives. Not my kind of guy. Sarah makes decisions - NOobama votes present.

sjones1
sjones1 09/12/08 - 11:01 am
"this can not be explained to

"this can not be explained to anyone not open minded enough to receive the facts" - Quote me.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 09/12/08 - 11:05 am
If I were Obama I would be

If I were Obama I would be worried about a Hilliary 12 run. Should he be elected in 08, IMHO Hilliary would be gunning for him for the next 4 years. She & Bill certainly have no intentions of Obama being a 2 term president.

paulwitherspoon
paulwitherspoon 09/12/08 - 11:08 am
I guess no obama backers want

I guess no obama backers want to answer the question of why one would change their name to a muslim name if you do not adhere to the muslim faith? Can't one obamanian answer?

Paine plans furloughs, salary cuts, layoffs

Paine College President George C. Bradley on Friday announced the college will implement furlough days, salary reductions and layoffs to save $2.4 million over the next fiscal year.