Obama fading in Georgia poll

ATLANTA --- Democrat Barack Obama's campaign in Georgia is in the midst of a deep slide, according to a poll released Thursday.

A new InsiderAdvantage/Poll Position survey of likely registered voters indicates a steep decline for Mr. Obama. It shows Republican John McCain with the support of 56 percent of the respondents to Mr. Obama's 38 percent.

The poll of 506 registered likely voters, weighted for age, race, and gender, was conducted by telephone Wednesday evening and has a 4 percent margin of error.

The poll didn't offer a choice for Libertarian Bob Barr or Green Party nominee Cynthia McKinney, both of Georgia, but 2 percent of respondents indicated "other" as their choice, and 4 percent were undecided.

InsiderAdvantage CEO Matt Towery said the poll represents a major change from past surveys that had predicted a close race in the Peach State.

"The reason is simple: Obama lost serious ground in virtually every demographic," he said, especially among the youngest voters.

"Should (young voters) return to Obama and the African-American vote end up where we expect it to be, the race could be closer in November," Mr. Towery said. "But as of now Georgia is no longer a 'leans McCain' state. As of this survey, Georgia is in the McCain column."

youknowit
youknowit 09/13/08 - 06:46 am
lol...wow, icanusethat...I

lol...wow, icanusethat...I think you need to try again, because no one understands that...too many grammar mistakes!

DonH
DonH 09/13/08 - 06:58 am
What choices, an old-timer or

What choices, an old-timer or a young, charismatic preacher. Both do what they are told by their Parties. At least with the old-timer we have some predictablility. The preacher reminds me of how the Middle East is run. No thanks!

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 09/13/08 - 07:12 am
If you want your liberal,

If you want your liberal, left wing articles/news, all you have to do is look at ABC,CBS, NBC, CNN, etc., read the Atlanta Constipation, KOS and many other rags. You have many options to get all those flowery filled and bias articles. Just remember Sarah makes decisions - barack hussein obama votes present (because he doesn't want to offend anyone).

christian134
christian134 09/13/08 - 07:16 am
RCR the only reason for

RCR the only reason for Obama, as you proclaim, to receive more votes than anyone else in Democratic history would be simply that the many blacks and youth of today, no matter their color, as well as the media and Hollywood crowd are suffering from a clear-cut case of greed and delusion....

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 09/13/08 - 07:18 am
Amazing on one page

Amazing on one page republicans are saying that " Sarah is not running for President". On this page you have her being compared to Obama. Please make up your minds.

sillylillie
sillylillie 09/13/08 - 07:37 am
everyone knows georgia is the

everyone knows georgia is the most raciest state in the south and i don't think anyone expectsgeorgia to carry andelection anyway and you can BET obama is gonna win this election no matter what those phony polls says they are just designes to confuse the voter and to distract the you from the issues like macain is trying to do from the start. Just remember he"s still and old man too old for president of the united states. and palin is still just a housewife or rather the bread winner in the house and clearly not qualified to rund a country are all you people are just crazy

Marco02
Marco02 09/13/08 - 07:52 am
No, if you DON'T support

No, if you DON'T support Obama, then there MUST be racist reasoning behind your lack of support, because ANYBODY.....ANYBODY...can see that's he's a far far better candidate than McCain or Palin, two closest red-necks. IF this poll is true (which I highly doubt, since these polls NEVER NEVER NEVER reach the homes of African Americans) , then it DOES re-enforce the closet racism that's evident in this (and other) "deep south" states. WHO IN THE WORLD WOULD WANT AN OLD, "I WAS A PRISONER OF WAR", REPUBLICAN in office trying to dictate this country and even ATTEMPT to fix its problems? McCain/Palin don't give a care about minorities or issues that working class face, such as poverty, funding programs, violence, gas prices, the economy...etc.... They only care about the same old, TIRED, run-of-the-mill, Fox News crap that most other Republicans go on and on and on about: abortion, patriotism, religion...this type of POINTLESS CRAP THAT DOESN'T REFLECT OR AFFECT ANYBODY THE MOST RIGHT NOW! Obama and Biden are actually trying to DO something RIGHT, and Obama's waken up the youth and African Americans in this country like NEVER before, so who would DARE stop that?!!!

1941
1941 09/13/08 - 07:52 am
The GOP IS RUNNING THE SAME

The GOP IS RUNNING THE SAME GAME THEY DO EVERY ELECTION, THEY TRY TO PUT FEAR IN VOTERS. WE ARE NOT AFRAID,NOR DO WE BELIVE YOUR POLLS. THE ONLY POLL I AM INTERESTED IN IS THE ONE ON NOVEMBER FIFTH!!!! ALSO I AM STILL TRYING TO UNDERSTAND, WHY ARE CERTAIN PEOPLE SCARED OF MUSLIMS??? The republicans are the only party to always talk war,they are a bunch of scared people who hide behind polls and thier computers!!!Most of them are racist, and don;t even know why they are racist!!! They are miserable people and they try and upset everyone else!!!! It don;t work!!!!

Marco02
Marco02 09/13/08 - 08:01 am
Simply put, if ONE man like

Simply put, if ONE man like Obama can wake up the youth and African Americans (most of whom have examined his stance and platform EXTENSIVELY), then he's MORE than doing something right! Who in their right minds would want to vote AGAINST that, whether you're Republican, Independent, or non-partisan? To me, that alone suggest that ANY Obama opposition HAS to be racially-motivated, and that's NOT RIGHT! Heck, MANY of the anti-Obama comments I read above show me how NASTY some anti-Obama people on here are, and how TWISTED their thinking is....too bad I'm not seeing you all in person, because I'd put you in your place in a HURRY!! Obama and Biden's plans and purposes are FAR more divine than a well-packaged deception that McCain and Palin are feeding us. Besides, ANY support that Palin and McCain are getting is due to the mere media hype and supposed "shock value" of Palin being a female...who lacks REAL experience and who has a poor track record in terms of policy.....so the "hype" press + the "controversial" press may easily influence many ill-informed voters to lean towards them in these so-called "polls". Still, it's safe to say that Obama/Biden are easily, easily better!

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 09/13/08 - 08:12 am
I can see that this

I can see that this discussion has deteriorated and a reasonable discussion would be lost on these barack hussein obama followers. If you vote against NOobama, you must be racist because it couldn't be that he is power hungry, un-qualified, socialist/marxist, do-nothing senator for 143 days from the corrupt IL political machine. He has questionable "friends", makes questionable deals, follow the money. He does a campaign of destruction when running against any of his previous candidates and looks like he's trying it now. He is the most liberal senator and has asked for the most earmarks along with his VP, NObiden. Tell me again why we should vote for him.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 09/13/08 - 08:16 am
You shouldn't if you do not

You shouldn't if you do not believe in his policies, or way of thinking.

WW1949
WW1949 09/13/08 - 08:17 am
I also received one of the

I also received one of the poll calls. You could tell by the questions that it was an Obama poll. To sjones1, just because I do not like the redistribution idea of Obama and all his socialist ideas does not mean I am ignorant or do not want some sort of change in Washington. I would like to see all entitlements cut so that a person could not live on entitlements alone. I would like to see limits on how long a person could stay on entitlements. I would like all people receiving aid to have random drug tests and if tested positive then all help would be cut off. I would like to see Social Security benifits payable only to the people who have paid in to the plan. Currantly 3.3 workers pay into the program relative to those receiving benifits. WE have a huge problem with the unproductive in this country and coddling to them will not solve it. It will take some painful (to them but not the productive) cuts in the way we see things. These ideas are probably not going to be received well but as a conservativ who has worked hard for 40years to build a business and make a living for my family, I donot like the idea of giving more govt. handouts to anyone.

WW1949
WW1949 09/13/08 - 08:24 am
Marco02, what kind of place

Marco02, what kind of place would you put me in because I don't like Mr. Obama's ideas. It couldn't be in any better than I am. Debt free, paid for home, paid for cars, pleanty of money in the bank. 40 years of working, investing and living a conservative life.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 09/13/08 - 08:47 am
hypo.. Great, then we aren't

hypo.. Great, then we aren't racists, bigots, haters, etc. - are we? I certainly don't want him to be our commander-in-chief because he can't seem to make a decision, for fear it might offend someone. During these times, we need someone strong that can make a decision and keep our country strong and safe.

Obama_08
Obama_08 09/13/08 - 09:21 am
IGNORANT...is the name for

IGNORANT...is the name for all ya'll white or black you all are talking about being racist (black ppl) and trying to say lil racist stuff like the EBT card is still going to be here (white ppl). All ya'll just need to grow up and act your age not your show size..

lnd87
lnd87 09/13/08 - 09:23 am
Marco02--"No, if you DON'T

Marco02--"No, if you DON'T support Obama, then there MUST be racist reasoning behind your lack of support, because ANYBODY.....ANYBODY...can see that's he's a far far better candidate than McCain or Palin, two closest red-necks."
That is ridiculous. This election should not be about race. It isn't for me. I am not racist, yet I do not support Obama. What you said is ridiculous. This is not a popularity contest, it is a Presidential election. I would love for a black man to be President. Its been a long time coming. However, I do not agree with Obama on the issues, so for me BO is not the right man for the job. Why would I vote for him just because he is black even though I don't agree with his stance on pretty much anything. If I voted for him it would have to be because he is black. That is racist. Go back and read my comments for a page back from last night. THOSE are the things that should be talked about--not race.

lnd87
lnd87 09/13/08 - 09:27 am
I still find it hilarious

I still find it hilarious that some of you are so blinded by Obama's lack of experience and voting record. Yes, Palin is not very experienced, however she is the only candidate on EITHER ticket with executive experience. The rest of them have none, zip, zilch. And even though Palin doesn't have a ton of experience, she is not at the TOP of the ticket. The VP position lends itself to being more of an on-the-job training position than Commander in Chief!

lnd87
lnd87 09/13/08 - 09:29 am
Many people throughout

Many people throughout history have been eloquent speakers--Hitler, for example. Just because someone can "bring people together" does not always mean that it is for the good of those people. I am not saying that Obama is necessarily trying to decieve people but I just wanted to make the point that there are people who are good speakers but not good leaders.

MyOpinion2
MyOpinion2 09/13/08 - 09:37 am
The very best time to be in

The very best time to be in the MONEY Business is while the Republicans are in office.......... PRIVATIZE THE PROFITS---SOCIALIZE THE LOSSES.

NoSocialism
NoSocialism 09/13/08 - 10:33 am
I am so happy to hear this

I am so happy to hear this news. Finally people are researching the background of that guy, er, what's his name again...never mind its not important, and neither is he. But I know his affiliation with ACORN, Bill Ayers and other radicals who speak poorly about the United States or commit acts of terrorism need to be spoken of more often than what they have been.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 09/13/08 - 11:34 am
What an idiot you are. "

What an idiot you are. " Curious George and Shaft". I guess it could have been Hee Haw or The Dukes of Hazard. Would have been more to your liking.

RUbetteroff
RUbetteroff 09/13/08 - 01:48 pm
John McCain, in an interview

John McCain, in an interview with the NBC affiliate in Portland, ME, was asked to provide ONE example of Palin’s qualifications for dealing with Iraq, after some obvious discomfort, supplied what has to be the pithiest one-word answer ever: “energy.” Wow! Dazzle us with non-sequiturs, will ya? Is McCain’s reasoning just so superior that we mere mortals can’t follow it, or is that exactly as dumb as it sounds? Occam’s razor cuts in the direction of dumb. Republican mouthpiece Tucker Bounds, asked by Campbell Brown of CNN to provide ONE example of a decision made by Palin as head of the Alaska National Guard, couldn’t do it. Angered, McCain canceled his scheduled appearance on Larry King. Now, the ticket is qualified to handle Putin, qualified to deal with Iraq, but a couple of mean old reporters confound them. What’s wrong with this picture?

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 09/13/08 - 03:14 pm
Please give us an example of

Please give us an example of the qualifications/experience of barack hussein obama to deal with Iraq. Would we want him in charge of the economy or our security? Would we want him to be the commander-in-chief of this great country? I think NOT.

mable8
mable8 09/13/08 - 04:21 pm
Obama has NOTHING to offer

Obama has NOTHING to offer the American people; he shows this when he cannot provide an answer to even the simplest question (unless, of course, he has his notes). He SAID there needs to be changes, yet has never offered a clue as to what those changes are. A vote for Obama is a vote for stupidity.

toppergem
toppergem 09/14/08 - 05:16 am
I am sure there will be many

I am sure there will be many black people voting for Obama just because he is black, so what? There are going to be twice as many whites who will be voting for McCain because he is white. People don't vote on the issues. They are not smart enough to read and gather information on their own. They listen to the crap that many spit out to generate fear and hatred.

toppergem
toppergem 09/14/08 - 05:22 am
"barack hussein obama votes

"barack hussein obama votes present (because he doesn't want to offend anyone)". Again, here is an example of something that was spun in the media by someone who really had not done any real research on their own. John McCain voted present as many times as Obama was suppose to have voted. May I suggest some reading material for all of you who know so much about how these candidates voted on the issues. The book is Barack Obama vs. John McCain:complete voting records from January 6, 2005 to May 22, 2008. Rather interesting reading if I do say so myself.

Dame Jacqueline
Dame Jacqueline 09/15/08 - 10:28 am
You know, this is strange:

You know, this is strange: Ever since African-Americans have been able to vote, they have been voting for a white person for president. No one seems to think anything is wrong with that. This year, we have a qualified African-American running for president, and since many blacks will be voting for him, because of his qualifications and agenda, it's a Black "thing". Whites should be as supportive of us as we have been of them.

sadtohear
sadtohear 09/15/08 - 12:05 pm
woopee! President Obama and

woopee! President Obama and Vice President Biden are cleaning up the smears that was started by McSame and Sweet Polly WOOPEE

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 09/16/08 - 12:57 pm
Hmm let me switch some words

Hmm let me switch some words around here from toppergem's post: "I am sure there will be many (white) people voting for (McCain) just because he is (white), so what? There are going to be twice as many (blacks) who will be voting for (Obama) because he is (black). People don't vote on the issues. They are not smart enough to read and gather information on their own. They listen to the crap that many spit out to generate fear and hatred." This experimental variation sounds racist, doesn't it? Well, with your original words in your post it sounds racist and stereotypical, too. Are you a soothsayer or a mindreader that knows who people are going to vote for before they make up their minds? The one thing that you got right is the last line. You are spitting out more than your share of fear-mongering and hatred. That's truly disappointing to read from an educator.

advocate29
advocate29 09/16/08 - 08:55 pm
This drama simply proves how

This drama simply proves how much things truly have not changed. Change is necessary, Vote Obama. To the others, remove your white robes and Vote Palin for PTA President and McCain to the nursing home and everyone wins.